Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

peeps! i have a concern, I currently have an ASUS DVD-rom that has regional coding (tama ba yon? :unsure: ) it had a window wherein you can check how many changes left before it finally settles into a fixed region. is there a way around this? I've tried the DVD region killer software but apparently it works only on softwares i.e. players not on the DVD rom itself. any ideas? also which brand and type of DVD-rom has no regional crap? I am also thinking of getting a DVD writer, any ideas which one should I get? is it worth it at this time and will there be any problems i.e. copyright protection stuff? thanks guys!

flash it to the newest firmware para reset ulit. then use DVD Region Free.

effective to kase nagamit ko na.

im not familiar with DVD writers at this time, pero Its not that wise to buy one now, kalalabas lang ng 4x, may 8X na agad. sayang investment. kakainin lang ng depreciation.

flash it to the newest firmware para reset ulit. then use DVD Region Free.

effective to kase nagamit ko na.

im not familiar with DVD writers at this time, pero Its not that wise to buy one now, kalalabas lang ng 4x, may 8X na agad. sayang investment. kakainin lang ng depreciation.

jupiter thanks dude but perhaps you can elaborate a bit on that? what do you mean flash it? install new drivers? firmware?

DVD region Free is a software then or a player? pardon my ignorance please, di na ako updated eh, thanks for the heads up, will wait a bit before I buy then.

Edited by vicaner
from jhic

hello! can someone here help me? i really need an inventory system program for my store and i dont know any programer who can do it for my business. i asked some companies already but they are charging me real high. anyone? or if someone out there who will be having there thesis please contact me...lets help one another...

I think I can help you out. I've been designing and developing sales and inventory systems for the past three years for different companies all over manila. The problem is I am also new to this forum and I don't know how we can get in touch with each other without announcing it to the whole forum. If you know how we can talk to each other privately, inform me.

To send a private message (PM), click on the name, lalabas ang profile ng member. Look for the send PM link. ;)

nagiging trend na din yang i-bundle yung vid card sa mobo like the sound card.

cguro...one day....we won't be replacing pc parts....we will just replace mobo. :)

what i'm really looking for is keyboard with cut, copy and paste buttons...similar to sun sparc machines.

we have been doing this key combination (ctrl+v,ctrl+c) since Windows 3.11 ata...pero no one has come up with one button copy or paste.

i have seen kb with browser shortcut or mail shortcut.

Dao shall not buy a motherboard na onboard ang video card.

Kung nabili mo na, dao shall not use the onboard video card.

Eh kung masira yung onboard? Paano papalitan yung settings nya sa bios na yung card sa AGP slot na lang ang gagamitin eh wala ka namang makita sa screen.

hello! can someone here help me? i really need an inventory system program for my store and i dont know any programer who can do it for my business. i asked some companies already but they are charging me real high. anyone? or if someone out there who will be having there thesis please contact me...lets help one another...

May nagawa nang systems analysis and design?

jupiter thanks dude but perhaps you can elaborate a bit on that? what do you mean flash it? install new drivers? firmware?

DVD region Free is a software then or a player? pardon my ignorance please, di na ako updated eh, thanks for the heads up, will wait a bit before I buy then.

flashing is re-programming the BIOS of the DVD Drive itself. it has an EEPROM inside it. it contains the data that controls the behaviour of the drive.

you can download this at ASUS.COM

DVD regionfree is a program, search the net. then download it.

Goodday Honorable Manyak Lawyers

I have a Labor issue here, we have a contract that we can not apply for another company with the same line of business (call center) within one year from your separation for the company... can they do this, can we despute this line on the contract thanks.

nagiging trend na din yang i-bundle yung vid card sa mobo like the sound card.

cguro...one day....we won't be replacing pc parts....we will just replace mobo. :)

sana nga ganito pero i doubt n ganyan ang gusto mangyari ng video card manufacturers...

ika nga ni leinad31.. thou shalt not use ur built-in video card...

bkt kamo? performance,performance and performance. ;)

pre kung wla nang warranty yung dvd-drive mo,you could try flashing it para maging region free(using a region free firmware specific for you drive). you could find the firmware here.

jupiter bro, any idea on the query I posted on the previous page re: DVD region and DVD writers? also ano yung +R and -R ? :unsure:

mats ano yung ginagamit mo na DVD writer? should i also be concerned about what DVD-R disc i use? HELP! :(

pre merong nang 8x n dvd writer, ang bad trip eh 2x lang ang max n available speed ng dvd discs dito s pinas.

regarding s +R and -R issue, i tried writing a dvd video to a DVD+R disc pero hdi nbasa ng standalone dvd player namin pero when i used DVD-R saka lang sya nbasa.i know yung DVD-R pang video pero siyempre ngbakasakali ako n mbasa ng player nmin yung DVD+R.

wait mo n lang n mgkaroon ng at least 4x blank dvd disc dito s pinas before you buy a dvd writer. at least hdi sayang ang investment mo s 8x n writer pero 2x lang ang disc mo.

Goodday Honorable Manyak Lawyers

I have a Labor issue here, we have a contract that we can not apply for another company with the same line of business (call center) within one year from your separation for the company... can they do this, can we despute this line on the contract thanks.

As long as your line of work covers the business secrets of the company and there is a danger that you will reveal their trade secrets to the other firm with similar business where you plan to transfer, that provision is valid.

Butsoy

Vic:

There are 3 region coding implementation in our system.

1. DVD-ROM

2. OS

3. Software DVD player

In my case, I bought a DVD-ROM (BTC) and a DVD burner (Pioneer).

I update the firmware to remove the region coding.

I installed DVDRegionKiller to dynamically change the region coding so other Software DVD player will see the matching region.

That should do the trick.

I create backups of my DVDs so I bought a separate DVD-ROM since it offers a faster read operation. (dumping files to HD)

If u don't have problems with ur DVD drive, don't update the firmware. Just flash the drive to remove the region code. http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

useful links:

http://www.cdfreaks.com

http://www.vcdhelp.com

peeps! i have a concern, I currently have an ASUS DVD-rom that has regional coding (tama ba yon? :unsure: ) it had a window wherein you can check how many changes left before it finally settles into a fixed region. is there a way around this? I've tried the DVD region killer software but apparently it works only on softwares i.e. players not on the DVD rom itself. any ideas? also which brand and type of DVD-rom has no regional crap? I am also thinking of getting a DVD writer, any ideas which one should I get? is it worth it at this time and will there be any problems i.e. copyright protection stuff? thanks guys!

i bought a dvd burner since i want to have a copy of my DVDs.

ayaw ko kasi ipahiram yung original since one scratch will ruin the DVD.

a lot of ppl doesn't know how to handle those discs properly.

a backup copy will only have the movie. it can fit sa regular DVD-R.

btw....DVD movies are on dual layer DVDs which can hold up to 9GB.

you cannot make an exact copy of the DVD movie since current media doesn't support dual layer burning (Pioneer says they will have one soon).

Current DVD media can hold up to 4.7GB.

if ur planning to burn data, mp3 and audio CD....there's no reason to buy a DVD burner.

DVD burner prices are falling. i got mine for 7K php. may mas mura pa....5K php.

i saw shops sa pinas (online) and they are still above 10K php.

according to fair use...u can only make backups of DVDs u bought.

Ei i got another prob on my PC.Most of the time naglo-loose contact ung IDE cable so sympre ang effect nwawala ung DRIVE,that is if Im using two HD's but when im using only one as usual nagha-hung.

Question: Bakit naglo-loose contact ung plug ng IDE cable sa HD e ang sikip-sikip nun?Isa pa sarado namn ung takip ng CPU so hindi magagalaw ung parts sa loob?Bakit ganun?

I'm using two HD's one is 40GB 7200rpm and 6.4GB 5200rpm.

I 4got to mention!Before pala my master drive is the 40GB ung OS nya is Windows XP.Now,because of the bad sectors we install Windows ME nlng BUT still the same pa rin!Nagblue-blue screen pa rin.Nabubuwisit na me sa PC ko!

if the connection is intact...then the problem most likely lies in ur HD.

u mentioned blue screen (bsod) so malamang hardware failure sya.

things to do with ur HD:

1. Perform a SCANDISK

2. U can re-install the OS after scandisk para mailagay sa non-bad block yung windows files. i had blue screen dati dahil yung paging file nasa bad block.

3. If scandisk detected a lot of bad block...better buy a new HD. you can still use the defective HD as bookend or paperweight :)

post-20-1073904992.jpg

Question

My computer gave me an error message something like... monumental error then gave me a number with lots of zeroes then said send to microsoft but was unable to send at that time how do i send it?

Nowadays whenever i try to get connected the error message says no address given what does that mean?

Thanks

Hi!

Why is it that everytime I click an item on windows explorer or just refresh it, this IE Script error appears:

-------------------------------------

An error has occured in the script on this page.

Line: 1

Char: 1

Error: Type mismatch 'main'

Code: 0

URL: file//C:\winnt\Web\folder.htt

Do you want to continue running the scripts on this page?

Yes|No

-------------------------------------

What causes this error? How can I resolve this?

Thanks

I appreciate all the tech help you guys give,

jupiter got it, thanks for elaborating a bit for me.

sago bro, thanks for the heads up with regards to the +R and -R thingie! my DVD-rom is past it's warranty but still has 3 more changes to it so i'm taking extreme's advise to not flash the firmware just yet, going to use some of the softwares you guys reccomended.

mats many thanks bro, siyempre ang plan is to back up my DVD's, iba na ang maingat! ang mahal ng bili ko no! your right about the current media only having 4.7GB capacity, how did you do it then? choose just the movie to back I mean?

Tanong ko lang kung anong pwedeng ikaso sa board of directors na nagdagdag ng authorized capital stock at hindi naghonor ng preemptive rights ng mga stockholder? Pagkatapos pinaghatiin ng board ang mga stocks. Nangyari kasi sa amin ito. Pag dating ng stockhoders meeting lumiit ang ang control namin sa companya at nabalewala ang alliance namin para palitan ang mga board of directors. :grr: