Laptop/Notebook Owners

Aw di na edit yung first post ko. Anyway continuation dun sa post ni Kurtsky

Note again. Dont look on the performance of the processor by its frequency (Ghz). You said that 1.7Ghz ang kadalasan nakikita mo? Core Duo T2300 running at 1.66Ghz is far superior over an Celeron M which is at 2.2Ghz. Regarding sa video cards, may built in naman na graphics card na maganda for gaming like the Intel GMA900 (Graphics Media Accelerator). But dont expect that it can power up heavy duty games. Remember it is still a laptop and if you want a high end built in card (7800 GO im not sure with the model), you have to shell out some cash for that.

And for a 30k worth of laptop, heavy gaming is not worth it. Sa 30k budget for a laptop kung ako tatanungin mo, I will be getting a Pentium M powered laptop with GMA graphics. Tapos after sometime upgrade the RAM to boost loading times. Then ok na. Kung may higher budget ka, of course you can get yourself a much powerful laptop.

I guess the only choice is Pentium M or Celeron M

I might just upgrade to core duo soon

Since ATM,I just play online rpg games (which most of them do not have high pc requirements except battlefield 2,fear, etc)

But i guess for games like wow,ragnarok,cs,dota,guild wars,rf etc, pde na ang Pentium m with like u said intel built in graphics.

Most games lang naman na kelangan ng high end cards eh ung mga single player rpg games,strategy etc.

Bihira din ung mga online rpgs at shoot em ups na kelangan.. Well, if lalaro ako ng BF2 or some graphics intense game, mag nenet cafe nalang ako. At least pde ako makapag laro ng Wow while on the road which is nice. And surfing too.

Also, I saw one Laptop with a Celeron M proc, pero may Geforce card na built in siya forgot what model. Saw a couple of those the other day.. And guess what the laptop was on sale for about 45k, well. Medyo overbudget pero at least Nvidia card siya which could help on some games

Thanks

Edited by kUrTsKY

Singit question pala,

Mahal ba if ever magpa dagdag ako ng RAM like DDR2 1 gig or more?

Say 512 lang kasama syempre the more the better diba?

And if id like to have a different board? Or should I just stick to the board na kasama? Kasi sa desktop ko mapili ako sa board eh, Intel kasama nung PC ko tas pinalian ko ng asus tas..

Salamat sa mga sagot

:cool:

Edited by kUrTsKY
Singit question pala,

And if id like to have a different board? Or should I just stick to the board na kasama? Kasi sa desktop ko mapili ako sa board eh, Intel kasama nung PC ko tas pinalian ko ng asus tas..

Salamat sa mga sagot

laptop RAM upgragrade: normally you have to replace both chip since there are only 2RAM slots for most laptops. If you bought your laptop w/ 512MB (2x256) you have to replace both with 2x512MB to make it 1gig or 2x1Gb to make it 2gig.

• 2 weeks later...
i got a benq joybook 7000, not really happy with the performance, will be getting an asus for the next one.

I was really tempted to get BenQ joy book but decided to get the Hp-Compaq presario x1000 no regrets so far. My new IBM T60 still rox.

post-13951-1174085110.jpg

Correction lang tol, hope you don't mind.

Core 2 Duo is an improvement of the Core Duo architecture. And Core 2 Duo isn't just for desktop. It is used in laptops as well.

True.

I have a core 2 duo 2.16 ghz on my 15-inch Macbook Pro.

2 MB of L2 cache per core

1.5 gb of 667 MHz system ram

160 gb sata hard disk

128 MB Radeon X1600 discrete video

dual layer, slot load DVD RW,

plus all the usual stuff...

AND THE BEST OS IN THE WORLD: OS X -- no anti-virus software needed.

Quiet --no fans and a sexy titanium case.

Singit question pala,

Salamat sa mga sagot

The price of RAM varies with size and speed. You will find that especially for faster DDR2 RAM, 512mb is less than half the price of 1gb and God knows what 2 gb ram would cost especially SODIMM RAM for laptops. What determines the kind of RAM you use is the design of your motherboard/logic board and the speed of its bus. Think of a computer bus as like a highway through which data travels to its different components. Ergo, the faster the bus, the faster the refresh rate of the memory you need. Use slower RAM on a fast board and the thing will either not boot or will hang like your mom's weekly laundry. I installed PC4300 DDR2s on my Macbook Pro and it refused to boot. PC5300s had to go in.

On desktops, the same concepts apply. You can use fast RAM on a slower board but you would be wasting money unless you have plans of upgrading your MoBo down the road.

I am not familiar with standard RAM packages for desktops as I use all laptops but I guess the relationship between prices of smaller sized RAM to largers ones would be the same. 1gb of DDR2, PC4300 SODIMM ram is about P6,300 against the P2,800 for the faster PC5300 512mb DDR2 SODIMM. Cut about P2k for the desktop DIMMs from these prices and that should be a good enough indicator.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/100705526.png[/url][/img]

True.

I have a core 2 duo 2.16 ghz on my 15-inch Macbook Pro.

2 MB of L2 cache per core

1.5 gb of 667 MHz system ram

160 gb sata hard disk

128 MB Radeon X1600 discrete video

dual layer, slot load DVD RW,

plus all the usual stuff...

AND THE BEST OS IN THE WORLD: OS X -- no anti-virus software needed.

Quiet --no fans and a sexy titanium case.

actually, the OSX was bombarded with a lot of viruses late last yr and early this yr.. and from what i know, these are serious viruses and not some college prank.. check your system to be sure that u dnt have any viruses..

got a macbook with intel core duo, love it, running vista on it not osx 1gb ram

only problem with vista on macbook pala, cant seem to make isight work, other than that, i love it

that's quite like using a BMW to transport animal feed to the farms...

or prince charming ending up choosing one of the ugly sisters instead of cinderella...

Give OS X a whirl. Once you get used to the interface you will see that is is more stable,faster, and secure. I don't use a y anti virus or anti spyware for instance.

actually, the OSX was bombarded with a lot of viruses late last yr and early this yr.. and from what i know, these are serious viruses and not some college prank.. check your system to be sure that u dnt have any viruses..

Oh I didn't say there were no viruses attacking OS X, I said I didn't need anti virus software. Right now, most hardware on OS X are made by Apple. And Apple software update works on even a box designed for other OSs if you setup for OSx86. Once you get the updates (and not just the OS but all other software as well) your system is protected. Apple doesn't discuss what or how their security updates behave but I suspect, the updates would do a system check and clean up transparently.

I looked at the current crop of virii that attack OS X and they get nasty in terms of changin file and folder names, making some programs unstable but nothing like deleting your hard disk (which would be my main fear). And all of these would work only on version 10.4.7 not earlier versions and not later. I'm already on 10.4.9 so, yes thanks for the heads-up (I did rush to check the Apple security page to check) but it was like a Mark Twain Obituary.

BLUE RADON-W 310

Processor : Intel Core Duo T2400 (1.83 GHz)

Memory: 1GB

Display 13.3" Wide XGA

Video : ATI Mobility Radeon X1300

Harddisk: 80GB

Optical: Drive DVD Dual

Wi-Fi :Intel PRO / Wireless 3945ABG

Bundled OS Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Features :Card reader, Bluetooth, 1.87kg,

Touch sensitive shortcut buttons

BLUE RADON NW REVIEWS:

http://www.hardwarezone.com.ph/news/view.p...=6554&cid=9

http://www.mb.com.ph/issues/2006/12/20/TEC...6122082861.html

So far his laptop doesnt injure my budget and most of all discreet video card!

hi. i'm not a techie person and i need help in understanding what notebook will work better for me.

is the compaq v3309 a good buy at 29k? how about compaq v3325, is it a good buy at 43k? i'll be getting them directly from hp. all i need is a unit that will be user friendly and will not require a lot of maintenance. i'll use it only at home, for email and for surfing the web.

thanks.