Here Or There?

the idea of living in a first world country is quite enticing, actually -- less traffic, clean environment, a goverment that actually serves its people, etc... but then again, i've never really put any serious consideration in leaving because somehow, i want to see the day when this country rises from the doldrums and actually be part of it... that's no BS.

Stay in the U.S.

Born and half raised there. (half raised. :lol: )

i love the Philippines and somehow, i just love how everyone here sticks to "pamilya tayo eh" kinda s@%t.. i'm not the person who grew up with a family so i spend as much time as i can with the ones i have here.. They took me in as their own and i love them so much.

U.S. is great for work, Philippines is better for the "life".

It's so overrated how people think living in U.S. means ur a hotshot already or something. nuh-uh. You have to work so goddamn hard ALL the time..

But home is where the heart is.. and no matter what happens.. sabi nga eh "tawasin mo man ako" i will never trade my life in California for a life here.

teka.. did i even make any sense? :P

ah basta U.S. ako period. :lol: kala ko kaya ko pa mag emote eh.

I migrated to the US and very thankful that I did it when I did it.

I will never forget the opportunity and rewards the US gave me and my family.

In the future when I have saved enough, I am still dreaming of making Manila my second home.

Born here. Live here. Die here.

I agree with Defiant...

I was born here, lived here for 4 years, raised in the US but back here to live it out!

I love the US but like other members have already mentioned, its good here in the Philippines for the life.

Granted and thankfully I was able to find a high paying job here, but over in the US, you need to work crazy hard to live really good. I lived in NJ and taxes and the cost of living versus what I was earning was not "milk and honey" haha It was more money, more problems!

Its fun here in Manila, I work 5 days and sometimes even 7 days, 40+ hours a week. What I'm doing here is quite fulfilling. I'm doing what I like which is to help people, I help people go abroad so that they can have the opportunity my parents and I had living abroad. I always here from people that im baliktad, which I am but there's something about living in the homeland.

I've been out here in Manila for just about a year now and still loving it with the exception that I gained weight heheheh Food tastes great out here and is quite affordable if you go to the right places.

Okay, my two cents... eRr or should I say two centavos hehe

• 1 month later...
Guest airmax
I agree with Defiant...

I was born here, lived here for 4 years, raised in the US but back here to live it out!

I love the US but like other members have already mentioned, its good here in the Philippines for the life.

Granted and thankfully I was able to find a high paying job here, but over in the US, you need to work crazy hard to live really good. I lived in NJ and taxes and the cost of living versus what I was earning was not "milk and honey" haha It was more money, more problems!

Its fun here in Manila, I work 5 days and sometimes even 7 days, 40+ hours a week. What I'm doing here is quite fulfilling. I'm doing what I like which is to help people, I help people go abroad so that they can have the opportunity my parents and I had living abroad. I always here from people that im baliktad, which I am but there's something about living in the homeland.

I've been out here in Manila for just about a year now and still loving it with the exception that I gained weight heheheh Food tastes great out here and is quite affordable if you go to the right places.

Okay, my two cents... eRr or should I say two centavos hehe

It really depends. If you're successful in the Philippines and you're earning a lot of money why go abroad? I wouldn't even migrate to the US if I'm making big bucks in the Philippines. Let's face it when I was still there I was just an employee. I was working as a call center agent in one of the top call centers in the Philippines. It's good if you're not supporting your own family. You get to keep a large percentage of your salary. But that's not the case.

I just took advantage of an opportunity to migrate to the US when a friend offered me to work for his company. He handled my petition although I miss our country I'm happy working here in the US because I'm able to support my family and at the same time I'm able to buy things that I couldn't buy in our country when I was still based there.

mas gusto ko pa mag drive ng jeepney dito sa pinas kaysa mag abroad pero nung araw mas masarap sa abroad kayang kaya mag pa inom ng buong barangay pag bakasyon ngayon ang kukuripot ng mga galing ng abroad hahaha mahirap na rin daw ang buhay. yung tatay ko nga sa san jose namumulot pa ng lata ng softdrinks dito sa pinas di nya ginagawa yun.

if the opportunity came why not???

one of the advantages living in the Phil. is that napaka-simple ng Standard of Living, marami naghihirap sa pinas kaya hindi pansin un but compare to other countries simple lang ang buhay sa pinas.

but still if opportunity came i would prefer to migrate in other country. :zorro:

destined. it's Vegas baby!

but the plan is to go and live there for a few decades. I mean, the opportunity is there already, and we shouldn't waste opportunities. still, everything we earn, we'll invest it here. I also can't think of any place to spend my end of days aside from here.