hi guys, i don't know if this is OT, bring out ko lang, there's this company - wine company where's the gm is leaving for the states, so the position is available. i can not recommend but obviously the criteria for the replacement/gm position must know about wines. anyone interested can pm for the details.

sayang ito - pero I'm still trying to enjoy my retirement :P

yes we did but as storm said - all-exploratory but we did cover substantial ground. I was under the impression that masi would e-mail you the results :P

ok we hope we can get together by that time - September is a nice month to open that bubbly :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm - no email from Masi yet. I'll keep an eye for it. September sounds good to you? OK. I'll work on that. Most of the typhoons should be past by then. I hope......

On my way to Beijing. From one wine desert to another.......oh, well. Into each life some rain must fall. Can't wait to get back to CA. Just got an email saying my next Coppola wine shipment is on its way!!!

Hmmmmm - no email from Masi yet. I'll keep an eye for it. September sounds good to you? OK. I'll work on that. Most of the typhoons should be past by then. I hope......

On my way to Beijing. From one wine desert to another.......oh, well. Into each life some rain must fall. Can't wait to get back to CA. Just got an email saying my next Coppola wine shipment is on its way!!!

masi's been a no-show - wonder what happened to him...but anyway have a safe trip and we all look forward to seeing you again, pare....

I'd like to share this beautiful wine quote. (Though I'm not that familiar with Italian wines) :P

Barolo is the Bach of wine....strong, supremely structured, a little forbidding, but absolutely fundamental. Barbaresco is the Beethoven, taking those qualities and lifting them to heights of subjective passion and pain....and Brunello is its Brahms, the softer, fuller, romantic afterglow of so much strenous excess. - Michael Dibdin, A Long Finish

I'd like to share this beautiful wine quote. (Though I'm not that familiar with Italian wines) :P

Barolo is the Bach of wine....strong, supremely structured, a little forbidding, but absolutely fundamental. Barbaresco is the Beethoven, taking those qualities and lifting them to heights of subjective passion and pain....and Brunello is its Brahms, the softer, fuller, romantic afterglow of so much strenous excess.  - Michael Dibdin, A Long Finish

Perfect description on Italian wines. Just wanted to share that I discovered this resto along EDSA between Taft Ave. and Roxas Blvd. called "Mama Tine". Excellent Italian wine selection and not too expensive. The food was pretty good as well. :thumbsupsmiley:

We had some exploratory discussions pero wala pang concrete results. Maybe some more rounds and the spirits will give us the go-go-go signal. :D

yes we did but as storm said - all-exploratory but we did cover substantial ground. I was under the impression that masi would e-mail you the results :P

ok we hope we can get together by that time - September is a nice month to open that bubbly :rolleyes:

masi's been a no-show  - wonder what happened to him...but anyway have a safe trip and we all look forward to seeing you again, pare....

Nasaan na ang mga wine masters?

present! :D

hey guys I just got an Australian shiraz (ho-hum) called Gossips. Bought it more for the intrigue and curiosity factor than anything else - besides which medyo mura :P  Still got to open it....btw it's screw-capped so medyo kabado ako...

SO SORRY if I've been out for so long. I've been very busy with office work. It all has to do with this restructuring that's taking place. My Jap principals have been barraging me with emails, phone calls and visits. Too much talk, too much paper!!!! :grr: September/October will be critical and milestone months. These would be the time we'll put everything to motion.

I can only backread a few pages. I tried getting onboard during office hours when work slackens abit but the board seems so full that I could hardly log in.

Can't do much after work which usually extends past dinner time and by the time I get home I'm completely wasted. :(

Keep in touch guys and don't keep those bottles too long! :lol:

Agxo, we still have the bottle of champagne chilling in my ref. :thumbsupsmiley:

hi guys, i don't know if this is OT, bring out ko lang, there's this company - wine company where's the gm is leaving for the states, so the position is available. i can not recommend but obviously the criteria for the replacement/gm position must know about wines. anyone interested can pm for the details.

this is quite interesting.... but it's a few months too early for me.

:thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:

pag sad ako kahit ano iinumin ko ahihihi

welcome to the wne bar, ladies!

do have a seat and over a glass of bubbly please do expound on your experiences - about wine :D

Perfect description on Italian wines.  Just wanted to share that I discovered this resto along EDSA between Taft Ave. and Roxas Blvd. called "Mama Tine".  Excellent Italian wine selection and not too expensive.  The food was pretty good as well.  :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks pare!

pareng masi, we got to try that place so that I can finally comprehend that quote I posted :D

tokiojoe, if you want to explore naman Spanish wines try Barcino's at the Driving Range complex at Julia Vargas - excellent!

SO SORRY if I've been out for so long.  I've been very busy with office work.  It all has to do with this restructuring that's taking place.  My Jap principals have been barraging me with emails, phone calls and visits.  Too much talk, too much paper!!!!    :grr: September/October will be critical and milestone months.  These would be the time we'll put everything to motion.

I can only backread a few pages.  I tried getting onboard during office hours when work slackens abit but the board seems so full that I could hardly log in.

Can't do much after work which usually extends past dinner time and by the time I get home I'm completely wasted. :(

Keep in touch guys and don't keep those bottles too long! :lol:

Agxo, we still have the bottle of champagne chilling in my ref. :thumbsupsmiley:

no problem pare - we understand.

If you do get a breather, get in touch with us and we'll sniff those wines again :P

I posted this quote on another thread but I guess it properly belongs here:

I'm not sure that Dom Perignon is three times as good as Moet, but I will swear that Yquem is three times better than, say, Rieussec. If drinking Sauternes in general is a little like reading Walter Pater on Leonardo da Vinci, drinking Yquem is like being Leonardo. :D

Jay McInerney

Bacchus & Me

Guest templar

Greetings to MTC's wine gods and goddesses .... congratulations on a great thread! :D

Just wanted to share (if it hasn't been mentioned here) that there's a new channel on Dream Satellite called Wine TV ...... it's very informative and covers both old and new world wines!

Cheers!

Perfect description on Italian wines.  Just wanted to share that I discovered this resto along EDSA between Taft Ave. and Roxas Blvd. called "Mama Tine".  Excellent Italian wine selection and not too expensive.  The food was pretty good as well.  :thumbsupsmiley:

I haven't been to this place but if you're into Italian wines you may want to try Galileo Enoteca in Calbayog, Mandaluyong City. This place has a great selection of cured meats, cheese and other deli items.

thanks pare!

pareng masi, we got to try that place so that I  can finally comprehend that quote I posted :D

tokiojoe, if you want to explore naman Spanish wines try Barcino's at the Driving Range complex at Julia Vargas - excellent!

Thanks Bods, have been to this place and excellent choices as well. Sayang Spanish wines dito sa Philippines, under rated. Spanish wineries such as Mas Gil, Vinos Conrad and The Sadie Family are already at par with old world wineries.