Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I've been following pride and UFC since the very start and all I can say is that UFC does not appeal to me anymore. Piling pili lang talaga yung magagaling sa UFC compared to pride.

Gusto ko lang sana mag comment dun sa 2 talo ni Ken Shamrock.

Ken's lost to sakuraba in pride was valid. Shamrock fell down and turned away from sakuraba. If the ref did not stop the fight, ken might have gotten injured. With ken's rematch with tito, It was premature. Yes, ortiz's elbows were unanswered, but that's because he had the superior position and it's natural that his offense will connect. Watching the fight, ken was fully aware of the situation and inching his arm to block the elbows but the referre stopped the fight.

I've been following pride and UFC since the very start and all I can say is that UFC does not appeal to me anymore. Piling pili lang talaga yung magagaling sa UFC compared to pride.

Ken's lost to sakuraba in pride was valid. Shamrock fell down and turned away from sakuraba. If the ref did not stop the fight, ken might have gotten injured. With ken's rematch with tito, It was premature. Yes, ortiz's elbows were unanswered, but that's because he had the superior position and it's natural that his offense will connect. Watching the fight, ken was fully aware of the situation and inching his arm to block the elbows but the referre stopped the fight.

Ive seen UFC 47-52 already.

Where did u watch Pride? I cant find it?

hey guys, UFC fan & general MMA afficionado as well..my favorites are the natural randy couture & chuck lindell..is it true chuck KO'd vitor belfort? & that chuck already beat randy?..huli kasi ko sa balita..astig tlga MMA gusto ko matuto..

what do you thinks is better? a striker who learns to grapple or a grappler who learns to strike? tnx dudes..MMA rules!!..

BRo Ken was out after that 2nd elbow ref stopped it after the fifth one ? what about anderson silva fighting franklin? you guys saw the fight wit leben and silva ? leben got lit like a christmas tree

One fight I'd also love to see would be Shogun vs Liddell and Lidell vs Arona

No disrespect to bjj guys but arona put me to sleep in my couch that fool is boring as f#&k i appreciate good bjj matches i practice one myself but that fool just lays in there and wait for the decision

The fights I want to see:

Paulo Filho VS Matt Hughes - two compact powerhouses with great ground skills, and submissions.

Wanderlei Silva VS CroCop 2 - the first match was dumb, CroCop didn't want to trade or be on the ground. Now he has some MMA fights under his belt, he can show what he's made of. Also,Wanderlei wants to prove that he can also be a legit HW.

Wanderlei Silva VS Mark Coleman - after Shogun got hurt during his match with Coleman there was a brawl in the ring involving Silva, Ninja Rua, Phil Baroni, and Coleman. Silva was calling out Coleman and Baroni to duke it out in the parking lot, lets see them settle it in the ring!

Nice PIck Bosing heres mine I want to see Pele LAndi Jons And MAtt hughes fight again did you get to see the first one country breakfast headbutt peles knees it was sweet 2nd match Silva vs igor vovchanchyn now thats a fight tim sylvia vs jerome lebanner any way timmy wants it

i agree with you bro.. gracie,shamrock and the likes should stop fighting.. wala silang mapapala.. magugulpi lang sila..

but those old farts started this game somehow they still feel let show this kids whats up type of attitude its different case wit hoyce though that fool fights for money

yup, he lost the 1st time.. pero sa winning streak nya ngayon.. laki ng improvement nya..

since his lost to The Iceman in 2002, he has racked up 10 straight wins againt opponents which include Pride's 2005 MW GP king Shogun Rua, Jeremy Horn, & Van Arsdale/

BABALU got all the tools to beat danas poster boy chucky but he needs to go back and train wit RVT the guys hes wit now are just white kids that thinks they know mma

BABALU got all the tools to beat danas poster boy chucky but he needs to go back and train wit RVT the guys hes wit now are just white kids that thinks they know mma

Babalu has improved a lot since his last match with Lidell...as far as I know, he trains with Gracie Barra Combat Team (MMA team of Gracie Barra) now, and I don't think they're "just white kids that thinks they know mma" (I dont even know if you can consider them as white kids, hehe). Peace :hypocritesmiley:

check out this article: http://news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=5310 :thumbsupsmiley:

No disrespect to bjj guys but arona put me to sleep in my couch that fool is boring as f#&k i appreciate good bjj matches i practice one myself but that fool just lays in there and wait for the decision

There were some good fights involving Arona bro, like that match between him and Vanderlei, I was shocked that he actually stood up with the Axe Murderer and actually hurt him with leg kicks and effective punching.

Another exciting fight was when he beat up and cut up Sakuraba...

But the most exciting fight I've seen Ricardo Arona in was his fight with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson...WAHAHAHA! KO'D VIA SLAM!!!

post-96683-1154504928.jpg

post-96683-1154504964.jpg

dude.. retired na si Couture.. after being knocked out (again) by Liddell.

Randy has stated that he would come out of retirement if he can fight Vanderlei.

That would be a good fight, but think in Vanderlei will take him out. Better strike, Overall strength.

di kaya ni shamrock si tito ortiz......

eversince over rated si shamrock

he was successful in the first few ufc because mahina defense sa submissions yung mga fighters noon.....submissions was foreign to them

now that the fighters hs learned submissions and ufc's rules are leaned towards strikers wala na magawa si ken shamrock but live up to his name as a sham

ken shamrock ws never successful at pride kasi mas magaling pa sa submissions kaysa kanya ang pride fighters

mahina striking ni shamrock and his submission skills are just ordinary compared to fighters of the present.....and his advanced age is not helping him any

ortiz naman has the ufc down pat..........kabisado na niya ang ufc and that is what makes him so successful

For his age Ken is doing great, I just hope I'm as active and accomplished as he is. Back in the early 90's Ken was the man. He dominated in Pankration which is was the closes thing the MMA, palm strike to the face with all type of submissions.

as for Tito... I think he let the everyone down when he too so long to fight Liddel... the fame and fortune of being the UFC poster boy inthe 90's went to his head... Tito was at his best when we was fighting to become UFC champion... bring to the UFC some of the best ground and pound techniques that we now see many fighters you.... now that he's back.. it really depends on how much he wants it.

Im oppinion on the Ortiz & Liddel fight is that he's should have stuck to his style and not try to out box Liddel.

Up and comming UFC fighter Brandon Vera hope he fights for the Heavy weight championship soon. Let's root for him he's half pinoy! :thumbsupsmiley:

Sweet... Vera has alot of potential... great striker.. especially from his Muay Thai background... Did you see the head kick he gave that guy? Ouch!!!

Both UFC & Pride has the best fighter line-ups, they only differ in rules which made Pride fighters more known to execute streetfighting as close as it can be. Also in Pride, considering the exposure of more fighters from other continents that measures their cultural toughness & coldheartedness (i.e. eastern europeans):D

I tend to enjoy Pride alot more especially the Bushido series. Awesome battles between world class fighters and where else can you see your favourite fighters in open weight tornaments.

UFC should have an open weight special... It would never happen but I'd love to see some light heavy wieghts and Heavy weights clash.

I hope we can get the IFL (Int'l Fight League) in the Philippines soon. Mukhang interesting yung concept.

This concept is great... The fighters get paid a salary to fight with all the heath benifits.

They have all the MMA lengends training these fighters so it's going to be great.

it depends on the martial art but if you want to be good in streetfight, try joining jeet kune do by bruce lee and also krav maga(martial arts of israeli military). go to www.kravmaga.com

the all the elite say good things about Kravmaga. Some of the demonstrations have been awesome.. any counter strike are aimed to k*ll your attacker no mame them.

some awesome techniques...I can see why military forces use it.

hey guys, UFC fan & general MMA afficionado as well..my favorites are the natural randy couture & chuck lindell..is it true chuck KO'd vitor belfort? & that chuck already beat randy?..huli kasi ko sa balita..astig tlga MMA gusto ko matuto..

what do you thinks is better? a striker who learns to grapple or a grappler who learns to strike? tnx dudes..MMA rules!!..

hard to say..it takes time to master both skillset.. it really depends on the fighter... Just look at Matt Huges.. he's a top wrestler when he started and dominated with his ground and pound techniques coz his wrestling background is so strong...but he's evolved with the sport developing his jui jutsui techniques submitting some fo the best BJJ fighters.

But back to your orginal question.... I thinking the striker learning to grapple would have the advantage. If he learns to avoid takedowns, learn to work an effective clinch like Randy Couture then maybe but this could work visa versa... Grappler setting up punches for the take down.

GUYS! I work for an independent media outfit (events, concerts, tv shows). Anyways, yesterday, a walk-in client happens to be one of the trainers of UFC fighter Diego Sanchez. He is here trying to pitch to sponsors his concept for bringing the UFC here in the Philippines (araneta coliseum, probably). Of course, to top-bill the event would be the undefeated Diego Sanchez (19-0)... He is also hoping to be able to bring in a Chuck Lidell (or someone with his following!).

Keep your fingers crossed guys! Hopefully, everything works out and we'll get to see the event live!

good. i just hope it pushes through.

Plans are for the event to push through within the year. It really depends on the MONEY (whatelse). Kung wala masyadong makuhang sponsors... baka walang Chuck Lidell... or worse ma-scrap ang event altogether. The trainer of Diego Sanchez happens to be a Fil-Am based in Las Vegas. He is a cool guy -- although he doesn't know anything about video production... which I did for him over the weekend. He will be using the material for his sales pitch. Keep your fingers crossed guys! Mahal nga lang siguro ang mga tickets pag nagkataon... but as for me... GUARANTEED FREE RINGSIDE TICKETS AKO.... hahaha! The perks of my job! May "backstage" pass pa yan.