Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Hello folks. I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I recently installed Norton 2005, but I can't get virus definition updates. Should I subscribe online ($25) or is there a way to fix this? The system status says the renewal date is December 8, 2005. It says the account is current. But I still can't get updates. There are instructions from Symantec on what to do, but nothing has worked thus far.

Facts of the Case (Part 1)

Former actor yields

drug paraphernalia

Posted: 1:47 AM (Manila Time) | Apr. 25, 2004

By Luige del Puerto

Inquirer News Service

FORMER actor William Martinez was taken into police custody Saturday after he was reportedly caught with an illegal drug paraphernalia at the Centennial Terminal of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Martinez was reportedly on his way to Dakak beach resort in Mindanao with his wife, Yayo, when a routine body search led to the discovery of a three-inch glass tube which could be used to sniff shabu (methamphetamine hydrochloride), known as "crack" or "ice."

The tube, called a "tooter," was reportedly found inside a pocket of Martinez.

Police Inspector Jaime Estrella, a member of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Unit at NAIA, said Martinez was brought to Camp Crame, headquarters of the Philippine National Police, after the incident.

Estrella said the glass tube would be tested to determine if it had been used in sniffing shabu.

Martinez is also reportedly set to undergo drug testing, the official added.

He faces charges of illegal possession of drug paraphernalia

Facts of the Case (Part 1)

Former actor yields

drug paraphernalia

Posted: 1:47 AM (Manila Time) | Apr. 25, 2004

By Luige del Puerto

Inquirer News Service

FORMER actor William Martinez was taken into police custody Saturday after he was reportedly caught with an illegal drug paraphernalia at the Centennial Terminal of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Martinez was reportedly on his way to Dakak beach resort in Mindanao with his wife, Yayo, when a routine body search led to the discovery of a three-inch glass tube which could be used to sniff shabu (methamphetamine hydrochloride), known as "crack" or "ice."

The tube, called a "tooter," was reportedly found inside a pocket of Martinez.

Police Inspector Jaime Estrella, a member of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Unit at NAIA, said Martinez was brought to Camp Crame, headquarters of the Philippine National Police, after the incident.

Estrella said the glass tube would be tested to determine if it had been used in sniffing shabu.

Martinez is also reportedly set to undergo drug testing, the official added.

He faces charges of illegal possession of drug paraphernalia

Facts of the Case (Part II)

Ex-matinee idol tests

positive for 'shabu'

Posted: 6:03 PM (Manila Time) | Apr. 27, 2004

By Joel Francis Guinto

INQ7.net

FORMER matinee idol William Martinez is facing charges for allegedly using an illegal drug after he tested positive for metamphetamine hydrochloride or "shabu," an official of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) told INQ7.net Tuesday.

"The Philippine National Police (PNP) crime laboratory found traces of shabu in his urine sample," Mabutas said, adding the residue of the banned drug was also found in the glass pipe or "tooter" recovered from Martinez, when he was arrested at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) last Saturday while on his way to Dipolog City in Zamboanga del Norte province with his family.

A separate report on radio station dzRH said the Department of Health in its own test confirmed that the actor used "shabu."

Martinez had posted a 40,000-bail on the charge of illegal possession of drug paraphernalia.

Mabutas said Martinez could also post bail for drug possession before a Pasay City court, where they would file the charge. He added the court could also order Martinez to undergo rehabilitation.

The dzRH report said the rehabilitation program could last up to six months.

Mabutas said it was "most probable" that Martinez took "shabu" before going to the airport.

Martinez was a popular teen star in the 1980s. With a report from Lira Dalangin-Fernandez

Facts of the Case (Part III)

Ex-actor Martinez charged

with drug use at Pasay court

Posted: 4:24 PM (Manila Time) | Apr. 28, 2004

By Joel Francis Guinto

INQ7.net

THE PHILIPPINE Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) filed a case against former matinee idol William Martinez for allegedly using illegal drugs before the Pasay City prosecutor's office, a PDEA official told INQ7.net on Wednesday.

The PDEA charged Martinez with violating Section 15, Article II of Republic Act 9615, banning the use of illegal drugs, Senior Superintendent Orlando Mabutas, PDEA director for Metro Manila said.

Martinez is also facing charges for illegal possession of drug paraphernalia, for which, he had posted a 40,000-peso bail bond.

Mabutas said it was up to the Pasay court to set bail for the new charge against the actor.

On Tuesday, Martinez's urine sample and the glass pipe or "tooter" confiscated from him at the Centennial Airport last Saturday tested positive for metamphetamine hydrochloride or "shabu."

Facts of the Case (Part IV)

Actor Martinez acquitted of drug charge

Updated 11:09pm (Mla time) Dec 08, 2004

By Nancy Carvajal

Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on page A22 of the December 9, 2004 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

ACTOR William Martinez was acquitted of a drug charge yesterday by a Pasay City judge who found the case against him "legally weak."

In a 23-page decision, Judge Eleuterio F. Guerrero ruled that the case against Martinez was full of loopholes.

Guerrero found the prosecution's evidence on the improvised tooter, a tube used to sniff shabu, allegedly seized from Martinez on April 24 at the Centennial Terminal of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, unreliable and unconvincing.

Tooter in question

The decision further stated that the prosecution, led by 2nd Assistant Prosecutor Artemio Puti, failed to identify the glass tube presented in court as the same improvised tooter allegedly seized from the accused.

The actor was on his way to Dakak resort in Zamboanga del Norte with his wife, Yayo Aguila, last April when he was apprehended after a routine body search allegedly yielded a tooter in his possession.

The judge also noted that while the actor

had been subjected to a drug test and was found to be positive for methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu, such evidence did not satisfy the requirement of proof of moral certainty that Martinez had indeed used shabu.

Damages

Guerrero also directed the court to return to Martinez the amount of P50,000 he had posted for his temporary liberty during the duration of the trial.

Martinez, who turned up in a polo barong and black pants, gamely posed with his wife for souvenir pictures, following a request from some members of the court staff.

Lets ponder on the following after being "surprised" by the WILLIAM MARTINEZ ACQUITTAL:

(1) With this kind of decision from our courts of justice, can we really solve the drug menace?

(2) With the finding that our drug enforcers have blundered with evidence to ensure "walk in the park" conviction, what can we expect from our anti-narcotic efforts.

(3) With the resulting acquittal, can we say that there is equal justice?

I have a few questions to these parties:

(1) to the acquitting judge - __________________________?

(2) to the Police Inspector Jaime Estrella - Isnt it time for you to resign?

(3) to the defense lawyer - ___________________________?

(4) to William Martinez - Are you sure that this will be the last time?

(5) to Yayo Aguila Martinez - Are you proud of what happened?

(6) to legal practitioners who took an oath to uphold the law - what shall we do?

hello again,

just wanted to confirm something... i just heard from my sister that the name of an illegitimate child doesn't have a middle name... is that true? if so, my son's is using the same middle name as i am using so what should i do? do i need to have it changed? what about his previous records?.. i'll be waiting for your response.. thanks :)

Help! I'm getting this error out of my app in vb.net

ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.17-nt]General driver defined error

it's .NET connecting to an external mysql DB

am simply inserting a record to it, like so...

Dim con As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(conn)

Dim cmd As OdbcCommand = New OdbcCommand("INSERT INTO SMS_QUEUE (Recipient, Send_date,Msg_1,Msg_2,app_code) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?)", con)

cmd.Parameters.Add("@Recipient", OdbcType.VarChar, 11).Value = "09178550207"

cmd.Parameters.Add("@Send_date", OdbcType.DateTime, 8).Value = Now

cmd.Parameters.Add("@Msg_1", OdbcType.VarChar, 160).Value = Msg

cmd.Parameters.Add("@Msg_2", OdbcType.VarChar, 160).Value = Msg2

cmd.Parameters.Add("@app_code", OdbcType.VarChar, 20).Value = "GITS2"

con.Open()

cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

cmd.Connection.Close()

any ideas?

Guys meron akong pirated na WinXP Pro installed sa PC ko. Upgraded na siya using the WinXP SP1. Nagamitan ko na ng cracking utility ang WinXP SP1 kaya nainstall ko siya ng maayos.  My problem is, sinubukan ko na mag-install ng WinXP SP2 na nakuha ko sa Microsoft site. Then all of a sudden pumangit ang performance ng system ko. Palaging nakaka-experience ng system crash at ang ibang apps at games ko ay biglang bumagal. My computer uses and Athlon XP 1900+ with 512MB of RAM (DDR333), my video card is an ATI Radeon 9600 with 256MB of video RAM.

I reinstall my system and reinstalled the SP1 of WinXp. Ok na uli tulad ng dati, walang slowdowns or system crashes. My question is, meron ba ako dapat gawin para ma-install nang maayos ang SP2?

i suggest that you uninstall the sp2. di kasi ganun kadali ang maginstall ng sp2 eh... may mga sepcifications pa yan... even the processor should be look at too. trust me i know this.. tech support ako eh.. bwehehehehehe

Hello folks.  I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I recently installed Norton 2005, but I can't get virus definition updates.  Should I subscribe online ($25) or is there a way to fix this?  The system status says the renewal date is December 8, 2005.  It says the account is current.  But I still can't get updates.  There are instructions from Symantec on what to do, but nothing has worked thus far.

cant get updates? pirated ba yan o orig/liscenced?

uninstall/reinstall it first. then try to get updates... or beter yet... call symantec