Laptop/Notebook Owners

using

http://www.finalsense.com/news/image/laptop/compaq-c501nr.jpg

compaq presario... very basic lang talaga. panginternet lang. ngupgrade lang ako ng memory addtl 1gig. bilis na!!! sobrang mamimiss ko d2 ung speaker. grabe!!! kung me pera lang ako compaq bibilhin ko sa sunod kasi walang wala ibang laptop sa speaker nito. altec lansing.

maya kasi kunin ko na ung bago kong lappy.

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/05/Lenovo%20x61.jpg

yep me antenna sya. mini me ng x60 (which my bf has). ayoko lang sa maliliit ang liliit din ng screen! hahaha! kasi naman nde naman ako mobile. so gsto ko din sana ung malaki screen kasi nood lao ng me streaming d2 haus (iwas homesick). so dahil mgpapalit me laptop (bgay ko na bro ko sa pinas), pgiipunan ko na alng cguro ung tv/lcd monitor na pwedeng saksak sa lappy worth not less than 15kphp ata converted. parang ganito

http://computershopper.com/shoptalk/NX2232w_front.jpg

Edited by girlet
  • 3 weeks later...

eto try nyo...acer 6920G....2duo processor T8100, 2.1GH, 3MB L2 cache, 2GB DDR, 16" HD cinecyrtal LCD, graphics nya NVIDIA Ge Force 9500M up to 1279MB, 320GB HDD, blu ray drive na sya...at cinedash media console sya..try nyo browse sa internet for more info...un nga lang mabigat siya eh..hehe..pero ok performance ! sulit...!

this happened about a year ago. I was the IT supervisor back then and was tasked to "recover all files" by any means. too bad.. the hard drive was clicking whirring whenever you shake it. a bad sign. bought it to a sony service center. kaput. no hope. the culprit was the motherboard as it experienced a short, according to the technician.

which specific vaio model was it?

i have Compaq Presario V3519TU upgraded into 2GB 667mhz, Core 2Duo Processor T7100 (1.8 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB), it responds like a speed of light. Planning to buy the Sony VAIO FZ series (the ultimate HD vaio) next month, with the basic specs (intel core2 duo processor 2.4ghz, Blu-ray disc drive 15.4" wxga display 1280 x 800, HDD 160gb (hybrid), Genuine Windows Vista home premium, memory 2gb (max 4gb))

here's mine... dell ofcourse love your own...(dito kaya ako nag-wowork hehehe)

vostro 1200/xps 1330 (red)

C2D both

2gb both

120 / 160GB SATA HDD

128MB / 256 Graphics

Vista home / Vista Home Premium

http://laptoping.com/wp-content/dell_vostro_1000.jpg

http://inspirationmap.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/xps1330_red_open.jpg

Edited by naughty_starr
Nope, not for me. It's still included in my "banned" list. Hehe! :upside:

y bro?may i know the reason why you dont like sony vaio?

cause thats the one if using right now...sony vaio white cr series..

may diperensya ba to?wla pa kasi ako na didiscover e

Guest Leviticus

I went malling the other day.. nakita ako na lenovo on display (hmm.. should have taken a picture or took note of the brand). basta dual core siya, 120 gb hard disc, 1 gb memory, 15 display. price tag was in the 26K range.

balak kong ipamana ang laptop ko na NEO to one of our staff. nagtaka lang ako sa lenovo because alam ko ay nasa 35-40k range siya. is there something I don't know bakit biglang NEO range na siya with that kind of specs?

I went malling the other day.. nakita ako na lenovo on display (hmm.. should have taken a picture or took note of the brand). basta dual core siya, 120 gb hard disc, 1 gb memory, 15 display. price tag was in the 26K range.

balak kong ipamana ang laptop ko na NEO to one of our staff. nagtaka lang ako sa lenovo because alam ko ay nasa 35-40k range siya. is there something I don't know bakit biglang NEO range na siya with that kind of specs?

bka linux lang OS nya?

Guest Leviticus
Levi, I'm considering giving those dual-core Neo laptops priced in the low P20k range as a retention bonus to some staff. What's your experience of this brand? Ano sakit nito? At madali ba ayusin? Thanks bro.

I've been using a Neo model M54SE core solo:

Intel® Core™ Solo T1300

1.66GHz, 2Mb, 667MHz

512Mb DDR2-667MHz

80Gb SATA HDD

DVDRW Dual Layer

14" Wide (WXGA) TFT

Built-in 0.3 Web Cam

Wireless 802.11BG / 56Kb Modem

hehe.. It's been awhile since I opened the manual for the actual specs.

I got this unit at 26K two years ago and I'm ready to try other brands (Lenovo; the 15-inch monitor looks enticing since I'm back to wearing glasses due to astigmatism).

I've been using this as my main mobile computer. I've only got two complaints on my laptop and that's:

1. The built-in speakers are not that good (so I use a headset).

2. The webcam image is dark at night even if I have "adequate" lighting so I need a lampshade. I use this for video conferencing.

This is mostly for office work such as writing long documents, doing presentation, and spreadsheets. Since it's mostly for these kinds of tasks, I didn't bother adding additional memory. I think I've dropped this (if I recall correctly) about three times but in all of those times it was inside the shoulder bag. The battery lasts for 3 hours with WiFi turned off, 2 hours when it's on.

lastly, I downgraded the pre-installed Windows Vista to WinXP because it was sooooo slow at 512 RAM. About parts and services? The service center in SM Megamall (Digital Playground) is good, so is the availability of parts. About the neo line, I also saw on display these laptops with pastel colors. D@mn! those were cute :upside: However, monitor was only 12 inches

mine is barely a year old acer 5052ANWXMI we bought at singapore... pretty good for basic tasks...surfing mostly.

depende naman sa needs yan e... im contemplating of buying an eeepc pero sayang kasi meron nako db... and minsan lng naman din ako sa mga wifi areas so basically surf sa bahay lang so im good with what i have now