Mr. Agx03!  I was shy and restrained too till I wandered into this thread and made the lovely acquaintance of Bods and Masi. :rolleyes:

it is our honor to have you here.

in fact it warms my heart and everything else that you got the ball rolling, so to speak, by being the first poster here aside from me when the Thread started.

cheers!

care for some luscious verdelho?

Maraming naniniwala pare, kaya and daming sumusunod sa inyo kung saan man kayo nag po-post. :P

Haha might that battling of cheap wines be reflective too about women? :P

madaming sumusunod....hmmmm

could only be either the Vice Squad or the Morality Police :P

uhmmm...cheap wines...

sometimes I get so indiscriminate and sometimes my standards hit rock-bottom.

when you play in the muck, it's mostly dirt and mud, but sometimes, you stumble upon that solitary nugget......

in fact it warms my heart and everything else that you got the ball rolling, so to speak, by being the first poster here aside from me when the Thread started.

cheers!

Awwwwwww..........how sweet! :lol:

Lips, say hi to Cherry (whoever he/she turns out to be!) for me! And Mo, for that matter! :lol: :lol: Old, gold Johnny is probably more of my friend than Jack is right now. Then again, I had a Lagavullin Cask Strength last weekend that reminded me why single malts are just soooooooo nice. Peaty, smoky, smooth (after you cut it with water!) with a hint of the Scottish seashore.

Popped open the N-C Cask cab last night. As you recall, it was a '97. A bit tight when first cracked open, but given a chance to relax a bit, opened nicely. Fragrant, lucsious, in fact, smack-your-lips delicious! And yes, I'm talking about the wine. A bit of tannin holding everything together. Black cherries and black berries with a hint of cinnmon (? where'd THAT come from??)on the nose. Smooth as one might expect a '97 to be. I should have held this one for another couple of years, but no fear! I have another bottle hiding in my cellar.

I

Alas another rejection!  How many times does a dame need to get rejected to finally give up? :cry:  I have no heart to care for anymore.

AWARD!!!!! Hahahahahaha. 

Top of the morning Winos!

.....would a jamon jabugo that melts in your mouth be good enough as an award :P

yes, how many times would you reject our overtures for you to join us before our cup runneth over? :lol:

B) hold your horses lipstick... you were restrained and shy???? yeah  :wacko: right just!!! like the pope's name is mohammad!!!! :upside:

sinung sinusundan?  I am always amused to when a girls says "pare"!!!

before bods finally declares me OT,  it's friday .... what will you guys and gal, be popping tonight?  (i meant a cork)

no popping corks for me tonight as the bottle I have comes in a screw cap :boo:

First time I'll be having one without a cork - feels strange getting the liquid out without having to plunge and twist around hehehe....

It's a St. Hallet - another of those Barossa bruisers. It's called a Gamekeeper's Reserve and it is a curious mix of shiraz, grenache, mourvedre and touriga! whew! what's a touriga anyway?

cheers!

IKAW ... yes you ... you and BODS!  Sinusundan ng mga bebots! Wahehehehehehe I so hate that term!  Along with KELOTS. Nyarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  Well I have been trying to be on my best language behavior here as I don't want to offend anyone's fine sensibilities but hahaha I cuss a lot, say "pare" a lot  and like women a lot too! But I promise.... I'm all woman  :hypocritesmiley:

so where are they??!!! I wish..............

if the bebot you refer to is you, then we have it made :P

and, yes - winos don't have fine sensibilities. You must remember that our sensibility is as coarse as the ground where the vineyards grow....

:lol:  you really had to say it!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Mo, ha!!!!

Bods, sinusundan daw tayo?  Welll last time i looked around, i just saw my shadow!!!! 

Ravenswood and Yalumba, if my memory serves me well, Wine Depot carry those labels.  If your best buddy goes by the name Johnny, I might take you up on it, but, Jack?  Bods, care for an impromptu eb to cap the week?!!!

pare sayang, If I had read this earlier, I might have taken you up on your offer :P

I'm religious tonight - I'm taking on St. Hallet :hypocritesmiley:

Awwwwwww..........how sweet!  :lol:

Lips, say hi to Cherry (whoever he/she turns out to be!) for me! And Mo, for that matter!  :lol:  :lol: Old, gold Johnny is probably more of my friend than Jack is right now. Then again, I had a Lagavullin Cask Strength last weekend that reminded me why single malts are just soooooooo nice. Peaty, smoky, smooth (after you cut it with water!) with a hint of the Scottish seashore.

Popped open the N-C Cask cab last night. As you recall, it was a '97. A bit tight when first cracked open, but given a chance to relax a bit, opened nicely. Fragrant, lucsious, in fact, smack-your-lips delicious! And yes, I'm talking about the wine. A bit of tannin holding everything together. Black cherries and black berries with a hint of cinnmon (? where'd THAT come from??)on the nose. Smooth as one might expect a '97 to be. I should have held this one for another couple of years, but no fear! I have another bottle hiding in my cellar.

hahahahaha!

just trying to prune down our coarser sensibilities by trying to be gracious to a lady :P

I've always been interested in single-malts - your description reawakened my thirst for it. masi and me were in fact looking at some single-malts in the wine store.

pare, what would you recommend for a beginner like me. I know single-malts really come on strong - I want something that would not overwhelm me at first :P

pare I forgot na our flavor wheel - from what wine ba do you associate cinnamon?

hahahahaha!

just trying to prune down our coarser sensibilities by trying to be gracious to a lady :P

I've always been interested in single-malts - your description reawakened my thirst for it. masi and me were in fact looking at some single-malts in the wine store.

pare, what would you recommend for a beginner like me. I know single-malts really come on strong - I want something that would not overwhelm me at first :P

pare I forgot na our flavor wheel - from what wine ba do you associate cinnamon?

I don't really look for cinnamon in any wine, but I would not be surprised to note it in maybe a pinot noir, zin or syrah. Something with a spicy note to it, which cabs generally dont.

Single malts - lessee.....the more generally available ones like Glenfiddich or Glenmorangie also tend to be less intense. Lagavullin or Laphroig 12 year olds or older tend to develop more intense flavors and aromas. The Lagavullin Cask Strength I had was so intense and so alcoholic (at 160 proof,or 80% alcohol content) that it was specifically recommend that you cut it with distilled or purified water. Using amineral water is better than tap water, but the minerals may modify the flavors inherent in the scotch itself. Hence, distilled or purified water. the list of single malts is staggering! There was an article in a local paper not too long ago about it. If I haven't thrown that issue away yet, I'll scan and post it. Or maybe I'll go on the Web and pull down an archive article for you.

It's the July 4th weekend. A weekend of fun, frivolity, and fireworks. Friends coming over, meat burning on the grill and wine flowing like water. Can't wait!!!! It's almost 3 pm and I'm outta here!!!!

pare sayang, If I had read this earlier, I might have taken you up on your offer :P

I'm religious tonight - I'm taking on St. Hallet :hypocritesmiley:

no harm, no foul bods... i just decided to hit the driving range (not a bad idea since my body and mind were in synch to hit those battered golf balls far and straight). some friends drove over and talked about the propensities of gloria being overthrown or surviving it!!!! of course over a bottle of a 2001 Beau Mayne Bordeaux... old world. while others had coolers and the rest had beer.

i truly have a difficulty distinguishing old world wines perhaps by lack of experience or perhaps i'm truly monogamous to new world shiraz. :blush:

hahahahaha!

pare, you ought to try the single malts works hand-in-hand with a cigar. single malts open a new horizon of taste and flavors. just let me know when you want to, i'll oblige.

Gud day to u. Promised masi i would post. So the next WEB is on July7th? Sali ako dyan. Is Miss Lipstick, the unofficial muse of the wine thread, coming along?

You were able to buy the Jabugo? Mmmm that is a good ham. Wife brought one tiny piece from Spain, the lomo part. Was not too salty but had a distinct flavor. Really different from a Jamon Serrano or Italian Parma. It was gone in one sitting - courtesy of me. Somehow felt my cholesterol shoot up suddenly. Di bale, there was wine to stop an impending stroke.

BTW, does barcino have cheeses?

Gud day to u.  Promised masi i would post.  So the next WEB is on July7th?  Sali ako dyan.  Is Miss Lipstick, the unofficial muse of the wine thread, coming along? 

You were able to buy the Jabugo?  Mmmm that is a good ham.  Wife brought one tiny piece from Spain, the lomo part.  Was not too salty but had a distinct flavor.  Really different from a Jamon Serrano or Italian Parma. It was gone in one sitting - courtesy of me.  Somehow felt my cholesterol shoot up suddenly. Di bale, there was wine to stop an impending stroke. 

we'll have to find that out when we get there and choose the wine...we'll be expecting you there..

:lol:  you really had to say it!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Mo, ha!!!!

Bods, sinusundan daw tayo?  Welll last time i looked around, i just saw my shadow!!!! 

Ravenswood and Yalumba, if my memory serves me well, Wine Depot carry those labels.  If your best buddy goes by the name Johnny, I might take you up on it, but, Jack?  Bods, care for an impromptu eb to cap the week?!!!

Hehe. Hehe. Hehe. Wala lang natawa ako sa hirit na MO. :lol:

I love Jack because my father taught me how to drink it --- neat, straight up with a bottle of super dry! Totally redneck! :lol: And because I started drinking Jack before pareng Johnnie, I find the taste of Johnnie a little flat. Yes I love that sweet oaky, smoked taste of Jack dahil charcoal mellowed daw sya (hahaha whatever that means!).

When I have Johnnie tho it has to be a Black 7. I've got an officefriend (actually she reports to me) whom we call Johnnie'sBaby or ScotchGirl because she can drink heaps of that s**t! Mapapahiya ang lalaki sa lakas uminom ni ScotchGirl. :lol:

cheers!

Naks.... that truly deserves my patented AWARD!!!!!! :lol:

Actually I wanted to be the 1st to post in this thread but as I was typing eh naunahan ako ni CCL pare. I hate being 2nd best pa man din. :lol: Competitive eh. But seriously am so glad this thread is around -- it makes me feel not too distant from my late husband. He loved his wines, knew how to enjoy them and was always excitable when describing a drop. Reading how all of you enjoy wine is almost like reading him :)

Luscious does not come to mind when verdelho is mentioned --- I think refereshing, cool, citrusy. Been a while since I had a bottle. It would be good to have the color of tears for a change. :)

madaming sumusunod....hmmmm

could only be either the Vice Squad or the Morality Police :P

uhmmm...cheap wines...

sometimes I get so indiscriminate and sometimes my standards hit rock-bottom.

when you play in the muck, it's mostly dirt and mud, but sometimes, you stumble upon that solitary nugget......

More like the "spot refined hot gentlemen" squad! :lol: hehe.

Somehow when the word nugget is said by you Bods, it conjures up the most lurid of images for me. :rolleyes: I need to get my mind out of the gutter soon. :lol:

Awwwwwww..........how sweet!  :lol:

Lips, say hi to Cherry (whoever he/she turns out to be!) for me! And Mo, for that matter!  :lol:  :lol: Old, gold Johnny is probably more of my friend than Jack is right now. Then again, I had a Lagavullin Cask Strength last weekend that reminded me why single malts are just soooooooo nice. Peaty, smoky, smooth (after you cut it with water!) with a hint of the Scottish seashore.

Hehe Cherry did not show up and well Mo was indisposed. But Jack came to the rescue and ahhhh brought along a wonderful paramour. :boo:

I just started drinking single malts about a year ago and wow grabe sa lakas ng kick pare! I have shared many lovely nights with Glen --- both Fiddich and Livit. ;)

.....would a jamon jabugo that melts in your mouth be good enough as an award :P

yes, how many times would you reject our overtures for you to join us before our cup runneth over? :lol:

Hehe somehow I feel like if accepted that jamon jabugo award eh I would get into very big trouble. :lol:

I have never rejected any overtures! I have been the one evaded for such overtures. :P Besides the day the cup runneth over, well that would be the end of the world!!!! :lol:

Mga dudes, why don't you have the WEB sabay with the 36&Uppers get together? Para many birds with many stones?!?!?!!! :lol:

so where are they??!!! I wish..............

if the bebot you refer to is you, then we have it made :P

Konti na lang ... maniniwala na ako. :P

Gud day to u.  Promised masi i would post.  So the next WEB is on July7th?  Sali ako dyan.  Is Miss Lipstick, the unofficial muse of the wine thread, coming along?

Ola PinoyStrigoi! I cannot be a muse as I lack the fairness and beauty required of one. :rolleyes: What I am is the fat, haggish bar wench! :lol: That is why I have not attended a WEB for I wish not to impose such a ghastly sight upon the gentlemen and make them lose their tastebuds for the luscious wine before them. :hypocritesmiley:

Ok Bods, I am ready to accept my award now! :lol:

I just started drinking single malts about a year ago and wow grabe sa lakas ng kick pare!  I have shared many lovely nights with Glen --- both Fiddich and Livit. ;)

Mga dudes, why don't you have the WEB sabay with the 36&Uppers get together?  Para many birds with many stones?!?!?!!!  :lol:

you are really well informed about the pleasures of the world... hardly would i find a woman who venture into the unchartered domain of whisky and single malts...

as for the 36+ eb... i would prefer, though, that wine savvy have its own day. we've gone this far... a guy thing, you know..

I don't really look for cinnamon in any wine, but I would not be surprised to note it in maybe a pinot noir, zin or syrah. Something with a spicy note to it, which cabs generally dont.

Single malts - lessee.....the more generally available ones like Glenfiddich or Glenmorangie also tend to be less intense. Lagavullin or Laphroig 12 year olds or older tend to develop more intense flavors and aromas. The Lagavullin Cask Strength I had was so intense and so alcoholic (at 160 proof,or 80% alcohol content) that it was specifically recommend that you cut it with distilled or purified water. Using amineral water is better than tap water, but the minerals may modify the flavors inherent in the scotch itself. Hence, distilled or purified water. the list of single malts is staggering! There was an article in a local paper not too long ago about it. If I haven't thrown that issue away yet, I'll scan and post it. Or maybe I'll go on the Web and pull down an archive article for you.

It's the July 4th weekend. A weekend of fun, frivolity, and fireworks. Friends coming over, meat burning on the grill and wine flowing like water. Can't wait!!!! It's almost 3 pm and I'm outta here!!!!

maybe we should post again the flavors, pare, what do you think - I myself have forgotten most :P

yeah, pare, if you can find that article, kindly post it here. Thanks for the info - The Laphroig I've been hearing about and they say it's good.

wow pare! isama mo na lang kami sa celebrations nyo dyan :P Tilt a glass for us here, ok?

no harm, no foul bods... i just decided to hit the driving range (not a bad idea since my body and mind were in synch to hit those battered golf balls far and straight).  some friends drove over and talked about the propensities of  gloria being overthrown or surviving it!!!! of course over a  bottle of a 2001 Beau Mayne Bordeaux... old world.  while others had coolers and the rest had beer.

i truly have a difficulty distinguishing old world wines perhaps by lack of experience or perhaps i'm truly monogamous to new world shiraz. :blush:

Same here, pare - never had a decent exposure to the really good Old World stuff - but they're all good hehehe...

cheers!

You were able to buy the Jabugo?  Mmmm that is a good ham.  Wife brought one tiny piece from Spain, the lomo part.  Was not too salty but had a distinct flavor.  Really different from a Jamon Serrano or Italian Parma. It was gone in one sitting - courtesy of me.  Somehow felt my cholesterol shoot up suddenly. Di bale, there was wine to stop an impending stroke. 

they should have cheeses...

see you there!

:

Naks.... that truly deserves my patented AWARD!!!!!! :lol:

Actually I wanted to be the 1st to post in this thread but as I was typing eh naunahan ako ni CCL pare.  I hate being 2nd best pa man din. :lol:  Competitive eh.  But seriously am so glad this thread is around -- it makes me feel not too distant from my late husband.  He loved his wines, knew how to enjoy them and was always excitable when describing a drop.  Reading how all of you enjoy wine is almost like reading him :)

Luscious does not come to mind when verdelho is mentioned --- I think refereshing, cool, citrusy.  Been a while since I had a bottle.  It would be good to have the color of tears for a change. :)

More like the "spot refined hot gentlemen" squad! :lol: hehe.

Somehow when the word nugget is said by you Bods, it conjures up the most lurid of images for me. :rolleyes:  I need to get my mind out of the gutter soon. :lol:

ccl could have been quicker to the draw then, but you had a longer finish, as evidenced by your continued and distinguished presence here :rolleyes:

Thanks for complimenting us on the Thread - we do try to take care of it by being here everyday so it does not die out an unnatural cyber death and we try not to make the posts dry-as-dust by enlivening it if we can. :lol: >

Your husband is a kindred spirit - sayang we could have enjoyed each other's company. Not only is it like reading him when you read about us - it's like being trapped in a bad marriage with us when you are in this thread :blink:

I have lots of dry verdelho gathering dust in the house - maybe I should bring one. It's hard to resist saying luscious when you are in the same sentence hehehe.....walang basagan ng trip, as you say there in AA :P

Out of the gutter and into the muck for more nuggets! :lol:

What could be lurid about a nugget, I wonder? I think what's lurid is me dispensing nuggets of wisdom as that is so laughably improbable :P

cheers to a wonderful weekend!

I have never rejected any overtures!  I have been the one evaded for such overtures. :P  Besides the day the cup runneth over, well that would be the end of the world!!!! :lol:

Mga dudes, why don't you have the WEB sabay with the 36&Uppers get together?  Para many birds with many stones?!?!?!!!  :lol:

Konti na lang ... maniniwala na ako. :P

Ola PinoyStrigoi!  I cannot be a muse as I lack the fairness and beauty required of one. :rolleyes:  What I am is the fat, haggish bar wench! :lol:  That is why I have not attended a WEB for I wish not to impose such a ghastly sight upon the gentlemen and make them lose their tastebuds for the luscious wine before them.  :hypocritesmiley:

Ok Bods, I am ready to accept my award now! :lol:

I like that word - bar wench! Fat and haggish :P It conjures up images of sitting on the barstool, having had one drink too many, and propositioning the bar wench sitting next to you - who also happens to be the bartender's mother or worse, mother-in-law :sick:

your presence in the WEB would complete a rhapsodic evening for us :rolleyes:

now where's my award :P