Back To The 70's

Happy birthday golden boy photographer!!!

Sana magka-eb tayo.

Nagkashortage ng bigas dahil sa baha.

=========

=========================================================

Thank you.....Sana nga may EB. one heck of "memory down the lane". Loved those years (70s). Teens....high school.....martial law (?).....discipline.....no chop chops......bata at naglalaro pa si osama bin laden......no congress......less politics....hehehe. joke lang.

recalled borgy's mercedez benz car toy....

sino kamuka ni borgy? si daddy tommy m. na "kinidnap" or si ..... :rolleyes:

guy & pip vs. vi & bot - battle of their fanatics!

eddie peregrina

esperanza fabon

perla adea

===========================================================

Crush ko nuon si Eva Vivar.....the long haired fair lady....nasan na kaya yun?

Romy Mallari

the imported actor daw Zander Khan ba yun na na pair pa kay La Aunor

etc.

imee....anak sa pagkadalaga ni imelda

lotis key ....one of pidol's concubines.

==========================================================

napanood ko si lotis key yesterday at FLIP channel (cable). yung Ibong Adarna. Super ganda! Where is she now kaya?

Imee? anak DAW ng dating matapang na naging mayor ng Manila. DAW!

maski anong gawin, may tenga ang lupa :upside:

so who is the real (dad) of borgy? :rolleyes:

oil crisis - opec used oil as a weapon.

ganda tignan ung car ng friend ko nung pinaconvert sa diesel. kala mo may padating na jeepney, camaro pala :thumbsupsmiley:

happy mid-century!...ako isang taon pa :rolleyes:

70s anyone remember BESAS shoe shine sa dasmarinas,manila? dont see any shoeshine nowadays.

martial law "civilian uniform" ng mga military/govt ajax - bushjacket. ganon din mga bata ni madame sa mmc.

long before hellow garci, there was the "pamulinawen" of apo F. to dovie beams.

how can i forget retelco/pldt fones....tikitiktikitik pulse rotary dial ang sakit sa tenga, may wallmounted fones pa. ang bigat pwede pang depensa sa akyatbahay. six-digit telephone numbers so easy to memorize 2,4,5-manila 6-sampaloc/qc 7-cubao sj 8-makati 9-qc. anyone know which # this is -976061 ?

===========================================================

I remember din yung oil crisis nuon. hirap sa rationing ng gasolina. pila! Naalala ko pa ang oil minister ng Saudi nuon----si Yamani.

hehehe, Pamulinawen....i have a recorded song nuon.....sang by Apo...hehehe

Yap, telephone nos. at sampaloc begins with 6......976061? Metrocom no.? hehehe

Happy birthday golden boy photographer!!!

Sana magka-eb tayo.

Nagkashortage ng bigas dahil sa baha.

=======================================================

Ito ba yung baha during the month of September, I think its 1971? halos isang buwan na wala tigil ang ulan. Naalala ko pa nuon sa amin sa Musa St. Dapitan, Sampaloc. Ni minsan hindi kami inaabutan ng baha pero during the last day of the torrential rain....halos abutin na kami. I think two weeks atang walang pasok nuon. My late mom nagpunta pa sa burol sa Pampanga, namangka sa ibabaw ng North Expressway............and the hit song then was "starry starry night" by Don Maclain and "Got to be There" by The Jackson Five (ipit pa boses ni Michael nuon)

===================================================AND a great one. Used to be my idol back then. Saw him play at Cultural Center of the Philippines. Virtuoso. Got a signature copy from him coz I used to play the piano at Little Theatre (once lang naman)
so you've most probably heard of The Pasaknungan?
Imee? anak DAW ng dating matapang na naging mayor ng Manila. DAW!
sabi nga. mayor's initials were AHL
eddie peregrina

esperanza fabon

perla adea

pinauso ni eddie p. yung belt buckle na naka position sa side ng hips instead of sa gitna.

it was a mistake daw kasi nagmamadali na siya and hindi na niya naayos.

it was noticed during one of his guestings sa isang early evening variety show (forgot what it was)

naging fad eventually and daming nag gayahan.

it was aptly called "side buckle"

maski anong gawin, may tenga ang lupa :upside:

so who is the real (dad) of borgy? :rolleyes:

oil crisis - opec used oil as a weapon.

ganda tignan ung car ng friend ko nung pinaconvert sa diesel. kala mo may padating na jeepney, camaro pala :thumbsupsmiley:

happy mid-century!...ako isang taon pa :rolleyes:

70s anyone remember BESAS shoe shine sa dasmarinas,manila? dont see any shoeshine nowadays.

martial law "civilian uniform" ng mga military/govt ajax - bushjacket. ganon din mga bata ni madame sa mmc.

long before hellow garci, there was the "pamulinawen" of apo F. to dovie beams.

how can i forget retelco/pldt fones....tikitiktikitik pulse rotary dial ang sakit sa tenga, may wallmounted fones pa. ang bigat pwede pang depensa sa akyatbahay. six-digit telephone numbers so easy to memorize 2,4,5-manila 6-sampaloc/qc 7-cubao sj 8-makati 9-qc. anyone know which # this is -976061 ?

If my memory serves me right this is the TRUNKLINE of the Univesity of The Philippines Diliman.

imee....anak sa pagkadalaga ni imelda

lotis key ....one of pidol's concubines.

Let me just make some correction..concubine is the proper label to describe her relationship with Dolphy. ..LOTIS KEY is ONE of the girlfriends who can lay claim to be one of Dolphy's the longest non-live in relationship - (9) years (she came AFTER Eric Quizons' Mom and before ALMA MORENO) ...She was the ONE Dolphy wanted to MARRY. Sa lahat ng naging serious involvement ni Dolphy dito lang siya HINDI nagkaanak..which was the reason why they broke up...and the wise decision of LOTIS not too have any...She is now happily married to a Pinoy and they reside in the Minneapolis-St. Paul. She works for an AIRLINE company as a Customer Service Supervisor. ..so if any of you happen to be in the Twin Cities area, at nagkaproblema sa airport..humingi kayo ng saklolo :-) Despite her popularity (and to some unfounded notorieity) she was never THAT showbiz. She was a family friend and was an "Ate" figure to me. She is even more beautiful IN person, and AS A PERSON...If she stayed, she would be a a good character actress playing mother roles in today's telenovela.

Let me just make some correction..concubine is the proper label to describe her relationship with Dolphy. ..LOTIS KEY is ONE of the girlfriends who can lay claim to be one of Dolphy's the longest non-live in relationship - (9) years (she came AFTER Eric Quizons' Mom and before ALMA MORENO) ...She was the ONE Dolphy wanted to MARRY. Sa lahat ng naging serious involvement ni Dolphy dito lang siya HINDI nagkaanak..which was the reason why they broke up...and the wise decision of LOTIS not too have any...She is now happily married to a Pinoy and they reside in the Minneapolis-St. Paul. She works for an AIRLINE company as a Customer Service Supervisor. ..so if any of you happen to be in the Twin Cities area, at nagkaproblema sa airport..humingi kayo ng saklolo :-) Despite her popularity (and to some unfounded notorieity) she was never THAT showbiz. She was a family friend and was an "Ate" figure to me. She is even more beautiful IN person, and AS A PERSON...If she stayed, she would be a a good character actress playing mother roles in today's telenovela.

==========================================================

Ummm, nice piece of trivia. Where does Pilar Pilapil comes in? I think she came ahead of Alma in Pidol's lovelife. by the way...BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TITO DOLPHY!!! Hanggang ngayon, no one ever comes close to you entertaining us.

GINOO sexy magazine! Ala pang FHM and Maxim!

=======================================================

Favorite ko kasi din yun. Daring na yan nuon. As usual collections nasunog! Sana, in case magkaron ng EB, dala tayo ng mga memorable publications, pictures, documents, bedtimes,este, ..........hehehe.

right!

may history yung initials niya AHL

during campaign and first term in office: Ang Hulog ng Langit

nung tumagal na sa office: Ang Hirap Lapitan

nang lalo nang tumagal: Ang Hayop sa Lupa

hehehe

//--trivia courtesy of my dad

may he rest in peace

========================================================

Ang nagsabing tatay ni Aimee...DAW!!!

================================================

na may statue sa sta. cruz? sa tapat ng Isetann?

huh? Pasaknungan sa sta cruz?

no no

Pasaknungan is a violin ensemble that had imeldific as their benefactor.

the group usually played when international dignitaries came over during the time of macoy, eg van cliburn, pope paul VI, etc.

pag gustong magpasiklab ni koymax sa mga bwisita niyang international (also during imee's, bong2, irene's bday in malacanang, etc.), pasaknungan and pangkat kawayan were the ones, and the only ones, who were called to perform, no one else. this was during the 70s.