Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

a question to the pc gurus at mtc...

my system keeps on shutting down itself and hanging...

changed the vid card to gf2 and hard drive in the process due to bad sectors..

for added info... my pc is a

p4 1.7

256 ram

gf2

1 hd

1 cdrom

cant seem to trace the problem tho...

runnin on xp...

thanks.. :cool:

Hi chris_hortz,

how old is your pc?

Does it restart when you're connected to the internet?

You mentioned you changed your hard drive, how was your process of replacing? backup? using disk cloning tools?

do you often remove your hard drive from your pc? (this might cause problems in your ide cable thus caused bad sectors in your previous hd)

Check your motherboard for bulged capacitors, this might cause the problem.

Or lastly you may have a faulty power supply, the addition of new cards or hd adds load to your power requirements.

Hope this helps

B)

p4 1.7

256 ram

gf2

1 hd

1 cdrom

runnin on xp...

did you reinstall the xp os?

xp's usually remember the old system components when they got installed, so when you changed hardrive, vdo card, it does not recognize them at all, hence your pc stalls.

back up ur files somehow, and reinstall the xp os, which btx you might consider doing with the sp2 which is out already...

chris hortz.... did you try a clean install?.... try re-formatting your harddrive and

re-install your OS.... baka kasi one of your files have a virus that prompts the machine

to hang or shutdown....wag mo muna i-copy yung old files mo... see how the machine

runs during a clean install.....

isa pa... ano rating ng power supply mo? mas maganda kung 350W or above....

baka kasi di kaya ng power supply mo yung load ng motherboard and other

components.... it happened to me before nung nag-upgrade ako ng video card....

nung nagpalit ako ng PS eh OK na....

p4 1.7

256 ram

gf2

1 hd

1 cdrom

runnin on xp...

same thing happened to me..i took a gamble on 3 choices: motherboard, cpu or memory. guest what it was the motherboard

B)

Fellow members,

I would like to seek your help in finding the right resolution for my grievance against the management of TIMBERPRO PEST CONTROL, Congbalay Bldg.,Sucat Paranaque.

We have been loyal clients of TIMBERPRO since 1996 when our house in San Lorenzo Village was constructed.

Last Sept. 28, I discovered that I was losing money amounting to 90,000. Unwise of me to be keeping that much money in my room, but I hid it in a place I thought was secure-I disassembled my cabinet, hid the money behind the drawers, then reassembled it again. Only my family and the maid enter my room, and none of them know I hid money there, so losing the money was a total shock!

I learned that last August 5 and 28, 2 pest inspectors of TIMBERPRO came to the house to inspect my room and my cabinet where the money was hidden- discovered by them to have been suddenly infested by termites in spite their monthly inspections for seven years.

We called Timberpro and they promised to cooperate and let their two inspectors undergo lie detector tests to clear their names. In fairness to TIMBERPRO and the inspectors, we also tested our maid at the top detective/investigative country in the country- Truth Verifier Systems, http://www.truthverifier.com (which also happens to train the NBI), and the results came out negative.

The next day, the management of TIMBERPRO changed their minds, as advised by their lawyers. They refused to take our calls and Timi Facuri, the son of Robert Facuri just texted to say:

FILE A CASE AGAINST OUR INSPECTORS IF YOU WANT. WE'VE GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT INCIDENT.

I was taken aback at this utter contempt for their long time client! We trusted their inspectors to enter our homes because we trusted their company!

Sirs, I appeal to you to advise me as to what I can do. I would appreciate your feedback regarding this.

Thank you very much!

short comment: file a case of theft. But you must establish the existence of the amount lost, approx. time when it was lost/ discovered to be lost, who has access to the said room and what times.

Taking those lie detector tests don't have much probative value in evidence. Efforts should have been made at identifying and discovering physical evidence at the scene of the crime (ala CSI if possible).

hi good am.

makikitanong lang uli.

a friend of mine left a company he's been working for ten (10) years.

he's resigned for already two years na.

ngayon, gusto mag apply sa ibang establishment.

so he tried to ask for an employees certificate but the the hrd manager refuse to issue him one.

pwede ba silang magdeny?

di po siya terminated, ( siguro forced to resign )

he did not get a cent from the company, ang gusto lang nya ay yung certificate.

thanx

hi good am.

makikitanong lang uli.

a friend of mine left a company he's been working for ten (10) years.

he's resigned for already two years na.

ngayon, gusto mag apply sa ibang establishment.

so he tried to ask for an employees certificate but the the hrd manager refuse to issue him one.

pwede ba silang magdeny?

di po siya terminated, ( siguro forced to resign )

he did not get a cent from the company, ang gusto lang nya ay yung certificate.

thanx

He can always ask that as a matter of right.. but I havent encountered a case where the sole issue is non-issuance of employment certificate.. any one who can elaborate on this?

Butsoy

uy... nag-enter ng appearance ang senior partner ng firm... ;)

musta na, bro?

Ayus naman ako bro. Been frequenting my province these past few months so wala ako palagi sa ating law office.

LAst Sunday ng Bar pwede tayo mag kita-kita...law office namin is just in front of La Salle where the 2004 Bar Examinees are being butchered. hehehehe

Butsoy

hello mga pc whiz! can you pls help me out with my pc problem. my pc is a p-4 1.8 ghz. 256ddr. my previuos os is win me. i recently changed to win xp pro. i have no problem with the gaming pero when it comes to inernet, ang tagal nya mag upload . lalo na sa mga sites na may mga pics. i use an infocom prepaid card. i did not have this kind of problem before with win me.

sinibukan ko na tanggalin yung mgaunwanted programs na pwede mag pabagal pero ganun pa din. i changed the security settings to medium pero ganun pa din. can you pls. help me out? thanks!

Im not a lawyer too.

Before you do some legal actions. Do the 4-way test.

Just want to react to the previous post. Why hold her departure? The fact that you allowed her to work abroad like japan, means to me that you gambled either to win or lose. Now obviously, you lost. I believed she's the bread winner not just to your family but for her family. Can you give what the japanese can give her and her family? Play another game bro.

well, just let them be.

tama ba ako wala lumabas na quetioner ng Bar exam last Sunday for Civil and Tax????

Bakit kaya??? <_<

civil code,

there were no questionnaires for both subjects? very unusual, although I remember vaguely from law school days that the Bar Chairman has the prerogative to replace the approved questions with his own. Natuloy ba exams? If there were no questionnaires, baka the confidentiality of the questions were compromised.

tantantinan.... alam mo... yan din ang observation ko sa mga PC ko.... i have

1 pc na win2000 ang OS... another win XP home ed..... and win XP pro.....

both my win xp have 2.1 GHz processor speed and 512mb or more na memory....

yung pc ko na win2000 is 800 Mhz lang and 256MB na memory....

pero mas mabilis and loading ng image sa win2000 na pc ko kaya yun ang lagi kong

ginagamit kapag nasu-surf ako.... probably merong features sa win xp ang

cause nito... pero di ko rin alam kung anong setting yun eh....

anobody knows???? tulong naman dyan............. :)

ramon123,

Change of first name or given name may be done judicially or extra-judicially.

Judicially, meaning, you have to file your petition for change of name in the Regional Trial Courts. Extrajudicially, you can file it with your local civil registrar.

The procedure will depend on whether you would opt to change your name judicially or extrajudicially.

If judicially, Rule 103 of the Rules of Court applies and you would need a lawyer for that. He/She would know the procedure so I wont discuss it here.

If extrajudicially, Republic 9048 applies.

First of all, take note that not just anybody can petition for a change of first name or nickname. The petition may be allowed only in any of the following cases:

a. The petitioner finds the first name or nickname to be ridiculous, tainted with dishonor or extremely difficult to write or pronounce; or

b. The new first name or nickname has been habitually and continuously used by the petitioner and he has been publicly known by that first name or nickname in the community; or

c. The change will avoid confusion.

The next question would be where you want to file your petition. You may file your petition with the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the record containing the first name to be changed is registered. Or if you are residing in another place within the Phil, then the petition may be filed with the Local Civil Registry Office where you are presently residing.

The next step would be the preparation and filing of your petition. The petition should be in the prescribed form of an affidavit. The LCRO usually has a pro forma petition ready. You just need to fill it up and support it with the necessary documents. If not, then you have to do it yourself or with the help of a lawyer.

The affidavit should contain the facts necessary to establish the merits of the petition and shall show affirmatively that the petitioner is competent to testify to the matters stated. The petitioner shall also state the first name sought to be changed and the preferred "new" name in place of the old one.

The petition (affidavit) should be supported with the following documents:

a. A certified true machine copy of the certificate or of the page of the registry book containing the entry sought to be changed;

b. At least two (2) public or private documents showing the correct entry upon which the change shall be based;

c. A clearance or a certification that the owner of the document has no pending administrative, civil or criminal case, or no criminal record, which shall be obtained from the following:

c.1 Employer, if employed

c.2 National Bureau of Investigation

c.3 Philippine National Police

d. Other relevant documents which are deemed necessary for the approval of the petition;

e. Notice or certification of posting;

f. Affidavit of publication from the publisher and a copy of the newspaper clipping.

(N.B. The "petition" shall be published at least once a week for 2 consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation. As a proof of publication, the petitioner shall attach to the petition a clipping of the publication and an affidavit of publication from the publisher of the newspaper where publication was made.)

Lastly, the filing fee for change of name is P3,000.00.

Good luck. :blink: