Laptop/Notebook Owners

mine's an ASUS D1 series. its not actually a laptop but it is labeled as a portable desktop pc. not that good kasi you have to plug it all the time and medyo mabigat. but the plus points of this laptop is that the specs are like desktop pcs so ok na din. and i cant complain kasi bigay lang naman sa akin to. hehehe

Guest Dobermaxx
Acer 3680. Ok naman. Kaso it came with Vista basic so it's kinda slow. And the speakers need improvement.

I have the 3683, essentially the same thing but it came with Linux. I agree, the speakers are pretty lousy. If you want to run Vista I suggest you upgrade to at least 1GB of ram. I'm using XP Pro on 512MB and its running well.

hello people,

could anyone please help me? if i have 60thou and i want to spend it to buy a laptop, what would you advise me to get? and where would you tell me to buy it?

on what are you planning to use your laptop e.g. web design, video editing or just plain browsing and word processing?

Toshiba Satellite Centrino... 40gbHD

When I bought it, it only has 256 mb ram...

Before I left the Philippines I added another 512mb...

But it still sometime give me a warning "virtual memory slow" so i might add an additional 512 mb.. 3 slots naman sya eh... may vacant pa akong isa..

Help naman mga peeps, Where can i buy a brand new battery for my old PIII Toshiba Satallite? Is there a shop that sells such items?

Has any of you tried having their dead laptop batts repacked? How did it go and will you recommend it? How much and where? Thanks

Edited by peep_tom
Hey guys what do you think about the HP Pavillion TX 1005AU tablet PC. Ok ba yung AMD Turion 64 x 2 CPU niya? I really liked its size and features although there is still the presario DV2220 that is much bigger and intel processor for the same price. Thanks in advance for any reolt. :cool:

I have the tx1120us and have not had any problems with it. The main question is if you really need a tablet PC. If you're considering the DV2220, you probably don't need the tablet features so the DV2220 may be the way to go.

I have the tx1120us and have not had any problems with it. The main question is if you really need a tablet PC. If you're considering the DV2220, you probably don't need the tablet features so the DV2220 may be the way to go.

Thanks for the info. Parang ang ganda lang kasi ng tablet at touchscreen features noon. Also the size and weight is just right for carrying around for work presentation. A bit pricy lang nga, maybe I should wait a while longer for the price of the technology to drop or wait for the intel version to come out. :thumbsupsmiley: Thanks again.

Guest -=xerxes=-
I have the 3683, essentially the same thing but it came with Linux. I agree, the speakers are pretty lousy. If you want to run Vista I suggest you upgrade to at least 1GB of ram. I'm using XP Pro on 512MB and its running well.

mine is 5552wxmi

duo core

60GB hd

512 MB ddr2

dvd recorder

with 1.4mp cam built in, blue tooth and card reader

ok naman sa far pero di maganda gano sound speaker,

anyways, the gen manager of acer phil is my friend kaya di ako maka complain, got lots of freebies from him,

mine is 5552wxmi

duo core

60GB hd

512 MB ddr2

dvd recorder

with 1.4mp cam built in, blue tooth and card reader

ok naman sa far pero di maganda gano sound speaker,

anyways, the gen manager of acer phil is my friend kaya di ako maka complain, got lots of freebies from him,

sa acer aspire notebook:

magkano ba yung 3yrs extended warranty sa Acer? kasi wala pang 90 days notebbok ko

saan naman ako pupunta para bumili ng 3yrs extended warranty?

magkano yang built-in bluetooth module ng acer?

Edited by popalopski