Back To The 70's

Woke up this morning and this song was in my head....no reason for it all except that maybe I was in a 70's state of mind once again.

KAY GANDA NG ATING MUSIKA-- Ryan Cayabyab

Magmula no'ng ako'y natutong umawit

Naging makulay ang aking munting daigdig

Tila ilog pala ang paghimig

Kung malalim, dumadami'y pag-ibig

Kung umaapaw, ang kaluluwa'y tinig

Ay sadyang nanginginig

Magmula no'ng ako'y natutong umawit

Bawa't sandali'y aking pilit mabatid

Ang himig na maituturing atin

Mapupuri pagka't bukod-tangi

'Di marami ang 'di magsasabing

Heto na't inyong dinggin

CHORUS:

Kay ganda ng ating musika

Ito ay atin, sariling atin

At sa habang buhay, awitin natin

Ito ay atin, sariling atin

REPEAT CHORUS

At sa habang buhay, awitin natin

For the midi file: http://www.tristancafe.com/music/midis/kayganda.html

Haaay kahit di ako pinanganak ng 70s eh talagang nakikita ko napaka-simple at maganda ang buhay. Mura bilihin at di gaano ma-polusyon dito tulad ngayon ang daming problema, ang taas pa ng bilihin. Ang pinakapa-konsuwelo mo na lang ngayon eh ang internet at celfone

Welcome to the thread, pareng hydro_chloride. Indeed, the 70s was a great decade. And that's why we have this to relive it over and over again. Notice many songs of today? There are fewer composers and many of what you hear are rehashed versions.

I try to indentify the names of those

Upper Left to Right/downwards

NORA AUNOR, TIRSO CRUZ III, VILMA SANTOS

EDGARD "Bobot" Mortiz, HILDA KORONEL, JAY ILAGAN

Hindi ko na alam ang iba

Hula lang pero methinks those are cocoy laurel, ariel oreta and eugene torre.

I'm on vacation in California and we had a long drive from San francisco to Los angeles with my friends from college and we were dishing OPM 70s songs. Among those we sang were Manila, Pumapatak na Naman ang Ulan, Ako'y Isang Pinoy, Ang bayan kong Pilipinas, Bayang magiliw (Lupang Hinirang) and May bagong Silang.

The weather is fine and hindi polluted sa San Fo. Ang ganda, nakakahinayang talaga ang Pinas.

Haaay kahit di ako pinanganak ng 70s eh talagang nakikita ko napaka-simple at maganda ang buhay. Mura bilihin at di gaano ma-polusyon dito tulad ngayon ang daming problema, ang taas pa ng bilihin. Ang pinakapa-konsuwelo mo na lang ngayon eh ang internet at celfone

====================================================

hay naku, cellphone. wala pa nito nuong 70s kaya kapag may lakad ang barkada, paulit ulit kang pina aalala ang time ng meeting place ninyo. Tapos pag dating sa bahay, tawagan pa at sinisigurado ang time and place kung saan kayo magkikita. Mahirap kasi kung may hindi dumating, no way na malaman mo na hindi siya makakarating. Pero we survived! hahaha. then citizens band came along...........................

Maski walang cellphone noon, ang galing ng generation natin na mag-COORDINATE ng mga Pa-Takas na mga Dates at Gimmick noong HS - di lang in terms of meeting place and time...pati excuse coordinated sa buong barkada with one week advance notice para consistent in case mag-check at mahuli ng parents. Magplano ka lang date/gimmick e community affair na that requires major preparation and logistics...samatalang ngayon isang text lang Go! na.

Maski walang cellphone noon, ang galing ng generation natin na mag-COORDINATE ng mga Pa-Takas na mga Dates at Gimmick noong HS - di lang in terms of meeting place and time...pati excuse coordinated sa buong barkada with one week advance notice para consistent in case mag-check at mahuli ng parents. Magplano ka lang date/gimmick e community affair na that requires major preparation and logistics...samatalang ngayon isang text lang Go! na.

============================================================

oo nga....and another thing. dapat kapag maghihiwalay na kayo for a meeting. dapat pareho ang time sa relo ninyo. dapat synchronized! Place na madalas magkita...Ali Mall, Good Earth Emporium, Escolta, Quiapo Church : - )

Hula lang pero methinks those are cocoy laurel, ariel oreta and eugene torre.

I'm on vacation in California and we had a long drive from San francisco to Los angeles with my friends from college and we were dishing OPM 70s songs. Among those we sang were Manila, Pumapatak na Naman ang Ulan, Ako'y Isang Pinoy, Ang bayan kong Pilipinas, Bayang magiliw (Lupang Hinirang) and May bagong Silang.

The weather is fine and hindi polluted sa San Fo. Ang ganda, nakakahinayang talaga ang Pinas.

Pards, sayang. You should have posted your trip on this thread. I was in San Francisco last week and the week before. Nagkita sana tayo.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in the US and have a safe flight home. :thumbsupsmiley:

Para hindi OT, I'm currently listening to a couple of Hotdog songs: "Dying to Tell You" and "Panaginip".

Ngayon ang excuse coordinated na sa barkada para consistent in case mag-check ang asawa. :lol:

Pards, sayang. You should have posted your trip on this thread. I was in San Francisco last week and the week before. Nagkita sana tayo.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in the US and have a safe flight home. :thumbsupsmiley:

Para hindi OT, I'm currently listening to a couple of Hotdog songs: "Dying to Tell You" and "Panaginip".

Oo nga no? Sayang. We're in Northern California from May 20-23.

We spent Sunday night in Agxo's home in Fremont and went around Napa and Sonoma for some wine tasting the following day and then off to SF.

We stayed at the Inn at the Opera near the Opera House for another 2 days. We bumped to the opera diva who was charming (beatiful face) and big (mataba). We went to Starlight were the band composed of mixed egoys and asian played 70s music of Kool and the Gang, Ohio Players, Earth Wind and Fire, Commodores and even Stevie Wonder. They sound like the original. Some of the songs they played were:

Fire

Slippery When Wet

Rollercoaster

Celebration

Good Times

September

Superstition

etc.

Kakapagod ang sked namin. 3 weeks lang kasi. We've been to Hawaii, LA, SF, San Diego, LA, Palm Springs then tomorrow we will be in Vegas for 2 nights. We had a fun night in Hollywood last Sunday when we went to a mosh-pit (?) concert in Dragonfly were the band played all 80s music. The girls there were wild (barely covered) :boo: . Pinaakyat sa stage. Amoy katol/damo :goatee: ang paligid, parang 70s atmosphere in Baguio.

Kita-kita rin kami ng mga high school classmates ko. One of my classmates gave me an entire MP3 collection of all the love songs from 72-76 (high school era namin).

yeah, i watch saturday night fever at harrison plaza , then after that ride the bump cars naman.

Nice memories, too, at Harrison Plaza, before it got burned. I was working near that place, isang hamak na researcher, tambay sa HP pag-lunch or early p.m. (kain kami ng gf ko who's now my wife), enjoy even just watching the pick-up girls sa open resto (VIP restaurant 'ata) indside the mall.

At night, hang-out naman sa El Camarote Bar sa Holiday Inn (now Traders Royal Hotel) listening to the opening act of this pretty young lass named Kuh Ledesma, o kaya dancing sa Siete Pecados sa Westin Phil. Plaza.

Even Mabini St. is so full of drama, artists would love to be part of it - till of course Fred Lim raided the redhouses in the 90's and made the area a "cultural" zone.

By the way, just heard this a.m. Boom Gonzales play on 89.9 magic "Oh, Lorie" by the Alessi Bros. My all-time favorite. It so made my day!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Other songs I love from the 70's - "Kiss You All Over", "Baby Come Back" (Player), "Afternoon Delight" (Starlight Band)

I feel nostalgic for these 1970s TV shows:

Three's Company

Charlie's Angels

Happy Days

Welcome Back Kotter

WKRP in Cincinnati

M*A*S*H

CHiPS

Mork and Mindy

The Love Boat

Taxi

Fantasy Island

Little House on the Prairie

The Partridge Family

Kojak

Starsky and Hutch

The 6 Million Dollar Man

Bionioc Woman

and many others I can't remember. It's been a long time.

I feel nostalgic for these 1970s TV shows:

Three's Company

Charlie's Angels

Happy Days

Welcome Back Kotter

WKRP in Cincinnati

M*A*S*H

CHiPS

Mork and Mindy

The Love Boat

Taxi

Fantasy Island

Little House on the Prairie

The Partridge Family

Kojak

Starsky and Hutch

The 6 Million Dollar Man

Bionioc Woman

and many others I can't remember. It's been a long time.

Paborito ko yang PANCHO PANTERA choco drink. If im not mistaken, Pancho Magalona used to be product ad endorser of that drink. :thumbsupsmiley:

Paborito ko yang PANCHO PANTERA choco drink. If im not mistaken, Pancho Magalona used to be product ad endorser of that drink. :thumbsupsmiley:

iba pa ba yung ChocoVim? t's like chocolait na nakalagay sa bote na parang bote ng coke. I can barely remember pero yung advertisement non e yung may bisekletang mahaba na maraming upuan

iba pa ba yung ChocoVim? t's like chocolait na nakalagay sa bote na parang bote ng coke. I can barely remember pero yung advertisement non e yung may bisekletang mahaba na maraming upuan

============================================

Wow, ChocoVim...my favorite softdrink when I was Grade 6 sa Quiapo Parochial School. Imagine, baon ko P1.50 lang nakakabili na ako ng ChocoVim together with sandwich and kasama na rin yung pamasahe (from Dapitan). Meron pa ba nito ngayon? Miss its great taste.

By the way, just heard this a.m. Boom Gonzales play on 89.9 magic "Oh, Lorie" by the Alessi Bros. My all-time favorite. It so made my day!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Other songs I love from the 70's - "Kiss You All Over", "Baby Come Back" (Player), "Afternoon Delight" (Starlight Band)

========================

Afternoon Delight was a hit during summer of mid 70s. Very memorable. The really big hits before that was Commodores of the "bump" thing........Young Girls are my Weakness, Machine Gun, Do the Bump. Continously played during our barkadas summer outing.

chocovim - "low-end" - softdrink style mas mura

chocolait - "hi-end" (choc and milk variants), paper/carton ang talip - tsarap!

============================================

Wow, ChocoVim...my favorite softdrink when I was Grade 6 sa Quiapo Parochial School. Imagine, baon ko P1.50 lang nakakabili na ako ng ChocoVim together with sandwich and kasama na rin yung pamasahe (from Dapitan). Meron pa ba nito ngayon? Miss its great taste.

ok din UVA lem-o-lime...

same area tayo bro...at sa quiapo din simba.