Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

yup! actually hindi ko muna iooverclock kasi i chose between axp1700+ and axp2400+ since 1thou lang difference eh di parang nag-overclock na rin ako may warranty pa. if u look at the price difference, going legit gives you better longetivity on ur investment.

after the warranty expires, then u can overclock - w/c is wat i intend to do 1yr from now. by then my processor would be obsolete but i can still squeeze more mhz from it. if u squeeze all of the juice today, i.e. axp1700+ @2ghz... then 1yr from now that's as far as you'll get, i.e. shorter lifetime.

Guest templar
anyway, qstn lang po sa mga lawyers who would be familiar with this, kasi m not really sure who to ask that can be trusted: :unsure:  im in the u.s. since last may22nd.. turnd 21 last august. im carrying an h4 visa (being a dependent of my mom). hm, pano kaya yung status ko dito? i just need some lights shed on this issue.. pleeease? kasi kung di na'ko pde, e patay.. uwi na lang me. not unless there's still something that can be done. btw, mommy ko is a tchr in a public sch, pero d pa nya nasimulan yung gc nya.. pano kaya? i need your honest opinion please.. sensya na.

have fun in your eb nga pala. :)

Let me try my hands on this..... I'm not a US immigration lawyer (I don't think any of the MTC lawyers is) but will base my answers on my own experience and those of friends and relatives who have migrated to the US.

I presume your mom migrated to the US by virtue of an immigrant's visa following a petition. If she intends to get a Green Card for permanent residency, she is required to stay in the US continuously for a certain period of time (at least 6 mos. yata?). If she leaves the US at anytime before getting her Green Card, for whatever reason, the counting of the 6-month period will be restarted when she goes back to the US. In the meantime, the immigrant's visa allows her to obtain gainful employment which she will need when she applies for the Green Card.

A student visa, h4, only allows you to stay in the US for as long as you need to finish the studies you declared in your visa application. Once done, you have to convert to a B1/B2 (tourist/business) visa if you wish to continue staying in the US. There was a time you can do this conversion in the US before your h4 expires. However, US INS now requires you to go back to the Phils. if you are to change your visa status. An h4 doesn't allow you to obtain gainful employment in the US outside of the educational institution you're studying in. By gainful employment I mean with all the requirements for social security number, hospital insurance etc. (Of course, if you don't need these benefits you can always find "unofficial" employment in the US.)

So to answer your question, if you've finished the studies you declared in your visa application, you have to come back now; otherwise, you'll be put on the INS APB (All Points Bulletin) as an overstaying alien. :(

Hope this helps......

P.S. Uwi ka na dito para maka-attend ka ng EB ng MTC :flower:

Guest templar

ewan ko kung natanong na toh....

what if may raid sa bar tpos hinuli den ako ng mga lespu like what i see in the news. anong kaso kaia ibibigay sa ken?

Depende yan pre and this is just my opinion .... siguro yung ating mga criminal sexperts na lawyers can correct me or add to this .....

Kung nahuli ka while being an active participant in the illegal sex act, you will be charged as a principal (by indispensable cooperation ..... he he :P ) in the same criminal offense that they will charge against the girl ..... kaya wag ka pahuhuli sa VIP room or sa MP ng nakalabas si manoy dahil mahirap depensahan yun! :evil:

Kung nood ka lang, oks lang yun .... siguro mahahassle ka lang to testify against the girls and the establishment pero hanggang dun na lang yun ..... :D

Pero sa experience ko, wala pa kong nakitang girl na nahuli sa raid na tinuluyan ng lespu (i.e. kinasuhan, na-convict sa court and nakulong) kung prostitution lang .... usually may ibang attached na kaso like drugs, etc. ..... I just don't know if they are as considerate sa mga customers na nahuling kasama nila kasi minsan the raid is not really against the girls or the establishment but against particular customers ......

yup! actually hindi ko muna iooverclock kasi i chose between axp1700+ and axp2400+ since 1thou lang difference eh di parang nag-overclock na rin ako may warranty pa. if u look at the price difference, going legit gives you better longetivity on ur investment.

after the warranty expires, then u can overclock - w/c is wat i intend to do 1yr from now. by then my processor would be obsolete but i can still squeeze more mhz from it. if u squeeze all of the juice today, i.e. axp1700+ @2ghz... then 1yr from now that's as far as you'll get, i.e. shorter lifetime.

good move, and a nice tip, bro! B)

grabe.. :o galeng pla nitong site na'to.. i wonder why i nvr heard of it when i was still there, :( kelan nga ba sinimulan to?? gotta check up on that..

anyway, qstn lang po sa mga lawyers who would be familiar with this, kasi m not really sure who to ask that can be trusted: :unsure: im in the u.s. since last may22nd.. turnd 21 last august. im carrying an h4 visa (being a dependent of my mom). hm, pano kaya yung status ko dito? i just need some lights shed on this issue.. pleeease? kasi kung di na'ko pde, e patay.. uwi na lang me. not unless there's still something that can be done. btw, mommy ko is a tchr in a public sch, pero d pa nya nasimulan yung gc nya.. pano kaya? i need your honest opinion please.. sensya na.

I'm no immigration lawyer, pero, i have a friend who runs an immigration consultancy here. from what i've heard, an H-4 visa is a dependent of a H-1A/B. Here's what you can do, apply for your own H-1B/H-2B visa, you will need to have an employer to "sponsor" your petition. You can also inquire sa BCIS (formerly the INS) on how to convert your H-4 to an F-1 (student visa). Do this at the soonest possible time. Pag nag lapse yung status mo, out of status ka na (otherwise known as TNT) ... your last option is to marry a US citizen and adjust your status there. In whatever you do, always consult a professional, they maybe expensive but at least they know what they are doing.

Guest templar
grabe..  :o galeng pla nitong site na'to.. i wonder why i nvr heard of it when i was still there,  :(  kelan nga ba sinimulan to?? gotta check up on that..

anyway, qstn lang po sa mga lawyers who would be familiar with this, kasi m not really sure who to ask that can be trusted: :unsure:  im in the u.s. since last may22nd.. turnd 21 last august. im carrying an h4 visa (being a dependent of my mom). hm, pano kaya yung status ko dito? i just need some lights shed on this issue.. pleeease? kasi kung di na'ko pde, e patay.. uwi na lang me. not unless there's still something that can be done. btw, mommy ko is a tchr in a public sch, pero d pa nya nasimulan yung gc nya.. pano kaya? i need your honest opinion please.. sensya na.

I'm no immigration lawyer, pero, i have a friend who runs an immigration consultancy here. from what i've heard, an H-4 visa is a dependent of a H-1A/B. Here's what you can do, apply for your own H-1B/H-2B visa, you will need to have an employer to "sponsor" your petition. You can also inquire sa BCIS (formerly the INS) on how to convert your H-4 to an F-1 (student visa). Do this at the soonest possible time. Pag nag lapse yung status mo, out of status ka na (otherwise known as TNT) ... your last option is to marry a US citizen and adjust your status there. In whatever you do, always consult a professional, they maybe expensive but at least they know what they are doing.

Ooooopppss.... mea culpa! :D

Mixed up H4 w/ F1 ..... tsinito is right!

dudez bk may gus2 bumili s nyo ng geforce2 mx 400 64 mb, 1K lng. Pr mkpag-upgrade n ko s Ti4200. PM nyo ko f ur ntrested...Ciao! :evil:

You might want to post this in the appropriate section na lang of MTC. You can also try TipidPC.com. You might get more and better responses there.

just out of curiosty and family thing na din...

my dad has this court case with RCBC for more or less 20 years already...

we won the RTC part and lost at the appeals court... it currently now at the Supreme court since about 3-4 years ago...

the question is, isn't there supposed to a law that says supreme court cases can't exceed 2 years? this is a civil case so it might not apply. if not, how long can it go on b4 the court if obliged to end it?

also, a question concerning 'damages' the current case doesn't inlcude it but are we allowed to sue them for damages if we win the case in proving that they mis-handled my dad's accounts? how are damages calculated?

last, is there really a rule required to share the 'damages income' with the lawyers? if yes, how/what is the amount determined?

ty in advance. :)

allenwfc,

from the last question to the first...

No, you cannot share the amount of damages awarded with the lawyers simply because the damage was incurred by the party-litigator and not by the lawyer who merely represented the former. it's much the same way that the attorney's fees awarded to the winning party cannot be shared with the party-litigator -- sa lawyer lang yun.

No, you need not sue separately for damages. if you can still amend the complaint to include the damages, do so. of course, you have to prove it during the litigation. Damages are calculated according to the actual amount lost. Lost earning opportunity may also be included. Moral damages (sleepless nights, anxiety, etc) and exemplary damages obviously cannot be quantified, thus any amount may be claimed in the complaint, subject to the court's discretion.

The 2-year period applies to both civil and criminal cases, and it commences from the date the case is submitted for decision and not from the filing of the complaint.

allenwfc,

from the last question to the first...

No, you cannot share the amount of damages awarded with the lawyers simply because the damage was incurred by the party-litigator and not by the lawyer who merely represented the former. it's much the same way that the attorney's fees awarded to the winning party cannot be shared with the party-litigator -- sa lawyer lang yun.

No, you need not sue separately for damages. if you can still amend the complaint to include the damages, do so. of course, you have to prove it during the litigation. Damages are calculated according to the actual amount lost. Lost earning opportunity may also be included. Moral damages (sleepless nights, anxiety, etc) and exemplary damages obviously cannot be quantified, thus any amount may be claimed in the complaint, subject to the court's discretion.

The 2-year period applies to both civil and criminal cases, and it commences from the date the case is submitted for decision and not from the filing of the complaint.

Just a point of clarification on the 2 year period. While it is indicated in the regulations that the SC must resolve issues within 2 years, it is not uncommon to find cases pending with the SC for substantially longer periods than 2 years. I had seen cases with the SC that had been there for as long as 10 to 15 years (mostly civil cases which has the lowest priority in resolving issues). I had been a court attorney with the SC before and the reason for this is the volume of cases that come in to the Supreme Court on a daily basis, actually exceeds the number of Justices in the Supreme Court by half. This being the case, even if the Justices decide one case every day (which is almost impossible), there would still be a serious backlog in the dockets. So, sad to say, your case might not likely be resolved anytime soon .

i am a newbie. i was reading el gimikero and i was enticed by the his write up and i was not a bit disappointed.

i can see lots of interesting and interested people here.

btw, i am a lawyer, not really a newbie in my profession.

get to you guys later.

Guest templar
  ei guys, dumadami na kayo... set na po natin lawyers eb... :P

Oo nga naman ..... mag-EB na ulit tayo guys!

Pwede ba sa Decades, Makati? ...... may unfinished business kasi ako dun eh :D ..... paging Freelicker ...... panyero, totoo ba yung nabalitaan ko about a girl who took it all off daw recently? :evil:

Oo nga naman ..... mag-EB na ulit tayo guys!

Pwede ba sa Decades, Makati? ...... may unfinished business kasi ako dun eh :D ..... paging Freelicker ...... panyero, totoo ba yung nabalitaan ko about a girl who took it all off daw recently? :evil:

Yup. Totoo yon. And I was one of those who was holding the table when she danced on it :)

Just tell me when the EB will be and I will definitely make it. Kund Decades Makati ha! :D