Guys, where are the corkage-friendly restaurants? That is, they don't charge anything for bringing in 1 or more bottles of wine.

If it is just the corkage that is a problem, I know the owners of L'Opera at the Fort and Balducci's at Serendra (same people). I already get a discount there. They encourage wine clubs to use them for their meeting venue. If they don't give us free corkage, I volunteer to take care of it (as I am sure there will be a discount anyway)--this will be at the Barolo wine bar next door to Balducci. I'll bring a bottle of Brunello di Montalcino.

Try to schedule it on a weekday. Wed or thursday.

Guys, where are the corkage-friendly restaurants? That is, they don't charge anything for bringing in 1 or more bottles of wine.

You want corkage friendly? It's all been arranged. Balducci at Serendra has agreed to host our wine tasting EB with the following offer:

1. Free corkage

2. The will provide one free bottle from their stock (and this will definitely not be the cheapest on their wine list)

3. We get a discount for wine purchased

4. We get a discount on the food.

Food prices are not bad unless you want to go high end like goose liver paté and angus beef. The pastas and pizzas are between P200 and P300 even for their quatro formaggi (4 cheeses) pizza.

Of course I will bring a bottle too.

This is a standing offer to the group. All we have to do is to inform them of a time. We will be allowed to use their cozy mezzanine dining area.

O, schedule nyo na!

I got this from my Canadian Club e-group. Might be of interest to any of you... tnx.

Australian and New Zealand Association of Manila (ANZA)

http://www.anzamanila.org

WINE AND CHEESE NIGHT

Date: 18 May 2007 - Friday

Venue: ˜Top of the Citi, Makati

Come and try some of the best wine, finest cheeses and friendliest

company

in Manila.

Tickets P1,500, sales close Monday 14 May 2007. Numbers are LIMITED so

reserve your tickets now!

Contact Details:

Celina Maxwell - 0917 892 1028 / celinamaxwell@hotmail.com

Lindy Braithwaite - 0926 690 1079 / braithwaites.abroad@gmail.com

You want corkage friendly? It's all been arranged. Balducci at Serendra has agreed to host our wine tasting EB with the following offer:

1. Free corkage

2. The will provide one free bottle from their stock (and this will definitely not be the cheapest on their wine list)

3. We get a discount for wine purchased

4. We get a discount on the food.

Food prices are not bad unless you want to go high end like goose liver paté and angus beef. The pastas and pizzas are between P200 and P300 even for their quatro formaggi (4 cheeses) pizza.

Of course I will bring a bottle too.

This is a standing offer to the group. All we have to do is to inform them of a time. We will be allowed to use their cozy mezzanine dining area.

O, schedule nyo na!

WOW, count me in! Do we call ourselves the MTC Wine Club??

WOW, count me in! Do we call ourselves the MTC Wine Club??

MTC Wine Club has a nice ring to it. Lets invite Bizman.

I've done my part. I need tack time of two days to setup an EB at Balducci. To keep our part of the bargain, I will cover the food of the first four people who arrive (myself excluded). I will also pay for one bottle (in addition to a bottle I am bringing and the freebie from Balducci courtesy of its owners). Every time I dine there I gat sent up a bottle of Penforlds Thomas Hyland Cabernet Sauvignon and it was enjoyable even if I had to pay for it.

So, we will have at least three bottles to start... all reds unfortunately. That is why at least four guys have to be there. Titkman na lang ba natin ang mga ito? Di kaya sayang?

I'll be in Serendra on wednesday evening next week but I'll still go if you want to set an eb earlier than wednesday.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Pareng Boomouse, please pm your celfone number. Hindi masasayang ang wines. Kayang-kaya nina Bods and Masi iyan. :P

Alright guys, April 25 it is. 7 p.m. At Balducci in Serendra.

The reservation will be in the name of the MTC Wine Club.

We are set.

See you guys there.

pare this looks interesting. thanks!

jsut got back from out-of-town then straight to St. Luke's as my mother-n-law had another stroke.

Just don't know if I can make it to that EB...

It was great meeting you boomouse, storm! Thanks for hosting us, boomouse!

The food at Balducci was really excellent! Went very well with the Barbera d' Alba, the 1998 Chateau de Lamarque, and the 2004 Kilikanoon Cabernet Sauvignon.

I had a good time. Can't wait for another Wine EB.

It was a great time and sana maulit muli with the rest of the posters of this thread. Many thanks mga KaIsko Boomouse for hosting the eb (the food and the wines are superb) and Idunno for the Kilikanoon Cabernet Sauvignon that blended well with the rib eye.

Till the next eb. Cheers :thumbsupsmiley:

Pareng Boomouse, our MTC membership are only 12 days apart. We're Pioneers here bro. :goatee:

TRy reading the March 2006 edition of Readers Digest, entitled Grappling with the grape,it has a nice insight on being a wine savvy, right food and right wine, and almost everything you need to know about wines. Ill try to upload my copy.

thanks Boysbe, i opened my RD archive.. will read the article later...

btw, any of you guys been to Tinder Box in Cebu, check it out, the sell/serve fine wine... you can even drink inside their cellar and be served with diff kinds of cheese...

enjoy!