Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

dont know about you guys, but im on winxp now with my hp vectra. it only has the intel 815 chipset mobo, P3 processor, 256MB RAM and a geforce4 ti card, but it's very fast. just finished Chaser with this setup and i didnt encounter any problem/s nor any slowness in the game.

thats because you're using a very fast graphic card, geforce 4 TI4200, TI4600 (64MB or 128MB) is fast, and even the game will rely on your graphic card not on the processor. :)

thats because you're using a very fast graphic card, geforce 4 TI4200, TI4600 (64MB or 128MB) is fast, and even the game will rely on your graphic card not on the processor. :)

yup, extreme, correct :D but, my reply was more in response to roxy's winxp problem which she said that her PC was slow when she migrated from 98 to XP. i think it has nothing to do with her video card, or having just 256MB of RAM. B)

although her video card is built-in on her mobo and is not at par with my ti, it still should be enough to run winxp without the slowness that she encounters. but maybe im wrong. anyway, hope she resolves it, sayang, ganda pa naman pag nakaXP ka na B)

yup, extreme, correct :D but, my reply was more in response to roxy's winxp problem which she said that her PC was slow when she migrated from 98 to XP. i think it has nothing to do with her video card, or having just 256MB of RAM. B)

although her video card is built-in on her mobo and is not at par with my ti, it still should be enough to run winxp without the slowness that she encounters. but maybe im wrong. anyway, hope she resolves it, sayang, ganda pa naman pag nakaXP ka na B)

Sinabi mo pa, nung ginagamit ko na ang Windows XP, parang ayaw ko nang bumalik sa win98 or Win2k, there is a very big difference, siguro nga gusto ko lang yung interface.. :D

so which one should i do first add more ddr's or go for video card?

mind you dont do much for video games, just an ocassional grand turismo a spec race once in a while, mostly i wan tmore speed for multi tsking...

go for extra ram! :unsure:

yup, for multi tasking, go for extra RAM. better yet, palitan mo rin processor mo para mas up to the task, go for the P4s with hyperthreading. yun e suggestion lang po :)

I think he is asking about getting other hotmail accounts....(tama ba?)  :D

before meron ganyang vulnerabilities ang hotmail. I tried one personally. but of course it has been patched already.

Kung may spyware ka puwede :) Tap ka sa Hotmail server at lahat ng key press ng mga tao doon monitor mo :)

The spyware doesn't work now for hotmail has already saw that vulnerability. What you could do is like what yahoo offers is that you e-mail hotmail that you've forgot your password, damn I forgot the e-mail address. It is an automated response system of hotmail connected to it's databse. Just make sure that you know all the details like the answer to the mystery question.

wala na rin yan ngayon

im wondering lang, is the windows xp really slower than win98's?

i got this pc w/ amd 1800+, 30gb hd, 256mb ram all on an ecs k7vmm board yet i find graphics and processing slow, what gives?

not much programs inboard yet, except a typical printshop deluxe and websters dictionary install...

how do i make xp faster? or should i revert to win98's

if you still want to stick to XP, 1st step is to try disabling all unecessary services (like messenger) to speed it up.....

http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

next is to update ur drivers. Then add RAM.

so which one should i do first add more ddr's or go for video card?

mind you dont do much for video games, just an ocassional grand turismo a spec race once in a while, mostly i wan tmore speed for multi tsking...

Personally, I think you should go for the RAM. Dapat tapatan mo yung maximum memory speed na nasa motherboard mo(e.g. kung ang board kay mag support ng PC333 at ang gamit mo ay PC266, paltan mo na ng PC333 at yung pinakamataas na kaya mo)

Good Day Everyone... Specially to the resident lawyers in this thread.

Well. This is my first in this thread, actually im an HR practitioner and my usual hang-out is of course the HR thread. Maybe next time you could help us shed light on matters involving labor. Thanks in advance.

Best of Life to All...

i got this pc w/ amd 1800+, 30gb hd, 256mb ram all on an ecs k7vmm board yet i find graphics and processing slow, what gives?

not much programs inboard yet, except a typical printshop deluxe and websters dictionary install...

if you still want to stick to XP, 1st step is to try disabling all unecessary services (like messenger) to speed it up.....

dude did what was suggested for xp pro, though just disabled services for networking mostly, it helped a bit, i did'nt follow all he suggested as it weakens the xp look...

yup, im getting another 256mb 266 DDR really soon...

dude did what was suggested for xp pro, though just disabled services for networking mostly, it helped a bit, i did'nt follow all he suggested as it weakens the xp look...

PC266 lang ba kaya ng board mo? Ang alam ko kaya na niyan ang PC333, dapat maximize mo na yung memory mo to PC333 kung supported niya.

PC266 lang ba kaya ng board mo? Ang alam ko kaya na niyan ang PC333, dapat maximize mo na yung memory mo to PC333 kung supported niya.

specs say; vga single cycle 128 bit 3d architecture

128 bit 2d graphic engine

8/16/32 mb frame bufferusing system memory

supports agp 4x 266 mhz mode up to 1gb/s bandwidth

supports 250mhz ramdac

2d/3d resolution up to 1920 x 1440

supports agp rev. 2.0 spec compliant

so what does it say?

Does your video card share the same memory of your motherboard, or have a dedicated memory, meaning you have total 256MB of memory, when you check on the system properties does it shows also 256MB, or less? if less then your video card gets around 32MB or 64MB from your main memory, so thats why the overall performance is slow. its like you only have 192MB of free memory. Also what is the name of the chipset/brand of the onboard videocard?

bunjee, or anyone who could help,

I have another question regarding RA 9925 (Dual Citizenship Law) uli. I've asked a few people about the IRR but they don't have a copy of it yet.

Your explanation on the dual taxation is perfect. At least I know you wouldn't be subjected to such just because you availed of the dual citizenship.

But what about crimes? Theoretical question lang to ha. Say, for example, I am suddenly accused of a crime, regardless if I actually did it or not, which government has jurisdiction over me? Or would it depend on which country I committed that crime?

Kasi, if you're a US citizen, the US government has mechanisms in place to assist you wherever you are. I don't think the Philippine government offers such - or as much - help to its nationals who are in trouble.

Thank you again for any enlightenment.

bunjee, or anyone who could help,

I have another question regarding RA 9925 (Dual Citizenship Law) uli. I've asked a few people about the IRR but they don't have a copy of it yet.

Your explanation on the dual taxation is perfect. At least I know you wouldn't be subjected to such just because you availed of the dual citizenship.

But what about crimes? Theoretical question lang to ha. Say, for example, I am suddenly accused of a crime, regardless if I actually did it or not, which government has jurisdiction over me? Or would it depend on which country I committed that crime?

Kasi, if you're a US citizen, the US government has mechanisms in place to assist you wherever you are. I don't think the Philippine government offers such - or as much - help to its nationals who are in trouble.

Thank you again for any enlightenment.

Tama ka, MS. DARKANGEL, ang jurisdiction ng CRIMES, generally ay sa place of commission, saan ginawa ang krimen. This also means na if the crime consists of several elements, kahit isang element of the crime lang ang nagawa sa kahit saang lugar/jurisdiction, pwede ka na ma-prosecute doon sa lugar na iyon. May exceptions din dito. Halimbawa, ang crime of PIRACY in the HIGH SEAS, technically, walang may-ari ng HIGH SEAS, kaya dapat walang may jurisdiction dito pero ang ito yung tinatawag, if i remember correctly, a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY. Piracy daw kasi is a crime not against any particular state but against all mankind.

'Yung mechanism naman sa paghuli ay hindi question of jurisdiction, kundi question ng means of law enforcement. EXTRADITION ang tawag doon sa kahit nasa ibang bansa ka, pwede kang hulihin ng bansang iyon at i-extradite or pabalikin ka sa country where the crime was committed. Dito, ang may jurisdiction pa rin sa iyo ay 'yung sa place of commission. Kaya ka pauuwiin, precisely kasi hindi ka pwedeng kasuhan at litisin kung hindi mo nagawa ang krimen na yun sa loob bansa. Ito rin ang dahilan kung bakit tumatakas ang mga kriminal papalabas ng bayan.

AT tinatawag itong EXTRADITION TREATIES kasi this is usually just between two (2) nations/states/sovereigns/countries. Naka-specifiy din sa TREATY na iyon ang specific crimes na "extraditable," not all crimes are subject to extradition. Kung wala tayong extradition treaty with that country, hindi tayo pwede mag-request na manghuli sila ng mga gumawa ng krimen dito sa Pilipinas.

Kung mechanisms to help you naman if you are wrongly accused, halos lahat ng bansa naman yata may ganyang intentsyon at mekanismo. Yan dapat ang purpose ng ating mga embassies at consular offices abroad. If you are in a foreign land, at you have a brush with the law of that foreign land, your best bet is the Philippine Embassy natin sa lugar na iyon. Ang mandate nila under the law is to assist you, if they are not doing their jobs properly, you have grounds to file a case against them. After the Flor Contemplacion case, the DFA instituted what is now known as the "Country Team Approach," where the Ambassador assumes full responsibility for helping all OFW's in trouble, under the priniciple of command responsibility. Kung pumalpak ang kahit isa lang sila in failing to help you, pwedeng mapalitan silang lahat or 'yung buong team.

Hope this may be of help to you. ;)

Good Day Everyone... Specially to the resident lawyers in this thread.

Well. This is my first in this thread, actually im an HR practitioner and my usual hang-out is of course the HR thread. Maybe next time you could help us shed light on matters involving labor. Thanks in advance.

Best of Life to All...

Tokoy, please dont hesitate to drop by the Legal thread and we would be very glad to address any labor queries.

Gud day po mga guru! I bought a pirated XP professional instaler (Hala!) pero incorrect password lagi when i try installing it. I asked a couple of friends gumagana naman daw ung password:

FCKGW RHQQ2 YXRKT 8TG6W 2B7Q8

I tried installing it both on a newly formatted HD and as an upgrade, all in vain. Thanks po in advance.

Gud day po mga guru! I bought a pirated XP professional instaler (Hala!) pero incorrect password lagi when i try installing it. I asked a couple of friends gumagana naman daw ung password:

FCKGW RHQQ2 YXRKT 8TG6W 2B7Q8

I tried installing it both on a newly formatted HD and as an upgrade, all in vain. Thanks po in advance.

try looking in cracks.am for another password

baka meron na dun :D