Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko!

• 1 month later...
I am married to the woman I love so much...However, I found someone who happens to be satisfying...now I am in trouble...I cannot be equally sharing my time for both of them...much more my LOVE...

I hope you don't have kids yet. If there are no kids in the picture, it's still possible to rectify your mistake. If there are, think of them instead of yourself. You've had ample time to think of yourself. Now is the time to think of your kid's sake and not your own.

Remember, new love (no matter how shallow it is) will always feel like true love. Simply because you haven't felt any emotion towards anyone else but your wife in such a long time. If you must, take more time to examine both your relationships. I'm sure you'll find that you truly love your wife more than the girl you just met.

• 3 weeks later...

mahirap to mahirap pumili ng parehong mahal kaso un nga lang kailangan isa lang pag isipan mo ng mabuti bago mo gawin baka naman kase kaya mo sila niloloko e baka naman hindi mo talaga sila mahal

kung mahal mo bakit mo lolokohin? mahal nga diba?

• 5 months later...

Can you, in all honestly, love two persons? :unsure:

The next time you want to open a new thread, SCAN THE EXISTING THREADS first.

The thread "Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko" already exists, same title, same question.

There was no need to open a new one. Your "new" thread has been merged w/ the older thread. ]

Edited by Wyld

depende ano bang love yan? libog lang o pakakasalan mo ba silang dalawa? kung marami kang moolah marry them both magpa convert ka sa religion na pwede mo silang pakasalan dalawa lols. no but for reals man, you can easily mistake lust for love and love for lust. kahit nga infatuation kala mo nga love na eh so if i were you, mag mumuni-muni nalang ako hanggang sa nasigurado kong love nga for them both ang nararamdaman ko. bago pa ako masampal sa magkabilang pisngi! good luck!

Before anything, I think we should set our parameters. We should agree that:

1. There is a difference between love and lust. While both of them may enhance each other, both are really independent entities, and that, one may love genuinely without lust, and one could lust severely without really loving;

2. There is a difference between love and commitment. Let us agree that commitment in this case may be defined as:

2.1 A stable relationship as in being steadies, i.e., boyfriend-girlfriend, or

2.2 A permanent relationship as in marriage.

Not all loving end up in marriage (or being steadies), just as not all who get married really love each other OR not all who remain married really love each other in the same way they did when they started.

So, going back to the initial premise: Sana dalawa ang puso ko? --Is this possible?

Scenarios:

A. One may be happily married, and yet, one may love someone else. Whether there is sex involved with the someone else is beyond the question. One does not have to abandon one's spouse in order to marry the someone else. Can both coexist without one knowing the other? (Sometimes, both do know the existence of each other, and sometimes, both could even be civil with each other.) As it was mentioned in an earlier post by xyza, there are religious that even allow multiple marriages;

B. One may have two boyfriends (or girlfriends). Like the above, both may know or not know the existence of the other.

C. Casual sex should not be included as part of "sana dalawa ang puso." :P

I guess we should also agree that the point of comparison, that is, intensity or quality, should not be even taken into consideration. Personally, I do not agree on the question: whom will you love more? No. 1 or No. 2? I don't see the point of comparison since it is obvious that No. 1 is NOT No. 2, and both individuals are unique. While you can say, I like an apple better than a banana, you can also say, I like them both. Likewise, you can really eat both at the same time without getting any digestive problem (as is in my case :rolleyes:).

So, sana dalawa ang puso ko?--is this really possible? Can one really love two (or more) individuals at the same time?

The floor is now open for discussion. :D

You can love 2 persons at the same time. Pero yung lalim ng pagmamahal is not the same. And usually you're falling out of love na with the other person kaya nga na-iinlove sa iba. Till dumating ang time na totally wala na yung love mo dun sa isa. Just my 2 cents.

Before anything, I think we should set our parameters. We should agree that:

1. There is a difference between love and lust. While both of them may enhance each other, both are really independent entities, and that, one may love genuinely without lust, and one could lust severely without really loving;

2. There is a difference between love and commitment. Let us agree that commitment in this case may be defined as:

2.1 A stable relationship as in being steadies, i.e., boyfriend-girlfriend, or

2.2 A permanent relationship as in marriage.

Not all loving end up in marriage (or being steadies), just as not all who get married really love each other OR not all who remain married really love each other in the same way they did when they started.

So, going back to the initial premise: Sana dalawa ang puso ko? --Is this possible?

Scenarios:

A. One may be happily married, and yet, one may love someone else. Whether there is sex involved with the someone else is beyond the question. One does not have to abandon one's spouse in order to marry the someone else. Can both coexist without one knowing the other? (Sometimes, both do know the existence of each other, and sometimes, both could even be civil with each other.) As it was mentioned in an earlier post by xyza, there are religious that even allow multiple marriages;

B. One may have two boyfriends (or girlfriends). Like the above, both may know or not know the existence of the other.

C. Casual sex should not be included as part of "sana dalawa ang puso." :P

I guess we should also agree that the point of comparison, that is, intensity or quality, should not be even taken into consideration. Personally, I do not agree on the question: whom will you love more? No. 1 or No. 2? I don't see the point of comparison since it is obvious that No. 1 is NOT No. 2, and both individuals are unique. While you can say, I like an apple better than a banana, you can also say, I like them both. Likewise, you can really eat both at the same time without getting any digestive problem (as is in my case :rolleyes:).

So, sana dalawa ang puso ko?--is this really possible? Can one really love two (or more) individuals at the same time?

The floor is now open for discussion. :D

I like this discussion :) nice.

But I'd like to ask a kinda stupid question first -- What is Love in this case now?

You defined the parameters of lust and commitment.

I like this discussion :) nice.

But I'd like to ask a kinda stupid question first -- What is Love in this case now?

You defined the parameters of lust and commitment.

Darn! And that was one thing I really hated, and hoped it would NOT happen -- ask the definition of LOVE! :unsure: And that's not a stupid question. You, in fact, caught me flat footed. :(

They say that the hardest words to define in the english language are those that have four letters. Yes, LOVE is one of them. :blink:

Instead of going through a long explanation, something that will be worth 3 units in college, may I just define love in WHAT IT IS NOT. (That's the surest way out if you can't define it in positive terms.)

Let me say that love is not what lust is. (Would that be sufficient? :wacko:) And, what might differentiate it from commitment is that commitment entails "an act of the will," or "a decision." You may decide to love someone (and some philosophers may even equate love as "actus intellecti" or "act of the intellect"), but really, it seldom happens that way. Many people don't even realize they are in love. (Well... "love" and "being in love" may also be different. But let's not go any deeper, please.)

But, really, I guess we all know what love is, don't we? (Please say you do! Please! :P )

Well... the best way to define love is "God is love." (Now wouldn't you consider that the best? :rolleyes: )

In that regard, I guess the best parameter for love is: when you reach the state whereby you only want/wish the best for the other person and none for yourself. So you give without expecting anything in return. You think of the other more than yourself. And the more that difference becomes, the deeper your love is.

Did I make any sense?

Whew!!! :blink:

[P.S. I just realized that there is already a topic like this towards the end of this board. So, moderators, if you feel you need to merge the threads, please feel free to do so. You're the bosses anyway. Sorry ha...]

Edited by jgc813

Can you, in all honestly, love two persons? :unsure:

The next time you want to open a new thread, SCAN THE EXISTING THREADS first.

The thread "Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko" already exists, same title, same question.

There was no need to open a new one. Your "new" thread has been merged w/ the older thread. ]

Yes, it was already late when I realized this. I already noted this in my latest post prior to this.

Again... my apologies.

Let me say that love is not what lust is. (Would that be sufficient? :wacko:) And, what might differentiate it from commitment is that commitment entails "an act of the will," or "a decision." You may decide to love someone (and some philosophers may even equate love as "actus intellecti" or "act of the intellect"), but really, it seldom happens that way. Many people don't even realize they are in love. (Well... "love" and "being in love" may also be different. But let's not go any deeper, please.)

But, really, I guess we all know what love is, don't we? (Please say you do! Please! :P )

Well... the best way to define love is "God is love." (Now wouldn't you consider that the best? :rolleyes: )

In that regard, I guess the best parameter for love is: when you reach the state whereby you only want/wish the best for the other person and none for yourself. So you give without expecting anything in return. You think of the other more than yourself. And the more that difference becomes, the deeper your love is.

Alright.... I got your point. Pinahirapan lang talaga kita. :lol:

So for married people like me, I'd rather use the term "being in love" with someone else at the same time. But seriously, I don't understand why we ever wish "Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko"... Falling in love is just a wonderful feeling and like any other feelings, it will just die like a natural death... oh yeah, sadly. In fact, you can "be in love" with many people at the same time... at varying degrees.

Does that make a person bad? NO... Falling in love is something we simply can't control. And take note, the more you deny and hide it, the stronger feeling it becomes.

Wait... am i violating now your parameters?.. let me review again.

hmmmm..... as long as you don't break anyone's heart intentionally, then yes, this does exist.... when you seem to feel that someone else is making you smile everyday, when you seem to do more than what is expected for you to give, yeah... it happens. ^_^

But I don't consider AWA as Love, okay? Medyo mahabang usapan na yon... :P

Does that make a person bad? NO... Falling in love is something we simply can't control. And take note, the more you deny and hide it, the stronger feeling it becomes.

I get your point about the 'denying it and the hiding it,' but, would you readily declare it? Like, would you tell your significant other, "lam mo, hon, i'm also in love with someone else?" Of course, you wouldn't, would you? In effect, you'd still be hiding it.

That's where the wishing of "sana dalawa ang puso ko" enters into the picture. While it's true it's hard to deny and hide it, it's just as difficult to accept it, more so, declare it. Mahirap kasi 'mahuli,' di ba? While I agree there's a difference between "love" and "being in love," the fact still remains that, after you get hitched, you're not free anymore (so to say) to be in love with someone else, more so, declare it.

And so it will be that you will just keep the "being in love" in your heart. You will become the best showbiz personality there is that, whenever you are asked, "in love ka ba," your answer will be "secret," or "actually, friends lang kami."

Mahirap pa rin, di ba?

Alright.... I got your point. Pinahirapan lang talaga kita. :lol:

So for married people like me, I'd rather use the term "being in love" with someone else at the same time. But seriously, I don't understand why we ever wish "Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko"... Falling in love is just a wonderful feeling and like any other feelings, it will just die like a natural death... oh yeah, sadly. In fact, you can "be in love" with many people at the same time... at varying degrees.

Wait... am i violating now your parameters?.. let me review again.

hmmmm..... as long as you don't break anyone's heart intentionally, then yes, this does exist.... when you seem to feel that someone else is making you smile everyday, when you seem to do more than what is expected for you to give, yeah... it happens. ^_^

But I don't consider AWA as Love, okay? Medyo mahabang usapan na yon... :P

Ahmm.. Excuse me.. Tulungan mo ako sa kabila.. May sinabog ako na parang pinagsisisihan ko ata! :lol: At May utang ka pa ngang sagot mo doon, todo chika ka na dito! :lol: :lol:

On topic: On the above highlighted.. No, once you are in love, its very difficult to control.. The heart has its own agenda.. Its just doing its job.. Loving..

However.. Falling in love can be averted or denied.. The question is.. Can we resist what our heart wants to do? :wub: :wub: :wub:

h e l p ... :(

Ahmm.. Excuse me.. Tulungan mo ako sa kabila.. May sinabog ako na parang pinagsisisihan ko ata! :lol: At May utang ka pa ngang sagot mo doon, todo chika ka na dito! :lol: :lol:

Hahaha... hindi ka na rin nakatiis. Tinatagalog mo na! :D

On topic: On the above highlighted.. No, once you are in love, its very difficult to control.. The heart has its own agenda.. Its just doing its job.. Loving..

However.. Falling in love can be averted or denied.. The question is.. Can we resist what our heart wants to do? :wub: :wub: :wub:

h e l p ... :(

Good point! How many times have we heard the saying, "that's why the head is above the heart... it has to rule over the heart because the heart does not think." :lol:

Very true... very true... How many times we get hurt, cry, sob, feel guilty, have remorse, feel sorry... just because we followed our heart? How many times we have heard expressions like: "I should have listened more, I should have thought it out more..." Unfortunate?

To some extent, yes. It's very hard to resist what the heart wants to do. It does not think, it just feels. And when it gets full, it drives you towards your objective, which is usually, the object of love. And that's why, I guess, it's hard to define what love is just because it is -- usually -- thought of to be IN THE HEART.

With the above in mind, why do people (mis)judge the mistresses, and those who find no. 2's or 3's? They have just followed their hearts. They have have just allowed themselves to be ruled by their hearts. (Hopefully, not their sex organs! :rolleyes:)

That's why I so want to hear opinions about: "sana dalawa ang puso ko." Why the fuzz? Because sometimes, it's really hard to contain the heart, or perhaps, one (1) heart. Hence the reason why some of us prefer to have two or more of it.

But wouldn't that even complicate matters? Hindi nga kaya ang isa, dalawa pa? :wacko:

Edited by jgc813

To some extent, yes. It's very hard to resist what the heart wants to do. It does not think, it just feels. And when it gets full, it drives you towards your objective, which is usually, the object of love. And that's why, I guess, it's hard to define what love is just because it is -- usually -- thought of to be IN THE HEART.

With the above in mind, why do people (mis)judge the mistresses, and those who find no. 2's or 3's? They have just followed their hearts. They have have just allowed themselves to be ruled by their hearts. (Hopefully, not their sex organs! :rolleyes:)

hmm okay, opinion ko lang naman ito as I don't misjudge mistresses, Malay natin, I might be on the same boat. ^_^

This is because we are taught to feel and react that way. Maybe when we were little kids, we heard conversations from adults that "makakati talaga yang mga babaeng yan! salot!" sorry for my words and too many to mention hurtful words about mistresses. This is what we commonly witness in Family conflicts... "may kabit si Papa OR may kerida asawa niya". okay, i'll stop na. :P

So saan ba nagsimula ang ganyan thinking? Honestly, I don't know. Is it because of our Religion? I don't honestly know. Maybe someone can explain... I'm curious too. ;)

So saan ba nagsimula ang ganyan thinking? Honestly, I don't know. Is it because of our Religion? I don't honestly know. Maybe someone can explain... I'm curious too. ;)

Actually, much depends on our environment, our society, and yes, even our religion.

Most of us have been raised as Christians. In this religion, only one spouse. Having more than one is immoral.

But there are other religions that allow for polygamous unions. One even grants up to four wives.

In such a case, what then is being unfaithful? Who's right? So, for us, when you have one, then get another, you're unfaithful. But for someone who belongs to another religion, you can have four, and when you get a fifth, you're unfaithful.

Somehow, there's a lot of subjectivity even in somethings that seemingly appears to be absolute.