Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

im not a big fan of fancy creatine products... take good old creatine monohydrate powder instead...

wowow *giddy mode* where do you get your (plain/vanilla/unadulterated) creatine pare? that does sound a lot better than the fancy ones sold in GNC (and cheaper, I figure..)

are the products of Base6(a local firm) reliable?

they have creatine, whey, glutamine, etc.

I've tried crea10tech, wildberry, and it tasted better than anything i tried before (though spitz here doesnt seem too fond of non-plain creatine.) I am no med guy to accurately say it's no good though, but when i say it tastes nice, it really DOES taste nice :thumbsupsmiley:

bad ba steroids? :sick:

sa pagkakaalam ko, hindi considered supplement ang steroids

kaya nga they ban athletes who are using them di ba?

if u are regularly going to the gym and working out,

let me ask u a question...

do u do this to be healthy(primarily) and to look good?

if ur answer is yes, then by all means, DO NOT USE STEROIDS

kase what's the point of working out regulary and exercising

kung sisirain mo lang ang katawan mo sa steroids

in taking supplements, i prefer to go natural :thumbsupsmiley:

sa pagkakaalam ko, hindi considered supplement ang steroids

kaya nga they ban athletes who are using them di ba?

if u are regularly going to the gym and working out,

let me ask u a question...

do u do this to be healthy(primarily) and to look good?

if ur answer is yes, then by all means, DO NOT USE STEROIDS

kase what's the point of working out regulary and exercising

kung sisirain mo lang ang katawan mo sa steroids

in taking supplements, i prefer to go natural :thumbsupsmiley:

amen to that bro...work out to be healthy and at the same time to look good without taking in "destructive" supplements...

wowow *giddy mode* where do you get your (plain/vanilla/unadulterated) creatine pare? that does sound a lot better than the fancy ones sold in GNC (and cheaper, I figure..)

I've tried crea10tech, wildberry, and it tasted better than anything i tried before (though spitz here doesnt seem too fond of non-plain creatine.) I am no med guy to accurately say it's no good though, but when i say it tastes nice, it really DOES taste nice  :thumbsupsmiley:

plain means unflavored... i get mine either sa GNC or yung sports nutrition international na 100-gram bottles (common yan)... be sure to check the ingredients list... it must contain nothing else, dapat creatine monohydrate lang

plain means unflavored... i get mine either sa GNC or yung sports nutrition international na 100-gram bottles (common yan)... be sure to check the ingredients list... it must contain nothing else, dapat creatine monohydrate lang

Honestly I, err, havent seen/noticed those..bawal ba mag-mention ng brand names dito sa forum/ what does the bottle look like

i just re-read that post, uhm, i meant vanilla = plain, not vanilla = the flavor. hence, vanilla/plain/unadulterated/pure. err, yes :lol:
bad ba steroids? :sick:

Check out this link to a page where I made a previous post regarding the side effects of steroids.

hint-of-lime post july 22, 2005 (just read down a bit)

Steroids are banned for a reason. If you are a health buff and you work out to stay fit, you definitely should stay away from it. If you just work-out for mere body-building and have no concern at all for your health, well then, that's another thing... :goatee:

Check out this link to a page where I made a previous post regarding the side effects of steroids.

hint-of-lime post july 22, 2005 (just read down a bit)

Steroids are banned for a reason.  If you are a health buff and you work out to stay fit, you definitely should stay away from it.  If you just work-out for mere body-building and have no concern at all for your health, well then, that's another thing... :goatee:

Newbie lang ako sa thread na 2, makikisali na din.

Steroids can easily increase your muscles in just a matter of months but dont forget that your "HEART" is all also considered as a muscle! Oral steroids - can affect your liver.

Marami naman dyan na safe suppliment like

creatine, chromium picolinate, etc.

If you want to loose much fat in a month then try nyo hydroxycut - super effective skin. Burned 15 pounds in two months - side effect : kahit naka upo lang ako sa jip pauwi pinapawisan pa din ako even in the office! But still listen to your body if the right product is "hiyang" for you.

Hydroxycut nga pa la has 3 kinds of caffeine so when you take this dont drink coffee and buy the new one na no ephedra! Ephedra is one ingridient for making shabu! Kaya iwasan nyo yung lumang hydroxy!

Additional tips!

When taking creatine dont drink any drinks na may citric acid like juice kasi yung creatine will turn to creatinine - in other words garbage! Useless sa katawan!

creatine nga pala increases water in the muscles kaya medyo buffy ang produkto nya kaya you need to exert some effort to gain cuts in your muscles!

Sana naka tulong!

When taking creatine dont forget the loading phase and maintaining phase kasi magiging useless ang iniinom nyo!

BEST creatine for me from experience - ANC ang tatak. Anyway it still depends on how many grams they actually add to there product.

Creatine will increase your muscles water retention so you also need to increase your water intake!

Stay cool guys, stay healthy!

Honestly I, err, havent seen/noticed those..bawal ba mag-mention ng brand names dito sa forum/ what does the bottle look like

the brand is SPORTS NUTRITION INTERNATIONAL... u can google it, comes in 100-g white bottles

as for roids, dont believe all the crap on it... used wisely, steroids have lots of health benefits... in fact, roids are often used for therapy (hypogonadotropism, spina bifina, asthma, other congenital defects)

If you want to loose much fat in a month then try nyo hydroxycut - super effective skin. Burned 15 pounds in two months -
dude i was on xenadrine for 2 weeks, and I lost 14 lbs - (155 > 141) no s**t! i didnt believe it myself until i got myself weighed during an annual checkup. don't believe me? tell me if i need to provide a transaction number. check's done here in borough in libis

yeah i know 14 lbs in 2 wks is scary. dangerous, not to mention :D im still alive tho

dude i was on xenadrine for 2 weeks, and I lost 14 lbs - (155 > 141) no s**t! i didnt believe it myself until i got myself weighed during an annual checkup. don't believe me? tell me if i need to provide a transaction number. check's done here in borough in libis

yeah i know 14 lbs in 2 wks is scary. dangerous, not to mention  :D im still alive tho

Then thats good, in my case i have some eating problems. My friend also uses xenadrine and lost 5lbs. in a month kasi umiinom sya every week ng beer even ur using other brands it will depend on daily activities.

Anyway ill try xenadrine lets see what happens.

gud pm mga repapeeps....ano klase xenadrine iniinom mo...efx ba or nrg?

may side effects ba yang xenadrine? d ba ban na sa US of A yan?....tnx brow..peace :blink:

banned? i dun think so;i use the NRG type; again, i can't stress this enough; it was not like i took xenadrine and lost the weight flatly; i do eat clean (no fried food/highly processed meat), had very little carbs during the duration of the X cycle (1 month/30 days/60 servings), and was going to the gym 3x/wk, so i'm guessing anyone wanting to lose that much weight should have the discipline to do the same

then again, 14lbs off that quick is dangerous, never take X thinking "if it worked for KWOL, it should work for me" that's a very iffy proposition :lol:

the brand is SPORTS NUTRITION INTERNATIONAL... u can google it, comes in 100-g white bottles

as for roids, dont believe all the crap on it... used wisely, steroids have lots of health benefits... in fact, roids are often used for therapy (hypogonadotropism, spina bifina, asthma, other congenital defects)

Let me clarify that a bit. Steroids are used medically only as a last resort to medical therapy should other modes of therapy fail. This is especially true of steroids which are taken systemically (e.g. ingesting a tablet of the drug) because taken in such a way, the effects are felt in all organs of the body. An exception is topical steroids (e.g. cream) used quite frequently in dermatology, because the effects are felt only in the area where the cream is applied. Another is in asthma - steroids are usually used in the form of an inhaler so that the effects would be felt only in the respiratory system - how ever, its use is indicated only in the severe stages of asthma, also because of its potential sideeffects. Hypogonadotropism is a very complex disease and with any number of causes. By definition, it means that the sexual organs are underdeveloped. The treatment is aimed at medically inducing development and thus virility and fertility in the patient. The complexity of the disease is one reason why the treatment is also very complex and involves the use of gonadotropins and testosterone substitutes. Anabolic steroids like those used for muscle mass enhancement are definitely not indicated because these have been linked to infertility which is not the endpoint wanted in this disease. Sex steroids, on the other hand, such as testosterone and estradiol are currently part of the treatment regimen, though with variable success. Steroids are not used for the treatment of specific congenital defects such as spina bifida, but for the complications arising from the defect. In spina bifida, for example, may used whenever spinal cord compression (e.g. naiipit ng buto yung spinal cord), particularly if the compression is sudden or acute, is detected to decrease the inflammation at the area of compression (steroids being strongly anti-inflammatory). However, surgical treatment is the definitive treatment for the problem. A congenital abnormality that leads to adrenal insufficiency is another indication for steroids but the patients more often than not end up with a problem called Cushing's syndrome which is a medically documented steroid side effect. Steroids are also used in transplant patients to decrease the rejection-rate of the organ - but again, more often than not, Cushing's syndrome is involved. As for anti-inflammatory properties, the reason why NSAIDs (non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs) have been developed is to provide a safe substitute for patients who have problems with inflammation and the severity of whose disease does not warrant the use of systemic steroids. Even these NSAIDs have side-effects of their own, though usually easily managed relative to those exhibited by steroids. So my friends, my 2 cents for the day? Steroids are serious drugs taken only for serious diseases and monitored closely by a doctor. Taken on its own, it provides no health benefit. Sure you build up muscles fast, but at the risk of what? You look good at the peak of your life then at 30-40 years old, you get hip pain and your doctor tells you you have avascular necrosis of the hip for which you need a hip replacement (papalitan ng bakal ang balakang), a surgery which costs in the hundred of thousands of pesos. Or a person can't figure out why he and his wife can't have a baby - the doctor says the sperm count is really low because his testicles have atrophied. These are only a few of the many documented problems with steroids! This is why in the field of medicine, systemic steroids are always a last resort!

Peace my friends! I don't mean to antagonize anyone, it's just that I feel obligated to share my knowledge on medical matters as serious as this. Like I always tell my patients, they are the masters of their bodies and have the option not to follow a single word I have told them, but so long as they know the risks involved, so choose wisely! :)

Share niyo naman ang workout supplements niyo... Amino acid Doesnt work for me! They say Combination of creatine and whey protein works better and show positive results in weeks... How many grams per serving shall I take?

what most people do is 1.5-2 g of creatine per lb of body weight, depending on you tolerance, etc., and cycling it on/off for 1-2 week periods. I never attempted cycling, as I take it primarily for the kick and performance gains you get 30-60 mins after taking it (makes me lift 50% more at best! could be psychological tho :goatee: )

uh, to rub it in even more, 'bout 2 mos ago i tried xenadrine nrg and lost 14 lbs in 2 wks (I didnt notice any physical changes, but that's just me, baka anorexic lang ako :lol: ).. i'm not exactly chub, just in the midsec area :( stubborn eh may flabs pa din. so starting next wk on my cutting cycle i'll try hydrox

Ako naman amino ang iniinom ko amino 12000 before and after workout. 1 week lang inom ko nun kasi natakot ako na baka pag makatigil ako sa pag woworkout bigla nalang babagsak ang mascle ko, so til now hindi na ako nagtitake ng amino but i have a doctor friend at niyaya nya ako kung gusto ko ba daw ang steroids kasi mabilis daw magpalaki ng muscle, at yon ang ginagamit ng mga celibrety ngayon.

if i were u, i wudnt do that  :blink:

5 grams cguro.. di milligrams

sorry. typo. yup, it should be 5 gms instead of 5 mgs.

@batabatuta: tingin ko wala. kasi yung hydroxycut naman is a fat burner and creatine is a muscle builder. although may limitations ang hydroxycut na dapat may kasamang diet diba? pag sinabayan mo ng diet, naturally, hindi ka makakabuhat ng mabigat, which contradicts the effect of creatine.

@actionguy: hirap steroids pre... maganda nga kaha mo ngayon, pagtagal tagal ka naman sisingilin.