Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

I need some advice here. here's the problem.  i got married 1991 in a simple ceremony in my ex-wife's house and the very next day i left abroad to work. when i came back two years later we never had the chance to consummate the marriage coz we decided to partways. question is do i have to file for nullity or annulment?

Pls. help me out of this.

Yes, you do. As long as you guys got married, no matter how simple the marriage, and even if you guys never had sexual intercourse, you have to get a declaration of nullity for that marriage in order to get married again. The fact that you have grounds for the declaration of nullity of your marriage does not make the same work automatically in your favor, a court of law should still declare the marriage dissolved.

Guest event_horizon

not sure if this is the righ tplace to post this.. but i have heard about a bill that is being passed regarding poeple taking up nursing and being required to work at least 3 years in the philippines before being allowed to wrok abroad...

can anyone shed more light on this?? of course, only if possible...

not sure if this is the righ tplace to post this.. but i have heard about a bill that is being passed regarding poeple taking up nursing and being required to work at least 3 years in the philippines before being allowed to wrok abroad...

can anyone shed more light on this?? of course,  only if possible...

do you see anybody protesting in the streets?...nurses or owners of nursing schools? chances are wala pa...takot mawalan ng boto at pondo ang ating mga tongressista at sinators.

Yes, you do. As long as you guys got married, no matter how simple the marriage, and even if you guys never had sexual intercourse, you have to get a declaration of nullity for that marriage in order to get married again.  The fact that you have grounds for the declaration of nullity of your marriage does not make the same work automatically in your favor, a court of law should still declare the marriage dissolved.

So what should i do now bro? what steps should i take first? and how much do you think it will cost me and how long it will take?

thanks!

So what should i do now bro? what steps should i take first? and how much do you think it will cost me and how long it will take?

thanks!

1. go consult a lawyer

2. go consult a clinical psychologist (normally its the lawyer who refers the shrink)

cost? it really depends.

lawyer's fees for this kind of cases usually ranges from 100-500 thousand pesos (excluding appearance fees for each hearing and other out of the pocket costs which lawyers charge). The clinical psychologist also charges for his services usually package deal - ranges from 50 to 200K. (Beware though these fees may no longer be accurate).

case for declaration of nullity of marriage takes time....sometimes up to 3 years.

most importantly, there is no guarantee that your marriage will be declared null and void...

as for the lawyer's fees, it largely depends on your location. in some cities and provinces it can still go way below P100k (there are still some rep*table lawyers who reasonably charge within the vicinity of P30-50k for a case of declaration of nullity. again, depending on your locale, some clinical psychologist can charge P10-25k and still get the job done.

Sir Attorney:

My wife has a problem with her birth certificate, instead of female being indicated in the gender it was the other way around, could you please tell me sir, if how this be corrected, how the process & procedures will go about including the expenses, we're just quite unfortunate in terms of financial, it will be use for abroad purposes, thank you sa thread na to,

:hypocritesmiley:

In behalf of the Makati Chapter, I would like to request your presence on October 29th at the Burger Grill.... any members of the group who are in the area would be very much welcome to join our Halloween Party...

see Gimmicks Announcement Section for further details

hi guys i have this problem with photoshop. it was working perfectly fine until last week when i opened it, after loading it automatically closed. i tried reinstalling it but it's always like that. i upgraded my OS from 98 to 2k to xp nothing happened. i bought a newer version of photoshop and installed it yesterday but i still encountered the same problem. what do u think caused this? also, i uninstalled and reinstalled the newer photoshop version problem is, i forgot to write down the serial # i used. and when i used another serial #, it says its not a valid serial #. i guess i should use the 1st serial #. is there any way to get around this? thanks

Sir Attorney:

My wife has a problem with her birth certificate, instead of female being indicated in the gender it was the other way around, could you please tell me sir, if how this be corrected, how the process & procedures will go about including the expenses, we're just quite unfortunate in terms of financial, it will be use for abroad purposes, thank you sa thread na to,

:hypocritesmiley:

poosy-sniper,

You have to do it the harder and longer way as against the fast and summary process provided in RA 9048. Corrections in the nature of change of sex is one of the exceptions in RA 9048.

In RA 9048 , you only have to file a petition before the civil registrar together with the required documents and after a period of at least one month (ideally 14 days for the publication which is once a week for two consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation; 10 days posting in the bulletin board; and 5 days to render a decision) before the process is completed.

Since it is correction of entries in the birth certificate relating to the sex of the petitioner, you will have to go to the courts (Regional trial Court) which will take longer. You will be required to cause the publication of the petition for once a week for three consecutive weeks. Then you will present your evidence. You will most definitely need the services of a lawyer although professional services will be cheaper compared to the other adversarial type of cases.

Mr. Lawyers,

Help naman please. Medyo iba itong sitwasyon namin. We would like to recall the Barangay Captain in our place. Would you know of any lawyer who specializes in recall? We'd like to find out what our options are:

1. Is it feasible to do a recall now even if there is still no official declaration that there will be no barangay elections next year.

2. How much would a recall lawyer cost?

3. Would a recall prosper considering the present state of COMELEC? e.g. no funds, no personnel to handle etc...

4. What is the usual timeframe from the submission of documents up to the time the person is recalled?

Pls enlighten "US" naman. There can be more than 1.

E.G. we don't see any problems gathering majority of the signatures.

Salamatski

hi guys i have this problem with photoshop. it was working perfectly fine until last week when i opened it, after loading it automatically closed. i tried reinstalling it but it's always like that. i upgraded my OS from 98 to 2k to xp nothing happened. i bought a newer version of photoshop and installed it yesterday but i still encountered the same problem. what do u think caused this? also, i uninstalled and reinstalled the newer photoshop version problem is, i forgot to write down the serial # i used. and when i used another serial #, it says its not a valid serial #. i guess i should use the 1st serial #. is there any way to get around this? thanks

Subukan mo mag-perform ng scandisk or norton disk doctor. Baka may bad cluster na pinaglalagyan ang photoshop software mo even kung reinstall mo siya.

then after you scandisk, defrag using disk defragmenter or norton speed disk. another cause kung bakit nagsasara agad ang p[hotoshop mo ay maaring konti na alng ang hard disk space mo para sa swap file. Try to uninstall some programs.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply ill try that.. sa disk space.. malaki pa free space ko siguro mga 16gig pa.. may error message nga pala sya nakalagay .. scratch file is at the same directory with windows it may cause some problems.. di ko maalala exact message.. pano ko ba ililipat yung scratch file sa ibang directory? tapos may message pa na photoshop encountered hardware problems and it is irrecoverable..

Mr. Lawyers,

Help naman please. Medyo iba itong sitwasyon namin. We would like to recall the Barangay Captain in our place. Would you know of any lawyer  who specializes in recall?  We'd like to find out what our options are:

1. Is it feasible to do a recall now even if there is still no official declaration that there will be no barangay elections next year.

2. How much would a recall lawyer cost?

3. Would a recall prosper considering the present state of COMELEC? e.g. no funds, no personnel to handle etc... 

4. What is the usual timeframe from the submission of documents up to the time the person is recalled?

Pls enlighten "US" naman. There can be more than 1.

E.G. we don't see any problems gathering majority of the signatures.

Salamatski

1. Yes, possible the prohibition of recall election is, one year before or/ one year after Barangay Election.

2. I think no Lawyer will post his/her answer for obvious reason.

3. Will not affect for filling action.

4. hmm, refer No.#1

To the legal eagles,

I lent a person money three years ago (quite a huge sum) and in return, she signed a promissory note to pay me back after a year. She also gave me 5 post-dated checks to serve as installment payments for the loan.

Now the date for the post-dated checks to be deposited came, but through her insistent "pakiusap" that I don't deposit the checks yet as she couldn't fund them yet, I obliged.

Time passed and the six-month life of the checks passed without me depositing any of them. And it's been two years and I believe the person no longer had intentions of repaying me.

All I have now are the promissory note she signed plus five checks dated two yeas ago but were not deposited. I know that had I deposited them and they bounced, I would have a more potent legal weapon. But with the current situation, what are my legal options to go after the debt?

Thanks...

To the legal eagles,

I lent a person money three years ago (quite a huge sum) and in return, she signed a promissory note to pay me back after a year. She also gave me 5 post-dated checks to serve as installment payments for the loan.

Now the date for the post-dated checks to be deposited came, but through her insistent "pakiusap" that I don't deposit the checks yet as she couldn't fund them yet, I obliged.

Time passed and the six-month life of the checks passed without me depositing any of them. And it's been two years and I believe the person no longer had intentions of repaying me.

All I have now are the promissory note she signed plus five checks dated two yeas ago but were not deposited. I know that had I deposited them and they bounced, I would have a more potent legal weapon. But with the current situation, what are my legal options to go after the debt?

Thanks...

You still demand payment for the said amount, by filling a civil case in court payment of sum of money.

Using the Promissory notes and checks as evidence.

But first demand payment in writing :D