Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

tama si immortal, metal festival ang kulang dito sa pinas... kung magkakaron siguro ng pinoy metal festival dito, malamang manonood ako. para naman malaman ko ung mga local metal bands dito sa pinas...

malamanglamang tayo tayo lang manood, mukhang rare species and metalheads sa pinas e :P

oh well, in history, sino sino na bang band ang dumalaw sa pinas on tour except metallica and bon domeng?

@cruesome: Here's a list of some metal and metal-ish bands who played in the Phils:

Mr. Big (1994 or 1995 ata)

Def Leppard (1996)

Rage Against the Machine (1997)

Black Sabbath had a scheduled concert here in 1996 but it was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. But Tony Iommi and company went to Manila anyway and wanted to play at the Hard Rock Cafe para 'di naman masayang oras nila dito. But the people who were running that establishment turned down their offer to play an impromptu gig kasi di 'ata sila nakilala. Ironic since Iommi's jacket is one of the rock memorabilias on display in that bar.

Helloween wanted to play a concert in Manila but their local distributor (Universal records) had to dissuade them because they were expecting that not enough people would attend the show. Tsk, tsk, sayang.

immortol666: dude, are you sure def leppard played in '96? how could i missed them? i know they had a tv promo tour for the slang album. nelson twins also reached ph for a promo tour (watched them in campo).

jason newstead (yes, i think it was post metallica) played at hard rock glorrieta jammin with local bands.

@cruesome: Yup, I'm sure that Def Leppard played here in '96. They were touring for their "Slang" album then. I remember seeing their ads in the newspapers. I'm not sure how the turn out was for the gig. There was even a music show on ch 13 that showed some clips from the concert but had no shot of the crowd.

I remember Newsted going here in '96 as well as the members of Metallica were going to specific cities around the world and he was promoting their album "Load" at the time. He even jammed with Sky Church and Wolfgang I think. But after he left Metallica in 2002, I don't remember him going back here. Are you sure of your info?

I'd also like to add that Gus Pepa of legendary San Francisco-based Pinoy thrash metal band DEATH ANGEL now resides here in the Phils. He's already out of the music scene. I met him once personally and he was very soft-spoken.

@cruesome: Yup, I'm sure that Def Leppard played here in '96. They were touring for their "Slang" album then. I remember seeing their ads in the newspapers. I'm not sure how the turn out was for the gig. There was even a music show on ch 13 that showed some clips from the concert but had no shot of the crowd.

I remember Newsted going here in '96 as well as the members of Metallica were going to specific cities around the world and he was promoting their album "Load" at the time. He even jammed with Sky Church and Wolfgang I think. But after he left Metallica in 2002, I don't remember him going back here. Are you sure of your info?

I'd also like to add that Gus Pepa of legendary San Francisco-based Pinoy thrash metal band DEATH ANGEL now resides here in the Phils. He's already out of the music scene. I met him once personally and he was very soft-spoken.

im also sure that DEF LEPPARD went here sometime in the 90's. i remember watching them as guests in eat bulaga.

Just another note, I know SCORPIONS also went here and guested in GMA supershow to promote their concert.

am not sure of the year, but they do not have any new album out so it cannot be a promo tour of sort. there were no press people around then, i did not even recognized the man until my friend told me it was jason on our way out, only catched last two numbers.

Ozzy Osbourne Retires As Ozzfest Headliner

It's been rumored for months that this summer's Ozzfest would be its namesake's last — and on Friday, Ozzy Osbourne announced that he is retiring as the headliner of the annual heavy metal festival. However, the singer is expected to finish this summer's tour and plans to make occasional appearances at future Ozzfests.

"After 10 years, the Ozzfest's name and rep*tation have been established," he said in a statement. "It's time for me to move on and do other things." His publicist noted in a statement, "Ozzfest will carry on in 2006, however Ozzy will limit his performances to only a few, select cities."

Ozzy, who's been performing with Black Sabbath this summer as the tour's headliner, has been dogged by throat problems, which have forced the band to drop off of the bill on several recent dates, with Black Sabbath cancelling three Ozzfest appearances so far this year (July 27 in Holmdel, New Jersey, July 31 in Noblesville, Indiana and August 2 in Columbus, Ohio).

No official explanation has been given for Ozzy's throat problems, and it is unknown how severe they may be.

@axemaniac: Ofcourse, none of the local acts you mentioned are metal bands.

@bgy ginebra: Yes, Scorpions did go to Manila too. But that was just to promote their new album back then and not to promote a concert. I remember 'coz I was there at the press conference they held at Manila Hotel. They even gave away promo CDs of their album and the members even signed my copy.

have anyone hear heard of arch enemy?

their shredder's good ... and not to mention the front man or should i say, front gal ...

ang galing .. check them out (that is if ur a death harmonic metal fan :))

yup, i'm a big fan of arc enemy actually... my fav album would be WAGES OF SIN...

mas gusto ko yung mga album nila nung naging girl na vocalist nila.....

Ano ba balita sa Metallica ngayon? Gumagawa ba sila ng bagong album or andun pa rin sila sa therapy nila? Nakakatawa yung sa dvd ng Some Kind of Monster, umiiyak pa sila. hehe! Pero binalikan nila doon si Dave Mustaine.

According to German online ticket agency Eventim.de, Metallica will be playing several dates in Germany with the Rolling Stones. No official announcement on the matter has yet been made by the tour promoter, Metallica or the Rolling Stones. Metallica have been tapped as the opening act for the Rolling Stones during the group's Nov. 13 and 15 shows at San Francisco's SBC Park, joining the ranks of previously announced support bands as Pearl Jam, Maroon 5, John Mayer Trio, Beck and the Black Eyed Peas.

Metallica last performed on November 28 last year, when their world tour ended in San Jose, California.