-water buffalo

-elephant

-earthworms in omelette made from wild bird's eggs

-ostrich

-elk

-emu

-pheasant

-eel

-grubs (sorry, can't be more specific. can be found living in decaying wood)

-stingray

-shark (not just the fins)

-sea urchins

-lamb's tails (very fatty)

-fresh water shrimp

-lamb's testicles

-wild goat

-crayfish (freshwater lobster, only smaller)

-possum

-fresh cow's blood

-kangaroo

-wallaby (related to the kangaroo)

-cow's udder

-snake (boa constrictor if i remember correctly)

-various bizarre plants and leaves

-various unidentified fish

-various kinds of birds that all fell under the name "lunch"

-the crowning (or lowest, depending on your view) gastronomic moment would be when we ate road k*ll (sheep in this instance). don't ask me why, let's just say we had to.

i think that fetus thing is an urban myth, parang iyung monkey brains from hong kong kuno, i rmemeber asking all my hong kong friends kung nasaan ba iyung restaurant na iyun, pero sabi nila hindi daw totoo iyun, maybe a long time ago but not now or even 10 years ago.

the vilest thing i've tried though is fresh snake blood, ussually they make a small snake fight with a mongoose which then kills it, the stimulated blood fulll of adrenalin and the like are supposed to make a good healthy stimulant, but it taste very bad. This is still quite popular in the chinese countries

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
Have anyone tried the saliva of the swallow? It is considered a health food. It tastes good but very expensive. Because you can only find it in a place (usually a cave) where the swallows spit them out before they die. You can buy them in Chinatown.

what kinda health benefits does one get out of that daw? :unsure:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
i think that fetus thing is an urban myth, parang iyung monkey brains from hong kong kuno, i rmemeber asking all my hong kong friends kung nasaan ba iyung restaurant na iyun, pero sabi nila hindi daw totoo iyun, maybe a long time ago but not now or even 10 years ago.

the vilest thing i've tried though is fresh snake blood, ussually they make a small snake fight with a mongoose which then kills it, the stimulated blood fulll of adrenalin and the like are supposed to make a good healthy stimulant, but it taste very bad. This is still quite popular in the chinese countries

when i was in HK, i was told by chinese boss that the fetus thingy is a hoax.... but they do eat lotsa weird stuff there... :sick:

i never knew the snakes had to be aggitated that way before u draw the blood... i was told to eat snake bile marinated in some chinese wine or something like that, to cleanse my system daw. well, it sure did... :sick: i threw up BIG TIME! :lol:

Have anyone tried the saliva of the swallow? It is considered a health food. It tastes good but very expensive. Because you can only find it in a place (usually a cave) where the swallows spit them out before they die. You can buy them in Chinatown.

why not just eat the swallow, feathers, bones and everything rather than wait for it to die and spit out the saliva?

or baka puwedeng french kiss na lang iyong ibon? :))

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
why not just eat the swallow, feathers, bones and everything rather than wait for it to die and spit out the saliva?

or baka puwedeng french kiss na lang iyong ibon? :))

ano ka ba? kawawa naman yung birdie! :( small lang sya eh. :(

hmmm pero nga, why not cook the damn swallows like pigeons? :unsure:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
yeah, like that. hindi nga lang sya sizzling! spicy sya. i swear, it's better than sisig. at least sa panlasa ko. :)

is it crunchy or like gooey like the pampangueño sisig?