Exotic Food & Restaurants

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is cconut crab? :unsure:

COCONUT CRABS

The coconut crab is a large edible land crab related to the hermit crab, and are found in the tropical Indian and Pacific Oceans. They eat coconuts for a living! How would you like to be on an island and come across a crab that is more than 3 feet from head to tail and weighs up to 40 pounds, with a pair of large pincers strong enough to open coconuts! They can climb trees too, but they only eat coconuts that have already fallen to the ground. Coconut crab meat is considered a local delicacy.

post-9-1069446960.jpg

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
hey guys....where can i find resto with exotic foods? though not the gross type.

Hiya DREAM CATCHER! :) there's BALAW-BALAW in Angono... there used to be this place in makati ave but i think its closed na now... :unsure: ... there are lots in the baguio area (as i have been informed last week)...

:) happy eating!

PS: loev ur handle! i used to make dream catchers. ;) LONG BEFORE THEY BECAME A FAD! :)

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

hey peeps! thanks for keeping the thread alive! :* been away for a bit... but im back! :boo:

i was in baguio recently and i was asked by a baguio-based acquaintance if wanted to taste dog meat... i said NO, i cant eat Bantay. :sick:

i learned that they actually "breed" dogs for cooking, especially in the highlands... dog meat is warm for the body when eaten and that's why they eat them... these are not like labs or dalmatians, or rots naman... local dogs that are cared for at home like how some of us raise poultry. for the highlanders, it helps them survive the freezing temperature... come to think of it, other than drinking gin, how can they survive the cold wearing strings diba? makes sense to me.

:)

hey peeps! thanks for keeping the thread alive! :* been away for a bit... but im back! :boo:

i was in baguio recently and i was asked by a baguio-based acquaintance if wanted to taste dog meat... i said NO, i cant eat Bantay. :sick:

i learned that they actually "breed" dogs for cooking, especially in the highlands... dog meat is warm for the body when eaten and that's why they eat them... these are not like labs or dalmatians, or rots naman... local dogs that are cared for at home like how some of us raise poultry. for the highlanders, it helps them survive the freezing temperature... come to think of it, other than drinking gin, how can they survive the cold wearing strings diba? makes sense to me.

Hmm...doesn't drinking alcohol actually have the effect of reducing core body temperature?

:sick:

Me tried the usual exotic foods locally. snake, dog, bayawak, turtle, rabbit and frog. also tried the jumping salad in the north and the beef that still contracts dahil ka puputol lang.

Abroad have tried the the grossest thing monkey brain. the waiter tied the monkey and exposed the head. then everybody hits the head till it cracks and then wala parang sushi. :sick:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
Hmm...doesn't drinking alcohol actually have the effect of reducing core body temperature?

hmmm... ideally. as for me, i drink for the fun of it and the FUN that comes after when im consumed by it! :lol:

seriuosly, i have no clear idea. :) enlighten me please?

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
:sick:

Me tried the usual exotic foods locally. snake, dog, bayawak, turtle, rabbit and frog. also tried the jumping salad in the north and the beef that still contracts dahil ka puputol lang.

Abroad have tried the the grossest thing monkey brain. the waiter tied the monkey and exposed the head. then everybody hits the head till it cracks and then wala parang sushi. :sick:

kawawang unggoy! :sick: you eat it raw? and how does it taste like? :unsure:

welcome back 8!

Kakatakot lang kasi rabies... pero ang sarap ng dogmeat sana. :unsure: