Laptop/Notebook Owners

any suggestions with the HP pavilion dv series?......i bought one here in australia for about 1,150 aus dollrs am not sure how much it cost there in pines?.....

cheersmate!

Just for info i used to have hp 1012, for the price of 118k its not good, service is lousy here.

sold it for just 45k just a few weeks now using a acer 5583 for the price of 69k almost the same spec

in fact much better, just for ur info, good luck

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w168/metrocandy/40527s.jpg

I got 3-yr old IBM Thinkpad X31 - very satisfied!!!

Intel 1.4 Centrino, 12.1 Display, 512 MB, 30G HD

I want the X60 for my next notebook but my budget does not permit me so I just settled for the 14" T60. I customized it and will be ariving soon.

Here's the specs

Intel Core 2 Duo (2GHz)

1GB Memory( 1 DIMM only so I can easily add another 1GB when budget permits me)

120G HD, DVD R/RW, WLAN, Bluetooth. Fingerprint Reader

My wife will get my old notebook and she's very happy since it's still performing very good.

Just for info i used to have hp 1012, for the price of 118k its not good, service is lousy here.

sold it for just 45k just a few weeks now using a acer 5583 for the price of 69k almost the same spec

in fact much better, just for ur info, good luck

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w168/metrocandy/40527s.jpg

u had a big fat huge stuff on dat bro, hmmm dats damn xpnsive......why u let it go? wat do ya mean by poor service? you mean the HP reps in pines?..... so far i find mine works well, see if things gonna change after a yr or so!

wel, tenks for d info!

acer aspire 5571. works good for me in the last 3 months. though i heard travelmates are better kasi the screen daw is not crystalbright. guys.. which screen is better ba? ung crystal bright or ung regular lcds i see from other laptops? kse my girlis choosing between the travelmate and aspire series ng acer. same specs naman daw its just the screen lang.

thanks!

where can i buy affordable IBM LCD? mine got broken and it will cost me 30k to have it fixed according to villman..

i'm using an external monitor right now.. :(

checkout ebay, you'll find cheaper and affordable prices there specially those guys that ships in HK. My suggestion: don^t bid buyitnow, and to be sure check the feedback rating of the seller before buying.

where can i buy affordable IBM LCD? mine got broken and it will cost me 30k to have it fixed according to villman..

I suggest you try going to www.pchub.com. You might be able to find the part you need. then I can probably help install it and if you're not in the makati area. I can refer some in your area.

hi chinits. we fix laptops, and one of our services is replacing LCDs. PM for details.

Our services are the following:

- motherboard repair

- LCD replacement/repair

- battery repacking

- hinge repair

- keyboard repair/replacement

- data recovery

PM me for contact details.

I'm planning to get a new laptop, ano ba ok ngayon? yung affordable ha, budget is 50-60k.. and where can i buy it.. hehe sorry guys ha, clueless kasi ako :)

If you can add a little more on your budget go for the branded ones like (Sony,Dell,Toshiba,Compaq/HP...) and buy directly to an authorized shop and always check the warranty. otherwise if you want just a laptop for everyday surfin :) and you don't mind clone pcs, i suggest wait a bit more in this forum and someone might PM you or vice-versa.

Lenovo Recalls 200,000 Notebook Batteries Worldwide

Reminiscent of 2006's Sony battery recall, Lenovo on Wednesday said that it is recalling more than 200,000 batteries manufactured by Sanyo and used in its ThinkPad models Z, T and R computers. The affected batteries should be removed immediately -- users can run their ThinkPads on AC current until a new battery arrives.

more details on the link below

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/MPfFIV...Worldwide.xhtml

I am using Acer Aspire 5583WXMi Intel Core 2 Duo T5500, nVidia GeForce 7300 Go dedicated 256MB memory, upgraded to 1 Gig DDR2, 120GB HDD partitioned to two, one partition holds Windows XP while the other partition holds Windows Vista Ultimate. Yes, I am somewhat completely satisfied with it. Windows Vista Ultimate runs smoothly, Windows XP is very stable. I am enjoying the Aero feature of Vista. I am able to select video files as my wallpaper (Dream Scene). Company of Heroes , a PC game runs smooth on Vista but only with medium graphical settings. My only complaint is the battery which runs only for 2.5 hours on 50% LCD brightness, 1 hour and 45 minutes on 80% LCD brightness.

Asus A9R-Yonah-533MHz Setup . . . (newly configured . . . .!!!)

ASUS A9R Notebook PC

Specifications:

• Intel® Celeron® M Processor 440

- 1Mb L2 Cache, 1.86GHz, 533MHz FSB

• Mobile ATI Radeon 200M Chipset

• 256Mb DDR2 533MHz SODIMM

• 15.1in. XGA TFT LCD Monitor

• ATI Radeon Express 200M Express Graphics

- Shared 128MB Hyper Memory

• 60Gb Hard Disk Drive

• CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive

• 56Kbps V.90 Data/Fax Modem

• 10/100 Mbps LAN

• 3 x USB 2.0 Ports

• Multiple Card Reader: SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO

• No Operating System

• Lithium-Ion Battery Pack

• Weight: 3.26Kgs.

• Free Items:

- ASUS WL-100GE WiFi PC Card

- ASUS USB Optical Mouse

- Carrying Case

. . . .added plus factor : 6-cell battery !

Noteworthy . . . 1-rj45 / 1-rj11 / 1-Firewire / 4-usb 2.0 / parallel port

PhP 29,788.00

Pde mag tanong

Ano kinaibahan ng Dual Core, Core Duo,Pentium M, Celeron Etc.

Kasi naghahanap ako ng murang laptop eh yung nasa mga 20-30k lang sana.

Kaya lang talaga bang pinaka mataas na processor eh 1.7 Ghz?

Di kayang mag games nun.. Pero Core Duo naman karamihan does it mean double speed ng proc?

Tapos I think DDR2 Ram is better than SD.

And most laptops have built in generic video card. Mahal ba pag ng merong nvidia card na kasama or pag nag pa lagay ka mahal din ba?

Tnx

Pde mag tanong

Ano kinaibahan ng Dual Core, Core Duo,Pentium M, Celeron Etc.

Kasi naghahanap ako ng murang laptop eh yung nasa mga 20-30k lang sana.

Kaya lang talaga bang pinaka mataas na processor eh 1.7 Ghz?

Di kayang mag games nun.. Pero Core Duo naman karamihan does it mean double speed ng proc?

Tapos I think DDR2 Ram is better than SD.

And most laptops have built in generic video card. Mahal ba pag ng merong nvidia card na kasama or pag nag pa lagay ka mahal din ba?

Tnx

1. Dual core means a single physical processor having two logical processor. Basically, imbis na magproduce ng dalawang pirasong processor chip, pinagsama nila ito sa isang dye para ang labas, isang pirasong chip siya na dual core operation. Dual core CPU enhances mostly on multi-tasking, programs that run on multiple instructions at the same time.

2. Celeron (Celeron M for Laptops) is the low end budget processor offered by INTEL. It is produced to meet the demands for basic computer use like typing, surfing and other office works. Well it can play games though but performance will not be that good compared to its higher counterparts.

3. Pentium M is the laptop version of the mainstream processor of INTEL (until Core Duo came). Pentium M has far better edge over Celeron M due to its cache size and frequency. Kung budget ka sa laptop and will not be doing intense applications and at the same time can't affor the Core Duo ones, Pentium M is still a good choice.

4. Core Duo is the latest mobile processor of INTEL. FYI dito po nakuha din ang famous na Core 2 Duo (desktop cpu version), yung technology, efficiency and supreme performance. May kamahalan talaga ang laptops powered by Core Duo processors but their biggest advantage is the high performance capability of the CPU and efficiency (which we consider in a laptop for prolonged battery life and maximize productivity)

Hope this helps.

Aw di na edit yung first post ko. Anyway continuation dun sa post ni Kurtsky

Note again. Dont look on the performance of the processor by its frequency (Ghz). You said that 1.7Ghz ang kadalasan nakikita mo? Core Duo T2300 running at 1.66Ghz is far superior over an Celeron M which is at 2.2Ghz. Regarding sa video cards, may built in naman na graphics card na maganda for gaming like the Intel GMA900 (Graphics Media Accelerator). But dont expect that it can power up heavy duty games. Remember it is still a laptop and if you want a high end built in card (7800 GO im not sure with the model), you have to shell out some cash for that.

And for a 30k worth of laptop, heavy gaming is not worth it. Sa 30k budget for a laptop kung ako tatanungin mo, I will be getting a Pentium M powered laptop with GMA graphics. Tapos after sometime upgrade the RAM to boost loading times. Then ok na. Kung may higher budget ka, of course you can get yourself a much powerful laptop.

Here's mine:

ALIENWARE M5550

- Intel Core2 Duo T7600(2.33Ghz / 4mb / 667Mhz) [MEROM]

- 1024mb DDr2@677Mhz (2 X 512MB)... upgradeable to 2Gb

- 80Gb 5400RPM SATA Harddrive... upgradeable

- Multi Format Dvd±Writer Dual Layer Combo Drive

- Cinematic 15.4-inch WideScreen (1280 x 768) Display

-256mb NVIDIA Geforce Go 7600 Dedicated Video Graphics