Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

UFC News: UFC negotiating for Ortiz-Shamrock III

Submitted by Brian Cantor on Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 7:40 PM EST

Sunday's Las Vegas Review-Journal features quotes from Dana White that confirm UFC's interest in a third Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz fight.

"The way that fight ended the last time (stunk), and we care about our fans and our customers," White said. "They were booing and throwing (things) and I've never experienced anything like that before. It was a bad scene."

The fight was stopped in Tito Ortiz's favor after one minute and eighteen seconds. Although Ortiz was clearly winning, MMA fans almost unanimously condemned the stoppage as premature, noting that Ken Shamrock was far from "out."

White is eyeing an October Spike TV special for the fight as a courtesy to disappointed fans who paid $39.95 to see their bout last month.

Neither Ortiz nor Ken Shamrock had agreed to terms at press time.

UFC

GUYS! I work for an independent media outfit (events, concerts, tv shows). Anyways, yesterday, a walk-in client happens to be one of the trainers of UFC fighter Diego Sanchez. He is here trying to pitch to sponsors his concept for bringing the UFC here in the Philippines (araneta coliseum, probably). Of course, to top-bill the event would be the undefeated Diego Sanchez (19-0)... He is also hoping to be able to bring in a Chuck Lidell (or someone with his following!).

Keep your fingers crossed guys! Hopefully, everything works out and we'll get to see the event live!

Good news :) hope this event pushes through! Good luck! :thumbsupsmiley: :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon ha said that he will be LHW and HW champ during his UFC career...

Hindi malayong mangyari yun, accomplished wrestler yan (and that's coming from Olympian and former UFC HW/LHW champ Randy Couture), accomplished jiu-jitsu artist under Floyd Irvin, and Muay Thai coach nya si Rob Kaman (i-google mo name nito, makikita nyo kung sino sya at gaano sya ka-importante sa Muay Thai!!!) so maganda ang supporting cast nya...patanda na si Liddell, at wala namang real dominant fighter sa HW...

LHW sya nung una sa UFC, pero HW champion yan ng WEC...

Natatawa lang ako, more of grappling ang hina-hype sa kanya nung una, pero majority ng laban nya, panalo sya by TKO or KO. Nakalimutan ata nilang K1 Trials winner at WKA muay thai champ 'to!

post-96683-1156874642.jpg

post-96683-1156874660.jpg

last fight nya was against Matt Hughes, talo sya.

sya ngayon trainer ni ex-WWE champ Brock Lesnar, na sasali sa K1.

Tama ka sir, talo nga si Royce last UFC. He's still active in training other fighters though (pero losing streak din yung iba tulad nila Royler, Ryan, Rodrigo, Ralph, and Renzo)

Last I read was that Brock Lesnar is training with Matt Hughes and the rest of Miletich fighting systems in Bettendorf, Iowa. Has he switched camps because he got bad mouthed by Hughes? (Matt supposedly schooled him in training and Brock got mad)

I think Brock should train with Miletich instead of Royce. Royce was the innovator of the sport of MMA - this is true...but Miletich can develop Brock's physical strengths more (Royce is an excellent grappler, but Brock was a NCAA caliber wrestler, so the transition may be difficult.)