Laptop/Notebook Owners

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite

Pentium M- 166

80 Gig HDD

DVD-RW

Wi-Fi

Been using it for almost two years now, bought it in the US, very reliable. Never broke down on me or anything. Great buy.

maybe same model we got there. . .got it in the US, too . .i agree with you. . .reliable . . . never broke down. . . stable . . .personally, better than the thinkpads i got before. . .

i got my new tech toy last jan 28, an hp pavillion laptop dv6149 from the states. specs are as follows:

-core 2 duo 1.66 GHz

-2gb memory

-120gb hard drive

-and my only disappointment is the integrated intel graphics media accelerator for it's video card.

other than that, im all smiles hehe!

• 3 weeks later...

Nagtatanong ung friend ko kung magkano daw pinaka murang latop sa taong may budget .

And yung pwede daw sanang montlhy or "hulugan".

A Decent one though, good ram, VC, mobo etc. With DVD writer/reader.

MMC (optional).

Although not necessarily branded. Better if it is.

Kahit ung nasa 1k a month pde na. Meron ba daw nun?

And worth ba daw kunin ung mga dual core or core duo?

Ung may Wifi din daw sana. And usually how long can you use a laptop in terms of surfing etc.

Sorry but Im clueless about laptops..

Thanks

:D

Edited by kUrTsKY
Nagtatanong ung friend ko kung magkano daw pinaka murang latop sa taong may budget .

And yung pwede daw sanang montlhy or "hulugan".

A Decent one though, good ram, VC, mobo etc. With DVD writer/reader.

MMC (optional).

Although not necessarily branded. Better if it is.

Kahit ung nasa 1k a month pde na. Meron ba daw nun?

And worth ba daw kunin ung mga dual core or core duo?

Ung may Wifi din daw sana. And usually how long can you use a laptop in terms of surfing etc.

Sorry but Im clueless about laptops..

Thanks

:D

Cheapest I've seen in the Market is 27K

Pentium IV

256MB

Combo Drive

14" Screen

40GB

shared video memory

No Wi-Fi - you can buy a USB Wi-Fi for 1K to 1.5K

No Bluetooth, same price above

No Card reader also

if you are loooking for these add on specs plus a DVD writer, expect to spend atleast 50K

Bettery Life for surfing usually lasts for 2.5hours

Watching movies and playing games much less

wala akong alam tungkol sa hulugan

Edited by brutus
Mga bros. Sana may makatulong. I'm going to the USA this april. and i'm bringing my HP Centrino Laptop. masisita ba ako ng mga kanuto kung pirated Windows OS

ang nakakabit dito? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

hi,

i don't think they'd check on your OS. here's the catch though. it didn't take 48 hours for me to be online before bill gates' henchmen caught up with me. here's the details... as soon as i landed, i went online. there wasn't any trouble. on my next boot up, my OS already had that "you are not using genuing microsft windows on your system" ID (well, something like that). so i guess they have better trackers there or whatever (i'm not a techie, so please pardon me for my lack of jargonese).

the solution? good thing my grandma was about to buy a desktop. she was eyeing this bottom-level dell at circuit city. it cost something like 200usd, but already came with a licensed windows home xp. i ptiched in the money i was to use for a license and grandma bought the desktop. i used her license during my stay. (of course i had to re-install windows using my grandma's key code; in effect, there were two pcs at home using one license) after i had done that, the rest of my stay was uneventful, at least with the microsoft police.

hope this helps.