Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Is it legal to carry baton or stinger for self defense?

Kailangan pa ba permit to carry?

Thanks

:mtc:

Adventurer:

yes it is legal to carry those items.. there is no law banning possession and carrying of those items..

HOw's our law office.. hehehehehe di pa ba napapaswelduhan ang mga legal aid lawyers dito?

Butsoy

I'm new here and got interested in your thread....

When I was 19, I was pressured by my GF's family to marry her due to an unwanted pregnancy. Even through my father's hesitation I was married through falsification of my father's signature.

To cut a long story short, we eventually lived together but our relationship was high lighted by bouts of family wars.... I tried to make things work for my child by patching things up after the fights... Eventually this respite from the fights produced life and brought forth my angels....

After my mother died i tried extra hard to make our life easier since my father opted to disown me. I traveelled abroad to earn a better living. All of my sacrifices was shattered afterwards. My better half became more jealous and the fights became more physical. I decided that enough is enough... I decided to leave her for good.... I don't have a choice but leaving was the only option since I could not bare my kids seeing us hurting each other....

I have been separated to my better half for almost 3 years and my kids are much happier now than before... I get to see them twice a year and always in contact by calling them at least once a week....

I still get the once in a while rude awakening from my ex and the constant harassment but so far I have kept her at bay..... Now I'm seeking annullment, since this is my only hope for her to stop ruining my life.... Can I get my marriage annulled? Please help...... :(

Yes you can secure annulment but you have to consult any of our lawyers here.. and of course you will have to pay the legal expenses. All our lawyers here are edxperienced lawyers... just PM anyone of them...

Butsoy

By the way, we had several baranggay meetings done and certain agreement or settlements formed. But sometimes she does not adhere to this agreement....

In addition to that, my kids are always sick and 2 of my sons are infected with Primary complex from her grandmother who has signs of TB.... Her family denies this... All I want is my children safety and well being....

If you believe that your kids are not well taken cared of and your wife is not a good mother to your kids, you can apply for their custody. again you will need a lawyer to do that..

Barangay settlements are good only if they are being honored by the other party. otherwise you have to proceeed with legal action to enforce and preserve your rights.

Butsoy

question lang po:

does the father of an illegitimate child HAS to sign the child's travel papers? kse as far as i know, one parent lang ang kailangang pumirma. thing is kse the father dont want to sign anything, let alone see them na, kumbaga eh, he doesnt want to have anything to do with them anymore cuz the guy is already married and lives a new life na. problema kse, hina-harass sha nung mom, doing everything to make habol and make the guy's life miserable...the guy gives support naman, pro yun nga nasa agreement nila na hindi na sha guguluhin o iko-contact nung girl.

By the way, we had several baranggay meetings done and certain agreement or settlements formed. But sometimes she does not adhere to this agreement....

In addition to that, my kids are always sick and 2 of my sons are infected with Primary complex from her grandmother who has signs of TB.... Her family denies this...  All I want is my children safety and well being....

Wendigo7, I invite your attention to the following provisions of the Local Government

Code:

SEC. 416. Effect of Amicable Settlement and Arbitration Award. - The amicable settlement and arbitration award shall have the force and effect of a final judgment of a court upon the expiration of ten (10) days from the date thereof, unless repudiation of the settlement has been made or a petition to nullify the award has been filed before the proper city or municipal court. However, this provision shall not apply to court cases settled by the lupon under the last paragraph of Section 408 of this Code, in which case the compromise settlement agreed upon by the parties before the lupon chairman or the pangkat chairman shall be submitted to the court and upon approval thereof, have the force and effect of a judgment of said court.

SEC. 417. Execution. - The amicable settlement or arbitration award may be enforced by execution by the lupon within six (6) months from the date of the settlement. After the lapse of such time, the settlement may be enforced by action in the appropriate city or municipal court.

SEC. 418. Repudiation. - Any party to the dispute may, within ten (10) days from the date of the settlement, repudiate the same by filing with the lupon chairman a statement to that effect sworn to before him, where the consent is vitiated by fraud, violence, or intimidation. Such repudiation shall be sufficient basis for the issuance of the certification for filing a complaint as hereinabove provided.

If the settlement between you and your spouse [1] in writing [2] signed by both of you and [3] attested to by the lupon or pangkat chairman, it may not be necesary anymore to file a regular complaint before the court which will take years before it is resolved. A mere motion for execution (which may only be for a month) may be enough if [1] the agreement has not been repudiated by your spouse (submission of an affidavit of repudiation within 10 days from the execution of the settlement); [2] the period of 6 months from date of settlement has not yet lapsed. ;)

Greatly appreciate the information and yes I am aware of this.... But the problem is that I work abroad and fear that I might lose my job if I push through with my complaint.... Last time I did this I was stucked in the Philippines and had to sign another settlement just to clear me at OWWA. I cannot risk losing my job because it would mean losing my kids....

Currently, I am providing them more tha the agreed amount not inclusive of the kids medical expenses.... But she still asks for more.... I can barely make ends meet here abroad and she wants to suck me dry.

My kids does not know the severity of our rift and therefore my eldest is torn between the both of us.... She even begs me to settle our differences.... But how can I tell her?

This is the everyday dilemna I face each day and the more I prolong it the more it gets harder.

I want to move on with my life in peace...

At last!!! No more problems(so far). I had my pc reformated. Now it seems everything is running smoothly. Nakakainis nga lang coz i wasnt able to save my files. Thanks again to menime and extreme for the help. Hope you guys continue to help the other dummies and not-so dummies here.

No problem dude, glad we were able to help...

By the way extreme and nox are right, install an anti virus program to keep your pc clean

teynkies younghermit...

a friend of mine kse is takin it and i wanna have  a mass offered for this intention...

:*

Why don't you join us on the First Sunday of the Bar Exams?

Law Skul EB

1PM, Sunday, 05 September 2004

Starbucks, corners Taft Ave-Vito Cruz (near DLSU)

Malate, Manila

Confirmed attendees:

1. Wolf

2. younghermit

3. jopoc

4. Antipatika

5. Mackee

Calling also the other lawyers who want to support this year's bar exams. B)

Edited by younghermit
No problem dude, glad we were able to help...

By the way extreme and nox are right, install an anti virus program to keep your pc clean

He he he. I guess its a lil bit too late. My PC just got infected with a virus called W32.Weird. Medyo mukhang mabusisi ang pag tanggal. NAV wasnt able to remove but they gave me a pretty tough direction on how to remove it. It tells me to use a startup disk or DOS an locate an .EXE file with a 10,240 byte size and remove it by DOS commands.

I got the virus through an MP3 disc. It was in a winamp folder stored in the disc. I wouldnt have ever thought that such a disc would contain a virus, but then again, i'm a victim.

any query about legal problems...? wag kang mahiya.. free legal advise ni Butsoy...

i hav a problem...

some nitwit here says i committed copyright violation...

but i have already indicated the source of the articles that i hav posted here...

is this law enough to put everyone's claims to rest?:

CHAPTER VIII

LIMITATIONS ON COPYRIGHT

Sec. 184. Limitations on Copyright. -

184.1. Notwithstanding the provisions of Chapter V, the following acts shall not constitute infringement of copyright:

© The reproduction or communication to the public by mass media of articles on current political, social, economic, scientific or religious topic, lectures, addresses and other works of the same nature, which are delivered in public if such use is for information purposes and has not been expressly reserved: Provided, That the source is clearly indicated; (Sec. 11, P. D. No. 49)

law quoted from: http://www.chanrobles.com/legal7copyright.htm

also...

that same nitwit claimed that i committed plagiarism... is there a law on this...

my arguement:

sinabi sa simula na i will borrow from... i will defend her views... wala akong sinabi na akin itong mga ideas na ito... if i was able to "mirror" her ideas kasi naintindihan ko... di ko na kailangan ng direct quotation...

if my kasalanan ako, i didnt properly cite her..

sinabi ko na yun diba...

also i am not writing a paper...

another lawyer joke for you guys....

A lawyer parks his brand new Porsche in front of the office to show it off to his colleagues. As he's getting out of the car, a semi-trailer comes flying along too close to the kerb and takes off the door before speeding off.

Distraught, the lawyer grabs his mobile and calls the cops. Five minutes later, the police arrive. Before the cop has a chance to ask any questions, the lawyer starts screaming hysterically:

"My Porsche, my beautiful silver Porsche is ruined. No matter how long it's with the panel beater it'll simply never be the same again!"

After the lawyer finally finishes his rant, the policeman shakes his head in disgust. "I can't believe how materialistic you bloody lawyers are," he says. "You lot are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else in your life."

"How can you say such a thing at a time like this?" snaps the lawyer.

The policeman replies, "Didn't you realise that your right arm was torn off when the truck hit you."

The lawyer looks down in absolute horror. "F**king hell!" he screams. "Where's my Rolex?" :P

our company uses windows 2000 and my profile seems to have been affected by the recent upgrade of the system.

i can't load my roaming profile. the tech staff who checked out my pc said a reformat may be required.

couldn't they just delete my existing and then make a new profile for me?

opinions will be appreciated.

thanks a heaps.

:mtc: