Puerto Galera

wala po akong resort sa white beach,

medyo budgeted na yung mga prices ko for food pero free kapeng barako ang

ibinibigay ko sa mga mtc members na pumasyal sa FOODTRIP

Room rates this days vary from 1000 to 2000 depending on location, size of rooms and resort's ammenities.

O nga po, how much room (for 2 persons) rate these days?

Hey centrino been there last week. :rolleyes: may 15-17 got there room 1500/night two bedroom siya and looks 4pax maximun kasi gumugulong pa ako sa bed ko wahahaha magkatapat lang ang building g VM resort and White Beach Resort same price din naman.

Sana pala nag sama ako ng isa para me ka share ako sa bayad ng room wahahha :lol:

Ayan nakita ko din yung ibang pictures :cool:

magkatapat lang di ba? :lol:

May wifi zone jan sa White beach resort... pm niyo lang ako for the password baka same password pa rin sila hahaha :lol: you have to pay 300 kasi for unli wifi :blink:

For me mas okay na jan kasi tapat lang beach... then yung nakilala ko there sa gale 5mins walk pa sila from the beach 1500 din /night 3br up and down yun nga lang di sila makauwi nung gabi after naming maki party kasi wait pa nila yung susundo sa kanila whahaha... next time jan na lang din daw sila kukuha ng room :cool:

Sows! Lagi pa naman Commandos ang liner namin pauwi. Nag oover capacity pala sila. Just heard the the bad news about the ships accident.

yeah sad to hear that news too.. was there last week thanks God were safe. 12 people died while 52 passengers were rescued. :cry:

Hey centrino been there last week. :rolleyes: may 15-17 got there room 1500/night two bedroom siya and looks 4pax maximun kasi gumugulong pa ako sa bed ko wahahaha magkatapat lang ang building g VM resort and White Beach Resort same price din naman.

Sana pala nag sama ako ng isa para me ka share ako sa bayad ng room wahahha :lol:

Ei Sup! Musta na? Sana sinama mo ko hehehe. Thanks for the price info

teka is this the resto na my boat table? :unsure:

Yup, but they are jetski tables... Foodtrip sa Galera

badtrip yung aksidenteng nangyari sa commados 6, masyado din kasing ganid ang mga boat operators na yan,

gusto nila parang sardinas ang mga banka nila bago mag-byahe...

this will reflect badly on the image of puerto galera... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by gyobags

12 killed as motor ferry sinks off Verde Island

05/23/2009 | 04:16 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | ShareThis

(Update) MANILA, Philippines - Twelve people, including 3 children and a Japanese tourist, were killed after a large motorized outrigger capsized near Mindoro Island on Saturday, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said.

Chief Supt. Luisito Palmera, police chief for Region 4B (Mimaropa), said in a text message to reporters in Manila that the MB Commando 6 sank at about noon near Verde Island, 85 miles (135 kilometers) south of Manila.

Palmera said the boat sank when one of its outriggers broke.

The Coast Guard in Manila says there were 57 survivors, including five crew members.

As of 3:59 pm, the last count of fatalities was 12, including two young boys and one young girl, seven adult women and adult men, said Palmera. He said one of the dead victims was a Japanese tourist.

He said the victims were identified by rescuers as:

1. Franco P. Eugenio, 3 years old, White Plains, Quezon City;

2. Anton Cruz Eugenio, 2, White Plains, Quezon City;

3. Gregonia C. Pabliko, 58, Sta Cruz, Manila;

4. Albino Pablico, 55, Sta Cruz, Manila;

5. Beta Berdin, 2, Sta Mesa, Manila;

6. Melanie Berdin, 30, Sta Mesa, Manila;

7. Desiree Teodoro, 20, Taytay, Rizal;

8. Joena Perez, 25, Batangas;

9. Yaya Tess, age unknown;

10. Mina Ricci Cads, Binangonan, Rizal;

11. Daisy Eugenio, Quezon City; and

12. Hosotani Shoji, a Japanese tourist.

Palmera said the boat left Batangas City pier for the tourist resort town of Puerto Galera in Mindoro Oriental before the accident.

Not long after the boat left, it sent out a distress call.

Responding rescuers took some of the injured to nearby hospitals but one child was declared dead on arrival by an attending physician, Dr. Rosse Villaruel, at the Puerto Galera Muncipal Health Center.

Five passengers are presently undergoing medical treatment at the same center, Palmera said.

Commodore Cecil Chen, Coast Guard commander for Southern Luzon, cited sketchy initial reports saying the ferry sank despite good weather.

"Maganda naman ang panahon. Bago siya nakarating may problema siguro kaya lumubog (The weather was fine. But before it could reach its destination it sank)," CHen told dzBB radio. He said they are still determining the cause of the sinking. - With Kimberly Jane T. Tan, GMANews.TV

2007 was the last time i went to puerto with my gf, i noticed right away that the boat we are in is almost full but they kept on adding passengers. I wasnt able to ask crew members how much is the capacity instead i grabbed 2 lifejackets, 1 for me and the other for my gf. Some of the co passengers were looking at us smiling but i dont mind, i felt really scared thinking the boat might sunk because it was overloaded. Thankfully nothing happened. Im writing this post for those who are planning to go to puerto, dont be afraid to ask the boat crew about the passengers capacity coz most of them boat operators really overload especially during summer where puerto is at its peak season.Also, grab a lifejacket immediately after boarding the boat, u can never tell as accident comes when u least expect. Have fun at the beach.. :goatee:

I agree better be safe than sorry. (instant death ito hindi ito std na pwedeng gamutin)

During Summer and Weekend almost all boats are overloaded.

Sana magkarron ng Pier sa White Beach para magkaroon ng Airconditioned Fastcraft. May individual seat ito so hindi pwedeng mag over capacity at imbes na 90 minutes baka maging 45minutes na lang byahe,

Edited by jerzz

Im a survivor in that Commando 6 tragedy.. I really thought it was really the end of everything...

When we were sailing, I really felt there was something wrong in how the captian is driving his boat, Commando 6 was sailing against the big waves.. kaya nasira yung katig sa right side and we overturned very fast wala pa siguro 1 minute un... we were not given lifevests, and there was really no time to get time get the lifevests na mukhang nakatali pa sa pinaglalagyan nila... when we went down under, It was hard to get out because you are trapped in the trapal that protects you from being wet.. Nakatali yun ng pagkahigpit higpit kaya hindi ka talaga mkakalabas basta basta.. I dived under to go out and pass through the gap between the boat and trapal.. But I got hit in the head at nakainom ako ng tubig that made me lost my consciousness..

tirik na mata ko nung inahon ako.. Good thing I immediately had consciousness... I dont remember how I got out basta nasa ibabaw na ko ng tubig nung magkamalay ako... People were still trapped under and diesel has spilled inside the overturned boat... While we were clinging beside the boat, everyone was shouting for help and was really trying to get people out down under.. Pero those people diving are mostly passengers who was trying to find their companions who were trapped under.. I dont remember seeing or even hearing the crew take the leadership on what to do in situations like that.. Hindi mo maramdaman na they were trying to make measures to lessen the casualties or to control situation.. Parang mas takot pa sila dun sa mga taong bihira bumyahe ng dagat... It seems that everyone has to save their own lives.. they didnt even tried to remove the trapal that trapped the people down under.. baka daw lumabas yung diesel... eh kahit ano naman gawin mo lalabas din yung diesel na yun dahil ndi naman talaga nakaseal yung trapal... It just made it hard for us to get lifevests for those who can dive.. nakakatakot din kasi baka kapag sumisid ka sa loob, di ka na makalabas.. I tried diving once to get lifevests but I got short of breath immediately.. siguro dahil sa tubig sa lungs ko... I was also with someone who doesnt know how to swim thats why she freaked out when I tried to dive once.. Then may mga passersby na bangka, i think mga 2 boats yun.. nagmenor lang tapos umalis din.. hindi man lang nag change course para hagisan kami ng life vest... It was really such a tragic memory seeing people die beside you, with their mouths full of bubbles.. we were trying to hold their bodies so they dont get drifted away... Almost 1.5 hours pa bago dumating yung rescue... then came the other Commandos to rescue us... when they took us on their boat, they tried to overturn the boat to retrieve anyone who might be still trapped under... It was a hard try but eventually they overturned the boat.. Guess what.. mukhang mas interesado pa sila isave yung mga gamit namin kesa maghanap ng mga tao... finally when they have already retrieved the bodies, umalis na kami which is mga 20 minutes pa bago ka makarating sa pier.. Mobiles and jeeps were already waiting for the survivors to bring us in the health center where we are treated for injuries.. I was given oxygen since I really felt pain everytime I breath and started to have a headache... During the headcount of the survivors and fatalities lumalabas na 60 kami but the number of people in the manifesto was only 42.. Overloaded kami.. No wonder hindi kami binigyan ng lifevests kasi mahahalata na overloaded yung boat... Then our bags came.. Sabi ko sana ndi nawala gamit ko kasi yung mga ID's ko at pera ko... Ang nakakainis when I opened my bag, wala na yung wallet ko! Its impossible for it to fall out kasi naka zipper yung bag ko at itinago ko pa sa ilalim... Some survivors even complained na binalik nga yung wallet, kinuha naman yung cash nila.. Some of the dead lost their cash or wallets when they were retrieved.. badtrip talaga.. mga nanamantala.... hindi nyo na ginalang yung mga namatay... Adding insult to injury talaga.. Nagtuturuan pa kesyo yung coast guard daw ang nagretrieve.. well, I really dont know whats the real story kung sino talaga ang kumuha.. I stayed overnyt sa center because of shortness of breath and dehydration... There was a guy who came at the center during the wee hours of the morning to check on my condition and gave us money para panggastos daw.. ayaw namin sana tanggapin kasi baka isipin nya because of that hndi kami magrereklamo after everything... but we were really out of cash, ala talaga kami pamasahe pabalik kaya tinanggap na rin namin... I might be wrong on my suspicions pero sa sobrang sama ng loob ko, naisip ko na baka yung mga perang pinamimigay nyo eh yun din ang kinuha nyo sa amin.. Well, I just kept that comment to myself, wala na kong lakas manisi pa... I really wish there are other survivors out there reading this... I hope we can get together to file a case... Kung natural tragedy to.. mapapalampas ko pa eh.. yung tipong lakas lang ng alon or bad weather.. but there was overloading.. tapos erroneous maneuvering of the craft (parang gusto niya salubungin lahat ng alon na mkita nya)... tapos no safety precautions (wearing of lifevests.. the tied trapal..).. and worse.. ninakawan pa kami.. kaya sobra na.. we were fortunate that we were alive but these people should be given a lesson.. safety pa rin ng bawat isa ang priority dapat.. kaya I'm calling to those who survived and to those who lost their love ones... Lets not allow those people get away from the consequences of their actions dahil gusto nila kumita ng pera...

tama lang that they file a case against them

very unfortunate....

i remember in boracay that you should wear the vest

before the boat leaves the pier any passenger caught

with out vest the captain or owner of the boat gets a fine

sana ganun din dito...

Im a survivor in that Commando 6 tragedy.. I really thought it was really the end of everything...

I suggest that you contact the media and have them publish your story, your story will help other people in the future, especially the crew and coast guard on how to train the crews. you should also post it as a blog for other people to read and learn from your experience.. I went to Puerto 2 yrs ago riding those big banka on my vacation to the Philippines, I noticed the life vest are worn and made of cheap materials that I really doubt if they can keep you afloat. I have since brought my own life vest from states to be safe. my point is the coast guard should make sure those vest are functional and not merely for show to meet the requirement of having vest on board. As you pointed out that those vests are hard to get to (maybe they are afraid of being stolen). I would suggest that you request to wear it while the boat is sailing to be sure. otherwise, do as I do, bring your own. hehehe

Edited by patok