Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

newbie here.

Imho, best album ng Opeth yung Damnation. They prove that metal's not about chaos and auditory overload. ;)

I also dig a lot of Power Metal. mabuhay ang Nightwish! Nakakalungkot, sinesante na nila si tarja. hehe.

i used to be VERY partial towards metal, but now, I appreciate almost every other genre except maybe electronic dance, country, rnb and rap (oy, marami parin pala exceptions). I guess most metal/rock listeners really tend to 'mellow' out as they age. but then again Im only 20. It's bound to be a debate, but if some people here think Tool is metal (I don't hehe), they'll be releasing an album this May.

Check out my band. We're not metal, but I think we approximate it.

http://soundclick.com/sphincter/

http://artistserver.com/implementproject/

thanks

ahihi. k*ll me if you must pero meron ako compilation cd na lagi ko baon with my discman. track 3 is heart works, track 4 is raining blood, track 5 is stop (spice girls). ayoko na enlist d2 lahat ng laman kase bka habulin nyo na ko ng itak. T_T

Discman? How backward! Ako lahat ng classic metal cds ko na-upload ko na sa iPod ko! :P At marami pa akong planong i-upload. Damn, by the time I'm done, I'll have all the essential titles in my cd collection on the palm of my hands/in my pocket! :thumbsupsmiley:

"It's Official: New METALLICA Album To Be Produced By RICK RUBIN"

In a posting on their official web site, METALLICA write, "We just wanted to let our friends know that we have been jamming, writing, just plain messing around and having fun in the studio for the last few weeks.

"Oh, and by the way, this up-and-coming producer guy named Rick something-or-other has been coming by the studio every now and again to listen to some of our new stuff and throw his two/three cents in.

"Since this Rick dude is new to all of this, we thought it would be a nice gesture to help break him into the music business by asking him to produce our next record. We're very happy he said yes! In other words, we are psyched to share with you that Rick Rubin is producing the next METALLICA album! f**k YEAH!"

In a September 2005 interview with the METALLICA fan club magazine So What!, METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich was asked point-blank if Bob Rock's name had been discused for the group's next album.

"I would say that Bob Rock will always be our producer," Ulrich replied. "You know it's almost like default. It's not whether he should produce, it's more whether he shouldn't produce it. So I would expect Bob Rock to produce it unless he's not interested."

In the same interview, Ulrich spoke highly of the most recent albums by SLIPKNOT and SYSTEM OF A DOWN — both of which were produced by Rubin — citing them as particularly inspiring in terms of making him "look forward to paying a little more attention to the sonics" next time around.

METALLICA officially began the songwriting process for their new album late last year and are expected to spend the next few months compiling ideas before entering the final recording stage. A late 2006/early 2007 release via Warner Bros. is expected.

Having Rick Rubin produce the next Metallica album would be rendered useless if Metallica themselves would be recording sub-standard material. Nonetheless, I'm still hopeful for the next Metallica album. I consider St. Anger a transitional album since it had energy that was lacking from Load and Reload. Bring back the guitar solos for chrissakes!

Well, I just hope Metallica goes back to their old days.. to their roots.. I wanna hear tracks similar to their k*ll Em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets days.. I don't like the St. Anger album at all.. It sounds raw plus the fact that the songwriting (lyrics) is not at all good.. Parang naubusan na sila ng pwedeng isulat eh.. Ibalik sana nila ang tunog nila dati..

I got excited that they are now writing new material.. Hope I won't get disappointed.. ;)

Video footage of METALLICA's rehearsal/soundcheck in Auckland, New Zealand prior to their concert on January 15, 2004 has been posted online at YouTube.com. The clip features METALLICA jamming on what appears to be a new riff/song, which may or may not be included in reworked form on the band's forthcoming CD.

METALLICA recently confirmed in a posting on their official web site that they have recruited Rick Rubin (SLAYER, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, SLIPKNOT, AUDIOSLAVE, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS) to produce their forthcoming studio LP. The news was accompanied on the site by several pictures of METALLICA in the studio with a shoeless Rubin.

METALLICA officially began the songwriting process for their new album late last year and are expected to spend the next few months compiling ideas before entering the final recording stage. A late 2006/early 2007 release via Warner Bros. is expected.

Having Rick Rubin produce the next Metallica album would be rendered useless if Metallica themselves would be recording sub-standard material. Nonetheless, I'm still hopeful for the next Metallica album. I consider St. Anger a transitional album since it had energy that was lacking from Load and Reload. Bring back the guitar solos for chrissakes!

1000% TAMA KA.

KUNG AYAW NILANG GUMAWA NG MALA-MASTER OF PUPPETS OKAY LANG PERO SANA YUNG BILIS NILA HINDI MAWALA. SA NEXT ALBUM NILA SANA KUNI NILA YUNG HEAVY FEEL NG ST. ANGER PASUKAN NILA NG COMPLEXITY NG JUSTICE PERO YUNG LINIS NG PRODUCTION IPAUBAYA NILA KAY RICK RUBIN MAGALING SA GANYANA SI RICK E.

makapasyal nga sa quiapo....

Mga dudes, try Marikina Riverbanks as well.. bakit pa kayo lalayo kung malapit lang kayo sa Marikina, di ba?

Was able to buy several DVD's as well (just today) --- Megadeth - the Videos, Concerts of Metallica and Black Flag and Black Sabbath.. Meron akong mga nakita na Dimmu Borgir, Judas Priest, Samael, AC/DC, etc. Have bought a lot of punk, and metal DVD's here ever since.. Sabihin nyo lang ang gusto niyo puros concerts..

Mga dudes, try Marikina Riverbanks as well.. bakit pa kayo lalayo kung malapit lang kayo sa Marikina, di ba?

Was able to buy several DVD's as well (just today) --- Megadeth - the Videos, Concerts of Metallica and Black Flag and Black Sabbath.. Meron akong mga nakita na Dimmu Borgir, Judas Priest, Samael, AC/DC, etc.  Have bought a lot of punk, and metal DVD's here ever since.. Sabihin nyo lang ang gusto niyo puros concerts..

taga makati ako bro kaya kadalasan sa Quiapo ako pumupunta, but then i've to Riverbanks a couple of times. maski malayo basta ba't worth-it, why not.

MAHANAP NGA YUNG MACHINE HEAD.

MERON NA BA KAYONG NAKITA NA DVD NG KILLSWITCH ENGAGE TSAKA NG SHADOWS FALL. BUMILI AKO NG SEPULTURA "LIVE IN SAO PAULO" (OUT OF CURIOSITY) TALAGANG IBA ANG OLD-SEPULTURA, KASI BAT NAMAN BA NAPILI NOON NG MGA MEMBERS NG SEP SI DERRICK GREEN (IT'S NOT BECAUSE HE'S BLACK). PERO DI'BA ANG NATATANDAAN KO NOON MARAMI NAGSUBMIT NA MGA AUDITION TAPES. (*KUNG NGAYON SILA NANGHINGI NG AUDITION TAPES ,SANA MAGSASUBMIT AGAD AKO. HEHEHEHEHEHE*) WALA PA RIN PANAMA KAY MAX CAVALERA.

Sa labas ng Riverbank's Mall.. yung sa tabi ng "make shift" train at Station Grill.. Kasama din sa lugar na ito yung mga nagititinda ng fake na sapatos.. Dun yung mga nagititnda ng DVDs.. :thumbsupsmiley:

80 ang bentahan dito per disk.. so kung double disk (kamukha nung sa Samael).. 160.. minsan may discount na 10 kapag double disk.. Mas mura ba sa Quiapo at mas marami titles? But really don't have the time to go there.. coz ganun din ang magagastos ko dahil sa gas.. And sometimes I ask the sellers to get me a disk of this and that.. yun nga lang siyempre di naman lahat nun matatandaan nila ;)

Edited by revi
nakukuha ko ng 60 yung mga DVDs sa quiapo. ikot-ikot ka lang at marami ka ring mga titles na makikita na binebenta. malapit ka ba tsong sa Riverbanks?

Yup, dre.. Malapit lang dahil tiga-Marikina ako.. Within 5 mins. andun na ako sa Riverbanks eh.. Kahit mas mura pa ng 20 pesos diyan sa Quiapo dito na lang ako.. dahil langhya ang taas ng gas ngayon tapos yung wear and tear pa ng sasakyan.. magastos.. hehe!!!