Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Mr. E.

Republic Act 9255 which amended Art 176 of the Family Code provides that:

"Article 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code.

However, illegitimate children may use the surname of their father IF their filiation has been expressly recognized by the father through the record of birth appearing in the civil register, or when an admission in a public document or private handwritten instrument is made by the father.

Provided, the father has the right to institute an action before the regular courts to prove non-filiation during his lifetime. The legitime of each illegitimate child shall consist of one-half of the legitime of a legitimate child."

For the procedure on how to change the illegitimate child's surname, I advise that you hire a lawyer. He/She would know the procedure for it.

Sa mga Lawyers, I need an advice. Here is my situation.

I received a final letter from a certain Law Office. There was no first and second letter from them. The letter is a demand that I have an overdue unpaid amount from a cable company amounting to 1,358.50. I was shocked when i first received this letter, because as far as I can remember, it was already paid. I was already disconnected from the cable company since 2001. and i have not received any bill from the cable company stating my due payment.

I called the law office, left my office number, since the handling lawyer was not present at the time that i called. I have not received any call from them. Then today, i received another letter, a final demand letter asking me to go to their office or else they will file a case.

ano ba dapat kong gawin? alam ko bayad na to lahat. and wala na sa akin ang mga receipts to prove it. but, the funny is, di man lang ako nakakatangap ng letter mula sa cable company before, for 3 years. ito agad ang natangap ko.

Money making scheme ba nila to? advice naman please. i was really pissed off sa law office na yan. they demand, but when i left my office number which their secretary said that they will call back, then wala akong tawag natangap. tapos letter natangap ko. thank you.

thanks for the reply ill try that.. sa disk space.. malaki pa free space ko siguro mga 16gig pa..  may error message nga pala sya nakalagay .. scratch file is at the same directory with windows it may cause some problems.. di ko maalala exact message.. pano ko ba ililipat yung scratch file sa ibang directory? tapos may message pa na photoshop encountered hardware problems and it is irrecoverable..

kamusta na? anong nangyari na sa iyo? may problem pa rin ba ang photoshop mo?

Sa mga Lawyers, I need an advice. Here is my situation.

I received a final letter from a certain Law Office. There was no first and second letter from them. The letter is a demand that I have an overdue unpaid amount from a cable company amounting to 1,358.50. I was shocked when i first received this letter, because as far as I can remember, it was already paid. I was already disconnected from the cable company since 2001. and i have not received any bill from the cable company stating my due payment.

I called the law office, left my office number, since the handling lawyer was not present at the time that i called. I have not received any call from them. Then today, i received another letter, a final demand letter asking me to go to their office or else they will file a case.

ano ba dapat kong gawin? alam ko bayad na to lahat. and wala na sa akin ang mga receipts to prove it. but, the funny is, di man lang ako nakakatangap ng letter mula sa cable company before, for 3 years. ito agad ang natangap ko.

Money making scheme ba nila to? advice naman please. i was really pissed off sa law office na yan. they demand, but when i left my office number which their secretary said that they will call back, then wala akong tawag natangap. tapos letter natangap ko. thank you.

First, answer the demand letter tell them that you have already paid your dues attached to the answer is the payment receipt.

if they still demand for payment and you truthly believe that you already paid the said amount, DO NOT PAY. Let them file an action against you, sooner or later the court will decided in your favor, then you can demand for damages :)

First,  answer the demand letter tell them that you have already paid your  dues attached to the answer is the payment receipt.

if they still demand for payment and you truthly believe that you already paid the said amount, DO NOT PAY. Let them file an action against you, sooner or later the court will decided in your favor, then you can demand for damages :)

thanks for the reply. the problem is, i already threw away the receipts, since it was 3 years ago. i called them up, but they never give any return call. and wala akong natatangap na bill galing sa cable company since 2001 to today.

would they be filling charges just for a 1,300+ due? cuz i believe, filing in court would initially cost them 1500 today.

so di nalang ako magbabayad and just explain to them my side?

To the Lawyers,

Kung ang mag asawa po ay gustong maghiwalay (divorce, annullment) ano po ba ang dapat nilang gawin kung aside sa kasal nila sa ibang bansa (civil wedding) ay nagpakasal rin sa simbahan sa Pilipinas?

Sa ibang bansa po kasi walang problema kasi may divorce at dun din ang unang kasal. Ang problema po ay sa Pilipinas. Kailangan pa rin bang magpa annull? In terms of protection ng assets dapat pa bang kumuha ng annullment? or Okay ng madivorce nalang sa ibang bansa?

Kung hindi po mag papa annull ng kasal sa Pilipinas, pwede pa po bang mag asawa pa rin sa ibang bansa (dahil divorced na dun)? Magkakaroon po ba ng problema yun in terms sa mga documents na hihingin ng kung sino mang magkakasal?

Salamat po.

silent kila ganon pa din eh.. nag sasarap pa din pagkatapos nya magload.. pag naka partition ba ang hd pwedeng yung drive c lang ang iformat?

if ur hdd is partitioned into two, namely c, d drives, yes you can delete and repartition drive c without touching anythin on drive d...

done so a coupe of times, due to viral, if not fault in os installs.

i remember, you should put your scratch files of photoshop on a different drive, say drive d, so as not no damage drive c, the os drive...

reinstall evrything, including photoshop, but put the scratch file on d...

thanks nonie.. how can i transfer the scratch files to a different drive?

Photoshop scratch disk location is specified in one of the Preferences dialog boxes. Look for the "Scratch Disk" choice. When you get there you'll see the dropdowns to specify placement.

Probably says "C\:" now... change to [whatever address your other partition is ]. It will be in the dropdown list. You'll need to exit/restart PS for this to take effect.

hope this will fix your issue... :headsetsmiley:

To the Lawyers,

Kung ang mag asawa po ay gustong maghiwalay (divorce, annullment) ano po ba ang dapat nilang gawin kung aside sa kasal nila sa ibang bansa (civil wedding) ay nagpakasal rin sa simbahan sa Pilipinas?

Sa ibang bansa po kasi walang problema kasi may divorce at dun din ang unang kasal. Ang problema po ay sa Pilipinas. Kailangan pa rin bang magpa annull? In terms of protection ng assets dapat pa bang kumuha ng annullment? or Okay ng madivorce nalang sa ibang bansa?

Kung hindi po mag papa annull ng kasal sa Pilipinas, pwede pa po bang mag asawa pa rin sa ibang bansa (dahil divorced na dun)? Magkakaroon po ba ng problema yun in terms sa mga documents na hihingin ng kung sino mang magkakasal?

Salamat po.

Tanong lang Pilipino ka ba??? at yon Spouse mo Pilipino rin ba??

kailagan yon para masagot yon tanong mo, Kung parehas kayo pinoy kailagan mag file kayo ng annullment case, para makapag asawa ulit ibang case pag ang other spouse ay foreigner. :)

Mr. E.

Republic Act 9255 which amended Art 176 of the Family Code provides that:

"Article 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code.

However, illegitimate children may use the surname of their father IF their filiation has been expressly recognized by the father through the record of birth appearing in the civil register, or when an admission in a public document or private handwritten instrument is made by the father.

Provided, the father has the right to institute an action before the regular courts to prove non-filiation during his lifetime. The legitime of each illegitimate child shall consist of one-half of the legitime of a legitimate child."

For the procedure on how to change the illegitimate child's surname, I advise that you hire a lawyer. He/She would know the procedure for it.

bokam,

my case is somewhat similar to Mr. E's...hence my concerns are...

first, can you please put your reply above in layman's term...for my further understanding...

secondly, what specific type of lawyers do i need to talk to?

do you have any contacts? how much (on average) does this cost to hire such lawyers (even just for asking the procedures)?

thanks,

Tanong lang Pilipino ka ba??? at yon Spouse mo Pilipino rin ba??

kailagan yon para masagot yon tanong mo, Kung parehas kayo pinoy kailagan mag file kayo ng annullment case, para makapag asawa ulit ibang case pag ang other spouse ay foreigner. :)

Hindi po ako ang involved..(thank God for that) :)

and yes they are both Filipino. actually less than three weeks ago lang yung church wedding nila sa Pinas (although kasal na sila sa ibang bansa for 2 years, civil rites). It was the guy who had an affair. Matagal po ba na proseso yun? Kung di po sila magpa annull dyan, may karapatan pa ba ang lalaki sa babae kahit divorced na sila sa ibang bansa?

thank you po sa tulong.

Hindi po ako ang involved..(thank God for that) :)

and yes they are both Filipino. actually less than three weeks ago lang yung church wedding nila sa Pinas (although kasal na sila sa ibang bansa for 2 years, civil rites). It was the guy who had an affair. Matagal po ba na proseso yun? Kung di po sila magpa annull dyan, may karapatan pa ba ang lalaki sa babae kahit divorced na sila sa ibang bansa?

thank you po sa tulong.

Article 15 of the Civil Code Provides that, Laws relating to Family Rights and Duties, or to the status, condition and legal capacity of persons are binding upon citizens of the Philippines, even through living abroad.

Since both Spouses are Filipino Citizen, Therefore the laws that will apply are the Philippine Laws.

Since under Philippine laws does not recognize Divorce here in the Philippines, any Divorce decree sought from other Country will not have any valid and binding here in the Philippines.

However, every rules there is an exception, such rule will not apply to Filipino married to a Foreigner.

The only remedy for the Filipino couple to remarry again is to secure an annulment.

This is the rules that will apply, BASE ON THE FACTS GIVEN!! Other facts added or omitted may or may not have same result or conclusion.

Annulment case is a long and expensive procedure :) thats a fact!!!

Edited by civilcode
You still demand payment for the said amount, by filling a civil case in court payment of sum of money.

Using the Promissory notes and checks as evidence.

But first demand payment in writing  :D

Thanks for the advice!

Usually how much would I need to spend in going through such a process, in terms of lawyers' fees, court fees, etc.? So that I can decide that despite the costs and effort, it would still be worthwhile to pursue in court the amount I was owed... :unsure:

Article 15 of the Civil Code Provides that, Laws relating to Family Rights and Duties, or to the status, condition and legal capacity of persons are binding upon citizens of the Philippines, even through living abroad.

Since  both Spouses are Filipino Citizen, Therefore the laws that will apply are the Philippine Laws.

Since under Philippine laws does not recognize Divorce here in the Philippines, any Divorce decree sought from other Country will not have any valid and binding here in the Philippines.

However, every rules there is an exception, such rule will not apply to Filipino married to a Foreigner.

The only remedy for the Filipino couple to remarry again is to secure an annulment.       

This is the rules that will apply,  BASE ON THE FACTS GIVEN!! Other facts added or omitted may or may not have same result or conclusion.

Annulment case is a long and expensive procedure :) thats a fact!!!

thank you for the information.