• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
u eat monkeys?

cannibalism na ba yun if u eat monkeys?

:lol:

not me noh! :P the other guy did! ( i think :unsure: )... if i were Darwin, i'd say it is cannibalism... but im NOT Darwin! :lol:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

FATSO: thanks for the welcome-back thingy! :* eel sounds tasty. :rolleyes: yeah rabies... i wonder how they make sure u don't get it when u eat dog meat. :unsure:

Helspawn: how the hell did u end up eating cat meat? :sick:

you freakin' ate MUNING! :lol:

Dream Catcher: no problemo! ;)

When I was young, my Dad loved to experiment with exotic foods. On his travels he met a horse trader in Philadelphia who sold him some horse steaks. My Dad is an excellent cook, so he marinated the steaks and tenderized the fillets before serving them to us. They were actually quite good; I could have sworn that it was beef. He finally told my Mom and me it was horse :sick: when we were done. He served the rest to a Filipino dance troupe that used to visit us every weekend.

Once, we ate sweetbread at an Argentinian restaurant in NYC. It was a whitish, soft meat that was grilled along with some other meats and sausages (one sausage was a blood sausage which was a lot like dinuguan). Later on, I found out that sweetbread was actually bull testicles. In parts of the US, they actually deep fry bull testicles in a beer batter (Rocky Mountain Oysters).

I'd really love to try emu but haven't gotten the chance. :mtc:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
8: no problem. :D

Di ko ata kayang kainin ang pusa (baka yung siopao na nakain ko pusa a) :unsure:

How about rabbit? ano lasa? (wag naman sana "parang chicken") :D

my chinese boss then said it tastes like chicken but the meat is much softer daw...

hey that's bugs bunny they're eating! :sick:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
When I was young, my Dad loved to experiment with exotic foods. On his travels he met a horse trader in Philadelphia who sold him some horse steaks. My Dad is an excellent cook, so he marinated the steaks and tenderized the fillets before serving them to us. They were actually quite good; I could have sworn that it was beef. He finally told my Mom and me it was horse :sick: when we were done. He served the rest to a Filipino dance troupe that used to visit us every weekend.

Once, we ate sweetbread at an Argentinian restaurant in NYC. It was a whitish, soft meat that was grilled along with some other meats and sausages (one sausage was a blood sausage which was a lot like dinuguan). Later on, I found out that sweetbread was actually bull testicles. In parts of the US, they actually deep fry bull testicles in a beer batter (Rocky Mountain Oysters).

testicles! :lol:

if u ever try the emu, let us know what its like... :)

testicles! :lol:

if u ever try the emu, let us know what its like... :)

have tried eating bugs bunny roasted ... tasted like chicken (you k*ll wabbits by breaking the neck). which brings me to conclude that chicken taste is generic. bayawak, phytons and some foxbats all tasted like chiken.

there is this revolving resto in sydney where they serve exotic foods. 2nd floor if i remembered it right. my date guided me into tasting kangaroo meat, ostrich, emu, wild duck and others. it was a gastronomical adventure, the taste, the consistency and the food presentation.

shortest path to a man's dick is thru his stomach.

i ended up eating her too afterwards.

:mtc:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
have tried eating bugs bunny roasted ... tasted like chicken (you k*ll wabbits by breaking the neck). which brings me to conclude that chicken taste is generic. bayawak, phytons and some foxbats all tasted like chiken.

there is this revolving resto in sydney where they serve exotic foods. 2nd floor if i remembered it right. my date guided me into tasting kangaroo meat, ostrich, emu, wild duck and others. it was a gastronomical adventure, the taste, the consistency and the food presentation.

shortest path to a man's dick is thru his stomach.

i ended up eating her too afterwards.

:mtc:

shrike, u got an interesting penchant for "seafoods" :lol: :evil:

wawa naman si bugs bunny :(

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
nakatikim na ako ng fried roaches. field cockroach naman yata. from pampanga ata sabi ng utol ko. it tasted ok. parang chicharon, potato chips or something :P

hey sana naman hindi cockroaches. :sick: baka naman salagubang yun o kaya locusts. sana... :)

testicles.. I watched this documentary sa discovery about the place sa us na kumakain ng testicles.. masarap daw talaga..

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
testicles.. I watched this documentary sa discovery about the place sa us na kumakain ng testicles.. masarap daw talaga..

could it be the high protein content? :unsure: :lol:

Edited by the_eight_of_orbs
share nyo naman my exotic experiences nyo, and where to find them.

cheers![/color][/b]

Like you I crave or should I say, like trying exotic/different foods. Let me see what so far I have tried:

1) Rabbit Legs - Very good! very lean and meaty. They use to sell them at certain groceries before but I'm not sure if they still do. Definitely can be repeated.

2) Frog Legs - Just OK. I was still young then and could not recall any distinct taste worth remembering. Can be repeated.

3) Bayawak (Monitor Lizard) - Very good! Had it fried and adobo and both are excellent.

4) Camaro (Crickets) - So, so. Tried this is Pampanga and I am not looking forward to eating them again. It just tasted like the sause (adobo) but the odd feeling was the legs on your mouth. You could really feel them and not help but think of roaches.

5) Bulls Testicles & Organ - OK. Had it bulalo style. Tasted like bulalo! Can do again.

6) Alligator's Tail - Not sure if OK. Had it in Dallas served as fried and breaded. To me it tasted like pork but a lot gamey. I was disappointed actually. Probably not on my next menu.

7) Sawa/Boa - Good. Had it at Exotic in Laguna. Served fried and breaded. Tasted more like big fish. Can eat it again.

8) Pagong/Turtle - Yummy! Had it in China. Served with soup. Best part was the sort of tendons around its shell. Definitely a must do!

9) Walking Fish - Not for me. Had it in China also. Too fishy for my taste.

10) Wine w/ snakes - OK. Had it in China too. My friend had me try this, supposedly good for the blood. It was brought by one of his helpers who came back from their home town. After drinking a few shots, he then told me that out of the (5) five, 2 were poisonous. I guess it was Ok coz I'm still here making this message.

11) Horse - Good. Had it tapa style. A bit course but tasty.

12) Tamaraw - Good. Had it tapa style also.

Well, that's my share of exotic foods/drinks. Hope and looking forward to trying more.

If anyone out there knows any place close where they serve them, please let me know. :)

Tnx.