Here Or There?

Am a permanent resident (PR) of Australia now and I made the decision to apply for it a couple of years back. As my daughter said at the time, "you can always come back to the Philippines...hindi naman aalis dyan!". And, since dual citizenship is now allowed, I can work or live both here and in Australia (and New Zealand).

Am now back here in the Philippines to put up a migration agency for qualified Filipinos who are interested in living and working in Australia and plan to be spending time in both countries.

As for my kids (of course as a parent they are my primary concern!), they can now study or work in Australia/New Zealand if they want. My move to get a PRvisa simply allows them that choice - a choice I didn't have when I was at their age.

I know how that feels. I am a permanent resident of Hong Kong having worked there during the then Crown Colony's rock-and-roll years. My 2 kids were born there but when my eldest became of school age my pension fund matured and I descided to accept early retirement offered by the company to return to Manila. I had two false starts with business but thanks to a pension food on the table was not threatened. Finally accepted working as an executive of a local car company for a while until I stumbled on setting up a BPO business for Japanese clients.

It is cheaper to maintain a high quality of life in the Philippines but the standard of living is of course still lower than OZ or NZ or Hong Kong its trying to live up to the standards of those citites that make living here really expensive. But if its just a question of domestic employees and living the 'filipino' way life can be very comfortable.

Well Hong Kong is always there and nearer than Davao in fact we can always visit.

HERE...siyempre.... ok lang kung tour to other countries.. to live there would be a waste of time.... you earn here you earn there.. pareho lang iyan .... it's just a matter of choice kung anong klaseng trabaho ang papasukan mo dito para maiangat ang buhay mo .... kahit ilibre mo ako ng pamsahe papunta dun bigyan mo ako ng bahay .. hindi pa din ako magmigrate..... never :grr:

here and there para mataray.. kahit saan naman ang nurse may makukuha na work eh! :P

what i don't enjoy lang in woking here, masyado na kawawa ang health situation ngayon dito.. lalo na sa mga public hospitals. kahit anong gusto mo gawin para makatulong, wala ka magawa kasi sira lahat ng mga gamit. di ko kaya makita namamatay kapwa ko. lol! so plan ko, work abroad earn lot of money and be back here to open a competent hospital that will cater unexpensive services... haha!! VOTE REBEL_BIATCH FOR SENATOR! :P taray!!

• 3 weeks later...