Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

^^

i never know that Mayhem was unlikable..di ba sikat xa sa US kc meron xang sariling show?

Anyway, GSP vs Diaz is set on Oct..i already opened an account with BODOG to probably bet in Diaz..kxo hassle, i need to create pa kc another account sa 3rd party ewallet..guys, do you know a hassle-free online betting site?

sayang kc, big underdog to Diaz..malaki kikitain ko d2..hehehe.

^^ Hopefully maliit lang i bet mo.. Tipong one time big time lang coz the odds of Nick beating GSP is slim to none.. Try mo rin MSW kung nasa Pinas ka.. isa un sa pinupustahan ko before..

Anyway, the super fights are coming sooner than expected which is good for us fans..

Hendo vs Fedor is booked.. Now Nick vs GSP.. Sana Zuffa can make Cain vs Alistair after the HW tourney.. And Gilbert vs winner of Frankie and Gray would be great too..

sir, whats the exact address ng MSW? yun ba yung Mega SportsWorld..d2 lng me sa pinas..ang hirap kc dun sa Bodog, parang ang laki nga ng gagastusin ko kc overseas..

this june pa lng ang dami ng super fights.. Carwin-JDS, Overeem-Werdum, Pettis-Guida, Maia-Munoz...i cant even pick, kc halos lhat fave fighter ko..maliban na lng dun sa Overeem-Werdum..gus2 ko sna rin itry pumusta kay Werdum, parang +250 ata xa.hehehe..parang puro upset kc trend sa SF ngaun..

^^

Guida just executed a very good gameplan..but im still very impressed kay Pettis.he has a very active guard that threaten multiple submissions from his back and also a very dynamic striker.syang yung spinning back kick and kick from the bottom(hehe, hnd q alam kung ano tawag dun, hnd nmn kc upkick yung gnwa nya)na hnd tumama..para 2loy xang c Anderson..but props to Guida for escaping all those subs attempts.

c Chris Cope during the pre-fight, may resemblance kay Forrest Griffin, pati the way he talks.

wow..nxt week na pla agad yung JDS-Carwin..evry wikend has a great MMA card.

a great card for UFC 131..but there are some poor judging again..one judge scored the Maia-Munoz fight as 30-27??? i dont see how can u give the 1st round to Munoz..that fight is a draw at least.. the same with Florian-Nunez..one judge scored it 30-27??? 1st round is definitely in Diego's favor..

though JDS-Carwin didnt end in KO, it is still a good fight..the guillotine in the last seconds by Carwin is very deeeeep IMO..but Im not a BJJ wizard, so I cant really say..

a great card for UFC 131..but there are some poor judging again..one judge scored the Maia-Munoz fight as 30-27??? i dont see how can u give the 1st round to Munoz..that fight is a draw at least.. the same with Florian-Nunez..one judge scored it 30-27??? 1st round is definitely in Diego's favor..

I noticed the same thing. Napa wtf nga ako e. Maia and Nunes clearly had the upper hand in their respective bouts, yet in some judge's eyes, they lost. Weird

though JDS-Carwin didnt end in KO, it is still a good fight..the guillotine in the last seconds by Carwin is very deeeeep IMO..but Im not a BJJ wizard, so I cant really say..

I think panalo si Munoz sa 2nd and 3rd round. but still unanimous decision. same with florian and nunez.

sayang yung guilottine choke ni carwin, kinapos sa oras.

Guest inverbrass

As for Velasquez/Dos Santos, I've got Junior after witnessing that massacre he put on last night.

Same here but only slightly after JDS put on a boxing clinic and the fact that Carwin is an excellent wrestler yet couldn't keep JDS down. But Velasquez' striking is at par with JDS since he mixes his kicks and punches smoothly.

Edited by inverbrass

yeah deep from that angle... but can easily be broken kasi JDS was in side control & shane carwin didn't have any hooks in... iba naman ito sa standing guillotine kasi iaangat mo siya kapag nakatayo kayo sir, kaso kapag guillotine from the bottom tapos yung dominant fighter is in side control, nagsasayang ka lang ng lakas ng braso sir. yes sir demian maia got robbed

question though, diba cigano trains with black house? bakit nasa corner niya si maia during his fight?

I noticed the same thing. Napa wtf nga ako e. Maia and Nunes clearly had the upper hand in their respective bouts, yet in some judge's eyes, they lost. Weird

diego nunus sir medyo kinapos siya ng cardio kay ken flo

all in all mas pabor ng judges ang fighter who ends up on top kahit wala mashadong ginagawa... lay n pray kumbaga

yeah deep from that angle... but can easily be broken kasi JDS was in side control & shane carwin didn't have any hooks in... iba naman ito sa standing guillotine kasi iaangat mo siya kapag nakatayo kayo sir, kaso kapag guillotine from the bottom tapos yung dominant fighter is in side control, nagsasayang ka lang ng lakas ng braso sir. yes sir demian maia got robbed

question though, diba cigano trains with black house? bakit nasa corner niya si maia during his fight?

because they share the same boxing coach..yung legendary brazilian national coach na c Luis Doria..yun na rin yung naging cornerman nila during the fight..i wonder nga rin kung part pa rin b c Cigano ng Blackhouse..kc dun sa countdown at sa fight mismo wla akong nkitang miski isang Blackhouse member..unlyk, when AS, Machida, and the Nogs fight..

i also heard nga rin that Guillotine choke cant be successful when the other guy is in side control..but as far as i remember JDS was not in a dominant side control..his back is in the canvass, napunta ata xa dun, when Carwin flipped him or when JDS tried to escape..para xang north-south choke???(like Matt Hughes-Ricardo Almeida) but there back is laying in the canvass..from the replay it seems that JDS is about to tap or he is just trying to push the arm of Carwin knowing that the round will soon end..

because they share the same boxing coach..yung legendary brazilian national coach na c Luis Doria..yun na rin yung naging cornerman nila during the fight..i wonder nga rin kung part pa rin b c Cigano ng Blackhouse..kc dun sa countdown at sa fight mismo wla akong nkitang miski isang Blackhouse member..unlyk, when AS, Machida, and the Nogs fight..

i also heard nga rin that Guillotine choke cant be successful when the other guy is in side control..but as far as i remember JDS was not in a dominant side control..his back is in the canvass, napunta ata xa dun, when Carwin flipped him or when JDS tried to escape..para xang north-south choke???(like Matt Hughes-Ricardo Almeida) but there back is laying in the canvass..from the replay it seems that JDS is about to tap or he is just trying to push the arm of Carwin knowing that the round will soon end..

I think Carwin is trying a D'Arce choke. That's why he flipped to lie on the back for more pressure.

could be a ns choke kaso makaka escape kaagad si jds kasi nasa ilalim si shane carwin eh. honga no walang blackhouse member sa corner nya during the fight itself, haven't watched the prelims so can't say anything about it. baka busy sa pag-gawa ng game plan ang mga tiga blackhouse kasama si zen master nico aka steven seagal ^_^

I think Carwin is trying a D'Arce choke. That's why he flipped to lie on the back for more pressure.

homeboy had the wrong hold bro, he was using an arm in guillotine maneuver so i don't think it was a brabo choke. tipong choke a la carlos newton vs pat miletich "grab a hold of the neck/head then squeeze as hard as you can choke" ^_^

we are all wrong guys,my memory failed me..only JDS back hit the mat in the last seconds..

check out this vid of my bestfriends,

they will explain if that choke is possible or not..and more interesting, they said that Munoz(whow they are training BJJ) almost caught Maia in a SUBMISSION. they discuss also the crucifix of Maia..

anyway, before the JDS-Carwin fight im uber excited if JDS is gonna KO Carwin with a "kick", but then after JDS entrance I didnt see any shadow of Master Seagal..all of those hopes pop just like a bubble.. :angry: :angry:

hahahaha no crane kick for him... he may just be training bjj & all that other stuff with blackhouse and sticks with his boxing coach for striking

yep, mali ikot ni jds, modified arm in guillotine nga siya kaso mas naging neck crank sa lapad ni carwin

Edited by riceb0i

IMO if A.Overeem wins the Grand Prix then give him the UFC champ.. But if somebody else wins it, then let him fight Overeem first since he is their HW champ..

If Overeem wins the grand prix, then he can definitely say that he is not fighting cans anymore.. He has to win against Werdum and Bigfoot and Barnett/Rogers/Kharitonov to win the thing..

I hope that this tournament finishes because I seriously believe that UFC will absorb SF after their deal with Showtime is done..