Laptop/Notebook Owners

hi. i'm not a techie person and i need help in understanding what notebook will work better for me.

is the compaq v3309 a good buy at 29k? how about compaq v3325, is it a good buy at 43k? i'll be getting them directly from hp. all i need is a unit that will be user friendly and will not require a lot of maintenance. i'll use it only at home, for email and for surfing the web.

thanks.

ano ba specs ng 2 laptop? if personal use kahit hindi ganun ka-high end kung hindi ka power user ... depende rin kasi sa applications/needs mo

ano ba specs ng 2 laptop? if personal use kahit hindi ganun ka-high end kung hindi ka power user ... depende rin kasi sa applications/needs mo

Compaq v3309 - 80gb hdd, 512mb ram, built-in wifi, altec lansing speaker, intel celeron m processor 440

Compaq v3325 - same as above with OS (Windows Visata Home Basic), dvd driver, duo core, intel core duo processor t2350

honestly, for personal use lang sobra. i only plan to surf, to download and to watch dvd's. i'm currently veering towards v3325.

Proud owner of TOSHIBA Satellite M100 with the following specs

Intel® Core2 Duo Processor (1.66GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB)

1G DDR2 SDRAM

100GB SATA HDD

DVD SuperMulti Double Layer

Intel® GMA950, 128MB

14.1 Clear SuperView TFT

Compaq v3309 - 80gb hdd, 512mb ram, built-in wifi, altec lansing speaker, intel celeron m processor 440

Compaq v3325 - same as above with OS (Windows Visata Home Basic), dvd driver, duo core, intel core duo processor t2350

honestly, for personal use lang sobra. i only plan to surf, to download and to watch dvd's. i'm currently veering towards v3325.

If you are into any intensive apps, the celeron laptop will be more than adequate. Just be sure that you won't have really big computing needs for 2 to 3 years because thats how long you will need to keep your laptop to get full use out of it. If yu have extra, it makes a lot of difference to have 1 gb of ram.

Bear in mind though that compaqs, while very good overall, have lousy casings. If you don't exercise your laptops hinges for weeks on end, they sart tightening up to the point where they will force the case to crack.

I bought my Acer Aspire 5583WXMi last December 2006

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500

256MB nVidia GeForce Go 7300 dedicated memory

120GB HDD

1 Gig DDR2 running Windows XP and Windows VISTA Home Premium on two partitions.

802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN

Bluetooth 2.0+EDR

DVD super multi double layer

yup, I am satisfied with it except for the BATTERY, shortest timespan with 1 hour and 45 minutes only

Edited by DCRJ

My laptops are

Sony Vaio PCG-GRT100 (circa 2003)

- Good battery when it was new and gave around 2 Hrs., now its just 25 minutes. Power is the best, runs even Windows Vista (without the aero)

Dell Latitude D520

- Good battery, 2.5 hrs on heavy use.

- Vista capable

IBook G4

Best battery so far, still gives out 2.5hrs non-stop

Mine's an IBM T40 with Pentium M 1.5GHz, 512 MB, DVD-CD/RW. Am thinking of upgrading the RAM to 1G plus awaiting my internal wireless card from ebay. So far so good.

Office unit is HP nc 6220 with Centrino 1.8GHz 1GB, DVD-CD/RW. I have no idea why its hard drive slows up sometimes.

Guest brutus
May question ako

May nakita ako 2nd hand laptop kanina sa makati

2.6 Ghz processor, P4 di ko alam mobo.

Cd rom drive lang 256mb DDr ram xp pro

22k pde naba un?

Wala lang dvd rom or writer at built in VC ok naba un?

Mura eh!

mahal yun bro

buy a Centrino 1.4Ghz na branded

Combo Drive

40GB HD

256 to 512MB Memory depende sa brand

14 to 15.1 Screen

29K lang!!!

Bakit?

Mataaas processor although la VC and la dvd rom

Hmmm..

wag mong ikumpara yung clock speed ng P4 2.6ghz against Centrino 1.4ghz