Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

hey guys...i need your help - the battery of my laptop (an acer travelmate 212TX) is already drained out (its still the orginal one). Somebody told me that i could replace the original metal hydride batteries with lithium ion - as in break open the battery pack get the old batteries and replace them with new ones. Can you confirm this?

If this is workable can you suggest a shop which does this?

thanks in advance.

hey fellow legal manyaks...i just won my first case at the supreme court...it really felt great reading the resolution...abangan nyo na lang, 13 october 2004 GR No.164456..i was counsel for the respondent...sarap ng feeling!

hmmm, sikat ka na :) Congrats!!!!

Noon nasa law school pa kami, pag lumitaw na daw yon pangalan mo sa Supreme Court Decision, (SCRA) sikat ka na!!! :)

Sana ako rin :) Congrats!!

Edited by civilcode
hey guys...i need your help - the battery of my laptop (an acer travelmate 212TX) is already drained out (its still the orginal one).  Somebody told me that i could replace the original metal hydride batteries with lithium ion - as in break open the battery pack get the old batteries and replace them with new ones.  Can you confirm this?

If this is workable can you suggest a shop which does this?

thanks in advance.

Wala akong masyadong alam sa laptops pero in my personal opinion I think you are better off buying a new battery pack rather than dismatle the packs themselves. It might prove to be much more reasonable and much more cost effective in buying a new battery pack. But then again, it's just my opinion...

yung pinsan ko may gustong malaman, buti na lang meron thread like this.

kasi she has this boyfriend na married, pero 3 years ng hiwalay sa wife nya.His wife left for US kasama yung 2 daughters nya.Actually 2 times n kasing nadeny yung visa application nung guy kaya ang agreement nila nung wife nya mauuna na yung girl saka kids tapos susunod na lang yung guy. okay naman daw relationship nila kaya first 3 months super call pa ang both parties, alam ang address, fone sa office and sa bahay. pero after 6 months daw nagpalit ng fone sa bahay, walang call sa kanya at lumipat na ng work yung girl.

Ngayon parang ayaw na nung girl na makausap yung husband nya.parang pinagtataguaan n sya. my cousin met this guy and they are inlove with each other. since nasa US na yung wife and ayaw na sa kanya, oaano kaya ang magiging legal process para mapakasalan nya yung cousin ko?

thanks.

yung pinsan ko may gustong malaman, buti na lang meron thread like this.

kasi she has this boyfriend na married, pero 3 years ng hiwalay sa wife nya.His wife left for US kasama yung 2 daughters nya.Actually 2 times n kasing nadeny yung visa application nung guy kaya ang agreement nila nung wife nya mauuna na yung girl saka kids tapos susunod na lang yung guy.  okay naman daw relationship nila kaya first 3 months super call pa ang both parties, alam ang address, fone sa office and sa bahay. pero after 6 months daw nagpalit ng fone sa bahay, walang call sa kanya at lumipat na ng work yung girl.

Ngayon parang ayaw na nung girl na makausap yung husband nya.parang pinagtataguaan n sya. my cousin met this guy and they are inlove with each other. since nasa US na yung wife and ayaw na sa kanya, oaano kaya ang magiging legal process para mapakasalan nya yung cousin ko?

thanks.

Pa annulled muna yon Kasal niya para wala legal impediment, kasi kung magpapakasal siya without annulment of marriage, later on magkakaproblema siya.

Pa annulled muna yon Kasal niya para wala legal impediment, kasi kung magpapakasal siya without annulment of marriage, later on magkakaproblema siya.

paano kukunin yung consent ng wife nya kung pinagtataguan na sya?what if mauna magpakasal yung girl sa US pwede ba yun?

pag nagpakasal sa foreigner yung girl sa US libre n ba yung husband nya dito?

what if ayaw na makipagusap sa kanaya nung wife nya? what if magasaw yung wife nya ng foreigner sa US? ibig sabihin free na yung guy dito sa phils since may asawa ng iba yung wife nya sa US?

In filing a case in court or Petition the consent of the other parties are not needed. The action the wife such negligence in her part can be used as a ground to prove your case.

Even if the his wife contracted marriage in the other country and still she is a Filipino Citizen same rule apply, in the eyes of law, the second marriage is void.

In filing a  case in court or Petition the consent of the other parties are not needed. The action the wife such negligence in her part can be used as a ground to prove your case.

Even if the his wife contracted marriage in the other country and still she is a Filipino Citizen same rule apply,  in the eyes of law, the second marriage is void.

pero what if she became american citizen, does this mean free na yung guy to marry again or he still have to file the case?

thanks for your opinion.  if i opt to buy a new battery pack- is there shop here in metro manila which sells battery packs as my laptop is already an old model (circa 2001).

No problem. Kasi ang sa akin lang eh kung minsan mas makakatipid ka kung bibili ka ng brand new, especially with computers. Mas madalas kapag nasirang piyesa sa computer at ginawan ng remedyo ay mas lalong napapadalas ang breakdown niya.... Again don't be afraid to ask questions :)

edzabu,

Musta na? Parang may masamang balak ka naman dyan. :boo:

Anyway, crime of seduction is classified into two, namely:

1. qualified and

2. simple or plain seduction.

Seduction is committed by enticing a woman to "sexual intercourse" by promise of marriage or other means of persuasion without use of force.

A. Qualified seduction, as provided in the Revised Penal Code, is committed through any of the following acts:

1. Seduction of a virgin over 12 years and under 18 years of age by certain persons, such as a person in authority, priest, teacher; and :huh:

2. Seduction of a sister by her brother, or descendant by her ascendant, regardless of her age or rep*tation. :huh:

B. Simple seduction is committed if:

the offended woman is single or a widow of good rep*tation, over 12 and under 18 years of age, the offender has carnal knowledge of her, and the offender resorted to deceit to be able to consummate the sexual intercourse with her.

:huh:

(Take note though that if the offended party is below 12 years old, then it is considered statutory rape even if there was consent.)

Rape, on the other hand, is committed:

1) By a man who shall have carnal knowledge of a woman under any of the following circumstances:

a) Through force, threat, or intimidation;

B) When the offended party is deprived of reason or otherwise unconscious;

c) By means of fraudulent machination or grave abuse of authority; and

d) When the offended party is under twelve (12) years of age or is demented, even though none of the circumstances mentioned above be present. (Statutory Rape) :huh:

2) By any person who, under any of the circumstances mentioned in paragraph 1 hereof, shall commit an act of sexual assault by inserting:

a. his penis (man) into another person's (man or woman) mouth or anal orifice, OR

b. any instrument or object (by a man or woman) , into the genital or anal orifice of another person(man or woman. :huh:

:rolleyes:

Just point out the things you want clarified pare! :D

meron ba? alam ko wala.... :unsure:

Under the old law (Civil Code), if the illegitimate child is recognized by the father, he/she can use the surname of the father. However, under the Family Code, illegitimate children must use the surname of the mother despite proving the fact that the child is the child of the father. :angry: Some people think that this was a mistake in the sense that why deprive the child of the use of the father's surname if the father consents.

However, some others will say that you still can use the surname of the father if the father gives his consent, but I don't think they have a basis for it.

edzabu,

Musta na? Parang may masamang balak ka naman dyan.  :boo:

Anyway, crime of seduction is classified into two, namely:

1. qualified and

2. simple or plain seduction.

Seduction is committed by enticing a woman to "sexual intercourse" by promise of marriage or other means of persuasion without use of force.

A. Qualified seduction, as provided in the Revised Penal Code, is committed through any of the following acts:

1. Seduction of a virgin over 12 years and under 18 years of age by certain persons, such as a person in authority, priest, teacher; and  :huh:

2. Seduction of a sister by her brother, or descendant by her ascendant, regardless of her age or rep*tation.  :huh:

B. Simple seduction is committed if:

the offended woman is single or a widow of good rep*tation,  over 12 and under 18 years of age,  the offender has carnal knowledge of her, and  the offender resorted to deceit to be able to consummate the sexual intercourse with her.

:huh:

(Take note though that if the offended party is below 12 years old, then it is considered statutory rape even if there was consent.)

Rape, on the other hand, is committed:

1) By a man who shall have carnal knowledge of a woman under any of the following circumstances:

a) Through force, threat, or intimidation;

B) When the offended party is deprived of reason or otherwise unconscious;

c) By means of fraudulent machination or grave abuse of authority; and

d) When the offended party is under twelve (12) years of age or is demented, even though none of the circumstances mentioned above be present. (Statutory Rape) :huh:

2) By any person who, under any of the circumstances mentioned in paragraph 1 hereof, shall commit an act of sexual assault by inserting:

a. his penis (man) into another person's (man or woman) mouth or anal orifice, OR

b. any instrument or object (by a man or woman) , into the genital or anal orifice of another person(man or woman.  :huh:

:rolleyes:

Just point out the things you want clarified pare!  :D

Thanks Bokam. Are you in town?

Here's the situation: Boy(19yo) and Girl (6 mos older than boy). They were classmates in a 8-month course(caregiving). They first met nov 2003, boy just turned 18 yo that time. sometimes in april 2004 they had their first sexual intercourse at the house of boy . The boy apparently brought the girl home after a party. They became MU, the girl often visits the boy in the house and sometimes sleeps with the boy during week ends. Boy doesnt love the girl. the girls loves the boy, gives him a liitle things and sometimes loads. They dont have picture together. they dont exchange love letters just tex daw. but their classmates knew they were MU.

Problem: girl is preggy for 5mos and 1 week (ultrasound). The girls family is demanding for marriage otherwise they threatened to file a case (all applicable or will fabricate to harrass the boy and his family) against the boy. the mother of the boy doesnt want to give consent but promised to take responsibilty for the BABY. After 3 talks the girls side gave 1 week as ultimatum for the mother of boy to sign

the letter of consent for marriage license application and other stuffs to make the marriage legal. Firt they said thay want marriage for their daughter to save face. Now after learning that boy is set to go abroad with his mother they said they want assurance that boy will not "run" and leave his responsibilty.

Questions: Is there a case against the boy? Will it be bailable? Will this case be a cause for holding his departure? if he hides, does he need to appear for trial or for request for dismissal of any case filed agaist him? He has until sunday to decide whether to marry the girl he doesnt love or to face any legal battles that will come his way. Any advice would surely help him decide his fate.

Edited by edzabu
paano kukunin yung consent ng wife nya kung pinagtataguan na sya?what if mauna magpakasal yung girl sa US pwede ba yun?

pag nagpakasal sa foreigner yung girl sa US libre n ba yung husband nya dito?

mcel, hindi kailangan ang consent or participation nung wife para mag-prosper ang annulment o declaration of nullity of marriage.

ang korte lang po ang may kapangyarihang mag annul ng kasal. kaya, kahit magpakasal sa iba ang babae dito sa US, hindi po automatic na mawawalang bisa ang unang kasal (hindi pa libre yung kaibigan mo). sabay nito, magiging null and void din yung subsequent marriage nya dito sa US at dyan sa atin sa Pilipinas.

hi to everyone,

just want to ask about my son's standing in the society.

i'm a single parent, my son will turn 12 next month, his father was separated and no communication with us for 12 years now.

obviously we can call him as an illegitimate child... should he be seen by his father, whom we haven't had any contact for almost 12 years now, and demand for his right to the child... does he have the right to get him from me? please take note that he never gave any financial support to us since then... we separtated when he found out i was pregnant and was coming back to me when i was 6 months on the way, but i turned him down because i promised at my mom's death bed that illl forget about him even if he tried coming back to me..

thanks

hi to everyone,

just want to ask about my son's standing in the society.

i'm a single parent, my son will turn 12 next month, his father was separated and no communication with us for 12 years now.

obviously we can call him as an illegitimate child... should he be seen by his father, whom we haven't had any contact for almost 12 years now, and demand for his right to the child... does he have the right to get him from me? please take note that he never gave any financial support to us since then... we separtated when he found out i was pregnant and was coming back to me when i was 6 months on the way, but i turned him down because i promised at my mom's death bed that illl forget about him even if he tried coming back to me..

thanks

being illegitimate, you have sole parental authority (and of course, custody) over your child. concededly, an illegitimate father have rights over the child even if he has not seen him for many years. the opportunity to see your son and be known that he is the father is part of it. however, the father likewise have obligations which necessarily includes support. you can always demand support from him and the court will always grant it for as long as you can prove that your son needs it and that his biological father have the capacity to give.

as for your promise to your mom, that's personal. however, i still believe that raising children with both parents present is always ideal when the circumstances favor it. given the chance that his father would want to return and the feelings are still there, you might want to rethink your options. i'm sure being in the bossom of the Almighty's grace, your mom has found it in her heart to forgive. she just doesn't have the opportunity anymore to tell you to move on.

being illegitimate, you have sole parental authority (and of course, custody) over your child.  concededly, an illegitimate father have rights over the child even if he has not seen him for many years.  the opportunity to see your son and be known that he is the father is part of it.  however, the father likewise have obligations which necessarily includes support.  you can always demand support from him and the court will always grant it for as long as you can prove that your son needs it and that his biological father have the capacity to give.

as for your promise to your mom, that's personal.  however, i still believe that raising children with both parents present is always ideal when the circumstances favor it.  given the chance that his father would want to return and the feelings are still there, you might want to rethink your options.  i'm sure being in the bossom of the Almighty's grace, your mom has found it in her heart to forgive.  she just doesn't have the opportunity anymore to tell you to move on.

I agree with the advice of tee-up. In addition, I would also recommend that any action you take should be with consideration of what is best for your child. Let us not forget that decisions we parents make not only affect ourselves, but affect our children as well. Good luck.

sometimes though, its better to be sad for a while than be misserable for a lifetime.

it is always worthy to work out all marriages, but there are times when letting go is the better option to take.

having said that, i am not saying allowing divorce in the philippines is the solution.  the current legal framework can serve enough to protect those whose hearts have been bleeding by reason of their existing marriage.

nice one bro very well said