Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

If you really want to prove that you are the greatest heavyweight of all time, why not sign to an organization that presents the greatest opposition for you? Yeah, Dana is a piece of work, but then again it's about proving to the world that you are the best. Maybe Randy will sign with M-1 too, then we'll all see the fight that we always wanted. (Wishful thinking... Hehehehe)

With Randy out, I believe it's our boy's turn to take the torch and run with it.

Go BRANDON VERA!!

If you really want to prove that you are the greatest heavyweight of all time, why not sign to an organization that presents the greatest opposition for you? Yeah, Dana is a piece of work, but then again it's about proving to the world that you are the best. Maybe Randy will sign with M-1 too, then we'll all see the fight that we always wanted. (Wishful thinking... Hehehehe)

^ he can sign a 1-fight deal just to get the Fedor fight, then regardless of the outcome he retires after that. that would work for me.

Does the UFC make Vera/Sylvia a title match? I'd have no problem with that. The guy who was supposed to fight for the belt, against the guy who feels a bit cheated that he had to defend it against a guy coming out of retirement.

What do you think?

^ would be unfair for now to make the Vera-Sylvia fight a title fight; Sylvia is coming off a loss diba (the coming out of retirement angle is no excuse, champions should be ready for anybody and everybody).. a series of fights with the top HW's would suffice first.. giving guys like Big Nog, Napao, even Kongo & Cro Cop, a chance to position themselves again for the title would be a great opportunity.. who knows, if Big Nog wins he'll be the only fighter to hold both the UFC & PRIDE titles..

but still, i'll pull for Brandon to win it all...

White's reaction could determine MMA's future

Dana White may be the man most responsible for the meteoric growth of the UFC. It has a national television contract, it does ever-larger pay-per-view sales, it routinely sells out major venues and it has one of the most passionate fan bases in sports.

Much of that is due to White's grit, guile and cunning.

But White, the UFC president, has a challenge before him, the likes of which he has never faced in his seven years at the helm of the world's most successful mixed martial arts promotional company.

Though White hardly seemed upset by UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture's announcement Thursday that he is retiring as a professional fighter and severing all ties with the company, how he handles the situation will determine whether the company will continue its rocket-like ascent toward mainstream acceptance or whether it will return to the netherworld of niche sports status.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Ahmo...o&type=lgns

in my opinion if Randy will not change his mind, the next UFCs is gonna be big, it may sound kinda pro wrestling in tone but they will need a draw, a guy who can be a poster boy of the UFC like the way Tito was and the way Chuck and Randy is now.. Can Forrest be a poster boy? or any random UFC star? Maybe..

And yeah.. I promote the UFC to my co-workers.. Para dumami supporta kay Brandon Vera..

Edited by JediMasterTebs

I think with Randy's resignation, mas may chance pa matutuloy pa ang Randy v. Fedor.

I'm almost sure Randy will jump at any opportunity to fight Fedor, and with his resignation the M1 peeps will be offering him something soon! Ang saya nun, para matapos na usap usapan!

Vera v. Sylvia na mamaya!!!

UFC 77: ‘Hostile Territory’ conference call highlights:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/65/ufc77websiteua6.jpg

Prior to the major news about the resignation of UFC Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture yesterday there was a conference call to promote the sold-out UFC 77: “Hostile Territory” event in Cincinnati, Ohio, that takes place next weekend on October 20 at the U.S. Bank Arena.

UFC President Dana White, UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin, former heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia and Brandon Vera all participated on the call.

“Mr. Sunshine” sent us over a very cool post that includes edited audio snips/highlights from the actual call. It gives our readers a pretty cool inside-look on what goes on behind the scenes prior to a major pay-per-view (PPV) event.

Dana White:

* The middleweight fight between Yushin Okami and Jason MacDonald is not for a number one contender slot in the division. UFC president Dana White mentioned that there were “a lot of guys in the mix” for a title shot and that is is still possible that Dan Henderson will compete at 185 pounds.

* Tim Sylvia, Brandon Vera and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, according to White, are among the top fighters in the division and all three will more than likely be considered for a title shot with wins in their next bouts.

Tim Sylvia:

* Sylvia is feeling great — back surgery went awesome and his pain is all gone. Someone is “going to sleep” during his bout with “The Truth.”

* Sylvia believes that Vera’s lack of activity in the last year will not come into play in the fight. Both will come to bang. His stand up is good and he’s got a lot of good assets. He’s ready for a tough fight.

* Win or lose Sylvia wants to fight again in early 2008.

Brandon Vera:

* Being married to another fighter is “pretty cool.” His life is much easier at home. Hardest part is watching her get in the ring.

* His layoff sucked. But he has been training and keeping himself motivated. Took a trip over to Thailand. He now pays more attention to details inside and outside of the cage.

* Sylvia’s size causes a big problem. Timing and range is much different. Something he has trained for with other big guys. It’s the smallest heavyweight in the division against the biggest.

* He’s prepared well and is ready to see what happens.

Anderson Silva:

* Silva is more experienced than the first time he fought Franklin last year. Doesn’t feel he’s any better — just more experienced.

* Once the Octagon door closes it won’t matter where the fight takes place. He is not intimidated about it happening in Cincinnati. Fans can expect a phenomenal fight. Both fighters are going to leave it all in the Octagon.

* He has not underestimated Franklin. Silva has trained really hard and he is motivated to put on a good show for the fans. He owes it to the fans and the UFC to put on a good fight.

* Silva doesn’t feel that the UFC wants Franklin to be champion. This is an important bout for both fighters. It’s going to be the fight of the night if not the year.

Rich Franklin:

* Does not have his trademark black eye … yet. However, his lip did get “busted open” during training.

* His training has changed quite a bit. To get away from the media circus in Cincinnati he has moved his entire camp into the mountains of Wyoming. Refreshing to get out of the city and there is nothing to do but train in Wyoming.

* Training four to five hours per day.

* Anderson is number one in the weightclass and he wants to fight the best guys. He wants to perform well and set things straight in his own mind.

* He realizes now that in the initial fight he didn’t put enough time in to study Silva. This time there was a lot of emphasis on breaking down film.

* Anderson showed resilience on the ground against Travis Lutter. He’s very versatile. Showed great poise in win over Nate Marquardt.

* Had a really sore nose after loss to Silva.

* Unsure whether or not training in high altitude will help him during the fight because it is the first time he has really tried it.

share ko lang...

ALL UFC FULL EVENTS 1-60:

UFC 1-10

Code:

http://rapidshare.com/users/F591PL

UFC 11-20

Code:

http://rapidshare.com/users/AZIZ7R

UFC 21-30

Code:

http://rapidshare.com/users/8HIG5

UFC 31-40

Code:

http://rapidshare.com/users/AALEHG

UFC 41-50

Code:

http://rapidshare.com/users/YM1M35

UFC 51-60

Code:

http://rapidshare.com/users/VQ83JH

Dude, baka pwede pa share nito ulit. Thanks in advance.

I'm almost sure Randy will jump at any opportunity to fight Fedor, and with his resignation the M1 peeps will be offering him something soon! Ang saya nun, para matapos na usap usapan!

oh randy will jump at Fedor of course, but we still have to wait a while until that comes true

Randy signed a four fight deal with the UFC when he came back, so far he's only fought in two. He can't fight for any other promotion until he lets his last two fights run out, which means he'll be out of action for a year at most.

By that time Randy will be 45.

all in all I think Randy's resignation from the UFC is a bad move.

FEDOR ACCORDING TO HIS PEERS

swiped from Sherdog:

-"Fedor is the best pfp fighter in the world." - Randy Couture, UFC HW Champion

-"Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from bj Penn, those 2 are the best fighters in the world." - Rampage Jackson, UFC LHW Champion

-"It's FEDOR dude!" - Eric Pele

-"He is the BEST." - Mark Coleman, former UFC HW Champion and Pride GP Champion

-"The best in the world, no doubt." - Phil Baroni

-"Look, I've fought many people from around the world, so I've seen many strong fighters. But like him, never." - Renato Sobral

-"Fedor is on top now, it's hard to beat him now." - Pedro Rizzo

-"NOBODY wants to fight Fedor." - Wanderlei Silva, former Pride MW Champion and GP winner

-"Our great champion, he is the BEST in the world." - Josh Barnett, former UFC HW Champion and ADCC Champion

-"Fedor has no equals in Sambo or MMA." - Aleksander Mikhailin, 3-time World Judo Champion and Fedor's former training partner

-"Fedor would be absolutely great in K-1." - Ernesto Hoost, 4-time K-1 World Champion

-"Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor Emelianenko." - Bas Rutten, former king of Pancrase and UFC HW Champion FSN

-"Probably the best ever lived....he's a living legend right now and I don't think there's a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal. Pound for pound the best in the world." - Diego Sanchez, hooterandgreenway radio show

-"Fedor is my favorite." - BJ Penn, former UFC Welterweight Champion and BJJ world Champion, NWFS 7/9/06

-"Fedor is the most incredible fighter you'll ever see." - Frank Trigg

-"Fedor is pound-for-pound best in the world." - Shamada (Pride referee)

-"Fedor is a machine." - Don Frye

-"The best fighter to climb into ANY areana is Emelianenko fedor. He is in his own league and you can't compare nobody." - Kevin Randleman, former UFC HW Champion

-"Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to k*ll people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself." - Brandon Vera

-"He is the best and undefeated... His striking game and his ground game is the best, so that's why he is the best... He is the sh*t " - Mark Hunt, K-1 World Champion

-"He's the total package; looks can be deceiving. He's incredibly strong, his hips are amazing, probably his best asset. Hard to hold down, hard to do anything with the guy.........s@%t he's just the best, that's why he's the best. He gets in position to throw the big bombs, he throws just as hard on the ground as he does on the feet. That's why he's the world Champion." - Mark Coleman

-"He's the fastest I've ever seen. Much faster than Mirko. And he's got a great reaction. Technically he may not have such a big advantage, but physically he is the fastest heavy guy in MMA history. He tries a punch, misses it, then immediately shoots again, Cro Cop for example didn't even see them coming. He must practise that a lot, because it's not easy to improvise that kind of thing. He is really with a good combination of styles, he can go from one art to the other, that's what makes him different." – Antonio Rodorigo Nogueira

-"He has a fast eye, good for counter-attacking. And in every fight he shows up with something new under his sleeve. Against Filipovic he used a great clinch-strike combo: he'd go for the uchi-mata, quickly following with a powerful hook." - Pedro Rizzo

------

Liddell: 'I'll fight anyone, Silva? Yeah sure, Quinton Jackson? Sure, Randy Couture? Sure'

Reporter: 'What about Fedor Emelianenko?'

Liddell: 'Well if I'll have to...I'll fight him...if I have to'

I like Chuck's quote the best

I have a question as a foreigner who lives in Manila,is chinese martial arts not popular here ? and Im not talking about the modern wushu,Im talking about the less fancy kung fu...where u have to train hard to understand the concepts and stuff..

but where u also gain benifits like health,strength,self-discipline and effective self defence..

I have a question as a foreigner who lives in Manila,is chinese martial arts not popular here ? and Im not talking about the modern wushu,Im talking about the less fancy kung fu...where u have to train hard to understand the concepts and stuff..

but where u also gain benifits like health,strength,self-discipline and effective self defence..

Sadly its not as popular as the modern martial arts

i think one way or another.. the fedor vs Couture fight will still take place..

because that is what the public wants..

best pfp against captain america, who can defeats almost everybody!!!

plus, im with you guys on brandon vera..

would like to see him on the top..!

Go vera

i think one way or another.. the fedor vs Couture fight will still take place..

not if dana white has something to say about it

read this:

Couture vs. UFC, a legal battle is brewing

an excerpt:

...It seems that the language each side is using reflects a specific stance on what, exactly, Couture’s UFC contract is like. According to Sherdog.com Couture has said that there are nine months left on his UFC contract and he would look towards being in a position to fight Emelianenko, who has reportedly signed with the M-1 organization.

White flat out denied that Couture’s UFC contract would simply expire in nine months, allowing him to fight elsewhere after that time, in an interview with UFC.com’s Editor Thomas Gerbasi saying, “Absolutely not.” It's clear now that Couture seems unsatisfied with the contract he signed with the UFC and his language of "resigning" coupled with his reported assertion that his contract has a finite amount of time left suggests that it’s his intention to ride out the contract and chase a fight with Fedor afterwards. White’s terming of “retirement” then, seems to include the not so subtle sub text that in the UFC's opinion, Couture cannot simply stop working for the UFC and expect that his next fight can be outside of the organization.

It seems that Dana won't let Couture ride out his contract, while Randy will do anything just to get out and fight again. If it ever goes to court it will be a long and hard fought battle and we may not see Randy fight ever again.

It seems that Dana won't let Couture ride out his contract, while Randy will do anything just to get out and fight again. If it ever goes to court it will be a long and hard fought battle and we may not see Randy fight ever again.

^ it looks like the non-compete clause that Brock Lesnar fought against WWE. it took Lesnar 4 years to have it overturned, and if the same will happen to Couture he's gonna be too old to fight Fedor, & the luster and hype of that fight will probably be long gone.

sad, but i guess all we fans can do is to move on and wish Couture the best. he's been nothing but the best in his time, & his achievements in facts & figures will never be outshadowed by this seemingly ugly scene.

i saw Couture's opening flurry against Tim Sylvia back in UFC 68 before i left for school. now it's time to see Brandon Vera do the same this weekend!