• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

Immortal666, if you notice, it's not only Lacuna Coil's Comalies cd is released here but also Iron Maiden's "Dance of death" cd is locally available but I'm sure you in the past some albums from brilliant bands have become locally available here, albums from bands such as Hammerfall( Glory to the brave & Legacy of kings,), Cradle of Filth, Darkseed, Amorphis, Hypocrisy, even Death Angel's "Ultra-violence and Act III was released here during the late 80's and late 90's along with the albums of Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Exodus and many other brilliant bands. So, I hope that the release of Lacuna Coil's and Iron Maiden cd's will pave the way for record companies here to take a chance on metal bands(real metal bands that is) and have their cd's to be locally released.

Immortal666, if you notice, it's not only Lacuna Coil's Comalies cd is released here but also Iron Maiden's "Dance of death" cd is locally available but I'm sure you in the past some albums from brilliant bands have become locally available here, albums from bands such as Hammerfall( Glory to the brave & Legacy of kings,), Cradle of Filth, Darkseed, Amorphis, Hypocrisy, even Death Angel's "Ultra-violence and Act III was released here during the late 80's and late 90's along with the albums of Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Exodus and many other brilliant bands. So, I hope that the release of Lacuna Coil's and Iron Maiden cd's will pave the way for record companies here to take a chance on metal bands(real metal bands that is) and have their cd's to be locally released.

I'm as hopeful as you that there would be more proper domestic distrubution of metal albums. Heavy metal is on an upswing in the US as attested by the revival of Headbangers Ball on MTV, the long-awaited death of nu-metal, the inclusion of real metal bands on Ozzfest (Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir), the crossover appeal of metal bands (In Flames, though pa-sell out na sila). Let's just hope that it bowls over here.

I'm still disappointed with the lack of metal releases in the muic stores here. Tower and Music One used to have good selections as far as metal albums. But I can't say that's the case anymore. The metal releases are very few to almost non-existent. I'm still waiting for Fear Factory's "Archetype" to be released locally. Sony Music has local distribution rights for Roadrunner which is Fear factory's label.

Fyi, Sony has already released Machine Head's latest "Through the Ashes of Empires" album which is far better than their last two or three albums. It's a return to the same form found on their first two albums when they were still metal. However, the new one still has slight nu-metal tendencies but just slight. Overall, I recommend that you get it.

I'd just like to share the recent CD haul I had. I ordered these online two weeks ago and they just arrived three days ago. All are 2nd hand copies btw but all are in very good to excellent condition:

SLAYER - Hell Awaits

DEATH - Human

KING DIAMOND - Conspiracy

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Hatebreeder

RUMBLE MILITIA - Stop Violence and Madness

I'm as hopeful as you that there would be more proper domestic distrubution of metal albums. Heavy metal is on an upswing in the US as attested by the revival of Headbangers Ball on MTV, the long-awaited death of nu-metal, the inclusion of real metal bands on Ozzfest (Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir), the crossover appeal of metal bands (In Flames, though pa-sell out na sila). Let's just hope that it bowls over here.

I'm still disappointed with the lack of metal releases in the muic stores here. Tower and Music One used to have good selections as far as metal albums. But I can't say that's the case anymore. The metal releases are very few to almost non-existent. I'm still waiting for Fear Factory's "Archetype" to be released locally. Sony Music has local distribution rights for Roadrunner which is Fear factory's label.

Fyi, Sony has already released Machine Head's latest "Through the Ashes of Empires" album which is far better than their last two or three albums. It's a return to the same form found on their first two albums when they were still metal. However, the new one still has slight nu-metal tendencies but just slight. Overall, I recommend that you get it.

I'll always be hopefull that some of the cd's of my fave metal bands will still be locally released. Fear Factory's Archetype album is already out on the U.S. and of course I'm hoping that it'll be released here just like their "Demanufacture" and "Obsolete" albums which was made locally available in the mid and late 90's along with albums of Type O Negative, Machine Head, Sepultura and other bands from the Roadrunner Records. With regards to Machine Head, I'm somewhat disappointed with the last few releases of Machine Head coz they have sort of follow the trend and add some new metal flavor in their music, if their latest release is a return to their old musical style like in "Burn my eyes" and "The more things change" then its probably worth listening to. Also, I'm glad that our tribe here in MTC are growing slowly but progresively.

post-62-1084594532.jpg

Eto naman nabili kong CD's. Bought them 2nd hand in Recto.

Bat Head Soup - A Tribute To Ozzy

Lacuna Coil - In A Reverie

Symphony X - The Odyssey

Quuensryche - Empire

Dami pang magandang CDs kaso naubos na budget ko. Daming 80's stuff.

Doc, bumibili ka din pala sa recto. Sa loob ka ba ng cartimar recto bumibili? Bumibili din kasi ako don eh. Dami ngang ok na second hand cd's doon. Me hinahanap nga pala ako doon na cd from among doon sa mga burn/copy nila, yung Dream theatre playing metallica kaso out of stock, malupit daw banat ng DT doon eh.

O, playlist naman tayo. Post the albums you've spinning the past few days. Here's mine:

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Hatebreeder

THE ACCUSED - Martha Splatterhead's Maddest Stories Ever Told

TANKARD - Chemical Invasion

DEATH - Human

THERAPY? - Suicide Pact - You First

OST - Strangeland

KING DIAMOND - Conpsiracy

SLAYER - Hell Awaits

SATYRICON - Rebel Extravaganza

SHAH - P.S.I.H.O.

OPETH - Blackwater Park

DEACON BLUE - When the World Knows Your Name (he he, hindi lang metal pinpakinggan ko)

www.metal-rules.com

I visit that site a lot.

I'm a regular poster in their discussion boards. You'll get to encounter the most hardline, elitist metalheads there. Huwag kang magkamaling sabihin na mahilig ka sa nu-metal dun kundi ibabaon ka nila ng buhay. Pati nga mga power metal fans kinakawawa ng mga black metal fans dun e.

Unfortunately, their boards have been down the past few days. But once it's up, try to visit it. Tatlo lang yung mga kilala kong Pinoy dun. Yung isa nasa New Zealand, yung isa sa California and yung isa taga-Cainta! :lol:

Doc, bumibili ka din pala sa recto. Sa loob ka ba ng cartimar recto bumibili? Bumibili din kasi ako don eh. Dami ngang ok na second hand cd's doon. Me hinahanap nga pala ako doon na cd from among doon sa mga burn/copy nila, yung Dream theatre playing metallica kaso out of stock, malupit daw banat ng DT doon eh.

Dun din ako natingin sa loob ng Cartimar tapos dun sa kalye na kahilera ng Quiapo Church. Madami din kasing nagbebenta dun. You have to regularly visit that place kasi pabago-bago yung stocks nila. Every week nagpapalit sila & laging may bago.

Regarding DT playing Metallica. I think it's a bootleg copy lang. Yun yung concert ata na they played Master Of Puppets in its entirety. Yun yung parang ginawa nilang encore sa concert nila. Hanap ko din yun. :)

fronting quiapo church punta ka dun sa kabilang side.daan ka sa underpass.tapos hanapin mo yung jollibee,sa likod na street ng jollibee (elizondo ata yung name ng street forgot eh,mas alam ko ksi puntahan in actual not in names hehehe) punta ka dun sa mga nag titinda ng mga dvds dun hanapin mo,meron stairs dun,sa taas nila nandun mga rare and hard to find cds (metal etc) pirated copy nga lang pero naka photocopy yung mga covers mismo)

Hope this helps a bit on your quest for cds.

Di ko alam yan. Mapuntahan nga minsan. :)