Back To The 70's

It's in the World Trade Center Roxas Blvd...

I doubt if I can make it - no time to buy tickets - don't wanna buy sa mga scalpers dun :P

I think the show is so under-promoted - only saw some snippets here and there in some papers - ni wala akong nakita kung saan makakabili ng tickets..

Actually, pareng bods, I never even heard of it. But if they really wanted a good response from the public, they should have chosen Araneta. By the way, do the younger folks even know of the Juan de la Cruz band?

pabs dadivas? kasama ba siya sa "Circus Band"?

i've read this.... made up of the biggest names in Philippine Musiclandia - Basil Valdez,

Hajji Alejandro, Pabs Dadivas, Tillie Moreno, Jacqui Magno, Pat Castillo,

Ceres Jacinto, Atek Jacinto, Boy Katindig, Walter Calinawan, Rudy Lozano,

Paco Gamboa and Gerry Paraiso - the Circus Band was the elite musical group

of the '70s that showed the very best of Pinoy artistry.

pabs dadivas? kasama ba siya sa "Circus Band"?

i've read this.... made up of the biggest names in Philippine Musiclandia - Basil Valdez,

Hajji Alejandro, Pabs Dadivas, Tillie Moreno, Jacqui Magno, Pat Castillo,

Ceres Jacinto, Atek Jacinto, Boy Katindig, Walter Calinawan, Rudy Lozano,

Paco Gamboa and Gerry Paraiso - the Circus Band was the elite musical group

of the '70s that showed the very best of Pinoy artistry.

Yup, they were damn GREAT! Personally, my favorite was Tillie Moreno. Her voice could give you an orgasm.

In the 70s, I was fond of black music --- Mostly Motown!

The Temptations

The Spinners

The Four Tops

The Fifth Dimension

The Jacksons

The Supremes

The Three Degrees

The Commodores

The Miracles

The Main Ingredient

The Stylistics

The Friends of Distinction

The Hues Corporation

The Blue Magic

Earth, Wind & Fire

Crown Heights Affair

Ohio Players

BT Express

Gladys Knight and the Pips

Gloria Gaynor

Roberta Flack

Dione Warwick

Donna Summer

Diana Ross

Barry White

Isaac Hayes

MFSB

Love Unlimited Orchestra

George Benson

Ito muna siguro pero marami pang iba.

The Temptations

The Spinners

The Four Tops

The Fifth Dimension

The Jacksons

The Supremes

The Three Degrees

The Commodores

The Miracles

The Main Ingredient

The Stylistics

The Hues Corporation

The Blue Magic

Earth, Wind & Fire

Crown Heights Affair

Ohio Players

BT Express

Gloria Gaynor

Roberta Flack

Dione Warwick

Donna Summer

Diana Ross

Barry White

Isaac Hayes

MFSB

Love Unlimited Orchestra

George Benson

The Temptations

The Spinners

The Four Tops

The Fifth Dimension

The Jacksons

The Supremes

The Three Degrees

The Commodores

The Miracles

The Main Ingredient

The Stylistics

The Hues Corporation

The Blue Magic

Earth, Wind & Fire

Crown Heights Affair

Ohio Players

BT Express

Gloria Gaynor

Roberta Flack

Dione Warwick

Donna Summer

Diana Ross

Barry White

Isaac Hayes

MFSB

Love Unlimited Orchestra

George Benson

The Temptations

The Spinners

The Fifth Dimension

The Supremes

The Three Degrees

The Commodores

The Miracles

The Stylistics

The Hues Corporation

The Blue Magic

Earth, Wind & Fire

Roberta Flack

Dione Warwick

Donna Summer

Diana Ross

Barry White

Isaac Hayes

MFSB

George Benson

Motown, right on!

Halos pareho pala tayo ng mga paborito Pareng Storm! :cool: These early 70s groups bring back memories of my first few parties. Although saling-pusa lang ako noon sa mga pinsan ko, I remember them playing these records.

Huwag lang natin kalimutan ang Spiral Staircase at saka Average White Band.

Among my favorites from the early 70s are instrumentals like Pickin up the Pieces (tama ba? O Pick up the Pieces?) by the AWB, Machine Gun by the Commodores, Theme from Shaft by Isaac Hayes, TSOP by MFSB, The Hustle by Van McCoy, Brazil by The Ritchie Family, and Papaya by . . . I forgot who. :unsure:

Edited by Magaling
Motown, right on!

Halos pareho pala tayo ng mga paborito Pareng Storm! :cool:  These early 70s groups bring back memories of my first few parties.  Although saling-pusa lang ako noon sa mga pinsan ko, I remember them playing these records. 

Among my favorites from the early 70s are instrumentals like Pickin up the Pieces (tama ba? O Pick up the Pieces?) by the AWB, Machine Gun by the Commodores, Theme from Shaft by Isaac Hayes, TSOP by MFSB, The Hustle by Van McCoy,  Brazil by The Ritchie Family, and Papaya by . . . I forgot who. :unsure:

Yeah AWB - Pick up the Pieces. Hindi ko sila sinali kasi baka hindi sila egoy (A White B), the same with Ritchie Family and Spiral Starecase. :D

Marami ring magagaling na hindi mga egoy like Alec Costandinos with the Love and Kisses - "Accidental Lover", "I Found Love (Now That I Have Found You)", "Thank God It's Friday" and "You're The Most Precious Thing In My Life,". Si Alec din ang tumugtog ng disco version of Romeo and Juliet, Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback of Notre Dame. Ganoon din si Jean-Marc Cerrone with Love in C Minor at Biddu Orchestra with Summer of 42. Siempre nariyan ang the Bee Gees.

Motown, right on!

Halos pareho pala tayo ng mga paborito Pareng Storm! :cool:  These early 70s groups bring back memories of my first few parties.  Although saling-pusa lang ako noon sa mga pinsan ko, I remember them playing these records. 

Among my favorites from the early 70s are instrumentals like Pickin up the Pieces (tama ba? O Pick up the Pieces?) by the AWB, Machine Gun by the Commodores, Theme from Shaft by Isaac Hayes, TSOP by MFSB, The Hustle by Van McCoy,  Brazil by The Ritchie Family, and Papaya by . . . I forgot who. :unsure:

if I'm not mistaken, PAPAYA is by Ursula Dudziak...

Michael Mcdonald has released 2 albums of his interpretations of Motown music. I got the first one and I say it's quite good - sticks to the originals.

To those not familiar - Mike Mcdonald earned his chops singing with the Doobie Brothers and doing back-up vocals with Steely Dan in the KATY LIED, ROYAL SCAM and GAUCHO albums.

My favorite of his with the Doobies is his version of Carly Simon's YOU BELONG TO ME. I'd say the Doobies' version is better than Carly's original and it was all because of Mike Mcdonald's very soulful vocals.

Carly Simon is another favorite from the 70's - most specially with YOU'RE SO VAIN, and ANTICIPATION....brings back a lot of memories from that time.

You're so vain....

I bet you think this song is about you....

About you....

About you....

cheers!

if I'm not mistaken, PAPAYA is by Ursula Dudziak...

Michael Mcdonald has released 2 albums of his interpretations of Motown music. I got the first one and I say it's quite good - sticks to the originals.

To those not familiar - Mike Mcdonald earned his chops singing with the Doobie Brothers and doing back-up vocals with Steely Dan in the KATY LIED, ROYAL SCAM and GAUCHO albums.

My favorite of his with the Doobies is his version of Carly Simon's YOU BELONG TO ME. I'd say the Doobies' version is better than Carly's original and it was all because of Mike Mcdonald's very soulful vocals.

Carly Simon is another favorite from the 70's - most specially with YOU'RE SO VAIN, and ANTICIPATION....brings back a lot of memories from that time.

You're so vain....

I bet you think this song is about you....

About you....

About you....

cheers!

Speaking of You're So Vain, I read some time ago that Carly Simon auctioned off the secret of the person she was referring to in the song. This was during a charity fund-raising event. I believe the winner paid something like 10k US just to have Carly Simon whisper the name to him, on condition that he would not reveal it to anyone else. There has always been much speculation on who actually was "so vain."

I'm correcting myself. The winner in that charity affair was NBC Sports president Dick Ebersol, and he paid 50k, not 10k, for the secret. I don't think it could be JT, because I believe they were still married at the time (1973) and the song was about an ex-lover. Speculation focused more on Warren Beatty and Mick Jagger. Carly Simon has said that she'll never make it known publicly, even when the person passes away. At least with Deep Throat, Woodward and Bernstein were held to their promise of secrecy only while Deep Throat was still alive.

Edited by jt2003
Speaking of You're So Vain, I read some time ago that Carly Simon auctioned off the secret of the person she was referring to in the song.  This was during a charity fund-raising event.  I believe the winner paid something like 10k US just to have Carly Simon whisper the name to him, on condition that he would not reveal it to anyone else. There has always been much speculation on who actually was "so vain."

Oh, sorry but I thought all the while Robert Redford is the Guy. I don't think this is a secret that needs to be sold because he was her ... Aw! 70's me malay na kayo nun di ba?

Carly Simon was a rich girl and she didn't have to sing to earn a living, after all she was the daughter of the Simon in the publishing house Simon & Schuster.

I don't think it was either Redford or Beatty she was referring to - the guy in the song should be quite rich, famous, and influential. References were made to ..you flew your Lear Jet up to Nova Scotia/To watch the total eclipse of the sun/ Well you're where you should be all the time/ And when you're not, you're with/Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend.......... The guy also went to Saratoga and his horse naturally won..

Beatty and Redford were not yet that rich in the 70's........

Carly Simon was a rich girl and she didn't have to sing to earn a living, after all she was the daughter of the Simon in the publishing house Simon & Schuster.

I don't think it was either Redford or Beatty she was referring to - the guy in the song should be quite rich, famous, and influential. References were made to ..you flew your Lear Jet up to Nova Scotia/To watch the total eclipse of the sun/ Well you're where you should be all the time/ And when you're not, you're with/Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend.......... The guy also went to Saratoga and his horse naturally won..

Beatty and Redford were not yet that rich in the 70's........

You have to remember, though, that by 1973, Redford and Beatty were already big stars. Redford had already starred in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," "Barefoot in the Park," "This Property is Condemned," "Tell Them Willie Boy is Here" and, in 1973 itself, "The Way We Were" and "The Sting." Beatty had also starred in several hits such as "Bonnie and Clyde" and "Splendor in the Grass." Both Redford and Beatty were already pretty big by then ... and rich as well.

The thing against Redford is that his name has no "A." Simon herself has said that the person's name has an A, an E, and an R.

Edited by jt2003