Back To The 70's

Follow this link:  http://www.crimemagazine.com/sinatra.htm

Frankie is No.1!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:   

Pinoy, augustmoon usapan Frankie na 'to!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

I knew this was gonna may you ECSTATIC !!!!! :-) My Oh! My :) :) :)

I am trying to replicate your B_ _ _ _ _''s Chili Con Carne :cry: a poor copy, I must say. ...Ive been slaving it out in it out in the kitchen since 3 pm trying out new thingies for X'mas. Busog na naman si PS. :rolleyes:

Hindi kami CINEASTE ni Liberty... pero pag usapang PINOY 70's movies baka meron ma contribute... :blink:

Hi to All.. :)

ok, I don't know the answer to this, but what was the last film of Steve Mcqueen before he died?

His last movie was "The Hunter" where he played the part of a bounty hunter. SM fans...don't forget "Le Mans".

16track...do you prefer Part1 or Part 2? Oh yeah I remember that scene alright! Sleeping with the fishes! Grabe all-star cast ng Godfather no? Pacino, Cazale, Duval, Talia Shire, James Caan, Brando! I never liked Part 3 where Sofia Coppola, Andy Garcia and George Hamilton somehow didn't fit in. I recommend you buy the original boxed set pare, it's got a lot of great extras in it. My wife bought it for me a few Christmases ago. I especially love the commentaries section where Copolla narrates anecdotes, trivia and interesting facts for every scene played. And you won't believe how many great deleted scenes the trilogy has.

As for the FBI guy in Dog Day, would that be Art Carney?

The China Syndrome! Trivia ulit hehehe...that's the only film that didn't have a single note of a musical soundtrack. Not even when they rolled out the credits.

This isn't exactly a 70's movie, but it has Pacino in it, and the setting was in the 70's....Carlito's Way? The director Brian de Palma played out a no dialogue 16-minute chase through Grand Central station...galing!

post-79658-1129213562.jpg

Some more mafioso trivia...

In Godfather Part 2, one of Hyman Roth's (Lee Strasberg) henchmen was a guy name Johnny Ola. He was the reason why Mike (Pacino) found out his brother Fredo (Cazale) was the behind an attempt on his life. Anyway, Johnny Ola was played by an actor named Dominic Chianese, and any fan of the wiseguys-genre would recognize him as Corrado 'Junior' Soprano from HBO's famous mafia-family series "The Sopranos".

Hey...a lot of guys are changing their avatars....Bods, who's that cool looking guy?

BTW augustmoon, were you able to see Buble last night?

Bods!

I was a huge Godfather fan! ( still is, it seems  :D ) I read the book and I was hooked on the mafia.. or as Don Corleone would put.. "La Cosa Nostra"

After reading that book, I felt that nothing was impossible when crime was involved. Matter of fact, Mario Puzo opens the the novel with the foreword:  "BEHIND EVERY GREAT WEALTH, THERE IS A GREAT CRIME". Creepy!

From your list, Deliverance was a frightening movie for me. Despite the fact that it featured one of the best ever Guitar and Banjo playing scenes filmed, the plot and the dastardly deeds committed in the movie scared off many people from visiting the hillbilly country!

John Boorman was, I believe, the director of this movie and the movie was just plain creepy with the atmosphere he embellished it with - a rowing and camping trip in the backwaters gone crazy. Ned Beatty's character was the unfortunate guy who was buggered. Burt Reynolds and Jon Voight gave out sterling performances as campers caught in the grip of rural lunacy. I haven't seen this movie for a long time - I used to see it almost every afternoon in those afternoon Channel 9 movies...

His last movie was "The Hunter" where he played the part of a bounty hunter. SM fans...don't forget "Le Mans".

16track...do you prefer Part1 or Part 2? Oh yeah I remember that scene alright! Sleeping with the fishes! Grabe all-star cast ng Godfather no? Pacino, Cazale, Duval, Talia Shire, James Caan, Brando! I never liked Part 3 where Sofia Coppola, Andy Garcia and George Hamilton somehow didn't fit in. I recommend you buy the original boxed set pare, it's got a lot of great extras in it. My wife bought it for me a few Christmases ago. I especially love the commentaries section where Copolla narrates anecdotes, trivia and interesting facts for every scene played. And you won't believe how many great deleted scenes the trilogy has.

As for the FBI guy in Dog Day, would that be Art Carney?

The China Syndrome! Trivia ulit hehehe...that's the only film that didn't have a single note of a musical soundtrack. Not even when they rolled out the credits.

This isn't exactly a 70's movie, but it has Pacino in it, and the setting was in the 70's....Carlito's Way? The director Brian de Palma played out a no dialogue 16-minute chase through Grand Central station...galing!

pare how can you forget Robert DeNiro from Godfather 2 :P I believe he won a Best Supporting Oscar for playing the young Vito Corleone hehehe...Also pare Diane Keaton, who was Pacino's long-suffering wife in the films....Brian de Palma was a great director. Carrie, Body Heat and The Shining were unforgettable...

Some more mafioso trivia...

In Godfather Part 2, one of Hyman Roth's (Lee Strasberg) henchmen was a guy name Johnny Ola. He was the reason why Mike (Pacino) found out his brother Fredo (Cazale) was the behind an attempt on his life. Anyway, Johnny Ola was played by an actor named Dominic Chianese, and any fan of the wiseguys-genre would recognize him as Corrado 'Junior' Soprano from HBO's famous mafia-family series "The Sopranos".

Hey...a lot of guys are changing their avatars....Bods, who's that cool looking guy?

That's Van Morrison, pare - been listening to him a lot lately hehehe....wala lang

And her name was G...L...O....R...I....A.....G-L-O-R-I-A....Gloria.... :P

pero saludo pa rin ako kay Ole Blue Eyes hehehe

Memorable date movies:

One on One

Ice Castle

Kung Mangarap ka at Magising

Carrie

The Other Side of Midnight

Same Time Next Year

Annie Hall

pards Carrie as a date movie? Sabagay masarap may ka-date pag horror ang palabas hehehe

Same Time Next YEar - sino nga ba yung kapareha dito ni Alan Alda? If I remember correctly, this movie was about two illicit lovers meeting in the same place, at the same time, every year....could this be familiar to the guys here - I mean, the movie, not the storyline :lol:

Same Time Next YEar - sino nga ba yung kapareha dito ni Alan Alda? If I remember correctly, this movie was about two illicit lovers meeting in the same place, at the same time, every year....could this be familiar to the guys here - I mean, the movie, not the storyline :lol:

Ellen Burnstyn of "The Exorcist" fame. The theme song of the movie was sung by Johnny Mathis and a female partner whose name I can't recall. In the story, the two lovers met every year but the movie featured only five-year intervals.

Guys,

Ito talaga back to the 70's:

‘The Lady is a Champ’

First posted 11:08pm (Mla time) Oct 13, 2005

Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on Page A2-3 of the October 14, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

<snip>

Nov. 19

TERI de Sario and Joe Pizzulo—big stars of the ’70s—will be in Manila next month for a much awaited back-to-back concert at the Araneta Coliseum. “Back 2 Basics” will also feature local artists Luke Mejares, Passage Band and Nina. Call 911-5555.

uy..uy...augustmoon, I know one of your most memorable 70s films is.....diba "Jaws" sa Delta theatre.??  ;)

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I only remember December 26, 1975...Second screening....4th and 5th seat center of the third row. I didnt even care how many the shark killed nor the fact that Rod Schneider eventually killed the shark. Basta pure Bliss lang ang nagyari sa akin sa "Jaws"". :P :P :P

Sliderule:

I better get a copy of the box set then before its gone.

Part 3 was kind of stretching it a bit for my taste although the death of Michael Corleone was done very well.

Many portions of Part 2 were written in the book and Coppola was more or less faithful to the Mario Puzo narrative. That in a way kind of makes me love both Parts 1 and 2.

Both parts had memorable moments. I like the scene near the ending when Brando was telling Michael how he never wanted the mob life for his youngest son but that Santino would have made a bad Don.

The end of the movie-- was the same as the book. Kaye, the wife stood in shock as she glanced at the open doorway where all the heads of all the mob families kneeled down to kiss Michael's ring turn by turn. The book narrates that Kaye was fearfully reminded of the figure of a Roman emperor where soldiers and senators professed their loyalty to their leader.

Then the door slowly closes.

More lines from the Godfather:

Michael : My father helped Johnny Fontaine out of his contract with a bandleader once who refused to to let Johnny go.

Kaye : How did he manage that?

Michael : Luca Brassi paid the bandleader a visit - held a shotgun to his head and and told him that

either his brains or his signature will be on the release contract.

Michale : Kaye, my father's way of doing things are over. Even he knows that. In 5 years time, the

Corleone Family will be totally legit.

Don Vito : [in the car after meeting with the rest of the Dons and where Barzini negotiated peace

between the Corleones and the Tataglias]

"Tataglia's a pimp. He could not have outsmarted Santino. I never realized until tonight that

it was Barzini all along!"

Michael : Comforting his sister: Do you think I could k*ll the father (his wife's husband) of my

god child? [The next scene had Carlo, the husband, being strangled to death by Michael's

thugs inside the car]

Clemenza : The gun will be planted at the back of that old fashioned toilet.

Santino : Make sure that it's there. I don't want my brother to walk out of there with just his dick in

his hands. [As they planned Michael's murder of Virgil Solozzo and the Police Chief.

Regards!

Edited by 16track

Storm:

One On One was pretty good. Robbie Benson's big break which also featured the nice soundtrack. The theme - "Love Conquers All"--was done by true 70's act Seals and Croft.

Hard to believe that Annette O Toole ( did I get that right? ) who played Robbie Benson's love interest in that movie now plays Superman's mom, Martha Kent in Smallville.

Correct me if I am wrong... but wasn't John Travolta in the film Carrie? He was just starting out then. Still not sure but I do believe he played the baddie boyfriend of one of the mean girls in school -- the one that dies in the burning car.

:D

Ellen Burnstyn of "The Exorcist" fame.  The theme song of the movie was sung by Johnny Mathis and a female partner whose name I can't recall.  In the story, the two lovers met every year but the movie featured only five-year intervals.

Johnny Mathis sang this movie's theme song "The Last Time I Felt Like This" with Jane Olivor. He also had other hits like "Too Much, Too Little, Too Late", a duet with Deniece Williams. (Hinanap ko pa dito yung LP ko, "The Best of Johnny Mathis 1975-1980", ayan, naputol tuloy yung kuko ko! :( )

Johnny Mathis is.... timeless!

Storm:

One On One was pretty good. Robbie Benson's big break which also featured the nice soundtrack. The theme - "Love Conquers All"--was done by true 70's act Seals and Croft.

Hard to believe that Annette O Toole ( did I get that right? ) who played Robbie Benson's love interest in that movie now plays Superman's mom, Martha Kent in Smallville.

Correct me if I am wrong... but wasn't John Travolta in the film Carrie? He was just starting out then. Still not sure but I do believe he played the baddie boyfriend of one of the mean girls in school -- the one that dies in the burning car.

:D

The more popular song from "One on One" was "My Fair Share," which was played in the scene where Robbie Benson was being threatened with being stripped of his scholarship. "Love Conquers All" was played during the final scene when Robbie Benson and Anette O'Toole were having fun playing basketball.

I don't watch Smallville. Does Anette O'Toole really play Clark Kent's mom? In Superman 3, she played Lana Lang.

John Travolta was already in the TV series "Welcome back, Kotter" when he appeared in "Carrie." He was already on the rise. Sissy Spacek was practically a newcomer, but Amy Irving had already appeared in some TV shows. One incredible image from Carrie was when she walked slowly down the stage, all that pig blood on her, with chaos all around. Later, of course, that scene with her mother. And that final scene. When I first watched Carrie, the entire theater erupted in screams. In that dream sequence, there was this epitaph on Carrie's grave: "Carrie lives in hell." And who can forget the song which begins "Could it be that the lady is me on that photograph?"

By the way, "Carrie" also featured William(?) Katt who later on starred in the TV series "The Greatest American Hero," a comedy. I remember once seeing a taped production of "Pippin" which featured Katt and Ben Vereen (who played Chicken Little in "Roots).

Johnny Mathis is.... timeless!

Johnny Mathis AND Frank Sinatra !!!!???? My...my... Liberty...you and Masi will make a great couple :D :D :D same taste in make-out music :evil: :evil: :evil:

How ya been??? :* Making the rounds of the MALLS again??? :D I've been slaving away in the kitchen for two days na. Partly to be productuve, and partly for therapy. :D :D :D

Hello to ALL...Its weekend na naman Yehey !!!!! ERRAND Time...ano akala nyo...PARTY Time?!?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Speaking of singers, during the 70s you could easily tell who was singing without even seeing who it was. For instance, you could tell if it was Johnny Mathis. You could tell if it was Tom Jones. You could tell if it was Engelbert Humperdink. Who else? Karen Carpenter, Stevie Wonder, Barry Manilow, Shirley Bassey, Michael Jackson, Andy Williams (who used to host the Grammy Awards), John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross. Singers during the time had distinctive voices and styles. Not just the singers, but groups such as Spiral Staircase and Chicago.

Can't say the same for the present crop. These days, they all sound the same.

Edited by jt2003