Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

try mo Logitech Z-680 dts/ thx speaker system.. 19T lang to yung klipsch na may optical is around 27..

wala pa akong nakitang may mas mababa pa sa 19T na may optical...

Logitech ang best Pc speaker in the world now in terms of performance:value ratio.

salamat pre. tv speakers na lang gagamitin ko. :lol:

ipang-kakana ko na lang ng chicks yung 19 K ko. :lol:

hi, techies. :D hope you can help me out on my desktop dilemma.

i'm having a real slowdown in home pc. perhaps maybe due to the almost full HDD w/c is already 70% occupied. could that be it maybe?

some 2-cents worth of input would be greatly appreciated here.

thankies a lot!

maraming mga factors na nagpapabagal ng system, pero mas common yunng tinatawag nating "fragmented" hard drive. kapag "fragamented" ito, mas mabagal yung pag-galaw ng file access mo in and out of the hard disk. kung wala kang norton speed disk, windows' disk defragmenter can help you. this utility can be found in the start->programs->accesories->system tools(or similar) in any windows operating system.

another reason for system slow is again the swap file. as much as possible do not fill up the hard drive, instead reserve some space that is equal or double the RAM you have, example if you have installed 256 MB of RAM then you should reserve at least 256 MB or 512 MB of hard disk space.

the reason that your system slows down are the "running-in-the-background" program or in computer science terms terminate-and-stay resident programs(e.g. antiviruses). to make some of the useless ones not to run when windows open you can go to the system information program found agin in the system tools the same place where you find the disk defragmenter. when you open this, go to the tools menu and open the system configuration utility. after opening the system configuration utility, look for the start up tab and uncheck the programs that are there except for systray.exe or system tray. this tip is, as much as possible, should be used if you really know what startup programs you really need to disable.

hello techies,

where can i get this? firmware version 2.3.3 it's a driver for an external firewire drive of the powerbook. the enclosed CD with the link brought me to a dead spot. Wala na dun.

It's for the macintosh...

What's the best capture card for video editing? Any idea? Di pa kaya ang bumili ng dual processor e kaya mag wi-windows base na muna.

Salamat

hey glad theres another mac user here...

are u running os x?

bago pa lang din ako sa mac...

pero my co-worker might be able to help...

kaka-switch ko lang a couple of months ago...

i have the dual 1.42 ghz powermac...

it's great for video editing...

made a couple of dvd's to test it out...

sa ngayon eh i'm transferring my wedding video into dvd...

try www.macupdate.com

nice to hear from you guys! can you see that glow on my face?

bagong mac user din ako...namana ko nga lang yung powerbook sa tatay kong technophobe e. (psst wag ipagkalat baka bawiin!)

hayop ang dual processor! i-exploit mo na. learn Final Cut Pro and be the best filmmaker....

kitakits!

hahantingin ko na yang firmware na yan.

salamat ulit ha.

hello techies,

where can i get this? firmware version 2.3.3 it's a driver for an external firewire drive of the powerbook. the enclosed CD with the link brought me to a dead spot. Wala na dun.

It's for the macintosh...

What's the best capture card for video editing? Any idea? Di pa kaya ang bumili ng dual processor e kaya mag wi-windows base na muna.

Salamat

hey glad theres another mac user here...

are u running os x?

bago pa lang din ako sa mac...

pero my co-worker might be able to help...

kaka-switch ko lang a couple of months ago...

i have the dual 1.42 ghz powermac...

it's great for video editing...

made a couple of dvd's to test it out...

sa ngayon eh i'm transferring my wedding video into dvd...

try www.macupdate.com

nice to hear from you guys! can you see that glow on my face?

bagong mac user din ako...namana ko nga lang yung powerbook sa tatay kong technophobe e. (psst wag ipagkalat baka bawiin!)

hayop ang dual processor! i-exploit mo na. learn Final Cut Pro and be the best filmmaker....

kitakits!

hahantingin ko na yang firmware na yan.

salamat ulit ha.

wala akong final cut pro... meron final cut express...

di ko pa masyadong napag-aaralan na gamitin...

baka bumili ako ng libro para don...

good luck sa paghahanap...

tnx bro, but until I hear good reviews of 2500+/2600+ OC, I'm still sold on buying 2100+..... and the 8RDA+ (not sure if I need firewire tho)

and tornado casing.

Oh, OK. :) Since you're going to OC your CPU, the 8RDA+ would be a very good choice.

8RDA3+ is out already... costs about P500 - P900 more than the 8RDA+ but you get the latest nForce2 Ultra400 chipset plus Serial ATA and two 10/100 ethernet ports instead of one, plus 2 rounded IDE cables that cost me about P260 each. Dunno if u really need all those but as a bundle its alot of bang for the buck. The new chipset revision is nVidia's answer to Intel's new dual 400mhz DDR chipsets.

Must be the reason Epox had that summer sale.. I got a CPU cooler for free (Globalwin CAK4-88T) when I bought my 8RGA+. With Epox you can overclock an Athlon XP1700+ TB to a XP2400+ with ease, and even push it to XP2600+. And the cpu cost u only P3,200.

In the office we buy only Intel/Asus. My boss wouldn't consider AMD, he thinks its not compatible with Intel... duh. I'm waiting to upgrade our server with a Springdale mobo when it hits the stores, specifically the Asus P4P800 w/c kicks Canterwood's ass in some reviews. Pair that with a Pentium4 - "C" with 800FSB and Hyperthreading and I don't have to buy an overpriced Xeon.

nice board!

Serial ATA, matagal pa cguro yan. drives for it are just coming out so mahal pa.

2 lan ports? I hardly use one..hehe.

dun nga sa 8rda+, I don't even think that i'll be using firewire anytime soon

tnx bro, but until I hear good reviews of 2500+/2600+ OC, I'm still sold on buying 2100+..... and the 8RDA+ (not sure if I need firewire tho)

and tornado casing.

Oh, OK. :) Since you're going to OC your CPU, the 8RDA+ would be a very good choice.

8RDA3+ is out already... costs about P500 - P900 more than the 8RDA+ but you get the latest nForce2 Ultra400 chipset plus Serial ATA and two 10/100 ethernet ports instead of one, plus 2 rounded IDE cables that cost me about P260 each. Dunno if u really need all those but as a bundle its alot of bang for the buck. The new chipset revision is nVidia's answer to Intel's new dual 400mhz DDR chipsets.

Must be the reason Epox had that summer sale.. I got a CPU cooler for free (Globalwin CAK4-88T) when I bought my 8RGA+. With Epox you can overclock an Athlon XP1700+ TB to a XP2400+ with ease, and even push it to XP2600+. And the cpu cost u only P3,200.

In the office we buy only Intel/Asus. My boss wouldn't consider AMD, he thinks its not compatible with Intel... duh. I'm waiting to upgrade our server with a Springdale mobo when it hits the stores, specifically the Asus P4P800 w/c kicks Canterwood's ass in some reviews. Pair that with a Pentium4 - "C" with 800FSB and Hyperthreading and I don't have to buy an overpriced Xeon.

if you're a hard core overclocker go 8RDA3+ :boo: (this board KICKS serious ASS)... or go 8RDA+. if you want to save money buy M7NCG rev 1.4 (from Redfox),this one has a built in geforce4mx(nice if you're not a full time gamer) and priced a little less than the 8RDA+. HTH. B)

...ok ah, dami ko info nakukuha dito....

actually, if I can find a cheaper board than 8RDA+ but with roughly the same feature..I'd go for that...sayang me geforce 4 mx na rin ako eh..... meron pa bng iba? :)

and tornado casing.

if you have some extra money..try spending it on ASUS A7N8X de Luxe. Actually, the ABIT NF7-S ver 1.2 is the best but apparently, most of my suppliers told me that nobody distributes ABIT mobos locally anymore.. Epox 8rda+ / 8RDA3 is fine but it doesn't have the soundstorm thingy that every nforce2 chip based mobo should have. but if you're not an audiophile...8RDa should be just fine.. also try to see if 8RDA is BIOS tweakable coz it turned out that the nFORCE2 ULTRA 400MHz is actually just a BIOS upgrade..

huh? I thought 8rda+ already has soundstorm? 6 channel na yun di ba? anyways ok, what exactly is soundstorm?

and thanks for that BIOS and Thoroughbred tips, bro!

Sa lahat ng Panyeros:

TY sa legal aid services nyo... Butsoy was out of town for the past weeks nag bakasyun.. then na busy sa National Convention ng Lawyers..

Keep up olur good work.... kahit na walang recognition sa mga admin at moderators  dito... and kahit na madaya ang moderators at admin dito... Imagine abugado na dinadaya pa...

Butsoy

i have some kind of legal problem...

i had contract w/ a certain company in the states that would help me look for a place where i can have a ojt in the U.S.. when they did found me one, i was interviewed and was able to pass. I got accepted and the company took care of my papers for a big fee. when i got my petition papers and everything i still got denied in the embassy of the U.S. now i'm trying to get my refund and they keep saying they are taking care of it but its been two months but i still havent got my refund yet. an agent of theirs told me that the refund process would take 30-45 days but now its clearly that they have exceeded the said days. is there anything i can do? also the the agent that got me into this is a filipina(filipino citizen). could i file charges against her and the company here or do i have to file in the U.S.? the contract has a refund policy but didn't state how long it woud take. i kept the original they have a xerox copy.

really need your advice here sir butsoy....

soundstorm is a certification (just like thx). yung 8rda+/8rga+ ay hindi soundstorm certified kasi may kulang sa packaging, ginawa nilang optional accessory yung s/pdif bracket na may digital coaxial & optical output. kailangan mo yun pag ikakabit mo sa DD/DTS receiver or sa digital input ng 5.1-channel speakers tulad ng logitech z680. naghahanap nga ako nung bracket na yun eh, sayang lang yung s/pdif pins sa mobo ko hinde nagagamit.

http://www.epox.nl/images/motherboard/spd0c_small.jpg

Epox EP-SPD0C.... may nakakaalam ba kung saan nakakabili nito? sa pc hub daw meron pero saan yun?

huh? I thought 8rda+ already has soundstorm? 6 channel na yun di ba? anyways ok, what exactly is soundstorm?

and thanks for that BIOS and Thoroughbred tips, bro!

No, Epox didn't opt to include soundstorm in their package to reduce costs.. Soundstorm is a proprietary trademark from nVIDIA NFORCE2 chipsets using the MCP-T southbridge that processes its sound. Epox used CMI8738 chipset, the cheapest 6 Channel soundcard available today. CMI also sells add on S/PDIF (Sony Philips Digital InterFace) brackets though, I just dont know where for optical connection capability.

its a myth that this is an add on card. Many were confused about it too but the real thing is that its the trademark nVIDIA used for its boards that passed the certification by Dolby Labs and processing is only possible thru its southbridge chipset MCP-T. The other one, MCP however do not feature such functionality.. that's why the ASUS A7N8X is cheaper than the De Luxe version coz of the soundcard and firewire support that the latter has. Sadly the only Soundstorm Dolby Labs certified board is from ABIT, MSI and shuttle.

CMI features SNR (Sound to Noise Ratio) of 85dB while sonic test have shown that Soundstorm certified MCP-T oozes out 119dB.

however to take advantage of this, you will need Logitech Z-680 THX or Z-560 THX which is matched coz it also oozes out 118dB~ SNR or a Dolby Digital DTS, THX reciever.

in SNR, the higher, the better, Audiophile grade sound devices should be at around 100dB for crystal clear quality of sound.

Hi guys! Just joined MTC yesterday. I'm an ass-istant net admin ;) in one of the schools in dasma, cavite. hope 2 be an addition to your pool of kewl tech people here and maybe learn a thing or 2 also.

recruit kba pre ni ur_guy? hehehe

:P :lol:

welcome bro to MTC hehehe :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

HI, second post ko po....Virgin pa pala ako(join today)...hehehe

I am presently working here in KL as CADD technical mgr/3D visualizer.

Here's my specs:

AMD XP 2000+

2x512(1 gb) PC2700 ddr ram

Epox 8k3a motherboard

Suma GeForce 4 ti 4400

Audigy 1 Platinum

ATCS (Coolermaster) Casing with 450W PSU

Liteon DVD & Liteon CDRW

2x40gb Seagate HDD (7200rmp)

Altec Lansing ADA 885 (THX)

Logitech Cordless freedom & mouse

Thanks.

yung matrox tol, super mahal!

sa pilipinas ba magkano ang Matrox parhelia? I'm planning to buy this card but it's too expensive for me...but it's a very good card for 3d and graphics because it supported up to 3 monitors.

Here in KL its around RM1700 x 13.8 = P23460...(Mahal masyado)

HI, second post ko po....Virgin pa pala ako(join today)...hehehe

I am presently working here in KL as CADD technical mgr/3D visualizer.

Here's my specs:

AMD XP 2000+

2x512(1 gb) PC2700 ddr ram

Epox 8k3a motherboard

Suma GeForce 4 ti 4400

Audigy 1 Platinum

ATCS (Coolermaster) Casing with 450W PSU

Liteon DVD & Liteon CDRW

2x40gb Seagate HDD (7200rmp)

Altec Lansing ADA 885 (THX)

Logitech Cordless freedom & mouse

Thanks.

kewl job pre, ano ba mga product ang dinedesign nyo usually?

d ka ba nago-overclock?

Edited by umbertoeklat

More info about NVidia's Soundstorm certification:

To avoid confusion, I e-mailed NVIDIA, asking them if they could clear the air on SoundStorm. And here's what Bryan Del Rizzo, NVIDIA's Integrated PR Manager has to say :-

A product can be branded NVIDIA SoundStorm only if it meets the requirements listed below. Products that qualify for the SoundStorm brand are eligible to use the Dolby® Digital logo and branding. Products cannot get the Dolby certification nor use the Dolby Digital logo without participating in the SoundStorm program. Such products must have the following items as they are not optional :-

- NVIDIA nForce2 platform processor-based motherboard that includes the MCP-T with APU supporting Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding

- Discrete (non-shared) front left and right analog outputs

- Discrete (non-shared) rear left and right analog outputs

- Discrete (non-shared) center and subwoofer analog outputs

- Discrete (non-shared) S/PDIF digital output (coax recommended, but they can do optical)

- Discrete (non-shared) line-in analog inputs

- Discrete (non-shared) microphone analog input

- Minimum 85db signal-to-noise ratio on all analog outputs

- Minimum 80db signal-to-noise ratio on all analog inputs

- Dolby Digital testing, certification, approval from Dolby and NVIDIA

Currently, there are only three tested and certified products that meet the SoundStorm / Dolby certification criteria :-

- ABIT NF7-S

- MSI K7N2G-ILSR with S-Bracket

- Shuttle SN41G2 small form-factor PC

There are no provisions for upgrading to a SoundStorm solution or adding SoundStorm capabilities after a product is in the consumers hands. The product must contain everything necessary to provide full audio functionality in accordance with the SoundStorm program out-of-the-box and be tested and approved by NVIDIA and Dolby. This is done to ensure the best quality and consumer experience possible, and to guarantee a minimum level of quality on all SoundStorm branded products.

Other boards are currently in certification.

As you can see, the requirements are t-o-u-g-h. Out of 40+ nforce2 mobos only 3 are officially certified, although some say the Asus A7N8x Deluxe should be certified too. Jupiter is right, Epox 8r?a+ mobos wouldn't pass SoundStorm cert. even with the S/PDIF bracket (my mistake, sorry). Yes it uses NVidia MCP-T/APU for DSP, but the digital-analog conversion uses RealTek ALC650E. RealTek claims >90db S/N ratio so it probably passes technically, but compared even to a SB Live it doesn't cut it (check this comment from an owner).

I'm using audio-grade headphones (AKG K240) w/c cost me about 4thou. I haven't really tested audio quality yet coz I'm still in the burn-in period. Will post later when I'm done.

sa pilipinas ba magkano ang Matrox parhelia? I'm planning to buy this card but it's too expensive for me...but it's a very good card for 3d and graphics because it supported up to 3 monitors.

Here in KL its around RM1700 x 13.8 = P23460...(Mahal masyado)

Ngeks...masaya ka na dapat dyan!

the last time i checked it in US$, pag na convert mo na sa Phil peso, 50T.

arrrghhhh mamamatay na ako nyan!

Hi, I need some of your legal advice on this, hope I can get some replies....... :glasses:

I have a 3yr old son with a previous relationship.  I am not allowed to see him anymore (it's a long story).  I was wondering if there is any law that would allow me to see my son. :cry:

(On his birth certificate, it's my name and signature written)

Why are you not allowed to see your son? We need to know the circumstances that led to that situation.

As I mentioned I broke up with her and a month later I found out na buntis na pala sya. We never got back together. Initially I was able to see my son for his first 3 years (round off) tapos I met someone who is now my GF now.

Apparently my relationship with my new GF is the reason why she doesnt want me to be part of my sons life, this is her way of getting back at me. She claims she doesnt want our son to have a "part-time" father. She has done alot of harrasements and has vowed to continue to try to make my life miserable.

I'm tired of all this. I want to know if push comes to shove, do I have a say in this. She has been sending out "press releases" to her friends and whoever that I do not give support financially, which is true. Is that grounds for her to take me out of the equation? I do plan to start giving a part of my earnings eventually but I want to see my son first.

pls. advise

Wala bang pwedeng mag advise sa akin? :(

Hi, I need some of your legal advice on this, hope I can get some replies....... :glasses:

I have a 3yr old son with a previous relationship.  I am not allowed to see him anymore (it's a long story).  I was wondering if there is any law that would allow me to see my son. :cry:

Why are you not allowed to see your son? We need to know the circumstances that led to that situation.

As I mentioned I broke up with her and a month later I found out na buntis na pala sya. We never got back together. Initially I was able to see my son for his first 3 years (round off) tapos I met someone who is now my GF now.

Apparently my relationship with my new GF is the reason why she doesnt want me to be part of my sons life, this is her way of getting back at me. She claims she doesnt want our son to have a "part-time" father. She has done alot of harrasements and has vowed to continue to try to make my life miserable.

I'm tired of all this. I want to know if push comes to shove, do I have a say in this. She has been sending out "press releases" to her friends and whoever that I do not give support financially, which is true. Is that grounds for her to take me out of the equation? I do plan to start giving a part of my earnings eventually but I want to see my son first.

pls. advise

sorry to hear your story but i'm afraid your wife has the right to deny you visitation rights. Financial support is the most important here. The law says the spouses are jointly responsible for the support of the family. The law also favors custody for the mother for children below seven years old.

The remedy really is to petition the court for visitation rights. You can do that because you acknowledged your son as yours. But NO court will see it in your favor if you don't spend a cent for your child. So I suggest that you first give financial support before seeking relief from the court.

B)

pls. advise

Actually, sa Philippines there is no such thing as visitation rights. This is because the Philippines do not provide for specific rights of parents to the children after they separate or if they do not become married. It only provides for obligations that must be complied with by the father and the fact that the welfare of the child will be considered paramount in such instance. However, there is no rule that requires or guarantees visitation rights. Thus, by all means, the mother can deprive the father of any visitation rights just as the father can dispossess the mother of custody.