Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

• 2 weeks later...

The supplements you take depends on your goals.

Since generally everyone wants to gains muscle and lose fat. I suggest blended proteins. These are the ones that have Whey, Soy/Egg protein and Cassein. You'll have fast, medium and slow digesting protein respectively. For fat loss, those with L-carnitine and green tea extract will do the trick. Fish oil can help too.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried robust, just one tablet. It works for me but not after two hours as advertised. It was more like 5 or 6 hours later. It still works the next day. The thought of sex gives me an erection.

And I got a headache which was on and off for three days. And a weird sensation of heat within with some palpitation. I don't like the feeling, which takes time to wear off.

I wonder what two tablets would do for me. Maybe I won't be able to hold down my erection. But also maybe my headache would be unbearable.

The ingredients are Epimedium Extract, L-Arginine, Songaria Cynomorium, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid that are known for its sexual performance enhancing. Also with Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng, Cnidium Monnier, Dansheng, Root Extract and Dahurian Angelica Root Extract.

I wonder which of these ingredients causes the headache and what would be a good alternative food supplement.

• 3 weeks later...

I take health supplements not because I need it, but as a prevention. My mom was a health buff before and never took any supplement, only now did she take the toll because of it. She breast cancer, and only realize that its better to have prevention than a cure. Now my whole family is taking supplements, USANA to be exact as its the best of the best in the market, it helped my mom in her chemo. Now its going to prevent anything wrong happening to my family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you're a guy and you're a hard gainer, then MASS Gaining supplements are a must. If you're somewhere in between between a hard gainer and a fast gainer, protein would be enough. This is basically food or fuel for your tired muscles. Best time to drink protein is after work out.

If you're tired from work, PWO (Pre workout supplements is another must) It has caffeine and substancr to make your muscles last longer and enhance what they call "mind-muscle connection." Best time to drink is before work out. It is a PRE workout supplement.

If you can drink lots of water consistently then creatine will make you stronger and retain water which is good for off season or bulking season.

BCAA or Branched Amino Acids is another that helps with your recovery after workouts. Beginners will have muscle pains after a few sessions of workouts. (Ps. This is good. The only way for your muscles is to break apart and grow from working out)

Lastly and most important, WATER ANR SLEEP.

1. Mass or Protein

2. PWO (Unnecessary if you aint tired and naturally atheletic)

3. BCAA

4. Creatine

If you cant afford any, eggs will be fine.

You can also check bodybuilding.com for detailed informations. And if you want to know if this is credible, my BP is 280lbs/4 reps w/o spotter. I'm 5-7. 65 kgs. So you can say I'm fairly strong. Thus, I'm credible as far as amateurs goes. :) Go break some PRs!

• 1 month later...