All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

well yes, depende sa shoes... most of the time i just pull the laces on tighter... im a big fan of the VC 1 tho, coz nka-zipper xa... and it feels really good on my feet...

yung VC 3 mejo bad trip, whenever im required to play all 40 mins of a game, sumasakit ang balls ng feet ko... im probably gonna buy le bron's shoes or something next time around, something light and comfy... right now im really having fun with the running game (ala suns) and since im no steve nash, id like something light enuf to run with.. any suggestions? i dunno if i shud buy something with zoom air tho, coz im way too heavy for that......

You can buy LeBron 2's w/c are on sale at 30% discount right now. The cushioning uses Zoom Air Max w/c in only available on the LeBron 2. If it's not your type you can buy the Air Force Max Operate w/c most of the posters here also want. That's a big guys shoe. Or maybe you can try buying And1's 2Chi & Chosen One w/c sells for less than 2K in the And 1 Clearance Store in Greenbelt 1.

well yes, depende sa shoes... most of the time i just pull the laces on tighter... im a big fan of the VC 1 tho, coz nka-zipper xa... and it feels really good on my feet...

yung VC 3 mejo bad trip, whenever im required to play all 40 mins of a game, sumasakit ang balls ng feet ko... im probably gonna buy le bron's shoes or something next time around, something light and comfy... right now im really having fun with the running game (ala suns) and since im no steve nash, id like something light enuf to run with.. any suggestions? i dunno if i shud buy something with zoom air tho, coz im way too heavy for that......

Yo spitzky, Im also a bit on the heavy side. Im presently around 190 pounds ( gained about 15 to 20 pounds late last year after I got sick...oh well...) So far the zoom drive I'm using feels just fine on my feet. It's a bit hard to find though ( same shoe that steve nash is rocking right now.) He's about 6'3" and 200 pounds. So you two should be around the same weight, my friend told me there was still a size 14 at sports haven over at club 650 selling at 2,800. Another option you might like is the air max sensation with max air at the heel, very stable and light because of the big TPU mid and heel support. I saw an all black and a white/black combination at why pay more over at shaw blvd. Around 2,800 rin ata. So maybe you can check out which one fits you better.

Yo spitzky, Im also a bit on the heavy side. Im presently around 190 pounds ( gained about 15 to 20 pounds late last year after I got sick...oh well...) So far the zoom drive I'm using feels just fine on my feet. It's a bit hard to find though ( same shoe that steve nash is rocking right now.) He's about 6'3" and 200 pounds. So you two should be around the same weight, my friend told me there was still a size 14 at sports haven over at club 650 selling at 2,800. Another option you might like is the air max sensation with max air at the heel, very stable and light because of the big TPU mid and heel support. I saw an all black and a white/black combination at why pay more over at shaw blvd. Around 2,800 rin ata. So maybe you can check out which one fits you better.

post-45917-1117074571.jpg

post-45917-1117074606.jpg

im on the heavy side rin.. weight ko is naglalaro sa 180-190lbs... so far sa lahat na technology ng nike na nasubukan ko.. i liked the zoom air the most.... yung aj xviii ko which uses double stacked zoom air ko is the most responsive of them all.. feel na feel mo yung air cushion while walking.... but im no fan of really soft soles e.. kasi i kinda my arch and the bottom of my feet gets sore kapag sobrang malambot... ive tried shox for playing hoops.. and my fave was the shox of the trainers... not the basketball ones...i have nike shox bb4.. and kahit anong gamit ko.. medyo masakit parin feet ko pagkatapos... when i switched to nike shox xt for balling yun na.. it was a bit low cut, and the traction was kinda not good.. (wala kasing grooves sa ibaba yun since XT shoes nga).. eversince then, ive been balling na sa lows.... ok naman..

ive used lbj2 low for balling and so far, ok naman ang cushioning nya.. max zoom air daw gamit dito.. meaning mas malaki siguro ang zoom air unit sa heel...but ive read from other shoe forums na nawawala daw ang responsiveness ng cushioning ng lbj2 after a few times of balling... (i dunno with the lows.. sana hindi sya ganon, pero i doubt).. but i hope not naman, coz im switching between 4 shoes right now when balling... kelangan ko nga bumili na ng isa pang black shoe for dark uniform e, wala akong makitang gusto ko.. ajxx sana e, kaya lang ubos na ang stocks and baka ma tempt pa ako hiwain yung strap pag nabili ko,para lang magmukang low and exclusive.. but then again.. thats 8k to play with a shoe..

if you play a running game nothing beats air zoom drive...mukang tight na tight nga sya sa paa e.. and mukang maganda ang traction and its a bit low.. but if youre concerned with injuries sa ankles... the best way is to tape your ankles...

Here's another option that you might like if zoom air is the kind of responsiveness that you want for your cushioning. The air ultraflight is one shoe you might like.It came out a few seasons ago.. It had zoom air with an extra stack of zoom air at the heel for those players on the heavy side. really stable too with good fit because of the thermo plastic chasis it has and stretchable inner fit sleeve. Had one in storage for sometime now, got it really cheap. Dont know how come not many players are wearing them here, unlike the respose I see when I visit nike talk. Prof K gave it a very good review thats why I went out to get one. Try looking for it, there might be one available yet. Good luck.

post-45917-1117145950.jpg

Here's another option that you might like if zoom air is the kind of responsiveness that you want for your cushioning. The air ultraflight is one shoe you might like.It came out a few seasons ago.. It had zoom air  with an extra stack of zoom air at the heel for those players on the heavy side. really stable too with good fit because of the thermo plastic chasis it has and stretchable inner fit sleeve. Had one in storage for sometime now, got it really cheap. Dont know how come not many players are wearing them here, unlike the respose I see when I visit nike talk. Prof K gave it a very good review thats why I went out to get one. Try looking for it, there might be one available yet. Good luck.

That shoe is so narrow for those w/ wide feet. Filipino feet is a bit on the wide side. I tried to buy one when it went on sale at P2,500.00 and there is a size 12 available but unfortunately it's so narrow & I can feel the plastic chassis pinching the sides of my feet w/c might cause some abrasions on my skin later.

I've also tried also all the Nike technologies. Yung favorite ko pa rin sa lahat ay Air Max since my game mostly involves posting-up. Zoom Air is so unforgiving for me & as Spitzky have said, para kang naglalarong nakapaa. But I've never tried wearing a shoe w/ stacked Zoom Air. I had the LBJ 2 & the Zoom Max cushioning is still fine for me. It's one of my favorite shoes right now & my only problem w/ the shoe is traction. I have to clean the soles whenever I have to play in wooden courts. Regarding Shox, I've never tried one so I'll just leave it to you guys.

Outside of Nike Shoes, my favorite one are And1's. I have the KG2 & 2Chi & the heel cushioning is comparable to that of Nikes. Adidas has a tendency to bottom out on me after coming down from a big jump. I'm also thinking of buying old school Avia's right now just for streetballing on the blacktop. Not much technology on it but it got a high rating on Prof K.'s site.

kakamiss ang kicksology.net no?? too bad tinamand na si prof K... it was the best site for shoeheads!

Kaya niya shinutdown yung site kasi naging writer na siya sa Sole Collector. Di siya tinamad. Parang he just created that website as a form of gaining credibility in the shoe industry. Sa Sole Collector ang dami niyang reviews. Too bad that magazine is not available here in the Philippines. Yung binibili ko lang na mag ay Slam w/c has lots of nice shoe photos. May alam na ba kayong gumawa ng site ng katulad ng kanya?

I'll be cleaning my Adidas Promodel to prepare it for gluing of the midsole w/ the outsole. Then I'll be buying Shoe Goo tomorrow. I will use a metal spatula for application to minimize residues. Hope it will turn out ok. Will post pics later.

Interesting Doc Love regarding your views on the Zoom ultraflight. Guess I'm one of those people who has narrow feet thats why the narrowness of the plastic chasis doesn't bother me. But you know, most black people have wide feet too, thats why I ask a team mate of mine who also wears the ultraflight and he told me that the shoe started out a bit tight, but it later conformed to the shape his feet. That made it even better when playing because the foot doesn't move around because of the customize fit. I haven't tried mine on the hard wood yet so the shoe is still in it's original shape. If you have read Prof K review before of the nike foamposite, its also one of those technology that when body heat coming out from our feet after playing for a couple of hours soften the foamposite compound of the shoe which make it to conform to the shape of your feet. I think this same principle applies to the ultraflight. Well enough talk.. I'll let you guys know nalang when I get to test run it in one of our games. :cool:

I've also tried also all the Nike technologies. Yung favorite ko pa rin sa lahat ay Air Max since my game mostly involves posting-up. Zoom Air is so unforgiving for me & as Spitzky have said, para kang naglalarong nakapaa. But I've never tried wearing a shoe w/ stacked Zoom Air. I had the LBJ 2 & the Zoom Max cushioning is still fine for me. It's one of my favorite shoes right now & my only problem w/ the shoe is traction. I have to clean the soles whenever I have to play in wooden courts. Regarding Shox, I've never tried one so I'll just leave it to you guys.

Outside of Nike Shoes, my favorite one are And1's. I have the KG2 & 2Chi & the heel cushioning is comparable to that of Nikes. Adidas has a tendency to bottom out on me after coming down from a big jump. I'm also thinking of buying old school Avia's right now just for streetballing on the blacktop. Not much technology on it but it got a high rating on Prof K.'s site.

As like all shoe head, I try to gat a feel on all types of brand and technology, but lately its all only been Nike and addidas and some times and1. My favorite is Nike because it offers so many technology for us to choose, I've already tried them all, from your standard air cushioning to air max, zoom air, shox and lately double stack zoom ( although the ones I tried has double stack only on the heel and not the same as the ones you have on your lebron 2 which goes all the way to the fore foot.) But I read some where in Nike talk that the responsiveness on the double stack zoom started out very good but later starts to dissapear, let us know doc how your lebrons hold up.

Regarding Avia, Its a well built shoe for balling. Its one of those shoe to actually have mechanical cushioning technology on the heel. What I mean is the shape of the outsole beneath the heel is shape some how to lessen the impact when experiencing hard landing after taking off for a layup or rebound and it actually springs back to its original shape. Just look at And I, they almost have the same technology but it went even further by adding 2 air pods to regulate pronation which makes the shoe very stable. But all of that was started by Avia. I had a pair back in the early 90's, I forgot which model but if you seen the early stage of the career of Clyde Drexler and Scottie Pippen, they were wearing these white low cut Avia with the clear rubber outsole ( Its not the Avia 830 or 825 that are available in the market here) now these were great basketball shoe. I never experience ankle sprain even when I was playing in them on the aspalt floor. They just really felt good on my feet ( now I was in my early 20's then, I'm not so sure how my feet and knees will feel if play in them now...haha) But if that particular shoe ever get to Manila again. I'm definitely getting one, it's great for chillin too.

post-45917-1117239756.gif

One last thing guys before I go. It's nice to know that other shoe brand has been discuss in this forum aside from Nike and addidas. What I wanted to know is, has any of you guys played in converse ( the models Dwane Wade has been wearing, the one with the icon technology) wonder how they feel? Been planning to get hold on a pair but they never seem to go on sale. Sayang naman if you get a 4 thousand plus shoe and the technology doesn't stand up to your expectation right. Prof K reviewed the weapon but that shoe doesn't have any technology in it, and they are not even selling the laker color way here in Manila that Magic Johnson made famous off. Any one out there let us know your imput nalang ok. Thanks. Hey is it just me or does this colorway of the weapon looks cool.

One last thing guys before I go. It's nice to know that other shoe brand has been discuss in this forum aside from Nike and addidas. What I wanted to know is, has any of you guys played in converse ( the models Dwane Wade has been wearing, the one with the icon technology) wonder how they feel? Been planning to get hold on a pair but they never seem to go on sale. Sayang naman if you get a 4 thousand plus shoe and the technology doesn't stand up to your expectation right. Prof K reviewed the weapon but that shoe doesn't have any technology in it, and they are not even selling the laker color way here in Manila that Magic Johnson made famous off. Any one out there let us know your imput nalang ok. Thanks. Hey is it just me or does this colorway of the weapon looks cool.

post-45917-1117240603.jpg

post-45917-1117240617.jpg

post-45917-1117240658.jpg

Interesting Doc Love regarding your views on the Zoom ultraflight. Guess I'm one of those people who has narrow feet thats why the narrowness of the plastic chasis doesn't bother me. But you know, most black people have wide feet too, thats why I ask a team mate of mine who also wears the ultraflight and he told me that the shoe started out a bit tight, but it later conformed to the shape his feet. That made it even better when playing because the foot doesn't move around because of the customize fit. I haven't tried mine on the hard wood yet so the shoe is still in it's original shape. If you have read Prof K review before of the nike foamposite, its also one of those technology that when body heat coming out from our feet after playing for a couple of hours soften the foamposite compound of the shoe which make it to conform to the shape of your feet. I think this same principle applies to the ultraflight. Well enough talk.. I'll let you guys know nalang when I get to test run it in one of our games. :cool:

Sayang kung ganyan pala yung plastic chassis niya. When I saw the shoe, I assumed that the plastic that was used was of the hard kind that's why I tought I was unmoldable to the feet size.

Hey doc , is this the particular color way that you were planning to get. Nice shoe hope they get to be on sale soon. :cool:

That's the colorway I'm planning to get but I'll buy the high top version. I saw it on SM & the salesguy I talked to told me that Avia still has no plans of putting those models on sale since they are hot sellers. They're maximizing their profits. The high tops sells for less than 3K so it's still a good buy & they're using genuine leather for the uppers so the shoe is also durable.

I've never used yet a Converse w/ the Icon technology. The models I've used during college used the React technology. Yan yung may yellow gel dun sa heel area. Larry Johnson's signature shoe was also recently reissued & I've seen it in SM Makati. That one also has React technology.

The Converse Weapon for me is overpriced. That's an almost 4K shoe w/ no technology. The Avia's are better in my opinion. I've seen an Avia in the Lakers colorway in SM & it's really nice.

Here's what happened to my Adidas Promodel. You can also see the Torsion bar inside. I'll buy Shoe Goo tomorrow to patch it up. When Prof K. reviewed this shoe, he said that the interface between the outsole & midsole came off & it caused him distraction when playing & fortunately for him, the outsole didn't came off. That's one of the reasons he gave this shoe a low rating. I just like this shoe for balling due to its excellent fit & traction.

post-21285-1117243832.jpg

Here's what happened to my Nike Presto World after 3 years of wearing. I'm still wearing this up to now since it super light & cushioning is really good. The inner of the shoe is still OK. My only gripe is the material Nike used for the upper & this is an expensive shoe. This cost me almost 5K & I never bought this on sale since it immediately sold out in stores.

post-21285-1117244265.jpg

post-21285-1117244310.jpg

post-21285-1117244344.jpg