• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
Belated Happy Birthday 8! :cool: :boo: :*

Anything "exotic" on your Bday? :D

Thanks! :*

no exotic dinner for my birthday... its the christmas season siguro that's why we're sticking to the traditional fare. :)

anyone tasted rabbit meat? sarap!

Had eaten it before, and it so delicious! We used to get the meat from Makati Supermart and a place somewhere in Las Pinas. The meat, specially the leg part is lean and meaty (parang commercial ng Hotdog ah!). :lol:

Does anyone know a good place to get em? Yung close by lang ha! :cool: If not, even other exotic food place will do.

Tnx.

Had eaten it before, and it so delicious! We used to get the meat from Makati Supermart and a place somewhere in Las Pinas. The meat, specially the leg part is lean and meaty (parang commercial ng Hotdog ah!). :lol:

Does anyone know a good place to get em? Yung close by lang ha! :cool: If not, even other exotic food place will do.

Tnx.

I saw a bunny wabbit hopping along the yard a couple of weeks ago. Cottontail, if I'm not mistaken. :)

Now on to a ever so vaguely related note:

Read a copy of Maxim the other week, and they had a "How To" Guide. One of the topics was "How To Avoid Bunny Boilers". Hilarious!

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

people.. please stop eating woger wabbit and bugs bunny na? :(

but i heard that they taste like chicken only that the meat is softer and it has a grainy feel in the mouth daw.

true? :unsure:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
went to middle part of taiwan (Puli) and a soup was served.

no one was touching it...but when one did...a small chicken/duck was there.

complete....from head to feet...pati ata innards...

didn't enjoy my lunch. :sick:

good daw for midnight escapades.

i'd rather over dose on extra joss or red bull! :lol:

I guess turtle soup is pretty standard now in restaurants specially chinese ones. I had the pleasure of tasting guinea pig (barbecued - taste like chicken) in Peru (it's a staple there like balot would be here). Chewed on coca leaves (like nganga but can also be boiled) in bolivia (it's legal there as a mild anaesthetic but you need to chew like a kilo to get a buzz).

Just ate at Casa Armas in GB3 during lunch and had frog legs and eel. The frog legs was fried to a crisp and served with sauteed garlic and olive oil. It was good! For a change it does not taste like chicken, but more of a big dilis. Maybe because of the way it was fried. The eel naman was ok. Did'nt taste much coz they were little bitty eels. It was more of the oil and garlic that you can taste.

Just sharing with you guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

When I was about 10 years old my uncle tricked me into eating curried bayawak. He told me it was chicken, when I started chewing on it, I knew something was wrong, chicken doesn't taste gamey and chicken is definitely not that boney! My beloved uncle started laughing at me when he saw my grossed out face. I still double check any curried dish til now.

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
When I was about 10 years old my uncle tricked me into eating curried bayawak. He told me it was chicken, when I started chewing on it, I knew something was wrong, chicken doesn't taste gamey and chicken is definitely not that boney! My beloved uncle started laughing at me when he saw my grossed out face. I still double check any curried dish til now.

Geez i love curry :rolleyes:

hey girl, welcome to MTC! :) :mtc: