• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Back To The 70's

pareng sally - yeah, wasn't also aware that Santana's was a cover until I bought a greatest hits LP from Bobby - the original Fleetwood Mac...it contained that original BMW, also The Green Manalishi and Oh, Well - maybe you're familiar with them.

The original Fleetwood was an all-male band, the originals being the great bluesman Peter Green on guitar and Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Talagang iba ang sound nila - more bluesy - than the later incarnations of the band with Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham and Christine McVie.

Pare thanks for sharing that newsclip about Cream - wonder why wala akong nabasa nyan from the papers...Really amazing how those three are still alive today - and can still play!

I won't be surprised kung may DVD ang performance nilang yan ngayon...Must be good to watch

pareng sally - yeah, wasn't also aware that Santana's was a cover until I bought a greatest hits LP from Bobby - the original Fleetwood Mac...it contained that original BMW, also The Green Manalishi and Oh, Well - maybe you're familiar with them.

The original Fleetwood was an all-male band, the originals being the great bluesman Peter Green on guitar and Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Talagang iba ang sound nila - more bluesy - than the later incarnations of the band with Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham and Christine McVie.

Pare thanks for sharing that newsclip about Cream - wonder why wala akong nabasa nyan from the papers...Really amazing how those three are still alive today - and can still play!

I won't be surprised kung may DVD ang performance nilang yan ngayon...Must be good to watch

I know, 60+ and still rocking (shades of Jethro Tull's "too young to die, too old to rock and roll")...nah, one is never too old to rock & roll. Strangely, for someone who's had a liver transplant (Bruce) and arthritis (Baker), this is probably the best therapy. Next in line for a reunion...Led Zep perhaps? Kaya lang wala na si John "Bonzo" Bonham. His son took his place during Live Aid but I guess never endeared himself to Page and Plant. Will keep my eyes open for a DVD or CD of this concert...it shouldn't be too long before the bootleggers of Bangkok come up with a copy on the sidewalk!

I know, 60+ and still rocking (shades of Jethro Tull's "too young to die, too old to rock and roll")...nah, one is never too old to rock & roll. Strangely, for someone who's had a liver transplant (Bruce) and arthritis (Baker), this is probably the best therapy. Next in line for a reunion...Led Zep perhaps? Kaya lang wala na si John "Bonzo" Bonham. His son took his place during Live Aid but I guess never endeared himself to Page and Plant. Will keep my eyes open for a DVD or CD of this concert...it shouldn't be too long before the bootleggers of Bangkok come up with a copy on the sidewalk!

pards ikuha mo din ako pag meron :P

sana may BLIND FAITH reunion din - buhay pa mga members nito - Steve Winwood is still going strong..kaya ko naalala BLIND FAITH becus I got to listen to Eric Clapton's 1972 Greatest Hits LP (mind you, 33 years old na ang LP na ito and although it sounds raw, as it is something that came out of the 70's, still it is good listening fare. You must wonder how the CDs of today will sound like 30 years from now.........) and one of the cuts there is SEA OF LOVE from that group.....

pards ikuha mo din ako pag meron :P

sana may BLIND FAITH reunion din - buhay pa mga members nito - Steve Winwood is still going strong..kaya ko naalala BLIND FAITH becus I got to listen to Eric Clapton's 1972 Greatest Hits LP (mind you, 33 years old na ang LP na ito and although it sounds raw, as it is something that came out of the 70's, still it is good listening fare. You must wonder how the CDs of today will sound like 30 years from now.........) and one of the cuts there is SEA OF LOVE from that group.....

Yup, vinyl will be never be out of style! I'll keep my eyes open for a copy. I like Steve Winwood's Valerie, Higher Love, Spanish Dancer. Heven't heard a new recording from him in the last few years. Speaking of Sea of Love, pare, I like the scene in the movie when Ellen Barkin snuggles up behind Al Pacino and rubs her body on his back...before they do it! Also when they meet in a grocery and he slips his hand in her coat, the only thing she's wearing.

Yup, vinyl will be never be out of style! I'll keep my eyes open for a copy. I like Steve Winwood's Valerie, Higher Love, Spanish Dancer. Heven't heard a new recording from him in the last few years. Speaking of Sea of Love, pare, I like the scene in the movie when Ellen Barkin snuggles up behind Al Pacino and rubs her body on his back...before they do it! Also when they meet in a grocery and he slips his hand in her coat, the only thing she's wearing.

wow I better get a copy of that :boo:

Arc of A Diver - ang galing, pare!

wonderful these ringback tunes now in cellphones...I got BEEP BEEP from the Juan De la Cruz band hehe...so if you call me, I won't answer agad para madinig nyo muna yung kanta :P

....sakay na kayo...kahit hanggang kanto...

ang buhay ng tsuper, ay di gawang biro.....

:cool:

wow I better get a copy of that :boo:

Arc of A Diver - ang galing, pare!

wonderful these ringback tunes now in cellphones...I got BEEP BEEP from the Juan De la Cruz band hehe...so if you call me, I won't answer agad para madinig nyo muna yung kanta :P

....sakay na kayo...kahit hanggang kanto...

ang buhay ng tsuper, ay di gawang biro.....

:cool:

Yes, that was the name of the album where all those songs are. Ok yan, pare, JDC song ang ringer tone mo. Sana meron din Laklakan! Hope to make it in time for their June 11 reunion concert. Sayang wala na Edmund "Bosyo" Fortuno. Are you watching it? Any idea kung magkano ang tickets?

Yes, that was the name of the album where all those songs are. Ok yan, pare, JDC song ang ringer tone mo. Sana meron din Laklakan! Hope to make it in time for their June 11 reunion concert. Sayang wala na Edmund "Bosyo" Fortuno. Are you watching it? Any idea kung magkano ang tickets?

pards the other available ringbacks for Globe are BALONG MALALIM and HIMIG NATIN...

wasn't even aware that they'll be having a reunion concert...I only heard talk yun pala may schedule na talaga...buti ka pa dyan sa BK mas updated :P

Of course, I'll be seeing it - sana nandito ka na nun - we'll watch together......better still, all regulars in this thread can meet up there for concert-watching-cum-EB :boo:

waddaya guys say?

There'll be a concert this Sat May 14 in Makati to be hosted by RJ. What makes it interesting is that among the acts to perform are Johnny Alegre and his band Affinity, Joey Puyat and the Blue Rats, Jun Lopito, The Dawn, among others. Concert is from 6pm to 3am. Tickets are priced at only a hundred.

pards the other available ringbacks for Globe are BALONG MALALIM and HIMIG NATIN...

wasn't even aware that they'll be having a reunion concert...I only heard talk yun pala may schedule na talaga...buti ka pa dyan sa BK mas updated :P

Of course, I'll be seeing it - sana nandito ka na nun - we'll watch together......better still, all regulars in this thread can meet up there for concert-watching-cum-EB :boo:

waddaya guys say?

Ok ako jan :cool:

sama ako. hehehehe! joke lang.

naniniwala na ako na mas maganda si jodie f. ngayon. dalawa na nagsabi. :)

breaking news dito.

plane came within 3 MI of white house. the pilot didn't respond to repeated attempts. white house, u.s.capitol, supreme court were evacuated. pres. bush was not around during the evacuation. the errant plane landed in maryland. threat level was raised from orange to red.