The Best Buffets - Taste + Value For Money

Thanks for your recommendations,Atong Ang.Btw,where is El Comedor located?Honestly,i havent eaten either at Alba's yet,but have read good FR's about it here.Does Alba's & El Comedor only serve spanish cuisine or other kinds as well?

Btw, i heard that Makati Shangrila no longer gives 2persons,pay for 1only for buffets using their privilege cards, 20% discount na lang.:( Is this true?

Albas serves only Spanish food and is located on polaris street in Bel Air,its only a few blocks from my makati place.El Comedor is on Pasay road at the Anson arcade.Spanish food only :)

Thanks for your recommendations,Atong Ang.Btw,where is El Comedor located?Honestly,i havent eaten either at Alba's yet,but have read good FR's about it here.Does Alba's & El Comedor only serve spanish cuisine or other kinds as well?

Btw, i heard that Makati Shangrila no longer gives 2persons,pay for 1only for buffets using their privilege cards, 20% discount na lang.:( Is this true?

lest time we went there, it was less 33.33% for 2 people or less 1 person for 3 or more people dining

Sonya's Garden at tagaytay...all  you can eat and drink....reservatin nga lang...P500 plus VAT so all in all P550. Sulit talaga...enjoy pa ang view, very relaxing :D

YUP ... tried it before and it was good ... my wife, who doesn't like to eat uncooked veggies, had seconds and thirds ... and you forgot one thing, the hostess, Sonya, was so warm and friendly ... :cool:

Do you guys know the contact number of Sonya's garden? Try nyo din buffet sa cafe market  (Hyatt Marina) Authentic ang syle ng cooking nila, all chefs are foreigner. If i emember mga P1300 per head don.

Sonya s garden no is 0917 5329097 or 09175335140 look for Girly or Nimfa,these are the assiatants of Sonya Garcia,who is a friend of mine.1200 pesos per head in Market Cafe

came from market cafe last night. their baked oysters with topped mozzarella cheese were VERY fresh. grilled fish was very tender. too bad there was no lamb available. italian pork sausage was also very good. chinese dishes were still very good. prawn with garlic sotanghon were very fresh. the flavor of the garlic was very strong but did not dominate the prawn flavor. the abalone with sea cucumber was very well done but was just a little tad salty. desserts were still the same good tasting pastries.

I agree with mr ang. Market Cafe at

sheraton ba? its the new hotel corners mh del pilar and adriatico. Buffet food is different, chafed dish food was better than average. Grill is great. And the oysters fabulous. Presentation and the ambiance is very elegant.

Maybe coz its a new hotel.

I agree with mr ang.  Market Cafe at

sheraton ba? its the new hotel corners mh del pilar and adriatico.  Buffet food is different, chafed dish food was better than average. Grill is great. And the oysters fabulous.  Presentation and the ambiance is very elegant. 

it grand hyatt, which is different from hyatt regency in pasay. being a new hotel, it has a big edge in terms of newer equipment, dishes and utensils. staff morale is evidently high. one distinct advantage of the cafe is the well educated staff. the chefs and service personnel know their basics. the f&B director is also very knowledgeable and updated technically, which is also a big plus for them. if can maintain the momentum and improve the present system, it will definitely be THE place for dining.

I agree with mr ang.  Market Cafe at

sheraton ba? its the new hotel corners mh del pilar and adriatico.  Buffet food is different, chafed dish food was better than average. Grill is great. And the oysters fabulous.  Presentation and the ambiance is very elegant. 

it grand hyatt, which is different from hyatt regency in pasay. being a new hotel, it has a big edge in terms of newer equipment, dishes and utensils. staff morale is evidently high. one distinct advantage of the cafe is the well educated staff. the chefs and service personnel know their basics. the f&B director is also very knowledgeable and updated technically, which is also a big plus for them. if can maintain the momentum and improve the present system, it will definitely be THE place for dining.

The newly opened Brazilian BBQ located at the corner of Wilson and P. Guevarra Sts. offer very good bbq dishes. They have on display the usual rice, pasta, meat dishes, dessert, and japanese sushi. the bbq are not on display. Instead, waiters with racks of different kinds of meat (beef, lamb, roast pork, ribs, ham, frankfurters) would go around and offer you slices of the meat that they're carrying. But it's also eat-all-you-can.

I particularly liked the beef bbq and lamb bbq. I forgot to ask how much per head though, as the bill was footed by a friend. :)

Edited by fortune_cookie
The newly opened Brazilian BBQ located at the corner of Wilson and P. Guevarra Sts. offer very good  bbq dishes. They have on display the usual rice, pasta, meat dishes, dessert, and japanese sushi. the bbq are not on display. Instead, waiters with racks of different kinds of meat (beef, lamb, roast pork, ribs, ham, frankfurters) would go around and offer you slices of the meat that they're carrying. But it's also eat-all-you-can.

I particularly liked the beef bbq and lamb bbq. I forgot to ask how much per head though, as the bill was footed by a friend.  :)

if this is operated by the same group as brazil brazil located at rockwell, then its probably worth the try. the first (and probably the last time) i went there last month, it was somewhere around 600 with drinks so i estimate at around 500. actually, the food there is good; its just that i have to regulate my cholesterol intake and this place is such an artery blocker. they had very good shrimp and mango salad. the meats were fresh but they took their sweet time in bringing out the lamb. it seemed to many they were delaying to lamb and pushing the pork. they also had very sweet barbequed pineapple.

if this is operated by the same group as brazil brazil located at rockwell, then its probably worth the try. the first (and probably the last time) i went there last month, it was somewhere around 600 with drinks so i estimate at around 500.  actually, the food there is good; its just that i have to regulate my cholesterol intake and this place is such an artery blocker.  they had very good shrimp and mango salad.  the meats were fresh but they took their sweet time in bringing out the lamb. it seemed to many they were delaying to lamb and pushing the pork.  they also had very sweet barbequed pineapple.

i think the two establishments are the same, as the one i went to also had very sweet barbequed pineapple.

• 2 weeks later...

i hate dads and saisaku. food quality sucks. i even heard that their employees deliberately sabotage their food before. don't know if it's still happening but it's already stamped in my mind. i heard circles (in shangrila makati i think) is has very good brunch menu.

imho, supot to da max ang dads/saisaki/kamayan na iyan. nasira na ang imahe ng saisaki at kamayan noong unang araw. mga sashimi/sushi nila pangit ang kalidad, at luma pa. mga ulam nila puros gawgaw at additives na lang. saan ka pa ba makakaita ng tempura na ang hipon ay hinati pa? kung ako si vicvic villavicencio, papaibilin ko sa guwardya nila na huwag magpapasok ng taga-japanese empbassy, baka mainsulto pa sila at magdeklara ng giyera sa pilipinas....

ng kamayan naman puro alat lang ang natitikman mo.

looks like the triple v group has been receiving a lot of bad publicity these days. such a pity, as some of the cooks there are very talented, such as the sushi chefs there. due to the poor employment practices, many of the more experienced guys have either transferred to other countries or to luxury cruises. add that to the bad rep*tation of the firm for their payables, and thats the perfect formula going downhill