Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

it's adware/spyware/malware, bro.

here's a cure (Spybot v1.2): www.safer-networking.org/files/spybotsd_mainapp.exe

a brief description:

"Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer, too :)"

peep, anybody encountered something like this:

i executed the regedit from the run item (before shutdown and logoff)

instead of running, the regedit automatically closes, so i suspected it must be

a trojan virus, my anti virus did not see anything.

The next thing i did was check my task manager in the process tab.

I saw a particular program that i do not recognize

Its lagoon. I ended the process and the regedit does not close.

I noticed that the lagoon is in my startup registry (run/runex).

I deleted it. And also deleted the lagoon executable file.

I don't know how it came to my pc. Maybe my family accidentally found it in

email or website.

My brother bought a D-Link Airplus Wireless PCI Adapter DWL- 520+. It was installed in my hard drive WITHOUT installing first the drivers thinking it can be installed on a later time. He misplaced the drivers. Anyway, I read the installation guide and it says do NOT install the DWL- 520+ PCI Adapter into your computer before installing the driver software on the D-Link CD. Patay hahaha. Anyway, what I did was to take out the Adapter then install the drivers. Everything went well up to that point na ikinabit na sya ulit sa hard drive ko. Nung pag boot up, dapat lalabas yung hardware installation alert screen(i'm using Windows XP Home Edition)but it didnt. So i tried going to the Add Hardware Wizard from my control panel pero wala doon sa drop down list yung D-link adapter. In short, hindi narerecognize ng windows xp ko yung hardware na yun. My question is:

Is this a windows issue/prob? If yes, then HOW do i go about it. Is there a way for me to configure windows so that the hardware installation alert screen appears each time I install a new device. Prior to this incident lumalabas naman yung alert screen na yun e. Pero ngaun hindi na.

If it's not a windows problem, what would be my next best move in order to finalize its installation?

Any recommendations? Should i buy something else other than D-link?

HELPPPP, i'm on my wit's end here :( Hindi ko na talaga alam anong gagawin :blink: Thanks in advance sa assistance.

My brother bought a D-Link Airplus Wireless PCI Adapter DWL- 520+. It was installed in my hard drive WITHOUT installing first the drivers thinking it can be installed on a later time. He misplaced the drivers. Anyway, I read the installation guide and it says do NOT install the DWL- 520+ PCI Adapter into your computer before installing the driver software on the D-Link CD. Patay hahaha. Anyway, what I did was to take out the Adapter then install the drivers. Everything went well up to that point na ikinabit na sya ulit sa hard drive ko. Nung pag boot up, dapat lalabas yung hardware installation alert screen(i'm using Windows XP Home Edition)but it didnt. So i tried going to the Add Hardware Wizard from my control panel pero wala doon sa drop down list yung D-link adapter. In short, hindi narerecognize ng windows xp ko yung hardware na yun. My question is:

Is this a windows issue/prob? If yes, then HOW do i go about it. Is there a way for me to configure windows so that the hardware installation alert screen appears each time I install a new device. Prior to this incident lumalabas naman yung alert screen na yun e. Pero ngaun hindi na.

If it's not a windows problem, what would be my next best move in order to finalize its installation?

Any recommendations? Should i buy something else other than D-link?

HELPPPP, i'm on my wit's end here :( Hindi ko na talaga alam anong gagawin :blink: Thanks in advance sa assistance.

:) why should it add a new hardware when you already installed the drivers? its already installed.

check in device manager to make sure the pc recognizes its there.

if not, try reseating the pci card, it might be loose. good luck :)

:) why should it add a new hardware when you already installed the drivers? its already installed.

check in device manager to make sure the pc recognizes its there.

if not, try reseating the pci card, it might be loose. good luck :)

yep double check mo yung device manager kung nkalist n yung d-link adapter.

you could try inserting the adapter to another pci slot.

Synthesizer & Associates and Flute Wine Bar

together with Lemon Magazine, Yehey.com and ERG

present METROSEXUALITY. Calling all the new

genre of urbane and sophisticated individuals…a

night of style, fashion, vanity and beauty

awaits all of you as we celebrate your lifestyle

in the Metro.

Be at Flute Wine Bar this coming Friday, January

23, 2004 as we groove the night away with beats

of hard house music courtesy of Flute’s resident

DJs. Free ERG drinks from 10pm to 11pm and get

to avail ERG at ‘buy one, take one promo” after

11pm.

This invitational party is sponsored by Lucky

Strike, Tower Records, Dec One and El Arte

Filipino. For free invites, please contact

Synthesizer & Associates at 7348926 or

09176292147. Look for Rommel or Laurence. You

may also email us at:

synthesizers2003@yahoo.com.

:evil: :heart:

Hi!

I'm running on a 256MB and AMD Duron 1.1. There are already many applications installed and i felt that its performance slowed.My video card is on-board. Will it help if i use another video card instead of using the onboard video card?

I'm planning to buy a desk notebook. Can you recommend what to buy?

Please help.

Thanks

Hi!

I'm running on a 256MB and AMD Duron 1.1. There are already many applications installed and i felt that its performance slowed.My video card is on-board. Will it help if i use another video card instead of using the onboard video card?

I'm planning to buy a desk notebook. Can you recommend what to buy?

Please help.

Thanks

upgrade to a vdo card(4x, 8x?)depends sa mother board mo.

add another 256mb of ram also...

i did, now my pc flies! :boo: :rolleyes: :P

post-20-1074858209.gif

hello.. i need some insights from the lawyers in the house regarding a labor question.

our company has recently been acquired by a bigger company engage in a different type of business and this was the situation a week ago. i am of the middle managers of the company that was recently been acquired.

the acquirer company thru our senior managers casdaded an information (verbally) to the middle managers, and in turn, cascaded to the rest of the rank and file employees (verbally as well) that some of our employees will be given two options, namely:

1. bail-out and get the separation pay which is 1 month for every year of service

2. a position in the new organization with a corresponding renumerations and benefits

* they will have the option to choose whether to continue working for the new organization or decide otherwise.

for those who will not be given a new assignment or position, they will be paid accordingly.

now just very recently, the acquirer company changed theirs minds and decided on the following:

- those who will no longer be needed in the new organization will be paid

- those left is automatically given a place in the organization period. if wont like it, they will have to resign. not much of an explanation was given as to why the change of heart but only that it is too costly to pay off those employees who will be potentially opting to go for the bail-out option.

so the question everyone of those employees wanting to go for the bail-out option is that if they have a legal basis to compel the acquirer company to give us their corresponding separation pay as what was verbally confirmed a week ago.

it seems there is no more room to bargain with, especially when it becomes automatic that you get a new assignment and the option left is to resign voluntarily or continue working until you find a better job at the expense of the years of service you have put up for the acquired company.

do they have a case against the company? wasn't it a bad faith in the part of the company to withdraw such an offer. was it at all binding (the verbal confirmation cascaded thru the managers) to begin with? is there any remedy available?

i really appreciate a good discussion on this matter since the announcement to this fact will be made this coming monday.

thank you. :)

i have 2 questions:

- we have a network of computers here that have dsl internet connection. why is it that one computer will have a hard time loading a page from the internet especially those with pictures? the site will load up but not complete, the blue indicator bar below IE will remain there indicating loading but will not finish loading no matter how long and i have to restart the PC just to be able to surf again. this problem occured before but disappeared again and now it's here again. it's only one computer so far. i tried 'ping' and there's a connection and other computer have connection just this one.

- there's another computer that hangs for exactly 10sec and go back to normal again. it does this several times a day. i transfer the HDD to another computer with different MOBO and other components and still does it. even a clean format didn't fix it. could it be the HDD?

thanks.

it's adware/spyware/malware, bro.

here's a cure (Spybot v1.2): www.safer-networking.org/files/spybotsd_mainapp.exe

a brief description:

"Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer, too :)"

well, Search and Destroy didnt remove it.... its still bugging me.... damn

any other suggestions???

i have 2 questions:

- we have a network of computers here that have dsl internet connection. why is it that one computer will have a hard time loading a page from the internet especially those with pictures? the site will load up but not complete, the blue indicator bar below IE will remain there indicating loading but will not finish loading no matter how long and i have to restart the PC just to be able to surf again. this problem occured before but disappeared again and now it's here again. it's only one computer so far. i tried 'ping' and there's a connection and other computer have connection just this one.

- there's another computer that hangs for exactly 10sec and go back to normal again. it does this several times a day. i transfer the HDD to another computer with different MOBO and other components and still does it. even a clean format didn't fix it. could it be the HDD?

thanks.

Baka naman sobrang dami ng PC na naka-connect... 128kbps lang yang DSL (2x usual dial-up) unless the specs says otherwise. Yung 100mbps na speed daw, bandwidth within network yan (kasama LAN card to DSL modem) hindi ng internet connection (from DSL modem palabas).

Yung HDD naman, better safe than sorry, pang games (no saved games) na lang yan.

Edited by leinad31

any body here got a cd key and a user name for the following programs?

Cool Edit Pro 2

Acid Pro 4.0

(the acid pro 4.0 got its own cd key gen, but somehow the first ten i tried didnt work. do i keep on generating, till one works? whats the deal ba here?)

i'd be really gratefull...

post-20-1074982429.gif

Edited by roxysnonie
any body here got a cd key and a user name for the following programs?

Cool Edit Pro 2

Acid Pro 4.0

(the acid pro 4.0 got its own cd key gen, but somehow the first ten i tried didnt work. do i keep on generating, till one works? whats the deal ba here?)

i'd be really gratefull...

I've download acid Pro 4.0f and install it, used this serial and it works.

7N-6ZVX1Q-TE4SBM-JEYQJX

Try the others:

7N-DK1HM2-K5L7QF-VVECL2

7N-CT36SQ-XNE5WW-RDKNZ3

While for the cool edit pro 2, you need to download the latest version now known as Adobe Audition... and used one of these keys.

1135-1388-1566-4042-4787-3868

1135-1350-2566-2746-3453-6499

1135-1140-8350-5732-9561-2961

I've download acid Pro 4.0f and install it, used this serial and it works.

7N-6ZVX1Q-TE4SBM-JEYQJX

Try the others:

7N-DK1HM2-K5L7QF-VVECL2

7N-CT36SQ-XNE5WW-RDKNZ3

While for the cool edit pro 2, you need to download the latest version now known as Adobe Audition... and used one of these keys.

1135-1388-1566-4042-4787-3868

1135-1350-2566-2746-3453-6499

1135-1140-8350-5732-9561-2961

thanks extreme!

now here's the touchy part. can they be used to register, specially acid pro 4.0?

i noticed it's 4.0f, is that an updated version?or a typo... ;)

for cool edit pro, i found the word pad in its files! comes with a name and cd key! how about that... :rolleyes: :cool:

post-20-1075048152.gif