Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

the ON product line is one of the most under-rated lines.

you definitely got that right.

next thing you know we'll have more images posted :D

In the Philippines ON really is a quiet brand. But in the states, it has become one of the best selling whey product out there. I remember then, around a decade ago, Designer Whey was the brand of choice fitness enthusiasts and etc. EAS tried to market their whey but never really made it big aside from their Phosphagen/HP "creatine" supplement. Then Muscletech came bombarding with thousands of cheesy ads promoting Cell-tech and Nitrotech. In the end, On, the silent brand, became the choice of the majority for economic reasons combined with good quality.

By the way, I have a friend who runs supplement and vitamins store in the US and Canada. He told me that ON 100% Whey has been his best seller ever since. Dymatize Elite and Musclemilk are not far from the race. And those people purchase Nitrotech and Celltech are usually "gullible" teen agers.

guys need help here.... please pm me naman po kung anong suppliment ang pwede ko inumin para mejo pumayat i tako hydroxycut pero mejo hindi ko trip kc nag kaka pimples ako sa likod and hindi ako maka sleep unless after 10 hours after taking hydroxycut. hindi naman ako mataba konting chubby i think, 150 lbs ako i stand 5'5. kaso mejo malaki tyan ko dahil sa kakakain higa upo. pero nag work out na ako now 3x a week. ano po bang program ang pwede ko gawin para lumiit yung tyan ko? TIA! please pm me sa sagot nyo bihira lang kc ako mag online sa MTC eh TIA!

^^ i would like to ask the similar question. but i am 157lbs and 5"7 in height. i dropped from 161lbs within 3 weeks and that's a relief i say!

In the Philippines ON really is a quiet brand. But in the states, it has become one of the best selling whey product out there. I remember then, around a decade ago, Designer Whey was the brand of choice fitness enthusiasts and etc. EAS tried to market their whey but never really made it big aside from their Phosphagen/HP "creatine" supplement. Then Muscletech came bombarding with thousands of cheesy ads promoting Cell-tech and Nitrotech. In the end, On, the silent brand, became the choice of the majority for economic reasons combined with good quality.

I always liked ON. AST also looks promising, but I have only tried dymetadrine extreme back in college

The first thing I'll ask is how are your eating habits?? Even if you take these fat burners, if your have poor eating habits, you still won't lose the fat

Dunno if this is off-topic but I tried beta alanine for the first time earlier and liked it. Muscles gave out when fatigued but I didn't experience the "burning" sensation that normally accompanies a high rep workout. At this point I can't say if it'll really allow you to crank out the extra reps ... but if the reps are limited by the lactic acid build-up ... then it seems to be very helpful.

Dunno if this is off-topic but I tried beta alanine for the first time earlier and liked it. Muscles gave out when fatigued but I didn't experience the "burning" sensation that normally accompanies a high rep workout. At this point I can't say if it'll really allow you to crank out the extra reps ... but if the reps are limited by the lactic acid build-up ... then it seems to be very helpful.

BA is actually one of the most under-rated supplements in the market today.

I always have a serving ready for my volume or RE days and it never fails me :)

BA is actually one of the most under-rated supplements in the market today.

I always have a serving ready for my volume or RE days and it never fails me :)

Cool. :) Am not really into supplements (except for the 1 scoop of Whey post-lifting) since I don't think I am "advanced" enough to for them to be truly worthwhile - I've always thought of supps as something you use when you're already down to 12% BF and want a little boost to drop the extra percentage point or so. Hehehe. BUT ... I was really impressed with that small dose of beta alanine. Good stuff indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
i liked this thread.., it helps us on Wheying our Proteinions..,

is ON stands for Optimum Nutrition? Whey Gold? where is the best to buy? maganda ba sa Cash and Carry?

ON=Optimum Nutrition

Not unless you know the direct importers of ON, yes you can get it from cash and carry for a good deal.

Aside from Whey Gold, I also suggest you try ON's Nitrocore 24, Pro Complex, Cassein and Soy Protein.

ON=Optimum Nutrition

Not unless you know the direct importers of ON, yes you can get it from cash and carry for a good deal.

Aside from Whey Gold, I also suggest you try ON's Nitrocore 24, Pro Complex, Cassein and Soy Protein.

Thanks.

Cash and Carry ~ Anselka's store.

they also referred to me in Hobbies of Asia.

already purchased my ON Vanilla flavor and will be taking up preworkout today and post workout also at home..,

sayang nga lang i purchased @ 1500 sa Hobbies, akala ko kasi isa lang vendor ng supps dun, eh meron pa palang 2 more and un isang vendor they sell only 1300.., anyway ill purchased again dun na sa 1300 di na ako nanghinayang since i'll get the same ingredients..,

ON=Optimum Nutrition

sir,

which if better to drink after workout? ON Gold or Nitrocore? Im taking Gold immediately after working out. My buddy suggested I try Nitrocore instead because of its "time-released" property which will give me constant supply of protein 24hrs.

thanks in advance

stay strong,

devlin

Okay ba tribulus? Anong brand okay and where can i buy it?

Clinical studies have shown and proves that tribulus does indeed raise the body's testosterone levels. In theory, the more testosterone one has floating in his bloodstream, the more the potential there is more muscle gain and etc. However, the amount of testosterone gain along tribulus intake does not actually equate to significant gains in the gym. This is mostly true with other prohormone/protestosterone supplements.

In my opinion, tribulus is a great supplement for men aged 30 and above. Testosterone production in our bodies drop as we age. IMO, the only reasons aging men would turn to supplementing with prohormones like tribulus are:

1.) Most still consider this approach to be a "natural" way to increase/support healthy testosterone levels in the body &

2.) With healthy testosterone levels, along comes the feeling of well being (liveliness/vibrancy), sexual urges and supports various biological characteristics in men.

But for muscle growth and strength support... think again :rolleyes:

sir,

which if better to drink after workout? ON Gold or Nitrocore? Im taking Gold immediately after working out. My buddy suggested I try Nitrocore instead because of its "time-released" property which will give me constant supply of protein 24hrs.

thanks in advance

stay strong,

devlin

Stick with ON Gold after you workout. Nitrocore, not only contains "slower-digesting" protein blends, but also contain MCT (medium chain triglycerides) and fiber that promote a slower absorption rate. Yes, it's more fulfilling, creamier and tastes better but does not absorb as fast as ON's whey blend. IMO, Nitrocore, can be considered as a great drink/snack in between meals (breakfast/lunch/Dinner) to support daily protein requirements.