Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Apache, Postfix, Squid.

panong help ba kelangan mo? step-by-step o yung pupuntahan ka?

yes, what sort of help do you guys need? if i remember correctly, if you install redhat as a server all this applications will already be installed. ;) the same goes for most of the linux distributions.

Hi,

I kinda need legal advice but have not the resources to pay for one, so I hope you would extend to me the same hospitality you extend to all of the members of MTC who comes here asking for help.

My son is in the Phil right now, and sensing my longing for my son, my bro-in-law-to-be and my sis offered to adopt my son, In order for him to come here at the soonest possible time.

It would take me 3 to 4 years, i guess, to petition my son to come here, whereas they could bring my child here within six months after the adoption. I have researched adoption laws, and it says that they should establish the incapacity of the parent to support the child.

Now my question is, will it be possible for them to adopt and bring my baby here, wouldn't it raise eyebrows in the the Phil Embassy, since I am amply providing my sons needs. And what and how long is the adoption process. What laws do we follow, the law here, or the Phil. adoption law?

Thanks in advance.

broke,

I personally avoided giving you legal advice on adoption laws as the same is very very sensitive. It involves not only the mental, physical and emotional constitution of the parents, but of other parties as well, including the child who is to be adopted. I assume that is also the reason why my fellow panyeros here at MTC took a long while before responding to your queries.

However, part of giving legal advice is probing into the intent of the person seeking the advice, so that we lawyers can give proper counsel. From your question, it appears that your primary motive is to bring your biological child to the U.S. so that you can be together. The simple way to go about this is to go through US immigration laws and not to try and circumvent the same. There are reasons for those laws and why they make take so long.

Having your child adopted by your sister and prospective brother-in-law, while it may seem a proactive solution at this time, may have deleterious effects for you and all concerned in the future. Once relinquishing your parental rights over your child, your sister and her spouse then exercises parental authority over the said child. If your sis and her spouse decide to move to another state, and decide to exercise their parental rights over your child, is it okay that they bring along your child with them? If your child decides to stay with them, since you have said that you are not that financial well off, and presumably your sister is, is that okay with you?

Also, that child then would have legal rights over the properties of your sis and her spouse, presumably the same legal rights as the legitimate natural children-to-be of your sis and her spouse. Is that okay with your sis?

What if your sis and her spouse divorce in the future and they fight over the custody of the child? Are you willing to let that happen to your child?

I am not saying that these things will happen, nor that they are likely to happen. All I am saying is that these things may happen, and they will definitely affect you, your sis, her spouse, and most importantly, your innocent child whose future is being decided now, without his complete participation and consent.

Please think about the course of action you will take on this matter as it involves people who you love. The problem is how to get your son close to you in the least amount of time, the solution may not be adoption.

OK!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

i gotta start looking for the stuffs that i might need...

any of you guys may alam kung san me makakakuha ng mga gadget listed below:

--transmitter-reciever na gadget(hmmm yung kagay ng nilagay ng FBI dun sa 2 kotse sa film 2fast 2furious kung natatandaan nyo....)

GPRS / GIS softwares

lam nyo sa totoo lang prang gusto ko na talaga magback out dito... kasi its like i'm taking ALL the responsibilities sa thesis nmin.... gusto ko na nga iwan mga groupmates ko e... kung d ko lang tropa ung mga un.... I'd be really glad kung pati dito sa problem ko regarding sa pagbaback out ko may maitututlong kayo... THANKS A LOT.... :blush: :blush:

yes, what sort of help do you guys need? if i remember correctly, if you install redhat as a server all this applications will already be installed. ;) the same goes for most of the linux distributions.

I need a step by step procedure... I'm not that familiar with Redhat Linux... Pls. help me. Thanks. :)

I need a step by step procedure... I'm not that familiar with Redhat Linux... Pls. help me. Thanks. :)

ok... as i've said before... if you install redhat as a server, apache and sendmail are included by default. the proxy package is also in the disk you just have to check the package to include it in the installation.

now if you didn't install your redhat as a server or you dont want to do a reinstallation, extreme has posted some articles above. i suggest you read 'em first.

;)

broke,

i agree with my panero, cruiser007. there are other solutions to your problem aside from adoption. adoption is a short-term solution to your problem which invites a lot of problems in the future which will surely affect your relationship with your son, sis and bro-in-law, as explained by my panero.

I got another problem:

My sis was playing SIMS and then it hung up. When we rebooted the PC all the icons are damn big. I tried to set it up on the "customize my desktop" thingie but I couldnt get the old size. I cant get it right. It either shows my desktop in a screen within a screen. You guys get what I mean?

By the way, I'm using a Tornado geforce 4 mx440-8x 128mb video card.

Edited by dj_flip03

The speed of the annulment sometimes is also at the mercy of the lawyer and/or the availability of the parties concerned and the court hearings availability. Mine took 2 years to finish, probably would have been more if I wasnt so fed up with my lawyer and threw wads of extra cash just to finish the damn thing. I'm referring to the legal annulment. Anyone know how to process the church annulment though or where I can ask for it? Has anyone actually gone through a church annulment. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

dagdag lang....

there are some courts in metro manila who resolves annulment cases in a year or less and some courts in more than two years. it depends on the judge handling the case.

if there are properties involve or the custody of the children is an issue, then these will also delay the resolution of the case.

p5yf3r,

on your 1st question, it depends upon your lawyer...usually in annulment cases, the naka-package na yong legal fees, kasama na sa package and professional fees ng clinical psyhcologists or psychiatrist.

on your 2nd question, if you are not married in church and your marriage was annulled, then pwede ka mag-asawa ulit.

There could be several reasons for your problem please post your operating system, (windows xp ba?). For a start try to un-install the drivers for your videocard this will reset your computer to use the windows supplied driver then re-install the newest driver you can find on the net. hope this helps.

I consider myself to be reasonably well informed/knowledgeable about computers but am fascinated by the concept of overclocking the processor but lack information on this. Can anyone explain in layman's terms how this is accomplished? What tools will I need? What are the risks involved if I overclock.

FYI, I have a P4 2.8 ghz HT 556 DDR RAM running windows XP.

Thanks in advance!

let's use the old athlon processors as an example. say, an athlon 1.2Ghz

processor with 100Mhz FSB.

1.2Ghz or 1200Mhz is the speed of the processor

100Mhz is the speed which the processor communicates with the rest of system, most notably the memory.

we can see that the processor is 12X faster than the FSB.

most, if not all, motherboards will have the ff settings in the BIOS:

FSB - speed which the processor communicates with the rest of the system. in our case 100Mhz

CPU to FSB Multiplier - how much faster is the processor compared to the FSB. in our case 12X

the speed which your processor operates is dependent on these two values.

100Mhz x 12 = 1200Mhz = 1.2Ghz

raising any one of these values will overclock the processor.

raising just the FSB to 13X gives us 100Mhz x 13 = 1300Mhz = 1.3Ghz

raising just the multiplier to 133Mhz gives us 133Mhz x 12 = 1596Mhz or

approximately 1.6Ghz.

overclocking is almost always a possibility because processors are undersold.

most athlon xp and p4 processors sold nowadays are multiplier locked so only the FSB increase method is available to us.

hope this helps

let's use the old athlon processors as an example. say, an athlon 1.2Ghz

processor with 100Mhz FSB.

1.2Ghz or 1200Mhz is the speed of the processor

100Mhz is the speed which the processor communicates with the rest of system, most notably the memory.

we can see that the processor is 12X faster than the FSB.

most, if not all, motherboards will have the ff settings in the BIOS:

FSB - speed which the processor communicates with the rest of the system. in our case 100Mhz

CPU to FSB Multiplier - how much faster is the processor compared to the FSB. in our case 12X

the speed which your processor operates is dependent on these two values.

100Mhz x 12 = 1200Mhz = 1.2Ghz

raising any one of these values will overclock the processor.

raising just the FSB to 13X gives us 100Mhz x 13 = 1300Mhz = 1.3Ghz

raising just the multiplier to 133Mhz gives us 133Mhz x 12 = 1596Mhz or

approximately 1.6Ghz.

overclocking is almost always a possibility because processors are undersold.

most athlon xp and p4 processors sold nowadays are multiplier locked so only the FSB increase method is available to us.

hope this helps

I'd like to add something to this

With the modern Pentium 4's there are several avialable Front Side Bus setting for different processor

PENTIUM 4A RUNS ON 400 MEGAHERTZ FSB

PENTIUM 4B RUNS ON 566 MHZ FSB

PENTIUM 4C AND PRESSCOTS RUN 0N 800 MHZ FSB

FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING YOU CAN CHECK THIS ARTICLE.

TWEAK TOWNS ARTICLE ON PENTIUM 4 OC