Laptop/Notebook Owners

i suggest to buy a laptop with a good software support. sa case ko ok sana ang laptop ko compaq presario f550. kelangan ko is mga software like autocad and project management. the problem ung software ko nde nagrun sa vista. my laptop is vista based laptop. nung iconvert ko sa xp daming hirap akong dinaanan maconfigure lang ang right driver.

mas maganda pick a laptop na pwede kahit sa linux.

Guest Leviticus
i suggest to buy a laptop with a good software support. sa case ko ok sana ang laptop ko compaq presario f550. kelangan ko is mga software like autocad and project management. the problem ung software ko nde nagrun sa vista. my laptop is vista based laptop. nung iconvert ko sa xp daming hirap akong dinaanan maconfigure lang ang right driver.

mas maganda pick a laptop na pwede kahit sa linux.

uhm.. correct me if I'm wrong (since out of touch na ako sa linux world for a year) but isn't all laptops can run on (the latest) linux distribution?

i think we buy laptops depending on what and how we see we need it.

like me, gaming and office lang so i bought an acer 4720

dual core 1.6 ( hindi core duo)

2 gig memory

120 hard disk

wifi

dvd rewritable

just gmax na video card

for just 28k pesos ( converted)

i have seen a lot, pero i choose this since nagulat ako sa price and second ung specs na iba are hard to say no to. and best of all im happy. .. . i agree its a tool not a really big investment. . . i could opt for something like core 2 duo wth nvidia video card but what the hell i cant see the needs of it now.

i could probably shell out 40k or more for a core duo at that time but if i buy it now and probably needed its specs the prices already drop by the 20-30k . . . thats my concept i believe they easily lose their value just after a year even just by buying it and turning on its power. marami ng parami ang models .

and if you need it really by the time your buying a 40k now would be better than the 40k then.

i have a toshiba now and will buy another brand by march. ok naman tong laptop ko pa pero tumitirik pag gagamit ng directx.

How old is your laptop? If Directx gives it problems that is a symptom of deeper problems you know.

OT: Oskie, ikaw ba talaga yan? PM Me. We last met in the recent launch of "The Power and The Glory"

Guest Leviticus
ASUS eeePC worth 17k... no desktop user can be faster than this... considering my friend tweaked the windows XP on ASUS :thumbsupsmiley:

welcome to the club. did you know that archbishop cruz also uses an asus eee?

if ur planning to buy a high end, high price laptop, think twice, cause buying a laptop is like buying a car, dapat ok resale value and madaling ibenta dahil ok ang performance and after sales service at of course ok ang price.

Naka high end laptop k nga naw, after 1 yr, my bago na lalabas, khit anong specs pa or water proof, bagsak proof p yan, LUMA na din, ang hirap p ibenta, ksi nga walang bumili s mahal, at LUMA na.

In my OPINION, u should buy a laptop na ung UUBRA na s NEEDS mo, dont buy a laptop ksi MAHAL, Hi TECH masyado, or KAKAIBA, kung hindi ka lang din RICH TALAGA.

Like mE, i changed my laptop every yr since 2005, s US ako buy den after 1yr sell ko, kung magkano bili e ganun ko din sell. VERY EXCELLENT INVESTMENT.

Just my "own" personal opinion.

Think b4 u buy!

just read your post...

excellent!!!

and finally some common sense in spending...

I'm planning to buy a Lenovo G400. Is there anyone out there who has one? Kamusta. Sulit ba? Parang too good to be true eh. Sobrang mura niya for a branded laptop na hindi bitin sa features :thumbsupsmiley:

anong parang too good to be true?

its an official lenovo model...for budget users...

hindi bitin sa features? what do you mean?

How old is your laptop? If Directx gives it problems that is a symptom of deeper problems you know.

interesting...

ok ang sentence construction..hehehhe

ano deeper problems?

drivers? probably not

virus? probably not

an intel 950 video card? probably yes

ram or the lack or ram? probably yes

cpu? probably not

oh yeah...so now you're using toshiba..and going for another brand?

ummmm kahit branded yan..mabili mo naman mas pangit ang specs sa toshiba mo...medyo di logical...get something that has good specs

sa computer industry ngayon we have excellent brands...

service also is a factor..especially for laptops...

Ei! Nice to see you again sir :cool:

What I mean is I think it's really cheap for a branded laptop.

Most of the laptops I see within that range are either a branded Celeron

or a generic Dual Code.

In terms of features, I think it doesn't fall short since it's a 1.8 Dual Core with

2GB DDRAM and has a 120GB HD. I'm just worrying that there might be a catch to it

like screen easily wears down or the plastics easily crack... or the system

always crashes... I just wanted to hear feedbacks from owners of it. :)

anong parang too good to be true?

its an official lenovo model...for budget users...

hindi bitin sa features? what do you mean?

Ei! Nice to see you again sir :cool:

What I mean is I think it's really cheap for a branded laptop.

Most of the laptops I see within that range are either a branded Celeron

or a generic Dual Code.

In terms of features, I think it doesn't fall short since it's a 1.8 Dual Core with

2GB DDRAM and has a 120GB HD. I'm just worrying that there might be a catch to it

like screen easily wears down or the plastics easily crack... or the system

always crashes... I just wanted to hear feedbacks from owners of it. :)

its not offered sa us market..but i've read some articles about it...they say its just feature packed...i've seen the photos it looked really nice.. compared to compaqs at the same price range..

i'd get one for my sibs if they need it..but my sib is asking for a macbook... krazy sib..hehehe

lenovo is selling it in thailand sing and some other southasian countries...

di ko lng alam kung saan yun lenovo service center sa metro manila....

@stickshift

what apps are you using?

how often are you online?

i use mostly the basic apps of mac. imovie, garageband, etc. plus i have microsoft office for mac which is pretty good too. im trying to learn photoshop now but im busy with other things haha. im online randomly, not on a set time but whenever i feel like goine online.