Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

have you tried using a spyware/adware removal program? I recommend spybot SD 1.2 (freeware) and use a firewall to prevent any malicious connections to the internet and lastly a hacker defence suite program. Firewall is not enough. I used to get these annoying problems before. Now, everytime I browse the web I used both firewall and a hacker defence program, these problems does not occur anymore.

hacker defence program suite? sir deus, could you provide some links where to download this program?

have you tried using a spyware/adware removal program? I recommend spybot SD 1.2 (freeware) and use a firewall to prevent any malicious connections to the internet and lastly a hacker defence suite program. Firewall is not enough. I used to get these annoying problems before. Now, everytime I browse the web I used both firewall and a hacker defence program, these problems does not occur anymore.

hacker defence program suite? sir deus, could you provide some links where to download this program?

but does the power source really make a difference in the speed of the processor?

Yes it does, sometimes. The culprit could be your laptop's power saving mode if you're on batteries. After all, since you're using Centrino its more geared toward wireless connections and this by itself could drain it. I suggest you turn off your wireless radio reception and tweak your system power saving preference when using batteries.

Another question here also, I'm using an HP notebook with an Intel Pentium (M) Centrino proscessor at 1400 MHZ. How come windows xp views it as only 585 Mhz?

Umm ... interesting. How much RAM do you have installed? Is your laptop video card sharing system memory for its cache?

Just an afterthough, I still think its your power saving profile though which could spin down your system when some of its items aren't being used, etc.

I have a question, my g.f bought a usb flash disk, eh wala pala usb port yung p.c nya.. pwede ba ikabit sa ps/2 mouse port via converted usb to ps/2 mouse port? dalawa daw kasi yung mouse port nya or buy nalang ng usb pci card?

Is that 2 PS/2 mouse ports due to an added PCI card? I highly doubt thats what happened though. Make sure what she's talking about since the for the keyboard :-)

If she just meant 2 mouse ports, once could be PS/2 the other one could be a COM serial port.

As for using a USB->PS/2 port, go for it but check if your USB flashdisk is using USB 2.0 as this could cause connection problems due to incompatibility. USB 2.0 is alot faster than traditional and how it compensates for the drop could render the data you write into it corrupted, etc.

I'll go for the PCI card add-on. But before that, is this an old system thats without a USB port or is it that its got USB but cables from the motherboard aren't connected to an external visible USB outlet?

my friend has an imac PC.... i checked it out and there's a problem with the memory.... i'm not familiar with macintosh chipsets.... san ko b puede ito paayos beside a service center???

umm ... what seems to be the problem with the memory?

iMacs use the same EDO RAM, AFAIK, at least thats what my green colored one has. Most of the stuff you can tinker with as you open the case.

1. Anybody know other solutions for spyware other than Ad Aware?

2. Other than tweaking the registry, anybody know how to fix the home page url for internet explorer in case a malicious program turns the default 'home page' into a particular site?

3. anybody know what this site is: (http://www.windowws.cc/hp.htm?id=80.) WARNING: please don't go there if you dont know what you are doing.

1. there are several alternatives including Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3, Spyware Blaster, Spy Sweeper -- all of which i use at the same time. you can't be too careful to protect yourself.

2. since you're using IE its simple to just change the default homepage settings to blank or something else. if you're using Spybot then there's memory resident portion that monitors if a program tries to change the default and warn you with options to allow or not.

3. thats a site most recently linked to Cool Web Search spyware. i guess you're getting redirected to it all the time thus #2 above. suggest you do #1 and clean out your temp folders too. otherwise, this link should help start you off farther - http://computercops.biz/postt65687.html

let me know if it works.

Use Spybot Search and Destroy. Much better than adaware.

or if u are sick of viruses, buy a Mac. or my Apple iBook running on OS X. hehhee

1. lavasoft has just received new funding, thus more frequent updates. in terms of adware/spyware the industry isn't solid enough to work together and help each other out. most of them are looking for nitches or to be bouth out. pest patrol was just purchased the other day. see? :-)

2. oh, thats a misconception. mac's have had their share of quicktime autostart trojans as well as macro viruses. since moving from proprietary OS 9 (original mac OS) to OS X which is based on *BSD (hello Unix and Linux) its opened itself to a new can of .... eherm ... worms. those who think viruses on *nix based platforms are non-existent need a wake up call. use google and check out "linux virus worm" and you'll get a slew. the past outbreaks in the few years were caused by l10n and ramen both of which are on *nix.

:P

Is there a way for me to run NBA live 2001 in windows XP? may crack kaya to counter its incompatibility?ive tried everything i know, ala pa rin eh.

my NBA Live '99 works and thats a REALLY old version. try the hints from the previous discussion on MechWarrior compatibility.

Umm ... interesting. How much RAM do you have installed? Is your laptop video card sharing system memory for its cache?

Just an afterthough, I still think its your power saving profile though which could spin down your system when some of its items aren't being used, etc.

I only have 256MB of RAM. I have already tweaked the system so that cache could be bigger. I do think that the video card is sharing memory also. but win xp still views the processor speed lower than it is.

Anyway, i was able to run the game already (forgot to install the crack :blink: )

At last!!! No more problems(so far). I had my pc reformated. Now it seems everything is running smoothly. Nakakainis nga lang coz i wasnt able to save my files. Thanks again to menime and extreme for the help. Hope you guys continue to help the other dummies and not-so dummies here.

At last!!! No more problems(so far). I had my pc reformated. Now it seems everything is running smoothly. Nakakainis nga lang coz i wasnt able to save my files. Thanks again to menime and extreme for the help. Hope you guys continue to help the other dummies and not-so dummies here.

dont forget the windows updates! ;)

post-57-1092869214.jpg

Anyone who wanted to buy a Collection Follow-up System for Collection Division of a bank? It was made in VB.NET/ASP.NET Technology. the backend is SQL Server 2000. Or, better yet, do u know any person who can bring the system into their banking industry? Then, we have a deal!!!! :D

saintmanny007,

ano features nyan?

I'm new here and got interested in your thread....

When I was 19, I was pressured by my GF's family to marry her due to an unwanted pregnancy. Even through my father's hesitation I was married through falsification of my father's signature.

To cut a long story short, we eventually lived together but our relationship was high lighted by bouts of family wars.... I tried to make things work for my child by patching things up after the fights... Eventually this respite from the fights produced life and brought forth my angels....

After my mother died i tried extra hard to make our life easier since my father opted to disown me. I traveelled abroad to earn a better living. All of my sacrifices was shattered afterwards. My better half became more jealous and the fights became more physical. I decided that enough is enough... I decided to leave her for good.... I don't have a choice but leaving was the only option since I could not bare my kids seeing us hurting each other....

I have been separated to my better half for almost 3 years and my kids are much happier now than before... I get to see them twice a year and always in contact by calling them at least once a week....

I still get the once in a while rude awakening from my ex and the constant harassment but so far I have kept her at bay..... Now I'm seeking annullment, since this is my only hope for her to stop ruining my life.... Can I get my marriage annulled? Please help...... :(

By the way, we had several baranggay meetings done and certain agreement or settlements formed. But sometimes she does not adhere to this agreement....

In addition to that, my kids are always sick and 2 of my sons are infected with Primary complex from her grandmother who has signs of TB.... Her family denies this... All I want is my children safety and well being....