Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Very bad match up for Tim, I just cant imagine him winning this fight against fedor who is one of the best in securing an arm bar and takedown in MMA. Im pretty sure he will not be able to jab his way to a decision, but oh well... this is MMA anything could happen.

Actually, the way I see it, its the perfect matchup for Fedor, sambo is the equivalent of jujitsu, and Timmy taps at the very first sign of submission, heheheheh!

The only bad match-up I see for Fedor, aside from Randy Couture, is Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida... Provided they decided to fukc their bodies and go up in weight.

this'll be a great match-up. both fighters are good on stand-up and ground although vera has an advantage on clinching. but overall, i expect much for this fight specially vera whose on a rebound.

NOt only that, I believe this fight is the eliminator for the Big Nog fight... If Vera wins, expect a Fil-Italian UFC HW champ, but if Werdum wins, expect a boring all-jujitsu affair for the HW crown...

the only way Sylvia will win is if Fedor fights with both hands cuffed behind his back! :D

Sylvia LOSEER!!!

If Fedor shows up with a bad case of hangover because of vodka from last nights binge, we will still win against the Maine-ac, hehehhehe!

Yeah, they are just amateurs. But its not about amateurs or professionals, the fact that that guy (Simmler) was knocked cold and could not remember anything that happened to him is just as serious as someone being hit by a car (remember what happened to the daughter of former Pres. Fidel Ramos).

Yeah, you are right. But I think something like this happened to boxing already. :)

^ isnt it defunct already?

^ well, the partnership with Monte Cox & M-1 is defunct, but Cox renamed it Adrenaline MMA. it's basically M-1 minus Fedor and company. they did sign Sylvia, and Ben Rothwell & Eddie Alvarez. all 3 guys signed non-exclusive contracts, and the proposed (it hasn't really been confirmed by both parties) Fedor - Sylvia fight will be promoted by Affliction (no word if they'll still be partnering with Golden Boy) and HDNet Fights.

oh, & Fedor will murder Sylvia. no doubt.

Yeah, you are right. But I think something like this happened to boxing already. :)

Actually, there are more recorded deaths in boxing than in MMA (wala pa nga yatang namamatay sa MMA, sa pagkakaalam ko), but because the sports utilizes every imaginable body parts that can really inflict serious danger, not to mention the minimally-padded gloves, mas nakakatakot talaga ang MMA. Take the case of the one in the video, kung sa boxing yun, wala ng sumunod pang tatlong blows to the head yun... Yan din yung pinagtatalunan namin nung trainer ko sa boxing, na kung mas delikado ang MMA compared to boxing, bakit mas maraming namamatay sa boxing kesa sa MMA...

Actually, there are more recorded deaths in boxing than in MMA (wala pa nga yatang namamatay sa MMA, sa pagkakaalam ko), but because the sports utilizes every imaginable body parts that can really inflict serious danger, not to mention the minimally-padded gloves, mas nakakatakot talaga ang MMA. Take the case of the one in the video, kung sa boxing yun, wala ng sumunod pang tatlong blows to the head yun... Yan din yung pinagtatalunan namin nung trainer ko sa boxing, na kung mas delikado ang MMA compared to boxing, bakit mas maraming namamatay sa boxing kesa sa MMA...

^ unfortunately, i'd have to correct you there... go here -> http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=12230

guys pasingit lang,,

anyone intrested?

Muay Thai Vallega Camp is now at the Amoranto Sports Complex QC!

The Vallega Camp has now started training sessions at the Amoranto Sports Complex along Roces Avenue in Quezon City.

Train in Muay Thai the Kru Zhie Vallega (muay association of the phil NCR-chairman) way... HARDCORE!

For info about the Vallega Camp, visit www.geocities.com/muaythaivallegacamp

Vera f#&ked up his thumb in training. I'm not convinced that his camp isn't buying time. He is over rated.

Vasquez has been hit so many times in the head over the years that his brain was scarred heavily. He went out like a gladiator.

Larry, where do you train bro? Let's mix it up some time.

guys pasingit lang,,

anyone intrested?

Muay Thai Vallega Camp is now at the Amoranto Sports Complex QC!

The Vallega Camp has now started training sessions at the Amoranto Sports Complex along Roces Avenue in Quezon City.

Train in Muay Thai the Kru Zhie Vallega (muay association of the phil NCR-chairman) way... HARDCORE!

For info about the Vallega Camp, visit www.geocities.com/muaythaivallegacamp

Training sked? rates?

actually saw something like this when i watched a boxing match in SM southmall by elorde. i think it was march 2007. the big guy dominated the fight from the start. But during the last 10 seconds, the little guy suddenly burst out into a flurry of body punches and caught the other guy on the ropes. The big guy was caught with a hook to the jaw, and was sleeping against the ropes until the referee stopped the fight. I remember him asking his cornerman "ano nangyari?" at the dressing room.

in mma, you can lose without getting hit. in boxing, you have to get hit (a lot, most of the time. often in the head) in order to lose. in mma, the risks include facial fractures, lacerations, oxygen deprivation, hyper extended joints, and broken bones among others. in boxing, aside from the occasional rib and hand fractures, the risk is almost exclusively brain damage. mma gloves are thin, and has minimal protection for the face from swelling and the skin from breaking when it hits. boxing gloves are designed to protect the face of the opponent, but not the brain. the face can take more hits from boxing gloves than from mma gloves. the more the face gets hit, the more the brain shakes, the greater the risk of brain damage. (boxers with more than 20 fights have shown a significant amount of brain damage). few people die from cuts and twisted/hyperextended joints and broken bones. but shake the brain enough, and it can be fatal.

Edited by Palakol

plus 1 to palakol's post! ^_^

anyways what's with the tim sylvia hate? i believe he'd be a real test to fedor, since fedor has been fighting cans for quite some time. c'mon guys, timmy boy ktfo ricco suave when ricco was at his prime. i believe if fedor tries to throw bombs with tim fedor will lose, but if fedor cliches on tim, tim can't have his way it'll be fedor by armbar whenever that happens. ^_^

plus 1 to palakol's post! ^_^

anyways what's with the tim sylvia hate? i believe he'd be a real test to fedor, since fedor has been fighting cans for quite some time. c'mon guys, timmy boy ktfo ricco suave when ricco was at his prime. i believe if fedor tries to throw bombs with tim fedor will lose, but if fedor cliches on tim, tim can't have his way it'll be fedor by armbar whenever that happens. ^_^

^ i believe, after Frank Mir broke Tim's arm Tim started to become too tentative. although he had 4 wins via stoppages after the Mir fight (KO over Arlovski & a scary KO over Telligman), the rest of the way he maintained a plodding pace, content on keeping it on the feet and just jabbing and leaning his way to the UD victory. he even wasn't able to finish midcarder Assuerio Silva. if he maintained that nastiness he had when he fought Ricco & Gan McGee even after breaking his arm then maybe the hate wouldn't be there that much.

^ i believe, after Frank Mir broke Tim's arm Tim started to become too tentative. although he had 4 wins via stoppages after the Mir fight (KO over Arlovski & a scary KO over Telligman), the rest of the way he maintained a plodding pace, content on keeping it on the feet and just jabbing and leaning his way to the UD victory. he even wasn't able to finish midcarder Assuerio Silva. if he maintained that nastiness he had when he fought Ricco & Gan McGee even after breaking his arm then maybe the hate wouldn't be there that much.

but i'd still say if fedor trades bombs with tim he's as good as done, kapag ganun ang nangyari tim by KO ^_^

but if fedor does what he does best, it's fedor via armbar hehehehe he's a maniac with armbars, he pulls em off like a magician pulls rabbits outta hats! ^_^

sakin lang talaga, tim sylvia would be a good test if fedor is legit p4p the best.