Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

my predictions:

Brock by TKO

Tim by TKO

Mir is the heavy favorite but I want to see Lesnar win because one of my precious scorpion is at stake, hehehehe! And I do believe that wrestlers have slight advantage in MMA...

As much as I want to see Nog victorious, I have a feeling that he will be beaten to a pulp... Sana mali ako.

Edited by hardtohandle

Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua confirms fight with Chuck Liddell in June

Last night we passed along an interview with former UFC light heavyweight champion, Chuck Liddell, during which he revealed for the first time that a fight was in the works to face former Pride FC 205-pound standout, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

Today, Tatame.com caught up with the Brazilian who confirmed that the fight was indeed on and that he looks forward to avenging the loss of Wanderlei Silva (Liddell defeated Silva via unanimous decision at UFC 79: “Nemesis” in December 2007):

Here’s the snip from Shogun (roughly translated):

“I confirmed that fight yesterday. Everything is agreed for June and I hope to make this a huge fight and represent my good team … For sure I’m going to avenge Wanderlei … he passed by Curitiba for a short time and then left to his city, but we got to get together and talk. We are going to make an exchange, but i don’t know when thats going to happen. Everything depends on the strategy my team has for this fight…. [Chuck] has a very good boxing and wrestling team. Liddell’s game is more standing, but it can be an error trying to take him down because it requires a lot of strength. I am going to try to improve my tactics with Alejo Morales, my brother and the rest of the team, but I can exchange with him and finish this fight standing.”

Now that’s a fight. June can’t come soon enough.

Fabricio Werdum will fight the winner of a bout between Tim Sylvia and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, that is set to take place at UFC 81.

Edited by Insaniac

frank mir won... via knee bar against brock lesnar... but...

dapat panalo si brock lesnar dun, the referee stop the fight... Tinigil habang gulpi si frank mir, hindi naman sadyang nasuntok ng isang beses sa likod si frank, dahil biglang tumalikod si frank natural natamaan sya sa likod ng ulo... tpos hindi naman malakas ang suntok, tinigil agad ng referee...

Isang suntok lang ni brock lesnar, tumba agad si frank mir... unfair yung referee stoppage, may momentun na si brock lesnar eh

When is the replay pls?

later tonight at studio 23 or tomorrow night at balls din.

brock looks like a monster but mir capitalized on his lack of experience. Im sure brock will be back to give us exciting and brutal fights on his future bouts.

talking about experience, big nog had it again after being beaten down by silvia.

I think Brock is no hype whatsoever. Its purely the lack of experience that enabled Mir, who is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion, to get that knee bar. Hehehe. Beside, give him a foe less than Mir for say the next 3 to 4 fights and you will see what Brock can really do inside the octagon.

The win by Noguera showed that he really is one of the best heavyweight MMA champion having annexed both the Pride FC and the UFC titles. It will be nice to see Couture go back to the UFC and rumble with Noguera. Hopefully Emilienko will join the UFC and we will see who among the 3 is really the top heavyweight MM Artist on the planet.

Yes! Panalo si Big Nog! :D

Re: Mir.. Sino ba yung kasamang commentator ni Joe Rogan? Lagi na lang sinasabi na Mir is back! Pwe! Ilang ulit nang nag-comeback si Mir, wala pa din naman.. For me, inexperience ang tumalo kay Brock.. Mir was getting pounded til the "lucky break". IMHO, Mir's win = TSAMBA!

Yes! Panalo si Big Nog! :D

Re: Mir.. Sino ba yung kasamang commentator ni Joe Rogan? Lagi na lang sinasabi na Mir is back! Pwe! Ilang ulit nang nag-comeback si Mir, wala pa din naman.. For me, inexperience ang tumalo kay Brock.. Mir was getting pounded til the "lucky break". IMHO, Mir's win = TSAMBA!

I agree bro, brock should have won the fight... This stupid ref stop the fight while brock is pounding mir... Sinuntok daw sa likod ng ulo si mir, eh hindi naman kasalanan ni brock yun dahil biglang tumalikod si frank mir, tsaka prang batok lang yung nangyari, break agad... poor decision by the ref :thumbsdownsmiley: